Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Corbeau posted:

The observer is so bad. :stare:

This has to be one of the hardest games possible to cast, to be fair. I love the casters not being subtle about it, though. "Let's maybe not watch these guys, they're boring".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Fart Car '97 posted:

RNG loot spawn, circles. E-sports succeed because people like supporting specific players. It's going to be hard to convince people to invest their time into watching the game when A) The core aspects of winning aren't really exciting and B) A ton of players are going to get knocked out randomly due to sheer dumb luck of bad loot or being forced into poo poo positioning because of bad luck with circles.

IMHO it actually adds something to the game over boring poo poo like a standard FPS where you spawn with generic loot every time. Different strokes for different folks, but I would point out that the millions of people playing and watching PUBG would say you're wrong.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Any Xbox news?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

ChesterJT posted:

IMHO it actually adds something to the game over boring poo poo like a standard FPS where you spawn with generic loot every time. Different strokes for different folks, but I would point out that the millions of people playing and watching PUBG would say you're wrong.

I think time will tell but the game is a lot more fun to play than it is to watch at a competitive level so far. W/R/t streamers, I think there's a huge difference in watching a streamer, who is playing to entertain viewers and in whom none of the viewers really have anything invested, vs. supporting someone on a comp level in a game where they just maybe get screwed twice in a row on the drop and they're out of the tournament you've been waiting a month to watch.

Squad, maybe. Solo, I don't see it ever. There is just such a drastic disparity in how people normally play the game, vs how people play the game to win.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

rofl @ that swap to the map right as the standoff we wasted a minute on goes hot... the camera REALLY is bad.

edit: hahahahha the saga of evermore continues, the guy is hiding in a crevice on sea cliffs possibly stuck.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
lmao at spawn island guy sitting outside the blue

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

ChesterJT posted:

Fart Car '97 posted:

I think time will tell but the game is a lot more fun to play than it is to watch at a competitive level so far. W/R/t streamers, I think there's a huge difference in watching a streamer, who is playing to entertain viewers and in whom none of the viewers really have anything invested, vs. supporting someone on a comp level in a game where they just maybe get screwed twice in a row on the drop and they're out of the tournament you've been waiting a month to watch.

Squad, maybe. Solo, I don't see it ever. There is just such a drastic disparity in how people normally play the game, vs how people play the game to win.

as my dad used to tell me before soccer games... "its raining for everyone. get out there and play"

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Is there that much benefit to showing this live? Would they be able to delay by a few minutes even to get good angles on the action?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

oh my loving god this camera work

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

lmao at spawn island guy sitting outside the blue

Top 10 performance.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Qmass posted:

rofl @ that swap to the map right as the standoff we wasted a minute on goes hot... the camera REALLY is bad.

edit: hahahahha the saga of evermore continues, the guy is hiding in a crevice on sea cliffs possibly stuck.

HE STILL TOP TEN'D AHAHAHA.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Tomie knows me posted:

HE STILL TOP TEN'D AHAHAHA.
Anyone see if tsm_break is still alive ? Could be enough points to take first overall :O

ahahhaha yes evermore has won overall what a loving legend!

Qmass fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Aug 23, 2017

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
kill points - 20

lmao solid first place performance

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

I loving love that Evermore secured 1st by hiding in that stoney asscrack, truly next level play. $15,000 :eyepop:

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Nice scoring system, guys.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
I like the camera switch to overhead map view as people are about to fight. That is about as unexciting as you can get.

Evermore won going to spawn island every game, so many people are going to do that gimmick now

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

as my dad used to tell me before soccer games... "its raining for everyone. get out there and play"

That pretty much sums it up for me. It's like complaining that you got 1% wetter than your opponent.

I do agree squads should be great to watch and for the love of god fire this piece of poo poo cameraman. Is there like an official site or something showing the tournament setup and how this is all working?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I want to play just like Evermore

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

He won with 4 kills over 3 games. lol what idiot decided that a kill was worth 5 points.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Qmass posted:

Anyone see if tsm_break is still alive ? Could be enough points to take first overall :O

ahahhaha yes evermore has won overall what a loving legend!

This owns everything owns.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

frajaq posted:

I want to play just like Evermore

My secret's now out in the open.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Its a pretty disgusting way to play in pubs with no stakes but when money is on the line you do what you gotta do @!

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Break still got second place, so at least he got some cash.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

gently caress the money. Those pans are baller. I hope one of them wears it PUBG style

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Gold pan is loving rad.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Sparticle posted:

He won with 4 kills over 3 games. lol what idiot decided that a kill was worth 5 points.
This is Quidditch all over again!

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
Bronze pan guy looking around like "Cool, got a pan, can I go back to the game now?"

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

odiv posted:

This is Quidditch all over again!

lmao Quidditch is fun to play but would never be a professional esport because

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Sparticle posted:

ded gaem

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Well, the tournament wasn't great, but that desert map sure looks hot.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Corbeau posted:

Well, the tournament wasn't great, but that desert map sure looks hot.

Cool things happened! They were just off-screen, because reasons.

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

Truly the corgiest of goodposts

the REAL GRAND MASTER evermore has ousted the whiny baby from the championship pedestal.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

can someone link the stream?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Lol the Dr just tried to run over some people and went right through them, circled around like 6 times and just kept going right through them then yells off screen "ship it! and get a $350k tournament going". He's the best.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Rex-Goliath posted:

can someone link the stream?

It's over for today but its here: https://www.twitch.tv/playbattlegrounds

Schedule is on their offline card.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

ChesterJT posted:

Lol the Dr just tried to run over some people and went right through them, circled around like 6 times and just kept going right through them then yells off screen "ship it! and get a $350k tournament going". He's the best.

AFK kills? My friend drove through a crowd of 50 AFKers and couldn't hit any of them, I could still shoot them though.

gently caress it SHIP IT. lol

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
was playing solo fpp. there's a concrete shed in the zone so i'm figuring someone's gonna be in it. pull the pin on my stun, grenade sails in the window. sprint up and slam open the door...there's just a dude sitting blinded in the corner. doesn't even spray when i start dumping into him.

wtf? do flashes render you way more deaf than i realize?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

was playing solo fpp. there's a concrete shed in the zone so i'm figuring someone's gonna be in it. pull the pin on my stun, grenade sails in the window. sprint up and slam open the door...there's just a dude sitting blinded in the corner. doesn't even spray when i start dumping into him.

Yes. Extremely

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Yes. Hit yourself with a flash sometime. You become completely deaf and the screen goes all white for a few seconds. I've never been shot while flashed so I'm not sure if you still see the blood graphics overlaid on the white screen but it wouldn't surprise me if you didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Completely deaf for a few seconds, in my experience being flashbanged that one time in 100 hours

• Locked thread