Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Metapod posted:

Jewelry store robber Jon Henson

Biggest Baby Face I've ever seen.

John Henson looks like an experiment on what happens if you take a baby and make it nearly 7 feet tall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I think I found the worst Kyrie/IT trade hot take

http://www.theroot.com/lebron-james-destruction-of-the-cleveland-cavaliers-is-1798330785

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Good Work You Get An HIV posted:

As a Boston fan, I'm okay with this trade.

Call me crazy but I think Brooklyn will do better than last year if healthy.

They're going to be better but it's still probably a top five pick and apparently the top of this draft is supposed to be super good?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

IcePhoenix posted:

They're going to be better but it's still probably a top five pick and apparently the top of this draft is supposed to be super good?

That's every single year though

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Before this, it was hard to believe how badly Lebron had bungled his destruction of the Cavs by accidentally bringing a title to Cleveland.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cool Buff Man posted:

That's every single year though

Fair but I heard that this one is super good-er

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

IcePhoenix posted:

Fair but I heard that this one is super good-er

Now I have to root for the Lakers to be bad but not too bad. What a weird year

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

zoux posted:

Before this, it was hard to believe how badly Lebron had bungled his destruction of the Cavs by accidentally bringing a title to Cleveland.

Brings a title, is literally too good and thus drives teammates off

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Bagley and MPJ are legit. Idk about everyone else. Collin Sexton is probably going to be amazing in college. Doncic might be good, but he seems too slow to be good.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Brolander posted:

Brings a title, is literally too good and thus drives teammates off

Diabolical!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

straight up brolic posted:

Bagley and MPJ are legit. Idk about everyone else. Collin Sexton is probably going to be amazing in college. Doncic might be good, but he seems too slow to be good.

Doncic is weird, because there are a tooon of people who's opinions on the NBA and the draft I respect immensely who loving swear by that dude.

And I watch him and just don't see the star potential at all.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dexo posted:

Doncic is weird, because there are a tooon of people who's opinions on the NBA and the draft I respect immensely who loving swear by that dude.

Always trust yourself, as I did with Kris Dunn.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The Destruction of the Cavaliers by the Coward Lebron James

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

IcePhoenix posted:

Always trust yourself, as I did with Kris Dunn.

I definitely give you credit for that, you were distraught by the Dunn pick since day one

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
This draft has Bol Bol and its going to be a dogfight to get him

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

It's insane how overrated Kyrie Irving is by the NBA community. He's a worse version of Dame Lillard and IT.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Nah he's probably about properly rated. I'd say.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Kevin Pelton's projections — which, as far as those things go, are OK — really hated the trade for Boston. (Insider only.)

quote:

In RPM's estimation, Boston should get much worse production in place of Crowder. The Celtics were relatively ineffective with Brown on the court last season -- his minus-2.2 on-court net rating was worst among Boston regulars -- while most rookies do little to help their teams win, even ones as highly regarded as Tatum. As a result, Boston's RPM projection tumbles from 49.4 wins on average before the trade to 43.8, putting the Celtics fifth in the Eastern Conference. (Note that these projections haven't yet been adjusted for schedule, though that doesn't make a significant difference comparing within the East.)

Having added Crowder, the Cavaliers are suddenly flush with wing options. I've got Iman Shumpert as the odd man out of the rotation for the most part, though. JR Smith also sees less playing time and Crowder gets far fewer minutes than he was projected for in Boston (30 minutes per game).

Still, siphoning minutes from those Cleveland incumbents to Crowder improves the team's RPM projection from 49.2 wins -- nearly even with but just behind the Celtics before the trade -- to 53.7, tops in the East and within striking distance of the Houston Rockets (55.1) for the second-best projection in the league behind the Golden State Warriors.

RPM absolutely loves Crowder, though

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

The Destruction of the Cavaliers by the Coward Lebron James

LeBron comes back, solidifies his legend by winning a title for himself in one of the best finals of all time while forcing Gilbert to spend a zillion dollars in luxury tax then torpedoes the team on the way back out. Diabolical.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/NESN/status/900412235922763776

LET THE HIT PIECES BEGIN

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Both of these players have been a lot of fun to watch, and I hope they both continue that on their new teams.

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
IT2 is the best player in the trade .234 ws/48 last season
Kyrie's .170 closer to Crowder .137

Cavs would have won the trade even without Zizic and the unprotected Nets pick :laugh:

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Man I just really had fun watching him play and I'm not looking forward to hearing all of the stupid poo poo people are going to say to console themselves. He was great and played hard and I wish him well

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

straight up brolic posted:

It's insane how overrated Kyrie Irving is by the NBA community. He's a worse version of Dame Lillard and IT.

He's Brandon Knight with better handles and a beard

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

LeBron James is just a bigger Evan Turner TBH.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Paul Zuvella posted:

Let it be known that I understand that his is a nationwide issue, Boston just seems to be an extremely toxic case. I really don't know why. Maybe because it is was a hub for Irish and Italian migrants in the late 19th/earliest 20th century who were similarly discriminated against and they are simply kicking the can down the line? There are probably ton's of studies on the exact reasons why.

There was a particular vicious bussing fight 40 years ago

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/paulxt/status/900421484119605248

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

ragle posted:

IT2 is the best player in the trade .234 ws/48 last season
Kyrie's .170 closer to Crowder .137

Cavs would have won the trade even without Zizic and the unprotected Nets pick :laugh:

If you are going to roll this comparison, you should roll it for their Playoffs Advanced numbers.

I can spoil the result for you though if you want.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah Kyrie is a playoff weapon.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Libertine posted:

If you are going to roll this comparison, you should roll it for their Playoffs Advanced numbers.

I can spoil the result for you though if you want.

That would be useless so why would he do that.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/cavs/status/900372310472904705

This is weird.

Gonna own when Earl and J. Chowdah become best buds though

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

zoux posted:

Folks, everywhere is racist.

Yah. As if it's less racist in Ohio or Maine

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Cool Buff Man posted:

Man I just really had fun watching him play and I'm not looking forward to hearing all of the stupid poo poo people are going to say to console themselves. He was great and played hard and I wish him well

A good fan.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dexo posted:

I am not gonna pretend I have actually seen him play but he's been super productive and efficient for someone that young playing against the level of competition he has. He was getting regular euroleague and ACB minutes at like 16

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Dexo posted:

LeBron James is just a bigger Evan Turner TBH.

A rich - man's Tyreke Evans.

Good Work You Get An HIV
Feb 22, 2016

Cool Buff Man posted:

I loved his story. I think this is a bullshit spin I feel like the team did like IT a lot, Jaylen Brown's twitter bio is from a IT tweet.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

AggressivelyStupid posted:

https://twitter.com/cavs/status/900372310472904705

This is weird.

Gonna own when Earl and J. Chowdah become best buds though

Good first step but now they need to sign actual Zisek because the league needs critical theory.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

zoux posted:

Good first step but now they need to sign actual Zisek because the league needs critical theory.

Protecting the rim, deterrence by slobber

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

big boi posted:

Protecting the rim, deterrence by slobber

Dunking is vulgar etcetera etcetera and so on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cleveland not trying at all in regular season fucks up stats majorly.

• Locked thread