Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
I mean, I think it's time for us to accept that Chad Henne is an upgrade over Bort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

I'm not willing to bet on a five year old statistic with a different receiver. Matt Schaub was a pro-bowler that year. Things change pretty quick in the NFL.

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
I'm apparently in a draft tonight, on... 3 hours heads up. Beer, what time do your updated sheets go up?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Rick Grimes posted:

I'm apparently in a draft tonight, on... 3 hours heads up. Beer, what time do your updated sheets go up?

6-ish EST. They're processing now.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I drafted for my main league last night. 12 man league, 0 PPR, 4 pt passing TD, 30 return yards/pt

QB: Wilson (7)
RB: David Johnson (1) Marshawn (3) Doug Martin (6) Terrance West (8) Sproles (11) Chris Carson (15)
WR: Doug Baldwin (2) Tyreek (4) Crabtree (5) Decker (10)
TE: Ertz (9)
K: Tucker (12)
Def: Car (13)

I agonized on Marshawn over Crowell. Tyreek seduced me with the return yards and big play ability. I chose Sproles over Jamaal Williams, that may have been dumb in 0 PPR, even with the return yards.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

coronaball posted:

I drafted for my main league last night. 12 man league, 0 PPR, 4 pt passing TD, 30 return yards/pt

RB: David Johnson (1) Marshawn (3) Doug Martin (6) Terrance West (8) Sproles (11) Chris Carson (15)

I agonized on Marshawn over Crowell. Tyreek seduced me with the return yards and big play ability. I chose Sproles over Jamaal Williams, that may have been dumb in 0 PPR, even with the return yards.

I'm taking Crowell over Marshawn everytime and I think Zach Ertz will (once again) be trash this year.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

coronaball posted:

QB: Wilson in the 7th is pretty good. I might have just waited until the end but whatever.
RB: DJ is a given. Not a fan of Lynch that early; I would have preferred a lower risk alternative like Kelce. Martin who knows, West might be trash, Sproles is immortal, and who the gently caress is Chris Carson.
WR: Baldwin should be good, I like Hill so kudos here, gently caress YOU FOR GETTING CRABTREE THAT LATE serious what the gently caress that's some bullshit, Decker is a nice anchor.
TE: Meh. You could have waited even longer probably.
K: Your draft wasn't 12 rounds long so you hosed up this pick.
DST: Your draft wasn't 13 rounds long so you hosed up this pick.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

and who the gently caress is Chris Carson.

Saving this for after Lacy is cut and Rawls and Prosise go down. In fact, they're both banged up already!

I thought I could take some risk with Marshawn and Doug Martin since I have DJ

Normally I'd agree about not taking a K and Defense but my entire sleeper list was gone so I figured I'd just take the value in Tucker and Car vs. SF Week 1.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

I've been taking defenses as early as 13. The "sleepers" (mostly Ted Gin) I pickup just seem to be waiver fodder anyway. Why not take a top 5 defense with a good week 1 matchup? Chances are anyone I want is most likely there anyway.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

My biggest complaint about ESPN is that it forces you to draft a defense and a kicker.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Gearman posted:

My biggest complaint about ESPN is that it forces you to draft a defense and a kicker.

Yeah that's reprehensible. I don't draft on ESPN because that makes no sense.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gearman posted:

Offline draft best draft.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Just saw Derrick Henry in our FA pool. I can drop Smallwood or OJ Howard for him. I'd like to hang onto Howard because of the potential (and Winston seems to like to throw to his TEs) but I also think Tennessee's run game is going to be a monster this year.

Probably just talked myself into it.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Santheb posted:

Just saw Derrick Henry in our FA pool. I can drop Smallwood or OJ Howard for him. I'd like to hang onto Howard because of the potential (and Winston seems to like to throw to his TEs) but I also think Tennessee's run game is going to be a monster this year.

abso-fuckinglutely drop smallwood for him

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Santheb posted:

Drop Howard. Rookie TEs are garbage and there are plenty of replacements. Henry should not be in the pool.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
gently caress it it doesn't matter who you drop just loving flip a coin jesus gently caress why can't my league have that happen and why won't it happen to me.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

gently caress it it doesn't matter who you drop just loving flip a coin jesus gently caress why can't my league have that happen and why won't it happen to me.

Every time I read about one these drops I always check my leagues transactions and get disappointed

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Drop Howard over Smallwood

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

No idea how it happened. I just looked at the board today because the LM finally input the teams from our live draft on Sunday in yesterday and saw him hanging out there. Dropped Smallwood for him.

Hooray!

edit: I already own Freeman/Montgomery/Coleman/McFadden so I just did a RB swap

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gobias Ind. posted:

Drop Howard over Smallwood

Easily!

Santheb posted:

Dropped Smallwood for him.

Oops.

When did you even draft Howard?

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I don't mind taking a top defense a round or two early.

On average, the top 3 defense scored 2.7 more points every week than the 10, 11, and 12th best defenses. That's 2.7 more real, accountable points for your team. That's compared to the 0 points most 13th 14th round players give to your team. They are just warm bodies top drop once some waiver wire stud comes up or half your team is IR'd after 3 weeks (in which case you're doomed anyways).

