Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Oh no, all blood guns are strictly competition or post apocalypse use only. My defensive guns are sterile of any devotions to the chaos gods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

What magwell is that Rat? The Magpul one? If it is, how you like it?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Yeah, Magpul. Seems nice so far. Have yet to actually run it in a match though.

The price point was what really sold me on it. $25, compared to all the other mag wells that are $100? Sign me the gently caress up.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

The Rat posted:

Oh no, all blood guns are strictly competition or post apocalypse use only. My defensive guns are sterile of any devotions to the chaos gods.

That's a drat shame, because I would love to see the coverage of a trial where a bunch of burglars got smoked by a dude with night vision and a $4,000 SBR, and the deposition where expert witnesses are being called to testify about WH40k arcana and aesthetics.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

INNOCENCE PROVES NOTHING

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Dead Reckoning posted:

That's a drat shame, because I would love to see the coverage of a trial where a bunch of burglars got smoked by a dude with night vision and a $4,000 SBR, and the deposition where expert witnesses are being called to testify about WH40k arcana and aesthetics.

"Your honor, he recited the Litany of Get the gently caress Off My Lawn before shooting my client."

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Rat posted:

THIS BEEF BONE IS AWARDED TO KARL FOR VALOROUS CONDUCT IN DEFENSIVE AND SEARCH AND DESTROY OPERATIONS AGAINST THE ENEMY. KARL CLOSED WITH AND ENGAGED THE ENEMY, AND DESPITE INJURY, ELIMINATED THEM WITH NO CHICKEN BYSTANDER CASUALTIES. HIS DEDICATION TO DUTY AND SELFELESS SERVICE ARE IN KEEPING WITH THE FINEST TRADITIONS OF GUARD DOGS. HIS ACTIONS REFLECT GREAT CREDIT ON HIM, TASK FORCE TRASH PANDA AND THE UNITED STATES.

:cheerdoge:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Dead Reckoning posted:

"Your honor, the nails were singing."

- "Government stipulates to a plea of singing nails, your honor"

- " Case dismissed"

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

quote:

‘This is how it begins,’ Khârn said. ‘This is how the coldness you so despise in Erebus first takes root in you.’
Argel Tal shook his head. ‘Don’t act as if this is new to either of us; as though neither of us has butchered hundreds of innocents, young and old, with our own hands. This isn’t a game of selective morality, Khârn. We slaughter the innocent and guilty alike, whether they hold lasguns, bolters, or cower in their homes holding only each other.’
‘I was Lost each time I killed civilians.’ Khârn gritted his teeth. ‘Lost to the Nails.’
‘You can lie to yourself and your Legion – but not to me, brother. Even if you were “Lost”, does that excuse what you have done? Does it make everything better? As you tore those men, women and children apart, did any of their screams even once turn to understanding smiles? Did they reach up during their own massacres to give your their blessings, forgiving you for the fact you can’t control your own rage?’

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

If only Argel Tal had been OJ's defense lawyer.

Could have saved the US justice system some ridicule.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Now I can't stop thinking of a sitcom about renegade law firm Gal Vorbak Legal and Argel Tal, attorney at law, in a business suit, fused helmet, horns and all.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Oh man, that would be so glorious.

"I will not lose a case here. I am only destined to lose a case in the shadow of great wings."

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

You walk in on Argel Tal in a court house's bathroom, seemingly giving himself a pep talk in the mirror before the closing arguments, and he suddenly turns to you, yelling "CAN RAUM AND I HAVE A loving MINUTE OF PRIVACY OVER HERE? JEEEZ!"

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Found a Mossberg 590 on sale. Guess who has one now.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

ElMaligno posted:

Found a Mossberg 590 on sale. Guess who has one now.

Time for a stabby accessory!

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Armored brought the tommy gun with nazi bodies on it to the range today :3:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Woof Blitzer posted:

Is that a kill count carved on the stock? :stare:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

BigDave posted:

Yup and I got to do two bursts in exchange for a perfect pistol qual :D

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

BigDave posted:

Man I love that configuration.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Woof Blitzer posted:

this gun has done more for this country than the modern democrats and modern republicans.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

LingcodKilla posted:

Man I love that configuration.

