Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
To be fair, I think his argument was that the 76ers would win a title before the Celtics and were set-up better for a higher peak than the Celtics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
welp, looking back

Forums User Tom brady was right

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3726441&pagenumber=347&perpage=40#post449777379

Please refrain from going to the previous page and quoting my bad opinions on David Lee.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

NickRoweFillea posted:

Jimmer is back

Jimmer unfortunately already signed a deal in China for the upcoming season so he won't be back for at least one more year.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MourningView posted:

I am not gonna pretend I have actually seen him play but he's been super productive and efficient for someone that young playing against the level of competition he has. He was getting regular euroleague and ACB minutes at like 16

He plays like a 6'7/8 Steve Nash with the same athleticism, I don't know what you consider a star or superstar, but he could be a really fun and productive player.

LIGA ACB starts soon, they're in preseason, time to watch some blurry streams

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the fact that all the G League teams are now like right next to the parent team except for Miami's being in loving South Dakota is still hilarious

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Why the gently caress would anyone take a 31 year old player in a d league expansion draft.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Rick posted:

R.G. got this red text doing one of the funniest things this forum has ever did, which is convince some guy that we all thought what would be a 40+ win Celtic team was worse than a Sixers team that wouldn't break 20 like a week before the season. It was brilliant.

IIRC the guy was a reallllllly drunk Patriots fan and was celebrating Tom Brady's vindication re: DeflateGate by cruising through all the sports subforums and rapidfire shitposting "eff you" to everyone. When he was told to gently caress off he got pissed and bought red titles for everyone.

And yeah schtick was the wrong word; 'meme' might be a better choice. Boston itself is super diverse and liberal as a city; something like a 1/4-1/3 of the population was born outside of the U.S. As someone else pointed out above, the source of the problem is usually some shitkicker who lives hours outside of the city, which is essentially New Hampshire, the Alabama of New England.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

dokmo posted:

Why the gently caress would anyone take a 31 year old player in a d league expansion draft.

Hooking up a friend, or player on the team?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

dokmo posted:

#JustWin(TheDLeaguePlayoffs)Baby

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Jimmer unfortunately already signed a deal in China for the upcoming season so he won't be back for at least one more year.

Too lazy to google it but I think he signed a two year deal in China.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
I'm no GMing genius but I do know "draft" and "31-years-old" should not be in the same sentence.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Of course Boston, despite being the Mecca of higher education, doesn't always display the wisdom and intelligence that it should.

https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/900449792865837056

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Well Cambridge is more of the Mecca .

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Can we PLEASE move on to the offseason player move news that really matters?
https://twitter.com/spurs/status/900455795246211072

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Dexo posted:

welp, looking back

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3726441&pagenumber=347&perpage=40#post449777379

Please refrain from going to the previous page and quoting my bad opinions on David Lee.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I have since come round

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Can we PLEASE move on to the offseason player move news that really matters?
https://twitter.com/spurs/status/900455795246211072

Stanky three?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Man I wonder if we could do an old bad sports opinion thread here with out it turning into helldump

Good Work You Get An HIV
Feb 22, 2016

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Of course Boston, despite being the Mecca of higher education, doesn't always display the wisdom and intelligence that it should.

I would never burn my IT4 Jersey. I barely even had the opportunity to wear it proudly. I love being a Boston fan but my peers are idiots.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Dexo posted:

Man I wonder if we could do an old bad sports opinion thread here with out it turning into helldump

we can just post that old Bizort draft thread OP where he's utterly convinced LeBron will be a bust and Darko is legit and stop there

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dexo posted:

If you did your own it could work.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Kyrie Irving isn't even a good finisher it just looks very nice when they go in

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Like he only makes 50% of his shots at the rim. Isaiah Thomas takes more shots at the rim and shoots 8% better lol. Kyrie's a clown.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Is this actually a Celtics Jersey or someone's old beer league #4?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Lockback posted:

Is this actually a Celtics Jersey or someone's old beer league #4?

Maybe he uses his Celtics jersey for beer league.

You know for efficiency.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

straight up brolic posted:

Like he only makes 50% of his shots at the rim. Isaiah Thomas takes more shots at the rim and shoots 8% better lol. Kyrie's a clown.
yeah what's body control and creativity count for anything, you loving robot. if i were talking about most efficient finisher id be talking about lebron or DJ or someone. he's the best at whoopsy doodle layups, it's obvious

Brolander fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Aug 23, 2017

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/900468874600173570

James White with the award for "least old"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

4th man of the year on a 3 man wash up league sounds more like an insult than anything else.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Yeah most creative finisher maybe but "best" means nothing if it doesn't mean most efficient relative to volume. And he ain't even efficient for a much lower volume. He's a great shooter with a great handle and a bunch of vile one on one moves. He's a playground ball champion.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Mahmoud Abdul Rauf deserves some award

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

uh wut

http://on.nba.com/2kLWMC5

unless I'm missing something(which I could be) Kyrie at <5 ft has a higher percentage than Isaiah

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Brolander posted:

yeah what's body control and creativity count for anything, you loving robot. if i were talking about most efficient finisher id be talking about lebron or DJ or someone. he's the best at whoopsy doodle layups, it's obvious
It doesn't really count for anything when you're talking about who conveys more value. It's not about what I prefer to watch (although IT taking on 7 footers loving owns). IT is better at getting to the hoop and scoring than Kyrie.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Whoops my bad my blunder I read something wrong

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

though lmao is Kyrie really loving bad at shots in the 5-10 foot range lol.

Isiah's floater game is loving deadly.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dexo posted:

though lmao is Kyrie really loving bad at shots in the 5-10 foot range lol.

Isiah's floater game is loving deadly.

Aren't those shots terribly inefficient

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

zoux posted:

Aren't those shots terribly inefficient

sure, but like the Rockets found out, you can't always get good looks at efficient shots.

Sometimes you need someone who's semi-reliable at hitting a floater, or a long two if that's the clean shot you can get.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
ITs floater is amazing

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dexo posted:

welp, looking back

I love a good melt

Lmfao

Please do not besmirch the skill of looking cool

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Redgrendel2001 posted:

https://twitter.com/tony_hartman/status/900137937496453120

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phpKKKScgyo

love you earl

• Locked thread