Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Every gang had shotguns, they were one of the cheapest basic weapons. The rivets and plates are very Goliath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Zuul the Cat posted:

Oh poo poo. It's arrived.

Lmao at my tiny light box.

:eyepop:

How is this not getting more posts?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Zuul the Cat posted:

Oh poo poo. It's arrived.

Lmao at my tiny light box.

This Is Awesome

Painting up my Eschers in anticipation of the new edition + their aforementioned use as Conscripts. a) I'd forgotten what cool, characterful models these were and b) an Escher juve next to Inquisitor Greyfax is hilarious given they're both female models supposedly in the same scale.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Felime posted:

I feel like with the pretty good female models gw is putting out, plastic sisters are likely... But maybe that is just hope against evidence.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

BULBASAUR posted:

How is this not getting more posts?

It's impressive but it sounds like it's not his own paint job?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

So?

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

LingcodKilla posted:

It isn't. A painting service did a giveaway for it.

But it's still rad as gently caress.

Waiting on my Talons of the Emperor set to arrive, along with some Sisters of Silence bits i ordered off Shapeways.

I don't think i'm going to be able to replicate that color of gold, but we'll see what I can do. I grabbed the Legio Custodes transfer sheet from Forgeworld as well, so I can add some stuff do the Land Raider & two Contemptor Dreadnoughts I grabbed.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Zuul the Cat posted:

Waiting on my Talons of the Emperor set to arrive, along with some Sisters of Silence bits i ordered off Shapeways.

I don't think i'm going to be able to replicate that color of gold, but we'll see what I can do. I grabbed the Legio Custodes transfer sheet from Forgeworld as well, so I can add some stuff do the Land Raider & two Contemptor Dreadnoughts I grabbed.

Lordy did you win a raffle for painting a model then send them a titan?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

LingcodKilla posted:

Lordy did you win a raffle for painting a model then send them a titan?

No he won a raffle for a painted titan.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Zuul the Cat posted:

Speaking of custodes, I don't know if you've seen these https://imgur.com/gallery/mSzAF

I really like the black base + gold filigree on the telemon dread

Making me want to add some custodes to my army, though it's frustrating that all the cool dreads are 30k only and I can only transport them in a lascannon land raider.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

JoshTheStampede posted:

No he won a raffle for a painted titan.

Well that's even better.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It's a Knight Warden, not a titan. Good lord I wish it was a Titan. haha. But yeah, the dude who runs Black Label Painting did a giveaway for a completely assembled and painted Knight. All you had to pay was shipping if you won. He mentioned doing another one in the future, so check him out on Facebook if you're interested.

Booley posted:

Speaking of custodes, I don't know if you've seen these https://imgur.com/gallery/mSzAF

I really like the black base + gold filigree on the telemon dread

Making me want to add some custodes to my army, though it's frustrating that all the cool dreads are 30k only and I can only transport them in a lascannon land raider.

These look really good. Yeah, i think I'm going to be getting a forgeworld gift card for my 31st birthday next month, and i'm really unsure about what to get with it. I wanted some Custodes stuff, but you can't use it in 40k. So maybe some of the Empire Command stuff for WFB to use as Crusaders for my Inquisitor.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
I've been charging hard into Tyranids, but haven't properly painted up enough of my Cult, so I'm swinging back harder that way. Probably going to get cracking on another Primus and some Aberrants he can lead into smashing the poo poo out of enemy vehicles from Cult Ambush :getin:

But first I have OOE and four other Carnifexes to finish.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Did you guys know that game store hams get real mad when you contradict the way they thought the rules worked with the way they actually work? loving shocking.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
So I've been painting my Primaris boys

These are all my own work (not what my mother is painting for sale) and I am a terrible painter but I am making an effort to learn

I think the color scheme is a little basic but it's my very first and I'd love to hear some input on how I can make it not suck

This image has a 50% chance of the sarge's head being cropped out and used to mock me because I am afraid of painting faces/heads

I'm running these boys as an Iron Hands successor chapter and I'm calling them the Sons of Chrome and their chapter master (who I'm using the Primaris captain for) is going to be named Metallicus

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

PantsOptional posted:

Did you guys know that game store hams get real mad when you contradict the way they thought the rules worked with the way they actually work? loving shocking.

