Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Naked Bear posted:

Futurama is simultaneously one of the most brilliant and most stupid shows to ever grace our televisions. It's so loving smart and yet not above dick and fart jokes. A true masterpiece.

Yes it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Welp, the Coast Guard is sending me to get my MBA/MSA, so off to grad school I go-12 years after graduating from college. This should be fun.

I'm already enrolled in an online Stats course that the school makes me take prior to actual courses starting. I've heard it doesn't count for/against your GPA, but I'm glad this is the only online class I have to do, because gently caress learning stats by reading a .pdf of a book. Luckily the final for it is today and then a week off before school officially starts.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Say what you want about business majors, that salary is nice.

Boon fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Aug 3, 2017

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
what do business majors do?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Sir Lucius posted:

They do major business.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Sir Lucius posted:

My undergrad was in Finance in 2009 so... crash the world economy and join the Navy as far as I know.

I'm pursuing an MBA at the moment and looking to be a brand or product manager at graduation.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
business majors work for businesses doing administrative and operational and management stuff.

People with finance degrees learn how to be little Eichmans, man

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I do payroll at the school I graduated from. It's great in that it's the least stressful full time job I've ever had. Don't take anything home from work, literally or figuratively. Didn't want to work at a CPA firm and get burnt out after a couple tax seasons.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

milk milk lemonade posted:

business majors work for businesses doing administrative and operational and management stuff.

People with finance degrees learn how to be little Eichmans, man

It's the management majors that become Eichmanns. The supply chain majors become Heydrichs, the marketing majors become Goebbelses, the accountants and controllers become Wirtzes.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Howard Phillips posted:

Okay I will get in touch with the university clinic when I get down there on the 12th. Deadline is 31st, so I should be good.

At my school the punishment for not having proper vaccination documentation was being barred from on campus musters in the case of.sn.emergemcy.

Might be worth your time to see what the consequences would.be where you're going. If it's steep you can also request a copy of your military medical.records through the VA but I wouldn't hold my breath on getting those before next year

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Naked Bear posted:

Futurama is simultaneously one of the most brilliant and most stupid shows to ever grace our televisions. It's so loving smart and yet not above dick and fart jokes. A true masterpiece.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
Matt Groening, the creator of the Simpsons and Futurama, has a new show called Disenchantment coming out on netflix next year. It looks like a lot of the voice talent will be Futurama alumni as well.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Summer semester is over. Fall starts in 2 weeks. Not being in the military feels good.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Sir Lucius posted:

Summer semester is over. Fall starts in 2 weeks. Not being in the military feels good.

i take summers off from school, but i spent a lot of this summer willingly studying for the fall semester.

show me a single point where i was motivated to study in advance for anything army related, and i'll go enlist again right now.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

TBeats posted:

i take summers off from school, but i spent a lot of this summer willingly studying for the fall semester.

show me a single point where i was motivated to study in advance for anything army related, and i'll go enlist again right now.

Lol you're pre studying for accounting poo poo Poindexter

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
Don't motivation-shame. I spent a good bit of the summer studying for this fall too, except a little trip to Norway.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Lol you're pre studying for accounting poo poo Poindexter

i spent the better part of last semester sitting in class not knowing what was going on (but got a B+ anyway somehow). i don't feel like doing that this semester. i also want to make dean's list (3.75GPA) at least once before i graduate. last semester i got a 3.4. closest i've got is a 3.6.

plus i'm taking a lot of classes and that's a little bit less i need to study and can focus on other classes.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Aug 9, 2017

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

I wouldn't really pay attention to anyone giving you a hard time for studying, cole. What is this, loving high school?

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
More like college you....

NERDS!!!!!!!!!!

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Anybody know how long it takes to get a call/appointment for voc rehab? I went to ebenefits and submitted whatever it was to get a call. It’s been almost 2 weeks and I haven’t gotten any emails or phone call.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Lol it’s going to take like 6 months isn’t it? gently caress.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
After I applied on ebenefits I got a letter in the mail telling me to go to a meeting at a Voc Rehab office. I think it took a few weeks to get that letter, though.

