Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
context: im working with the local chapter of ISO to organize a meeting of leftist groups in the area so that we can all work together. there had been some setbacks involving the largest group in the area which is lib as gently caress but everything seemed to have been worked out

then i woke up to this facebook message

gently caress everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

context: im working with the local chapter of ISO to organize a meeting of leftist groups in the area so that we can all work together. there had been some setbacks involving the largest group in the area which is lib as gently caress but everything seemed to have been worked out

then i woke up to this facebook message

gently caress everyone

What the hell does "self-assessment" even mean in this context?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Struggle sessions, but you have to wear a placard bearing a Beyonce gif.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rhesus Pieces posted:

What the hell does "self-assessment" even mean in this context?

my guess is its about beating nazis via privilege checking and being aware that we're all a little bit nazi on the inside

i was originally planning on going to try and reassure people that hey no antifa aren't just fuckin loons spoiling for a fight, violence is AN option but not the only or the first one

now im going to bay for blood

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Self-crit, but instead it's performative flagellation for not checking your privilege that one time

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

my guess is its about beating nazis via privilege checking and being aware that we're all a little bit nazi on the inside

i was originally planning on going to try and reassure people that hey no antifa aren't just fuckin loons spoiling for a fight, violence is AN option but not the only or the first one

now im going to bay for blood

Privilege politics is such a dead end.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Famethrowa posted:

Self-crit, but instead it's performative flagellation for not checking your privilege that one time

Yeah this is the other message I got "Oh yeah sorry I meant hey don't want to plan any action. They only want people to assess their inner fascism or some poo poo"

It sucks because this is the largest group in the area so they're great for getting big numbers but also you can't radicalize any of them

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Yeah this is the other message I got "Oh yeah sorry I meant hey don't want to plan any action. They only want people to assess their inner fascism or some poo poo"

It sucks because this is the largest group in the area so they're great for getting big numbers but also you can't radicalize any of them

Have they taken part in any actions yet? I like to believe that it's through struggle people reach radical conclusions, and I think I've seen a lot of it myself over the past few months among the liberals I know. Getting them out there is a key step, and I wish you the best of luck convincing them to do it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mr. Lobe posted:

Have they taken part in any actions yet? I like to believe that it's through struggle people reach radical conclusions, and I think I've seen a lot of it myself over the past few months among the liberals I know. Getting them out there is a key step, and I wish you the best of luck convincing them to do it.

i know they organized a protest at the airport after the travel ban, but i dont know what else they've done. im on the mailing list just so i can keep an ear to the ground about them and most of it is like CALL YOUR REP poo poo

i think the idea was to organize all the orgs in the area, ISO, IWW, BLM, these ding dongs, and the statewide antifa network, plus a few probably, but the odds of the ding dongs getting dragged along are minimal because i think we're just gonna get bogged down in TONALD DRUMPF sheetcake bullshit

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
realtalk if someone argues against counter protesting nazis im going to vomit hot blood at them

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
I feel like you have to be talking about dsa. I'm glad they embrace (at least rhetorically) nazipunching in my city lol

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Boywhiz88 posted:

The MMA episodes are loving great and I would easily watch an hour or two about the topics brought up in each, but especially the Chechnya scene and Ramzan Kadyrov.

Not quite MMA, but Felix is on the latest episode of Heavy Hands.

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

What even is cum town I tried it and I'm thoroughly confused

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

CaptainJuan posted:

I feel like you have to be talking about dsa. I'm glad they embrace (at least rhetorically) nazipunching in my city lol

I wish it was DSA. This is an entirely local thing, no ties to a larger movement (all the other orgs going to the meeting tonight are national if not international, exception being me repping my antifa network)

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'm going to be taking notes on my phone if not live blogging most of the meeting for my networks group chat so expect highlights later on

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Mugsbaloney posted:

It's three manchildren giggling for an hour

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Hell yeah dude

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
About a year ago I listened to Cum Town and was really bemused and dismayed that people liked it. Then I listened again in like February and my rotting brain said "Yes. Yes this is good, to me."

