Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
This is the girl who described everything as "Dreamy", whose husband is So Sleepy and just wants to go to sleep.

Franchescanado fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Aug 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
id really like a web miniseries of audry and charley in the same vein as Rabbits

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Baloogan posted:

id really like a web miniseries of audry and charley in the same vein as Rabbits

This, but Itchy and Scratchy

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001

remusclaw posted:

On the question of whether "The Missing Pieces" are in continuity or not, I am prone to believe that they are, if only for the fact that the name implies something more than "deleted scenes" would.

The Missing Pieces begins with onscreen text that says something to the effect of "What you are about to see are deleted and alternate scenes from Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me."

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

Annie was mentioned explicitly by name in part 7 and Laura also wrote her message in her diary

Hmmm, I forgot about her being mentioned by Hawk. Her message being in the diary can easily be explained away by lodge weirdness, but not Hawk remembering her. I will say it is strange that he doesn't mention to Sheriff Truman that Annie is Norma's sister since he presumably doesn't know who Annie is but undoubtedly knows who Norma is.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Tbh I forget that Annie is Norma's sister most of the time.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Aren't they cousins?

e: oh weird, they are sisters. idk why I was thinking cousins. Probably because Heather Graham is five years younger than even Sherilyn Fenn, let alone the gap between her and Lipton

esperterra fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Aug 23, 2017

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Serious question: How would everyone feel if, during the events of the final episode, the outcome is that everything from the past 25 years is "fixed". Laura's still dead, but Coop exits the Waiting Room moments after he enters it chasing Wyndom Earle. Booper never happened, basically, or something similar.

The chances of this happening are almost non-existent, I'm just curious as to who would be outraged and who would roll with it.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Franchescanado posted:

Serious question: How would everyone feel if, during the events of the final episode, the outcome is that everything from the past 25 years is "fixed". Laura's still dead, but Coop exits the Waiting Room moments after he enters it chasing Wyndom Earle. Booper never happened, basically, or something similar.

The chances of this happening are almost non-existent, I'm just curious as to who would be outraged and who would roll with it.

That would be bad

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I'll roll with whatever Lynch wants to go with as long as it's well executed, but that would feel kind of cheap.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Yeah, that would feel kind of lame to me. But, like most things in the show, as long as there is cool poo poo to look at and creepy sounds, I'm pretty accepting of it.

At this point, I almost can't picture anything being resolved. It's not that I think it won't, but it's been such a pattern of "Set something up -> Don't hear about it for 6 episodes" that I'm basically trained to expect no resolution.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

We aren't going to get the good ending. Cooper pursued Earl rather than letting the room deal with him. Evil Coop has the ring. We also blew past the time limit. All around this play-through has been a complete boondoggle. We'll be lucky to get the Dougie ending.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

remusclaw posted:

We aren't going to get the good ending. Cooper pursued Earl rather than letting the room deal with him. Evil Coop has the ring. We also blew past the time limit. All around this play-through has been a complete boondoggle. We'll be lucky to get the Dougie ending.

Good use of the word boondoggle.

I'd be fine with Coop staying Dougie.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Margaret's last words haunt me and probably will for a long time.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i think coops gonna stay dougie but still loving own and win but there will be a huge downer ending like TP S2

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
We'll get to see the heart of the lodge and it'll be a shiba inu at a control panel.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I'd be fine with Coop staying Dougie.
It would be bittersweet but this is what I expect to happen.

Also I kind of expect Mr. C to somehow go out in some relatively understated way, like Anton Chigurh or something.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I've been trying to figure out how Lynch is going to gently caress with Ed's happiness. My current guess is that Norma gets hit by a truck driven by Nadine and then Ed gets trapped in wood together with Nadine until the end of time. Seriously, anyone who thinks Ed's happiness is going to be allowed to stand hasn't been watching this show. I mean, within the space of five minutes he went from being super depressed and resigned to an unhappy life to suddenly getting everything he ever wanted. That doesn't happen in Twin Peaks.

Coop's behavior (before shocking himself) in this episode made me sad. He looked down, ate a bite of cake, pressed a random button on the TV remote, looked down, ate a bite of cake, looked up, looked very confused that the TV wasn't on, and repeated the process until he finally mashed the correct button. Watching him not be able to figure out the remote just made me :(

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Magic Hate Ball posted:

We'll get to see the heart of the lodge and it'll be a shiba inu at a control panel.

I would be fine with this.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Magic Hate Ball posted:

If Twin Peaks had a Dog Ending I would be happiest tbqh. It has to have the same music, though.

As it is we're more likely to get a UFO Ending.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Either way, I would love to see David Lynch's take on Silent Hill 2.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

...! posted:

I've been trying to figure out how Lynch is going to gently caress with Ed's happiness. My current guess is that Norma gets hit by a truck driven by Nadine and then Ed gets trapped in wood together with Nadine until the end of time. Seriously, anyone who thinks Ed's happiness is going to be allowed to stand hasn't been watching this show. I mean, within the space of five minutes he went from being super depressed and resigned to an unhappy life to suddenly getting everything he ever wanted. That doesn't happen in Twin Peaks.