It's not just hams. I had a owner of a store lose his poo poo on me because he hovers over games and keeps saying blatently wrong rules. I called him out on it once too many times.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Zuul the Cat posted:

You should ask the painting service what colors/ method they used and tell them you're trying to roughly match your custodes. I doubt they'd refuse to share.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

goose willis posted:

So I've been painting my Primaris boys

These are all my own work (not what my mother is painting for sale) and I am a terrible painter but I am making an effort to learn

I think the color scheme is a little basic but it's my very first and I'd love to hear some input on how I can make it not suck

This image has a 50% chance of the sarge's head being cropped out and used to mock me because I am afraid of painting faces/heads

I'm running these boys as an Iron Hands successor chapter and I'm calling them the Sons of Chrome and their chapter master (who I'm using the Primaris captain for) is going to be named Metallicus

This doesn't look that bad, and for first time painting it's pretty good! For faces, commit to painting the eyes or leave them helmed. Yeah your first couple dudes are gonna need eyepatches to correct their debilitating lazy eyes but it gets easier.

With all that bare chrome, you'll want to start breaking up the unpainted surfaces with things like painted knee pads and trim pieces. Doing a simple build up to red or yellow will add good depth, particularly on the knees. Weather them too, use Abaddon Black, Leadbelcher, and Ryza Rust to add some character. You could also try hazard striping where appropriate if you want to buy some masking tape.

When you paint your bases, lightly dry brush a bit of that paint on to the feet and shins of your toys to tie them together. A rusty red base would look suuuuuuuper bitchin.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Apparently Ninja Division is making a card game for Games Workshop? You know, the company known for poo poo rules, drama, and a card game where you are a tentacle monster kidnapping school girls.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

panascope posted:

This doesn't look that bad, and for first time painting it's pretty good! For faces, commit to painting the eyes or leave them helmed. Yeah your first couple dudes are gonna need eyepatches to correct their debilitating lazy eyes but it gets easier.

With all that bare chrome, you'll want to start breaking up the unpainted surfaces with things like painted knee pads and trim pieces. Doing a simple build up to red or yellow will add good depth, particularly on the knees. Weather them too, use Abaddon Black, Leadbelcher, and Ryza Rust to add some character. You could also try hazard striping where appropriate if you want to buy some masking tape.

When you paint your bases, lightly dry brush a bit of that paint on to the feet and shins of your toys to tie them together. A rusty red base would look suuuuuuuper bitchin.

Thanks dude! By the way, these are all the Dark Imperium boys, but once they release some multi-part kits I guess I'll stick to helmeted because I think all-helmets looks cooler.

Are my colors similar to any existing chapters? I hope I didn't accidentally paint like Space Monsters or Mega Lords or Smash Fuckers

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

You're sort of close to Iron Warriors.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Floppychop posted:

It's not just hams. I had a owner of a store lose his poo poo on me because he hovers over games and keeps saying blatently wrong rules. I called him out on it once too many times.

The sheer number of hams that circle the table and provide incorrect rulings or unsolicited advice...

Lemme run this one by the thread, because I want to see your take on the situation: Let's say that a unit of Tactical Marines gets successfully charged by a squad of Cultists and a Chaos Lord. (Just making up example units for the sake of this question, not indicative of actual units on the board.) The Cultists activate first and wipe out all but one of the Marines. The Marines player takes the losses from the front of the fight, leaving a gap of about 2.5 inches between the Marine and the Lord. Is the Lord then a valid unit to activate next?

My reading of it is that step 1 of the Fight phase says that "Any unit that has charged or is within 1" of an enemy unit can be chosen to fight in the Fight phase" and the Pile In and target selection don't occur until after that step, and so the Lord would then activate, Pile In, and murder to his dark hearts' content.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

PantsOptional posted:

The sheer number of hams that circle the table and provide incorrect rulings or unsolicited advice...

