Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Vince MechMahon posted:

Coop gonna be back in the last, or second to last episode. There's the shot of him driving from the trailer we still haven't seen, and Dougie can't drive.

That could be evil Cooper in disguise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
episode 8 was worth whatever boredom i've suffered this season. i don't sit down and watch this on the couch though, it's just playing on my second monitor, i'd probably be pissed if i had dedicated an hour to do nothing but watch ep 12.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

an hour is not a long time

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
you guise just cannot understand the artistry

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

is this the most active twin peaks season 3 thread on the forums

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

is this the most active twin peaks season 3 thread on the forums
Er... no, the TVIV thread.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

JazzFlight posted:

Er... no, the TVIV thread.

Dude that was mean. :(

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
The thing about foreverial tiedup Frank is that he loves being tiedup and wants to gently caress anything that moves with his permanent PBR and bourbon tongue and pass the virus to them that will fully velvetize their organs and insides so they end up being fully blue mummified, covered in permanent cloth skin just like him. Literally a baby, literally a baby and wanting to gently caress. Tiedup like a mummy, changed forever, to live fully velvetized and live wrapped like a mummy wearing a permanent nitrous oxide inhaler that cant be taken off. Foreverial tiedup Frank, blue mummified permanently and enjoying it. Fully wrapped in permanent cloth skin and fully velvetized and loving it.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
My guess is that Audrey's "soul" is in some sort of lodge, while her body is in a coma.

Edit: never mind. That don't make no sense.

The Dennis System fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Aug 17, 2017

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Zmej posted:

Yea that definitely was the weakest scene. Someone in TVIV said that better not be some deus ex machina but idk what else it could be.

Considering it's David Lynch and he loves to gently caress with people with pointless diversions that go nowhere, I'd say we will never even see that character again.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
What a wet fart of an episode. I guess good Cooper has shocked himself back from retardation?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Oldstench posted:

What a wet fart of an episode. I guess good Cooper has shocked himself back from retardation?

Ed and Norma got together finally. Shelly's kid's husband shot himself. The gangster got killed which means the white trash hit squad is gonna be after Dougie/Coop next. Douggie probably just fixed himself. Richard met his dad (maybe). Booper hung out with David Bowie who got turned into a tea kettle. We got to see Glove Guy Freddie punch people. Log Lady died and gave the final hint to Hawk. And a small woman screamed in a bar.

It was a great episode.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

Ed and Norma got together finally. Shelly's kid's husband shot himself. The gangster got killed which means the white trash hit squad is gonna be after Dougie/Coop next. Douggie probably just fixed himself. Richard met his dad (maybe). Booper hung out with David Bowie who got turned into a tea kettle. We got to see Glove Guy Freddie punch people. Log Lady died and gave the final hint to Hawk. And a small woman screamed in a bar.

It was a great episode.
i just jizzed in my pants reading that

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

It was a great episode.
yup, except it ended with Audrey/Charlie which just sucks the air out of the entire episode/room so efficiently.

I hope the Audrey reveal is something so stupid that even the most vocal defenders of those scenes get upset

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
Did anybody post this yet? http://www.vulture.com/2017/08/twin-peaks-actor-accused-of-trying-to-murder-his-girlfriend.html

quote:

The actor who plays Mickey on Twin Peaks: The Return is facing attempted-murder charges after he beat his girlfriend with a baseball bat in Spokane, Washington. Jeremy Lindholm, 41, was upset that his girlfriend would not go to a store to get him a Kool-Aid before going to work at a lingerie boutique.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Oh no not Mickey

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

whoa

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Does she work at Horne's Department Store?

Zmej posted:

yup, except it ended with Audrey/Charlie which just sucks the air out of the entire episode/room so efficiently.

I hope the Audrey reveal is something so stupid that even the most vocal defenders of those scenes get upset

At first I liked those scenes because that guy was so loving funny-looking. I don't even mean the dwarfism, I mean he's just really really funny-looking. And it made the melodramatic bullshit hilarious and also kinda creepy and "off".

But then after a while I got used to it and it became boring. It almost feels like David Lynch tried really hard to ruin everybody's two favorite characters, Audrey and Cooper. Except it backfired because Cooper is still awesome as Dougie Jones.

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Aug 23, 2017

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
he don't got the dwarfism. juvenile rheumatoid arthritis did him in. he married a hot lady irl though so it's okay

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Zmej posted:

okay, off comes the coat

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

No one's defending anything because nothing needs to be defended. Unless that's defending it? I dunno.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
this seasons great and much better than the first two btw

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Soup du Journey posted:

It's probably better-made and definitely better on the whole but that initial stretch from Pete finding Laura's body all the way to Cooper asking "is it any easier to believe a man would rape and murder his own daughter" is pure lightning in a bottle and can't really be topped IMO.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

last ep owned

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
It's a good show. Cooper looked more functional before electrocuting himself. So I'm guessing he's either dead for good or he'll be back

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
He ain't never comin' back.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

im sure he'll turnip eventually

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Soup du Journey posted:

the high points are better than pretty much anything. the creepier bits from eps 1 through 3 and the entirety of ep 8 are fantastic. the average is worse than s1, and the worst bits are equally as awful as anything in 2 (though in a different way).

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I think this'll be like the original seasons where it all seems great on first viewing but on rewatch I'll notice that some parts aren't actually wonderful. It's still the honeymoon phase though so I have no idea what they will be.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

next episode:

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Maya Fey posted:

last ep owned

feller
Jul 5, 2006

who the heck is mickey

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Senor Dog posted:

who the heck is mickey
the guy that was in the truck with john turturro in that one episode.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

This season owns but the first two were probably th best tv ever so it's not as good as those sry

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
s02 was trash unfortunately

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I really hope this gets picked up into a regular series, because this really feels more like an 18-hour pilot than a standalone TV series. There's just too much poo poo up in the air and I get the feeling none of it's going to be wrapped up by the end.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

King Vidiot posted:

I really hope this gets picked up into a regular series, because this really feels more like an 18-hour pilot than a standalone TV series. There's just too much poo poo up in the air and I get the feeling none of it's going to be wrapped up by the end.
I could watch the Twin Peaks return endlessly because each night it's completely up in the air as to what I'm going to see. It's a wonderful little gift.

They don't need to answer every mystery. Hell, just give more completely bananas supernatural poo poo with odd CGI and I'm on board.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Soup du Journey posted:

s02 was trash unfortunately

nice wrong opinion retard

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
now you've done it. you signed your own post...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

King Vidiot posted:

lol just lol if you want anything resolved and not treat this like a prolonged fevered dream

• Locked thread