Top defenses have a higher chance of helping you curb stomp your opponent by putting up 15-20 pts, and a lower chance of getting <1 point.

Sure I could take Tyler Locket or whoever a round before defenses get rushed, but am I ever going to start Tyler Locket? Hell no! I'm going to drop him before bye weeks even start because my waiver priority and a boneheaded move from my opponent gives me the chance at a real player!

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

15th round lol, last pick. It's not too late to add drop Howard for Smallwood, he hasn't hit waivers just yet

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

I'd say buy low. Henne can get the ball up and in the right spot while Bortles can get the ball up but in the wrong spot.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Marshmallow Blue posted:

I don't mind taking a top defense a round or two early.

On average, the top 3 defense scored 2.7 more points every week than the 10, 11, and 12th best defenses. That's 2.7 more real, accountable points for your team. That's compared to the 0 points most 13th 14th round players give to your team. They are just warm bodies top drop once some waiver wire stud comes up or half your team is IR'd after 3 weeks (in which case you're doomed anyways).

Top defenses have a higher chance of helping you curb stomp your opponent by putting up 15-20 pts, and a lower chance of getting <1 point.

Is that the third defense off the board or the #3 at the end of the year?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Honestly if you've already drafted and you still have a kicker and DST on your roster this early in the season then I'm officially declaring you Bad At Fantasy Football.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Ben Nevis posted:

Is that the third defense off the board or the #3 at the end of the year?

End of the year.

But you have a much better shot that your pick , which should be an educated guess will be better off producing actual points for you week in and out than some scrub waiver meat that you will drop before he even sniffs a starting roster spot.

I paid 4$ for Denver defense last year. They were number two or 3 at the end of the year. Paid off more than the other 1$ scrubs i got in the draft.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Marshmallow Blue posted:

End of the year.

But you have a much better shot that your pick , which should be an educated guess will be better off producing actual points for you week in and out than some scrub waiver meat that you will drop before he even sniffs a starting roster spot.

I paid 4$ for Denver defense last year. They were number two or 3 at the end of the year. Paid off more than the other 1$ scrubs i got in the draft.

Yeah, but you could have gotten 3 $2 scrubs instead.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
So I have an open roster spot in my work league. 14 teams, 1 PPR. 6 pt TDs. Who should I pick up?

John Brown
Tyrod Taylor
Cooper Kupp
Jamaal Williams (I am the Ty Montgomery owner)
Marqise Lee
Travis Benjamin

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

coronaball posted:

Lynch over Crowell isn't a good choice.

Who was your mystery 14th round pick? Backup kicker?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

pubic works project posted:

So I have an open roster spot in my work league. 14 teams, 1 PPR. 6 pt TDs. Who should I pick up?

John Brown
Tyrod Taylor
Cooper Kupp
Jamaal Williams (I am the Ty Montgomery owner)
Marqise Lee
Travis Benjamin

1. Jamaal Williams*
2. Kupp
3. Brown**
4. Benjamin
5. Taylor
6. Lee

*only as a the Ty owner

**might change by the time I hit submit on this post

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Is that the 14 teamer where you're starting Wentz?

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Ben Nevis posted:

Yeah, but you could have gotten 3 $2 scrubs instead.

Theres only one roster spot. And all those two dollar scrubs are just that. Scrubs who wont help my team average 2.7 more points per game week in and week out.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Alfalfa posted:

Lynch over Crowell isn't a good choice.

Who was your mystery 14th round pick? Backup kicker?

The draft was 14 rounds. That's a typo. No backup kickers ever, even during Tuckers bye!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Ben Nevis posted:

Is that the 14 teamer where you're starting Wentz?

Yeah. I'm in two 14 teamers. My work one with Wentz and my private club member one with Rivers.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Full PPR 10 teamer, picked 4th

QB: Newton, Dalton
RB: Demarco Murray, Montgomery, Ware, Coleman, Martin, Gio
WR: Julio, Hopkins, ARob, Bmarsh, Beasley
TE: Kelce
D/ST: Texans
K: Prater

Decent?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I like it. You have 3 WR that were top 10 in targets last year and your RBs look good.

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

Diqnol posted:

Full PPR 10 teamer, picked 4th

QB: Newton, Dalton
RB: Demarco Murray, Montgomery, Ware, Coleman, Martin, Gio
WR: Julio, Hopkins, ARob, Bmarsh, Beasley
TE: Kelce
D/ST: Texans
K: Prater

Decent?

You need to get Henry.

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

what, you don't like pizza?
Are T.Y. Hilton or Lamar Miller worth a 1st or 2nd round keeper? (ESPN, so keepers are 1st or 2nd round only, yes it sucks).

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Felter Chesthard posted:

You need to get Henry.

Why exactly? I understand having handcuffs, but Demarco has missed 3 games in the last 4 years and he has virtually no chance of losing that starting role unless he falls off a cliff playwise.

Of course it's nice to have Henry but i don't see why he would need to have him.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Aug 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasyfootball/comments/6vmwp5/beersheets_20170823_brock_you_like_a_hurricane/

• Locked thread