Agree, though I wouldn't mind seeing a vent rib barrel on it and maybe one of those giant Cutts compensators :haw:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Just stuff to break when you run out of rounds and have to resort to beating the bad Nazi thoughts out of the enemy's skull.

I got to fire a stick off one owned by the Vallejo pd many years ago. Woo!

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
That gat is rad as gently caress.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I shot a Thompson about 2 years ago and it was awesome. It's got just enough recoil to still be fun thanks to the .45 round and relatively high rate of fire, but the weight makes it a breeze to control so you can still hit what you're aiming at. It's also really satisfying to lock back the bolt on an SMG with how it clunks into place.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Bought some wooden furniture for the shotgun as well as a stabby point.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Can someone do me a favor and measure the dimensions of a 30 rd stanag? Height, width, thickness, etc.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

ElMaligno posted:

Bought some wooden furniture for the shotgun as well as a stabby point.
Yesss :getin:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

can someone measure their stanag/pmag and give me the dimensions? I'm trying to make a chest rig like this but out of acid washed denim.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

If you make that you need to take a Canadian Tuxedo photograph with it

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Anybody know if you can put wood on a 930spx? Because I now have a 930spx

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

can someone measure their stanag/pmag and give me the dimensions? I'm trying to make a chest rig like this but out of acid washed denim.

I don't have any mags handy to measure or I would. Best I can do for ya right now is this: http://www.specopsbrand.com/pouches-and-organizer/ammo-pouches/x2-mag-pouch.html

It says it holds two M16 mags with the following dimensions:
Overall Dimensions: 7.75" high, 3.75" wide x 2.75" thick. Main Compartment: 6.5" high x 3" wide x 1.5" thick @ 29.25 cubic inches. Total Capacity: 29.25 cubic inches.

They didn't have a single mag pouch on here and all the other ones I found didn't include the interior dimensions. Reducing the thickness by a little less than half should hold a single mag fairly well if that is what you want.

Smiling Jack posted:

Anybody know if you can put wood on a 930spx? Because I now have a 930spx

You sure can.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I'll whip my tape measure out when I get home to get those mag dimensions if someone hasn't beaten me to it by then.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

On the gun nerd scale of GIP, ranging from "Shooting is awesome" to "The Rat" how bad is it that I want to buy a dremel, carve and paint in glorious gold an imperial Aquila on the stock.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

ElMaligno posted:

On the gun nerd scale of GIP, ranging from "Shooting is awesome" to "The Rat" how bad is it that I want to buy a dremel, carve and paint in glorious gold an imperial Aquila on the stock.

You should buy a dremel. What you do with it in your free time is your own business.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Every household should have a rotary tool of some kind. A rotary tool and a drill are the bare minimum to qualify as having Dad Tools, IMHO.

(Does not need to be a powered drill. Yankee drills, for example, are dad as gently caress.)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I got a cordless and a corded drill because sometimes you need more torque but a hammer drill is overkill.

Compound miter saw, cordless compound saw and jigsaw make my life complete.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
Sawzall is nice to have sometimes. Plus a power/hammer drill is good to have laying around if there's even a slight chance you're going to have to break out masonry bits for something.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

Can someone do me a favor and measure the dimensions of a 30 rd stanag? Height, width, thickness, etc.

approx 7" high from feed lips to base, 2 3/8" thick front to back, 3/4" wide

magpul 2nd gen non window

7 3/8" high from feed lips to base 2/38" thick front to back, 1 1/8" wide

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

M_Gargantua posted:

You should buy a dremel. What you do with it in your free time is your own business.

do yourself a favor and buy a corded one though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

ElMaligno posted:

I would go with some kind of wood burning kit and burn the design in instead of using a dremel. A dremel is generally pretty imprecise and it's easy to get sloppy with it, and I feel like the paint would fade, flake off and become a shadow of itself JUST LIKE THAT ROTTING CORPSE OF AN EMPEROR WITH ITS INSATIABLE THIRST FOR SOULS THAT YOUR CRUMBLING EMPIRE IS BUILT UPON