Edit: The whole process took about four months, most of that was paperwork shuffling around and involved some paperwork from me, an aptitude test, and a couple meetings with my voc rehab dude

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Took about a month to get the first meeting after signing up. Guessing it varies from state-to-state.

I am actually surprised and impressed at how quickly and efficiently things are happening though. Makes me nervous!

Took the Accuplacer today, third grade math here I come! :smith:

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Took approx a month from signing up on ebenfits to sitting in my first meeting

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Mike-o posted:

Anybody know how long it takes to get a call/appointment for voc rehab? I went to ebenefits and submitted whatever it was to get a call. It’s been almost 2 weeks and I haven’t gotten any emails or phone call.

They are supposed to call you within a month. Depends on how busy your area is.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
You can start the Voc Rehab process on your own and then hand a mostly completed packet in to your counselor when you get the appointment. The paperwork varies by region/office, but it seems to generally be the same stuff.

When I was about to apply I asked in the Vet Benefits thread what kind of stuff the counselor wanted so I could get all my poo poo in order prior to the meeting and Elsa gave a really helpful response here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750680&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=13#post471535176

I ended up sending all of that stuff in to the counselor along with the VA 28-1902w that they sent me after applying for eBenefits. A few weeks later the counselor called me and told me my entire plan was approved and good to go. Never even had to sit down for a meeting.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Really? Elsa? Wow, ok then.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Trade school is hard guys.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Quit trying to get us to do your homework for you

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I got to learn about Boolean Logic which is pretty cool. Especially since it's like the foundation of binary right?

Here's a question: I have to take the stupid people math course before I can take an actual math course (or placement test but I looked at that option and quickly felt stupid). This class does not affect my GPA nor does it affect my credits but is required. This would be technically 3/4 with the VA? Am I gonna have to take 5 classes this fall?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Also this is why people don't take trade schools seriously. Dichotomous though so it's like enlisting. Yeah, you get some cool poo poo and do cool poo poo but you got a lot of dumb idiots and will be assumed to be a dumb idiot because of it.

I don't think you're dumb, I'm going off the whole "trade schools aren't important, gently caress liberal arts colleges" stereotype.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Today was happenstance.

I'm trying to move because this place (apt) really sucks. Got denied 1 place because I was 200 short of making 2.5x the rent. Called out of school because holy poo poo my lease is up in two weeks and we were banking on that. Look for new places.

Get a loving phone call from my campus saying there are 4 armed suspects doing armed robberies.

Right outside the building I would have been in.

All clear, and I get a call from the original woman saying that the owners would let us move in because we explained the whole weird "disability isn't income technically but here is proof money shows up in my account." Thing.

I'm shell shocked. I don't know how I would have reacted to seeing that. I would have been a hero and I'd probably be hurt or dead.

What the gently caress universe.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Well hello there book stipend. Semester starts on the 28th -- not sure when my VA dude sent stuff off though so don't use me as a gauge for when you should get yours.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Well hello there book stipend. Semester starts on the 28th -- not sure when my VA dude sent stuff off though so don't use me as a gauge for when you should get yours.

I got an email from the VA saying that my enrollment certification was sent to them on the 7th. Classes for me also start the 28th.

Still waiting on my book stipend.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

So when you graduate, you can keep taking classes right? There are some electives I want to take and now that Voc Rehab doesn't use 9/11, I want to play a bit.

Stupid maybe, like audio engineering or guitar/piano.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Mmm free law school books and supplies anghhhhhhhhhh

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Mmm free law school books and supplies anghhhhhhhhhh

I think I spent 150 on books total. 540 stipend getting deposited tomorrow.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

I spent the summer in Berlin taking a German course to fulfill my remaining foreign language credits. Thanks GI Bill!

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Soulex posted:

So when you graduate, you can keep taking classes right? There are some electives I want to take and now that Voc Rehab doesn't use 9/11, I want to play a bit.

Stupid maybe, like audio engineering or guitar/piano.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe you have to be actively working towards a degree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

DoktorLoken posted:

I spent the summer in Berlin taking a German course to fulfill my remaining foreign language credits. Thanks GI Bill!

How did you convince them this was required? My counselor is like "uh take the class here?"