Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Weirdboyz have enough wounds that they can't die from their first peril. After that it's just gravy.

You have to worry more about the D3 mortal wounds to everything within 6". To grots or boyz it's not that big of a deal, but if you're going be getting +4 to your test you perils on a 8+.

Again, not a big deal for normal Ork units, but something like Meganobz could be risky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!
You must admit, a Weirdboy trying to tellyport some meganobz into da fight, and instead having them being sucked into the warp while he's left standing there with a headache, is Quite Orky.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

It really is.

My preferred thing to do with many of the Ork lists I run is group enough boyz and grots to near guarantee jumping a full unit of Tankbustas with bomb squigs into the opponent's back line.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope Guard players play their games with the Red Alert or C&C soundtrack playing in the background.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Yeah Cawl took a bit of a (entirely justified) hit losing his rerollable FNP.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Me and some IRL buddies were talking about 'army soundtracks' only last night.

We settled on the DOOM OST for World Eaters.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I reckon Robotixs from the Dune 2000 OST would be perfect for AdMech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ0xqDo1idQ

Irate Tree fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Aug 23, 2017

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap6QaDBZJwM

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Geoff Zahn posted:

Despite being a millennial I've never bought an e-book before in my life so I had no idea they were something other than a PDF haha. Guess I'll stick to the printed version if GW's are a pain to use and from there take pics of the pages if I want something to view on my tablet.

The ebooks are alright as long as you have either a decent tablet or don't mind looking at them on your PC. If you're savvy, you can grab screenshots and roll your own PDF, but that's probably veering into :filez: so I won't go into more detail.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
The ibook versions on an ipad are great with all the point costs linked in the datasheets, rules linked, etc. Way more convenient than the books and much better than the lovely epub versions.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
So I'm seriously considering picking up Warhammer Quest Silver Tower and the Start Collecting Tzeentch set so I can start a Tzeentch army. I see that there's a Tzeentch battletome but what about rules for Tzeentch in Warhammer 40k 8th edition? Will they eventually release a Tzeentch codex?

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Rhaegar posted:

So I'm seriously considering picking up Warhammer Quest Silver Tower and the Start Collecting Tzeentch set so I can start a Tzeentch army. I see that there's a Tzeentch battletome but what about rules for Tzeentch in Warhammer 40k 8th edition? Will they eventually release a Tzeentch codex?

Yes, eventually, though they have not said when. You can run a Tzeentch army right now with the chaos index.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
With the Ynnari angle what are the odds Eldar and Dark Eldar get a combined Aeldari codex?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Rhaegar posted:

My favorite model out of silver tower is the mini Lord of Change. He is adorable.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Rhaegar posted:

Tzeench isn't getting their own book in the near future and recently lost a ton of spells going from 7th-8th but AFAIK are still in a very good place. The end of 7th gave them some incredibly good new toys in a revamped Lord of Change and Magnus the Red. The latter has no AoS rules but likely no one would bat an eye if you wanted to call him a Lord of Change or Daemon Prince in AoS.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Deified Data posted:

With the Ynnari angle what are the odds Eldar and Dark Eldar get a combined Aeldari codex?

I don't think they will, the eldar alone already almost have index xenos 1 to themselves. That's a massive amount of units.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Deified Data posted:

Zero. Why sell 1 book when you can sell 3?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Corrode posted:

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

bonds0097 posted:

The ibook versions on an ipad are great with all the point costs linked in the datasheets, rules linked, etc. Way more convenient than the books and much better than the lovely epub versions.

The iBook versions look good, but they don't translate well to the physical versions. If someone tells you to look at a rule on page 54, it's often times a pain to do so, especially since a lot of stuff is in pop-up windows. iBooks are also a real pain to convert to PDF, assuming you want to do that for your own personal use.

Oh, yeah, and you have to own an overpriced Apple product. gently caress iTunes.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Deified Data posted:

Seems more likely the Ynnari will be combined with the Harlequins in one codex, and the Craftworld Eldar and Dark Eldar will each get their own books.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

berzerkmonkey posted:

Oh, yeah, and you have to own an overpriced Apple product. gently caress iTunes.

lol if you actually own an android phone

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

panascope posted:

lol if you actually own an android phone

lol if you don't own a Huawei phone

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
lol if you think you need to use iTunes at all with an iOS device in tyool 2017.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
just lol if you actually buy GW rulebooks

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

just lol if you don't make up rules rumors and send them to spiky bits and then browbeat your opponents into letting you use them.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

raverrn posted:

just lol if you don't make up rules rumors and send them to spiky bits and then browbeat your opponents into letting you use them.

This is the day you truly become a ham

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

raverrn posted:

Lol if you're straight and play with space barbies.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Corrode posted:

Sell more Marines/CSM books and scrunch the less profitable factions together to keep a tighter schedule? Like I want my DE to get their own codex but Ynnari feels very AoS "all the elves put aside their differences" to me, lore-wise. Then they'd just have the one faction to support going forward which might save money elsewhere? Don't listen to me I have no clue what I'm talking about.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Deified Data posted:

Sell more Marines/CSM books and scrunch the less profitable factions together to keep a tighter schedule? Like I want my DE to get their own codex but Ynnari feels very AoS "all the elves put aside their differences" to me, lore-wise. Then they'd just have the one faction to support going forward which might save money elsewhere? Don't listen to me I have no clue what I'm talking about.

From a fluff/organizational perspective you're right, but there's just too many eldar and DE units to fit them all in one book on top of the harlequins and the few Ynnari-only units.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Floppychop posted:

You have to worry more about the D3 mortal wounds to everything within 6". To grots or boyz it's not that big of a deal, but if you're going be getting +4 to your test you perils on a 8+.

Again, not a big deal for normal Ork units, but something like Meganobz could be risky.

That only happens if the Weirdboy is killed, which cannot happen the first time he rolls a Peril. So you send the Meganobz first.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

JoshTheStampede posted:

From a fluff/organizational perspective you're right, but there's just too many eldar and DE units to fit them all in one book on top of the harlequins and the few Ynnari-only units.

I'd absolutely love to see some more Ynnari-unique units. Maybe some weirdo variants on Wraithlords/guards or crazy suicide Space Elves.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
The other thing I have been wondering: Where do Chaos Knights go? If Imperial Knights don't get their own codex, and go in AdMech, and Knights aren't in CSM and won't be in Demons, they either have to make a Traitor Guard/Renegades & Heretics real codex or relegate chaos Knights to only FW books.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Maybe Dark Mechanicum will be one of the upcoming releases.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/23/rumour-engine-august-23rd-2017/

Please be a Big Shoota.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That's totally going to be a Goliath's shotgun in Necromunda.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

New Uriah Jacobus model, plastic sisters confirmed.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo. It's arrived.

Lmao at my tiny light box.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
I feel like with the pretty good female models gw is putting out, plastic sisters are likely... But maybe that is just hope against evidence.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Safety Factor posted:

That's totally going to be a Goliath's shotgun in Necromunda.

Totally agree with a NM shotgun. You're probably right about it being Goliath, but Escher had shotguns too:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

As did Cawdor (god I hope the Cawdor models are good)