Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

enraged_camel posted:

- What ascendancy skills should I go for next? I thought about Aspect of Carnage but taking 10% more damage seems a bit risky. Is the 40% damage increase additive or multiplicative?

nobody reads my posts :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I like to put my golem on a the cwdt 4-link, outside of a few edge cases. But I'm insanely lazy.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Mover posted:

I like to put my golem on a the cwdt 4-link, outside of a few edge cases. But I'm insanely lazy.

Me too. If I have the slots I like to run one high level CWDT with golem and something that cares like molten shell and a low level one with immortal call.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

enraged_camel posted:

So CwDT can trigger more than one skill? Cool

Yes.

For example right now I have a 6L CWDT - Inc Duration - Immortal Call - Warlord's Mark - Lightning Golem - Bladefall set-up. First three for obvious reasons and golem so I don't have to keep manually recasting it. Warlord's Mark for some emergency leech while I was leveling/gearing up, should probably replace it with Molten Shell now that anything dangerous is gonna trigger Cloaked in Savagery though. And Bladefall for the extremely fast leech if I take a big hit.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Thanks for the replies everybody. Gonna have to swap some gear around tonight, my resists are complete dogshit at the moment.

I did learn a recipe to make prismatic rings though, so maybe I will upgrade some jewelry and feel a bit better about my survivability.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Deformed Church posted:

What might be a good sixth link for cyclone? Right now I've got melee phys, added fire, faster attacks and chance to bleed. I've liquidated a bunch of garbage so I'm ready to upgrade to a 6L and I'm not really sure what to add. I'm not actually sure about bleed either so if there's a better option I'm all ears - the added phys damage is kind of nice and it's got neat synergy with the Kondo's Pride I'm using right now but there's probably more I can squeeze out of that slot, particularly since I assume there's probably better options than Kondo's even with that buff.

Increased AoE for clearing / Conc effect for bosses, maybe?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

NofrikinfuN posted:

Thanks for the replies everybody. Gonna have to swap some gear around tonight, my resists are complete dogshit at the moment.

I did learn a recipe to make prismatic rings though, so maybe I will upgrade some jewelry and feel a bit better about my survivability.

I ran into the resistance problem and I found I had better luck trying to get the missing resistance as a mod on a two stone ring instead. Higher overall resistances and you don't have to find two other rings to do it.

Control Volume fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Aug 23, 2017

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
I've got a few wander questions for after I hit 90 on my Ngamahu Cyclone guy:

- Is Assassin at all viable compared to Raider/Pathfinder?
- If I bought Wise Oak/Taste of Hate/Dying Sun for the Pathfinder version, would I be starved for cleanse flasks if I didn't run LL/CI? Is that combination of flasks even ideal? I'm guessing for clearing I'd want at least a Diamond and Quicksilver with bleed and either freeze or curse removal.
- Is Raider better if I just want to go as fast as possible?

Nova Odin
Jul 13, 2014

whypick1 posted:

Bring back the old ranger VO :smith:

I prefer old Ranger and Nessa voices.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Can I get a invite to the guild on Forge_SA

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Mover posted:

I did the same recently, and also bought a red dream so that I don't have to cast enduring cry to build charges.

I'm still debating dropping some life nodes to get a green dream so that I don't need to cast blood rage for frenzy charges, but that's probably going a little too far

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Count Uvula posted:

There's no actual penalties for partying, though each player only adds 50% more loot drops so you'll get less per person per map (which is not really a penalty if you're friends and sharing loot that's valuable to eachother). The real reason people don't party together in the goon guild is we're all antisocial fucks, and most of the people in the guild who do party play with their friends from outside the guild.

Thanks to everyone on the info. What I also hear is that it's not only much faster to clear maps solo, POE frame rate really tends to bog down with multiple people and big fights. Many builds don't work well in parties and a lot of melee chars just wind up following and watching stuff blow up to AOEs. Apparently public map parties have just about dropped out of existence thanks to this. And I guess there's little incentive for goons to group since it doesn't really aid the guild or the common good.

