Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/MichaelJKist/status/898323709550764032/video/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

TeeMerk posted:

Dak is holding up the Lombardi this year.

Prett bold predicting Dak is traded to the Eagles. :thunk:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

CBS Sports ran a year simulation on the new Madden and had some interesting results. I can't remember them all, but I do remember that Dak won the MVP, Philly won the NFCE and went 11-5, Dallas won a Wild Card slot, but neither made it to the superbowl because it was Falcons v Chargers.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

a new study bible! posted:

CBS Sports ran a year simulation on the new Madden and had some interesting results. I can't remember them all, but I do remember that Dak won the MVP, Philly won the NFCE and went 11-5, Dallas won a Wild Card slot, but neither made it to the superbowl because it was Falcons v Chargers.

That simulation must have been run before the Eagles got Darby because the Eagles are going to the SUPER BOWL!!!! (where they will lose)

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Derek Barnett is being promoted to the first team defense for next week's preseason game because of his exceptional performance so far.

:allears:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

89 posted:

Derek Barnett is being promoted to the first team defense for next week's preseason game because of his exceptional performance so far.

It's like the perfect situation for most Eagles fans. The rookie is looking good and Howie Roseman can be mocked for Vinny Curry's contract.

Where are the Cowboys hot takes?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

It's like the perfect situation for most Eagles fans. The rookie is looking good and Howie Roseman can be mocked for Vinny Curry's contract.

Where are the Cowboys hot takes?

Rookie QB is gonna take Daks spot

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I feel like if the Cowboys had better fans we'd be hearing a lot more about Jaylon Smith

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

89 posted:

Just in time to tear his ACL!

:cry:

NotWearingPants posted:

That simulation must have been run before the Eagles got Darby because the Eagles are going to the SUPER BOWL!!!! (where they will lose)

EIGHTEEN

AND

ONE

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

blue squares posted:

Rookie QB is gonna take Daks spot

They really should cut Moore and just give Rush the backup spot. Kid's looked 30x better in his preseason snaps and he's got a much better football name

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

NotWearingPants posted:

I feel like if the Cowboys had better fans we'd be hearing a lot more about Jaylon Smith

There's reason to be optimistic after tonight, but I'm pretty sure mostly everybody around the team is just holding their breath and waiting for the season to start for him. So far so good!:shepface:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Shinjobi posted:

There's reason to be optimistic after tonight, but I'm pretty sure mostly everybody around the team is just holding their breath and waiting for the season to start for him. So far so good!:shepface:

I'm sure a lot of Eagles fans will be pulling for him since he played for Philly's favorite college team :catholic: :suicide:.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

NotWearingPants posted:

He has played 12 snaps. Looks fast and aggressive in a straight line but looks like he has some issues with quick lateral redirection in small spaces as you would expect with his drop foot condition. He looks super good at football

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'm glad that Derek Barnett does not look like a bust at all

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Tobin and our 2018 7th round pick for Seattle's 2018 5th round pick. Little things add up. The Eagles now have three 4th round picks and two 5th round picks to go along with their 1st. I bet Roseman finds a way to play those picks up to a 3rd and maybe a 2nd round pick.

(Also I believe one of the 4ths becomes a 3rd if Rowe plays more than 50% of the snaps for New England, but I doubt that happens unless they have an injury because Rowe is mediocre at best.)

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wait are you saying he'll turn a 444 and 55 into a 2 + 3?

What's the chart say?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Amy Pole Her posted:

Wait are you saying he'll turn a 444 and 55 into a 2 + 3?

What's the chart say?

I have no idea what he'll do, but he makes a lot of moves.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
OBJ is dead again:

http://deadspin.com/odell-beckham-jr-limps-off-field-after-tough-hit-crum-1798293893

https://twitter.com/guga31bb/status/899796316116533252

https://twitter.com/JoshNorris/status/899797016296816640

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
He was joggin in his workout clothes after the game. He's fine.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Eagles traded Matt Tobin and a 2018 7th Round pick to the Seahawks for their 5th round 2018 pick

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I dint know who Tobin is so I'm calling that a good trade

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

euphronius posted:

I dint know who Tobin is so I'm calling that a good trade

Backup guard who looked okay-ish when he filled in on occasion. Was a udfa with the Iggles in 2013. Probably an upgrade for the Seahawks but wasn't going to get a lot of playime in Philly.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I'm glad we're selling our surplus lineman for future draft picks this year rather than for Dorial Green Beckhams.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Did DGB do anything ever ?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

euphronius posted:

Did DGB do anything ever ?

He got cut :hehe:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
My prediction that Carson Wentz would turn DGB into Megatron turned out to be less than prescient.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2017/08/heres_how_eagles_defense_did_vs_jay_cutler_jarvis.html

Lol

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Cutler in practice beating our corners who we knew already were pretty bad.

Whats the story here?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cutler finished Tuesday's practice 13-of-16 passing, with 6 touchdowns and one interception.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

euphronius posted:

Cutler finished Tuesday's practice 13-of-16 passing, with 6 touchdowns and one interception.

gently caress it ill bite:

2 of those TD's were thrown in 7on7 drills,

We knew we were bad against Tight Ends anyway/

Its practice so who the gently caress cares

Cutler is a pretty good QB, but he fails to produce like this in actual games.

Its practice so who the gently caress cares

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I was just answering the guys question lol

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Luckily the Eagles won't need to face any QBs of Cutler's stature in division.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Like Wentz is going to throw less than 7 TD's a game this year.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I'm deeply concerned that Wentz never hit the 3td game milestone last season, and it's one of the reasons why I am worried that he's actually bad.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

euphronius posted:

I was just answering the guys question lol

Yeah sorry I quoted when I was supposed to edit.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

CyberPingu posted:

Cutler in practice beating our corners who we knew already were pretty bad.

Whats the story here?

Apparently that you're incredibly defensive and angry about Philly going 8-8 this year duh

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Also let me have a moment our entire offense is injured

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

a new study bible! posted:

I'm deeply concerned that Wentz never hit the 3td game milestone last season, and it's one of the reasons why I am worried that he's actually bad.

He will get 30td easy this year if everyone is healthy . I think 40 is also easy

Of course he could also have 20 ints

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

quote:

But perhaps most notably, Johnson said the Eagles would score a big win in the Sept. 10 season opener at Washington.

"Let me tell you what's going to happen in a couple of weeks: This team is going to go down to D.C. and whup some rear end against the Redskins," Johnson wrote. "We're going to surprise some people."
http://www.pennlive.com/philadelphiaeagles/index.ssf/2017/08/lane_johnson_says_philadelphia.html

https://twitter.com/ZachBrown_55/status/900490688223223808

:iceburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I don't know to either be excited or disappointed or anything at all with the extended starter play tonight.

Because who the hell is gonna show their real playbook in a preseason game anyways?

And who is gonna risk injury? Especially vets?

• Locked thread