Coop's behavior (before shocking himself) in this episode made me sad. He looked down, ate a bite of cake, pressed a random button on the TV remote, looked down, ate a bite of cake, looked up, looked very confused that the TV wasn't on, and repeated the process until he finally mashed the correct button. Watching him not be able to figure out the remote just made me :(

I disagree. I think Ed and Norma getting together shows that good things can still happen and people can still find love even in the most dire surroundings or situations. If you want to go the meta-narrative route, it felt like Frost/Lynch telling the audience "Trust us, you're going to be happy by the end of this."

Also, Coop's behavior seemed way better than normal. He moved the salt and pepper shaker around to be evenly spaced, each bite of cake seemed to give him more faculty of his actions and problem-solving the remote to get it to turn on until it did, then actually watched the movie, heard and recognized Gordon Cole's name, and then problem-solved the fork and the outlet. All without a Lodge laser pointer guiding him.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

A David Lynch version of a Silent Hill adaptation would be amazing, but 2 especially, with the focus more on James' deteriorating/hosed up psyche and less the cult storyline.

I would kill for proper adaptations of 1 and 3, though. As surprisingly good as the first movie was, it could have been sooooo much better.

I would also kill for Lynch to adapt Utena, but only the movie. Alas all my dreams shall never come to fruition.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

The more I watch, the more convinced I am becoming that Lynch secretly made a deal for a fourth season at the same time he made the deal for the third and that this season is going to end with a lot of cliffhangers for the current storylines. If that ends up happening, I hope season four takes another three years to make. That would ensure that it's made right, and three years of people speculating would be pretty fun.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

...! posted:

The more I watch, the more convinced I am becoming that Lynch secretly made a deal for a fourth season at the same time he made the deal for the third and that this season is going to end with a lot of cliffhangers for the current storylines. If that ends up happening, I hope season four takes another three years to make. That would ensure that it's made right, and three years of people speculating would be pretty fun.

i really relaly really hope we get TP S4

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I bet something is going to happen to Nadine's shovel, making her relapse and threaten Norma and Ed's happiness. I'm thinking somebody might crash a car into her storefront or something.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

...! posted:

Didn't Lynch supposedly shoot like dozens and dozens of hours of film? Maybe it's already done.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

...! posted:

:same:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Franchescanado posted:

I disagree. I think Ed and Norma getting together shows that good things can still happen and people can still find love even in the most dire surroundings or situations. If you want to go the meta-narrative route, it felt like Frost/Lynch telling the audience "Trust us, you're going to be happy by the end of this."

Also, Coop's behavior seemed way better than normal. He moved the salt and pepper shaker around to be evenly spaced, each bite of cake seemed to give him more faculty of his actions and problem-solving the remote to get it to turn on until it did, then actually watched the movie, heard and recognized Gordon Cole's name, and then problem-solved the fork and the outlet. All without a Lodge laser pointer guiding him.

I could buy that about Ed if it had unfolded slowly over the course of the season rather than within the space of five minutes, especially since we've only seen five minutes of him beforehand in the entire season. The whole thing feels like the audience is being set up for a huge punch in the gut.

I don't think Coop problem solved anything with the remote at all. The button presses seemed completely random and I think it was pure luck that it only took him three tries.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I suspect that Coop was directed to press the buttons by the red room inhabitants, but I don't remember them ever showing Coop react to a signal from them without it being shown on screen.

Also I'm pretty sure that Cooper holding his own face and saying dead was the very first time that you see him put something together on his own.

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Aug 23, 2017

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

esperterra posted:

I would also kill for Lynch to adapt Utena, but only the movie. Alas all my dreams shall never come to fruition.

This would be hilarious, but also disastrous

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

esperterra posted:

A David Lynch version of a Silent Hill adaptation would be amazing, but 2 especially, with the focus more on James' deteriorating/hosed up psyche and less the cult storyline.
Isn't that just Lost Highway?

Silent Hill 2 does own, though I think it works best with Silent Hill 1 as a contrast. I still have to actually play Silent Hill 3 myself...

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Aug 23, 2017

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

3 is my favourite of the games. Amazing main character, probably the most realistic teen in a game, amazing visuals etc. Still looks great to this day imo.

That said it's certainly a different beast than 2. 2 is an incredibly written game and personal story, but I've always been partial to the story of 1/3 and the town itself.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
It's going to end with Cole instructing the camera to zoom back to reveal the film crew and cameras, and telling us that it was never real.

Comedy option: we get a post-credits scene of Lynch in a bathrobe telling us all to go home.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Backup comedy option: "Oh, thanks a lot, your horse stepped on my cat!"

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

The entire show was a dream inside the head of Monica Belluci.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Captain_Person posted:

It's going to end with Cole instructing the camera to zoom back to reveal the film crew and cameras, and telling us that it was never real.

Comedy option: we get a post-credits scene of Lynch in a bathrobe telling us all to go home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agw27HhB4H4

thats a different director

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
:thejoke:

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
why would the ending of twin peaks be lynch directly ripping off another director? that's not a funny joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
anyway, go watch the holy mountain its really funny