Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Is there an actual way of looking up what theater chains accept Movie Pass without signing up for their service?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

muscles like this! posted:

Is there an actual way of looking up what theater chains accept Movie Pass without signing up for their service?
To my knowledge, no. This website is better than nothing but I've heard it doesn't work for some zip codes and has a few other issues.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Wrong thread

Timby fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Aug 17, 2017

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Does Rogue One get better? I'm 30 minutes in and like Yeahgh no.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

mike12345 posted:

Does Rogue One get better? I'm 30 minutes in and like Yeahgh no.

Kinda? The last act is decent but it never really sells the road to it, I guess is how Id put it.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

does it have oscar isaac in it or is that the other one

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
That's the other one, none of Rogue One's leads have even half that charisma. It's an okay movie but skippable if you're not super into Star Wars I think

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

alright thx :)

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

peer posted:

That's the other one, none of Rogue One's leads have even half that charisma. It's an okay movie but skippable if you're not super into Star Wars I think

yeah that's the problem. I don't really care about any of the characters, the story is she's probably a jedi or whatever. also that funny robot shoe-in.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

mike12345 posted:

yeah that's the problem. I don't really care about any of the characters, the story is she's probably a jedi or whatever. also that funny robot shoe-in.

The best thing about Rogue One is that there are no Jedi (except Vader) in the whole film.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

MrJacobs posted:

The best thing about Rogue One is that there are no Jedi (except Vader) in the whole film.

Blind guy is Jedi AF

He just didn't go to Youngling school

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

syscall girl posted:

Blind guy is Jedi AF

He can't use the force, just has a deeper connection to it. So no throwing poo poo with his mind, just listening to the force bitch about life and how nobody understands it.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Powaqoatse posted:

does it have oscar isaac in it or is that the other one

No Oscar Isaac yet all the humans are still Poe faced.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

I liked it better than TFA. Not that I necessarily disagree with the comments in this thread...

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I liked the sassy robot and the end with Vader.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

syscall girl posted:

Blind guy is Jedi AF

Donnie Yen gets no respect in the West

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Boinks posted:

Donnie Yen gets no respect in the West

That is a sad truth.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

MrJacobs posted:

He can't use the force, just has a deeper connection to it. So no throwing poo poo with his mind, just listening to the force bitch about life and how nobody understands it.

But then he can take out like 20 Stormtroopers singlehandedly, so, like, why were we even bothering with the Jedi thing in the first place?

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Crappy Jack posted:

But then he can take out like 20 Stormtroopers singlehandedly, so, like, why were we even bothering with the Jedi thing in the first place?

Because he knew king fu and was able to disarm the troopers since he was a blind dude so he was able to catch them unaware.Captain minigun was the only reason he survived the reinforcements with more guns after they realized they are dealing with Donnie loving Yen

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Crappy Jack posted:

Yeah. He was more effective than we've seen Luke or most other Jedi be. Rogue One was great but having a Jedi in by pretending he's not a Jedi was a cheap and silly move.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

PriorMarcus posted:

Yeah. He was more effective than we've seen Luke or most other Jedi be. Rogue One was great but having a Jedi in by pretending he's not a Jedi was a cheap and silly move.

The first words out of his mouth proved he was a force user and were Jedi AF

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

It's pedantic, but being a Force user doesn't necessarily mean he is a Jedi. Not all Force users are Jedi, but all Jedi are Force users.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Not to be pedantic but just because you believe in the Force doesn't mean you're a "Force user". Something else is going on there.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Not to be pedantic but just because you believe in the Force doesn't mean you're a "Force user". Something else is going on there.

Pretty much. Being able to be in tune with the force and listen to it is not the same as being able to manipulate it directly like the Jedi can.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

MrJacobs posted:

Pretty much. Being able to be in tune with the force and listen to it is not the same as being able to manipulate it directly like the Jedi can.

PriorMarcus posted:

Plot 101: I'm fully not a Jedi until the film needs me to do Jedi things.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

504 posted:

Luke did Jedi things wayyy before he was fully a Jedi.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

MrJacobs posted:

And Annakin.

And those two untrainable were.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

504 posted:

Less that and more you don't need to go to a vocational school to believe in something.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Update to my Moviepass question, they have revamped their website with a feature that does actually let you look up what theaters use it.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

muscles like this! posted:

Update to my Moviepass question, they have revamped their website with a feature that does actually let you look up what theaters use it.
I actually can't get that to work, but at least they're trying! I got an email from them today saying they're swamped with orders, so my card should be coming in, like, September, rather than yesterday, which is when it was supposed to come.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

MrJacobs posted:

You mean Like Skywalker? The guy told he was going to be trained to be a Jedi? as opposed to the guy that point blank said "I can't use the force just sence it"?

Like someone else said, it's just a way to have a Jedi in a movie where no Jedi could be.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

syscall girl posted:

And Annakin.

And those two untrainable were.

Well except for the entire "I won't train him, pause, ok I'll train him" thing. Hell even family guy made fun of that.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

504 posted:

Well except for the entire "I won't train him, pause, ok I'll train him" thing. Hell even family guy made fun of that.

Yeah except not at the academy and not fully licensed Jedis.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
You don't think Yoda' s fully licenced?

You're a hard man to please!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

504 posted:

You don't think Yoda' s fully licenced?

You're a hard man to please!

Lost his accreditation to an instructor be.

Jedi 4 Lyfe ofc

e: there was a whole bureaucracy to it

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The best books about Japanese cinema?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
This isn't about movies, but movie theaters; I saw in the Greenlit thread that theaters don't have anyone in the projection booth anymore, so I was wondering, does the theater just get a DVD of the movie they're showing and just throw it in? Do they do test screenings of those movies? Afterward, do they ship their theater copy back to wherever it came from, or are they destroyed?

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Leavemywife posted:

This isn't about movies, but movie theaters; I saw in the Greenlit thread that theaters don't have anyone in the projection booth anymore, so I was wondering, does the theater just get a DVD of the movie they're showing and just throw it in? Do they do test screenings of those movies? Afterward, do they ship their theater copy back to wherever it came from, or are they destroyed?
Close. They get a hard drive in a box.

More.

Many movies are now directly streamed to theaters over the Internet.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Gobbeldygook posted:

More.

Hey, that's pretty cool! Thanks for the reply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Gobbeldygook posted:

More.

I know Rifftrax Live events are transmitted via Dish Network (unless that's changed recently).