Lprsti99 posted:

Are you the one I gave the Apex set to?

E: also post your build, people will give you good advice.

Yes, sweet sweet horrible death. I know I can make it past that second boss! What happens in a party when someone dies, do you lose a portal for each party member death? The best thing that came out of that adventure was the advice to always drop a portal outside the boss room.

Was also one of the things that made me wonder why people weren't grouping more when clearly there are some cool goons in the guild. Someaxename_and_Morty also helped me with merciless lab and gave some good advice as well as selling me a levelling axe on the cheap.

Here is my Dark Pact Angryman right now at 76: https://pastebin.com/cHsx4QZJ
I am going to get a few more jewels then the scion life wheel (I guess when I get to it it will appear) then Throatseeker. I am using this build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1944675/page/1 - the best part about it is soon as I started using it the guy rewrote it 5 times, eventually changing it from a budget clearing build to a hardcore build with about 2500c in gear. Ask me about my reset points!

I'm happy with my gear (spent maybe 80c total, a lot of it on CARCASS JACK) but I need to upgrade my dagger and maybe shield and I need to either replace my helm or 3-4L it.

I run warlord's mark or assassin's mark (the latest build uses Enfeeble instead, no idea if that's better for me or not) with Haste or Arctic Armor depending on the situation and Blade Vortex on cast on taking damage providing power charges. I generally shield charge into a group and Dark Pact until everything is dead. The latest build added a wither totem so I am trying that in boss fights, lockboxes, harbringers but I don't really know how to use it effectively. I have Flame Dash for escape but I just about forget that I have it.

My biggest issue is knowing which attacks/situations/stuff on the ground I can DP through and what I can't. With Dark Pact / Vaal Pact it's hard to disengage and lose the leech and it's hard for me to gauge the area where I can still be hitting the boss. Generally if something winds up a big blow I get out and then come back in. I have a flask to help with bleed and freeze but I'm really not sure how to optimize my flasks to stay alive and I'm not sure what the tells are when I'm bleeding or frozen or stunned.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Just so I know I'm not crazy, the steam achievements in this game are completely broken, right? I have like six achievements for things I never did.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Araganzar posted:

What happens in a party when someone dies, do you lose a portal for each party member death?

There are 6 portals period, consumed as soon as someone enters. If you have a full 6-player party and someone dies, they're boned (if they just want credit for doing the map they can still get it so long as they don't click one of the respawn buttons).

You can keep spawning an exit portal to your hearts content (although only one will be present), it's only the portals in that are finite.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

NofrikinfuN posted:

Just so I know I'm not crazy, the steam achievements in this game are completely broken, right? I have like six achievements for things I never did.

Some of them were changed but recycled the icons, though looking over the list it looks like they hilariously hosed up the icons as well since poo poo like "Kill Argus" has a picture of Shavronne as its icon.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Well, I'm bad at actually evaluating builds, but one thing I notice right off is you are waaaay overcapped on resists. Elemental Weakness maps only drop your Resistances by 34%, and I don't think there's anything else that will drop them other than monsters that cast individual curses. Like, you could swap the boots over to something that has high life, movespeed and some lightning res and you'd be in roughly the same spot, but with more life.

E: I just ran a search on poe.trade, and 15c will get you boots with 30% movespeed, 76 life, and enough cold and lightning res to overcap you.

EE: Or do like the guide suggests and pick up a Lioneye's Remorse and a Divinarius. You can get a Lioneye's with +200 total life for 2c, and with your current tree that'll kick you up about 600 health. Likewise, the Divinarius should cost you about 10c for a decently rolled one, and will increase your DPS by about 7k, eyeballing it, and more DPS for you means more healing.

Take all this with a grain of salt though.

Lprsti99 fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Aug 24, 2017

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Are they ever going to add multiplayer?

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I'm doing Warchief and got enough currency to finally afford a Disfavour.

