Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Ularg posted:

I bought the game at $45 before there was any starter edition. It was like the first time it was marked down plus a Steam sale.

E: checked my purchase history, I bought this game Feb 10, 2016.

I bought the full game too but I'm still having to unlock the stock operators one by one, I only have four attackers and four defenders right now (including Hibana). I thought the full version gave you all the stock operators but apparently I was wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Full version doesn't give you the stock operators but they only cost 500-2000 renown (depending on how many you already have unlocked of that CTU). You should be able to unlock all of them in a weekend of playing.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Hard posted:

but then you end up with the problem we have with everything thats red in our game for colorblinds.

edit: make electronics display as black so there will be contrast to immediately identify and color blind people can see too.

keyframe fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Aug 23, 2017

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Thief posted:

lol there is an inglorious basterds reference on one of the arcade machines in that vid

If I remember correctly, It's actually the username of a Siege fan that lost his fight against cancer/some other nasty poo poo. Small homage :patriot:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Hard posted:

If I remember correctly, It's actually the username of a Siege fan that lost his fight against cancer/some other nasty poo poo. Small homage :patriot:

And the monster in the video smashed it.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Sultan Tarquin posted:

And the monster in the video smashed it.

Dude, i was thinking the same thing like hum.. should have made that indestructible but that drat thing makes sounds, sometimes you need dead silence.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
i heard a funny joke (in Border iirc) where the person was referencing some obscure classical music to describe which room he was calling out, claiming the other section of the map played some other symphony and that we should have known better

Hard posted:

:unsmith:

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
https://clips.twitch.tv/AdventurousLongJaguarCharlietheUnicorn

I still kinda can't believe spots like this work.

I'm really curious to see what will happen to Cav's hiding spots after the lighting update.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Oh that reminds me; Hard, apparently you can jam yourself into/under the sink in the kitchen on Kanal, second floor on the white building. Some guy jammed himself in there, I don't know if he was able to fight back but he was almost completely hidden inside the geometry and of around thirty rounds on his legs only five or six registered.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
I have yet to play a full casual match from start to finish with the same 10 players since alpha packs hit.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

i'm actually more apt to sticking around for those %s whereas before i would slam the gently caress outta alt-f4

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
https://twitter.com/Rainbow6Game/status/900387167888789504

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Orv posted:

Oh that reminds me; Hard, apparently you can jam yourself into/under the sink in the kitchen on Kanal, second floor on the white building. Some guy jammed himself in there, I don't know if he was able to fight back but he was almost completely hidden inside the geometry and of around thirty rounds on his legs only five or six registered.

There's a lot of places like this where you can break out cabinet doors or destroy chairs to reveal little hiding places.

Bartlett has a ton of hosed under desk locations that people never check.

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

I'm sure you and your 37 dollars will prove to be quite the legal sensation
I hide under desks as Caveira sometimes and listen for the gentle pitter-patter of footsteps running by

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

since the new meta is slam picking ela, are click macros allowed?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ1UdYOrR3E&t=17s

rap music posted:

since the new meta is slam picking ela, are click macros allowed?

when mira came out i didnt even pick her after season pass only thing ended because it increased your chances of getting TK'd approximately 69%

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

So you're making operator vids for the new ops now, Hard? MAKE UP YOUR loving MIND

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Yea but I got to see Doc's nips.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OqJc-DZKjw

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Fake, not enough promises of new game modes

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

https://clips.twitch.tv/ExpensiveTrustworthySlothTBTacoLeft

OpErAtIoN hEaLtH

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Oh yeah, I've seen that before. Had a guy who backed up into there like 2 tmes during a match when we assaulted Garage.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Discord group best group tonight.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Ularg posted:

Discord group best group tonight.

Discord group always best group. We've been running 3 full squads at times even during oPeRaTiOn HeAlTh.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I kinda feel like the best way I'm gonna get better with an operator is to only pick that operator no matter what instead of hopping between whatever teams need.

Also, what's the best operator gadget to get kills with?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Ularg posted:

Also, what's the best operator gadget to get kills with?

If you're going just for straight kills the Fuze charge is the best by far. After that C4/grenades.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

capitao's fire arrow is the most fun low stress way to do those challenges in casual if you like to peek

nobody plays him so you can get a lot of campers by surprise that think they're safe dug in behind a shield in the corner

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Party Plane Jones posted:

If you're going just for straight kills the Fuze charge is the best by far. After that C4/grenades.

C4/Grenades count as gadget kills for the Melee/Gadget challenge?

Eh, might as well go fuse with a shield so I can fuse and shield bash.

drat I wish the group was still going, solo play is stressful, especially since every round someone rage quits.

Edit: For people who live by the Reflex, what could convince me to switch to that from red dot/Holo. I'm not a huge fan of Holo but I don't mind red dot casing whatsoever, I just wish the triangle for Reflex was hollowed out.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Aug 24, 2017

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Ularg posted:

Yes.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Ularg posted:

Yes. Also kills you get while sneaking around as Caviar.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Is there a way to disable burst fire? It makes using single fire really obnoxious having to cycle through it.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

In this case it's Operation HeaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://streamable.com/i5xoe

ten_twentyfour
Jan 24, 2008

Discord goons lookin' good.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Hard can you please separate people who just bought the game because of the free weekend into their own matchmaking queue this is just awful.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fkQMrfhQHg

Demo continues to do gods work and make Tachanka great again.

#MTGA

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Hard can you please separate people who just bought the game because of the free weekend into their own matchmaking queue this is just awful.

Do me a solid, help em' out and don't stomp them too much.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Hard posted:

Do me a solid, help em' out and don't stomp them too much.

It's not even that. Just my teams are full of screaming people all tking each other then quitting :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

i actually like playing with inexperienced players regardless of which side they're on. the shootouts are more exciting when they don't end immediately at first pixel exposure.

if you have a mic its the best time to roleplay thatcher :britain:

i've found the best way to neutralize toxic players in games like this is to just kill them with kindness and play a support role so they feel important enough to actually try

• Locked thread