Lemme run this one by the thread, because I want to see your take on the situation: Let's say that a unit of Tactical Marines gets successfully charged by a squad of Cultists and a Chaos Lord. (Just making up example units for the sake of this question, not indicative of actual units on the board.) The Cultists activate first and wipe out all but one of the Marines. The Marines player takes the losses from the front of the fight, leaving a gap of about 2.5 inches between the Marine and the Lord. Is the Lord then a valid unit to activate next?

My reading of it is that step 1 of the Fight phase says that "Any unit that has charged or is within 1" of an enemy unit can be chosen to fight in the Fight phase" and the Pile In and target selection don't occur until after that step, and so the Lord would then activate, Pile In, and murder to his dark hearts' content.

If the Marines player is dumb enough to do that to himself (remove casualties in a way that means he can't fight), I believe that logic works.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

PantsOptional posted:

Oh god, are you actually me? We had this exact same discussion shouting match the other night with one of our cheatiest players trying to pull that kind of casualty removal shenanigans and getting super pissy at being called out, and a couple of times when Sigmar first came out.

Your interpretation is the correct one, as long as a unit is within 1" at the beginning of combat, they get their pile in and fight. It's logical from both a gameplay flow and narrative sense.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
The lord can pile in and fight because he charged. If you didn't charge this turn you can absolutely get locked out by casualty removal.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

See, that's what I thought, and that's how eventually it ended up going, but god-drat if that dude wasn't salty as gently caress because his bullshit move failed. Glad to see I'm not taking crazy pills here.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

LordAba posted:

Apparently Ninja Division is making a card game for Games Workshop? You know, the company known for poo poo rules, drama, and a card game where you are a tentacle monster kidnapping school girls.

So we can look forward to a kickstarter with 'exclusives' which will be put on general release later, expansion packs deliberately geared towards forcing backers to spend more money, and a general lack of support until a few years later when they make a second edition with an entirely revamped miniature line.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

But enough about Games Workshop

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Apparently since flier spam was fixed the new hot bullshit list at tournaments was character spam, someone ran Guilliman, celestine, draigo, a librarian, 6 culexus, 3 eversors, 2 vindicares and 5 heavy bolter sisters and abused the poo poo out of being able to screen characters with other characters.

Hopefully they'll jump on this like they did fliers since it's an easy fix, just change it to closest non character unit rather than closest unit.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/23/black-library-readers-choice-the-resultsgw-homepage-post-4/

Fuuuuuuck. No Space Marine reprint. :(

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

panascope posted:

You're sort of close to Iron Warriors.

Maybe he should count them as Iron Hands?

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

adamantium|wang posted:

As the brilliant poet said elsewhere on these forums;

Do not be fooled by the stripes upon my mans
though they may look like Iron Warriors
they count as Iron Hands

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Ah well. At least Drachenfels won the Fantasy vote!

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

adamantium|wang posted:

Shurely Ultramarines?

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
If I have a Techpriest Dominus and Belasarius Cawl standing within 6" of a unit, do they get to re-roll ones and re-roll misses? (And if I have the canticle up that lets you re-roll ones, do I get to do it twice?)

If so, what's the best order to do that in? If not, gently caress.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

!Klams posted:

If I have a Techpriest Dominus and Belasarius Cawl standing within 6" of a unit, do they get to re-roll ones and re-roll misses? (And if I have the canticle up that lets you re-roll ones, do I get to do it twice?)

You can never, ever, re-roll a dice more than once.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Broken Record Talk posted:

You can never, ever, re-roll a dice more than once.

Never.... ever?

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

!Klams posted:

You can only ever re-roll a dice once - check the top left of the Psychic Phase page in the main rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

xtothez posted:

You can only ever re-roll a dice once - check the top left of the Psychic Phase page in the main rules.

Oh I don't have a rulebook, I've played 4 games but I've only just found out what cover saves actually do. I play at a store that has an Admech (sorry, Imperial 2) codex I can use and then the other players just tell me the rules. I'm 100% fine with this because the game is really fun, but total bullshit, to the point rules hardly matter. This isn't a criticism.