The moment I do it, my friend asks me to link him my chest armor, so we can see what I should buy next. I hand it to him so he tries to put a 5-link in it. It 6 links immediately.

I tripled my DPS in an instant, and I was already doing red maps fairly comfortably.

This build is loving absurdly powerful and easy to play, I recommend it to anyone who's as bad as me.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I corrupted a Tabula Rasa, and all I got was this Corrupted text.

(I've been farming the route with the cards and bourbon said, Vaal it!)

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
First tabula I ever got vaaled into a +1 gems. Haven't had a good one since. Don't worry about it too much.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

I've got a few wander questions for after I hit 90 on my Ngamahu Cyclone guy:

- Is Assassin at all viable compared to Raider/Pathfinder?
- If I bought Wise Oak/Taste of Hate/Dying Sun for the Pathfinder version, would I be starved for cleanse flasks if I didn't run LL/CI? Is that combination of flasks even ideal? I'm guessing for clearing I'd want at least a Diamond and Quicksilver with bleed and either freeze or curse removal.
- Is Raider better if I just want to go as fast as possible?

Assassin is probably viable but not worth it compared to just going fast. You have enough damage. You don't need freeze removal (they're immune to status ailments with a flask up) on pathfinder. Your 2 cleanse flasks would be bleed and curse (if you need it).

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Is there a way to quickly screenshot an item?

I found a level 57 amulet

pre:
+17 int and dex
-----
+31 dex
19% increased armor
3% increased energy shield
14% all resist
44% lightning resist
Worth anything?

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Hit Ctrl+C while mousing over it to copy the item info to clipboard.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
That amulet is a metaphor for this thread.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

is slayer cyclone pretty good? Kinda want to go back to a cycloner and I've never played slayer

denizen
Aug 12, 2003
i am the only denizen
I got some go fast boots

Not really sure how "good" they actually are but they do go fast

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Cyclone got a major buff in 3.0 vs 2.6, gaining melee range as the gem levels. Weapon range behaves like old increases in area radius, scaling quadratically as you get more of it.

And slayer is simply an excellent balance between offence and defence. Slayer cull behaves like a 20% more multiplier, and is hilarious against last phase Izaro who starts out at 33% life and dies at 20% life. And Slayer Onslaught perfectly synergizes with Cyclone, as it benefits simultaneously from attack and movement speed.

Slayer leech is almost as strong as old vaal pact, refilling your life in an instant. And unlike older builds that relied on old vaal pact, you have a huge percentage of damage leeched as life (old non-berserker vaal pact builds tended to leech their health back in chunks). And slayer leech does not preclude regeneration, letting you easily run labyrinth traps. You can often cheese it by killing a few mobs, then using the banked up overleech to run straight through the traps.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Lprsti99 posted:

EE: Or do like the guide suggests and pick up a Lioneye's Remorse and a Divinarius. You can get a Lioneye's with +200 total life for 2c, and with your current tree that'll kick you up about 600 health. Likewise, the Divinarius should cost you about 10c for a decently rolled one, and will increase your DPS by about 7k, eyeballing it, and more DPS for you means more healing.

Wow I had been buying tons of health but I hadn't made connection that I was getting that much health from the base additions. I didn't want to give up the damage add on the shield but I think you're right and I could use some life in the feets area...

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

getting real sick of harbingers in the boss rooms of maps.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

I'm looking at making a wander and I think pathfinder is probably better if I get the rich boy flasks but I was wondering if for a poor guy like me i'd be better going scion for the extra projectile and not getting crushed by reflect.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Araganzar posted:

Wow I had been buying tons of health but I hadn't made connection that I was getting that much health from the base additions. I didn't want to give up the damage add on the shield but I think you're right and I could use some life in the feets area...

I would honestly focus on getting the Lioneye's first and keep your boots for now, Lioneye's doesn't have any resistances on it, so you'll probably have a tough time finding boots that are comparable and have similar life. It might be worth looking for better rings, too. Allres on rings is nice, but the problem with only having allres on them, in my experience, is that it makes it harder to fill your resistances, because you rely in finding either more pieces with great allres, or pieces with 2-3 fantastic individual resistances, on top of whatever else you want, and it limits what you can get for upgrades, as well. Personally (note previous disclaimer re: bad), if I'm getting rings mainly for resistances, I try to get them with either two high res rolls, or one high roll plus a good allres.

As far as losing the damage on the shield, it's completely trivial. Run Uberlab (or get someone to carry you), or hang out in global 820 for trials if you're missing any, and get Aspect of Carnage. If you're not aware, the game makes a distinction between more/less and increased/decreased. The former is multiplicative, the latter additive. So, as an example, if your Dark Pact does 1000 damage base, and you have, say, 80% increased damage to it through your tree, then adding the 20% increased from your shield takes you from 1800 to 2000 damage, which is nothing to sneeze at. However, if it was 20% more damage, then it becomes 1000 * 1.8 * 1.2 = 2160 damage. Aspect of carnage is FORTY PERCENT MORE. It's a gigantic damage increase, and because of those same rules, the 10% increased damage taken isn't nearly so impactful.

Lprsti99 fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Aug 24, 2017

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dreadarc

I was super stoked to get this drop today as a marauder. I'm playing a fire-type build, so I'm just beside myself.
The one I got is a green-->Red-->Blue linked together.
I would much rather have something like red-->red-->red.

Is it worth the risk for me to use some of my orb's to change the links? Or could I screw it up and get something worse than what I started with?
Never used an orb for anything but currency before so I'm not sure what I'm doing really.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

My stash busting collection of garbage tier uniques noone would ever use is building nicely.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Dennis McClaren posted:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dreadarc

I was super stoked to get this drop today as a marauder. I'm playing a fire-type build, so I'm just beside myself.
The one I got is a green-->Red-->Blue linked together.
I would much rather have something like red-->red-->red.

Is it worth the risk for me to use some of my orb's to change the links? Or could I screw it up and get something worse than what I started with?
Never used an orb for anything but currency before so I'm not sure what I'm doing really.

It's a leveling weapon and if it took you more than 5 Chromes to make it RRR I'd be shocked.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you cant ruin it with chromatic orbs. they just change the colors.

3 red should be pretty easy to get on that

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

denizen posted:

I got some go fast boots

Not really sure how "good" they actually are but they do go fast

I used these from like level 20 (or whatever their min level is) until I started doing maps. 35% move speed bonus while leveling is crazy good.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
Sweet thats good news glad I held onto those chromatic orbs.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Ratios and Tendency posted:

My stash busting collection of garbage tier uniques noone would ever use is building nicely.

Yeah, this is a major annoyance. I wish that aspect of the game was more like D3 where the level of monsters determines level of items dropped.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Dennis McClaren posted:

Sweet thats good news glad I held onto those chromatic orbs.

:shobon:

You can also search poe.trade for Dreadarc with 3 linked red sockets - there's lots available for 1 alch, which is about as cheap as you'll find since less than that isn't worth a trip back to trade

You could use one in each hand! Go faster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

enraged_camel posted:

Yeah, this is a major annoyance. I wish that aspect of the game was more like D3 where the level of monsters determines level of items dropped.

They do, but not in that sense. The item level ("ilvl") determines what mods (and what rolls you can get from said mods) an item can get. Normal monsters will drop items ilvl = area level, magic area level + 1, rare/unique level + 2.

For example, a Harbinger Bow is min level 68. If you get it at a level 68 area, the max %increased physical damage roll it can get is 135-154% (Cruel, ilvl 60). At level 84 (which is the max level for all item mods iirc), it can roll 170-179% (Merciless, ilvl 83). Pretty big difference.

It also affects max sockets it can roll, but that maxes out at level 50 and can be overwritten by Vorici anyway.