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Mugsbaloney posted:

It's basically an unstructured rambling conversation between pals and is as inconsistent as that implies.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Cum Town is just three friends (ish) shooting the poo poo. Don't make it more than that and it's awesome and good and pure.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So I replied to that CORNCOB IS RAPE guy

https://twitter.com/Eviljohna/status/900453297588494337

Hoo boy

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Javes posted:

Hell yeah dude my bitch

ftfy

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

i gently caress with cum town

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

So I replied to that CORNCOB IS RAPE guy

https://twitter.com/Eviljohna/status/900453297588494337

Hoo boy

There was an old urban dictionary entry with like 48 votes that people were going "SEE! SEE!" about a week or two ago.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

It just felt like a stretch or mistranslation of cornhole.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Lord Frisk posted:

It just felt like a stretch or mistranslation of cornhole.

I figured this out like a minute after I posted

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
ironically, corncob guy is now corncobbing hardcore

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Power of Pecota posted:

There was an old urban dictionary entry with like 48 votes that people were going "SEE! SEE!" about a week or two ago.

it must rule being that retarded

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'm at the meeting and listening to the two old ladies behind me talk about the media reaction to trump while I wait for it to start

This is gonna be a riot

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I'm at the meeting and listening to the two old ladies behind me talk about the media reaction to trump while I wait for it to start

This is gonna be a riot

Good luck, comrade

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
I have a Documentary Film Club on the Chapo Reddit that's stagnant because barely anyone knows the thread exists

https://www.reddit.com/r/ChapoTrapHouse/comments/6tkk51/chapo_theatre_first_round_nomination_thread_cast/

Join in I guess

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Aug 24, 2017

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Good luck, comrade

Live notes from the meeting (pasted from my notes app):

Leading off with ACLU speaker - recognizing the indigenous people whose land this is. Talking about white supremacy. Honest Frank conversation. Charlottesville is a symptom of an epidemic. Lot of focus on indigenous people. Explaining systemic racism I guess and also colonialism. White supremacy is ideology, nationalism is a trend, literally made a hand tilt without meaning to. "It's bullshit that it took a white girl dying to get this attention". I'm agreeing with this guy more than I expected. Besides the white nationalism is a trend thing I've agreed with him almost entirely.

Speaker from Onondaga nation's advising against erasure

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
ISO speaker is agreeing with all of it but also reminding us that the class war exists and how that plays into the other divides. Spending most of his intro time reminding us about the class war and the lost history of resistance. Cville is a turning point because it was the far right uniting across their differences and marching on an area where they weren't welcome. Aaaaaaaand now it's a call for nonviolent protest with no understanding that sometimes violence is necessary

The co-organizer ladt is now literally calling for a struggle session jfc

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Race Realists posted:

I have a Documentary Film Club on the Chapo Reddit that's stagnant because barley anyone knows the thread exists

https://www.reddit.com/r/ChapoTrapHouse/comments/6tkk51/chapo_theatre_first_round_nomination_thread_cast/

Join in I guess

Reddit really sucks for any kind of longer term discussion unless you get mods to sticky the thread for you. Unless the thread gets popular quickly barely anyone will see it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
A dude in a Carhartt poo poo got hella mad at the basic struggle session idea and me and a couple other guys moved over in case there was a problem

We are half an hour in holy poo poo this isngonna end bad

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
How dumb do they think you are? The ethical questions of being a radical are pretty loving obvious.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Eezee posted:

Reddit really sucks for any kind of longer term discussion unless you get mods to sticky the thread for you. Unless the thread gets popular quickly barely anyone will see it.

That's the thing: The Mods CANT sticky it. They thought it was a fantastic idea but they've done all they could

You think I could make a D&D thread?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The Muppets On PCP posted:

i mean it's great that nazis pussed out from showing up at other rallies post -charlottesville after experiencing the slightest hint of legit resistance

but on the other hand making those places safe for liberals to show up is counterproductive because they're the ones who need to get their skulls cracked a few times to get the message

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

rumble in the bunghole posted:

How dumb do they think you are? The ethical questions of being a radical are pretty loving obvious.

Most of the people here aren't radical at all I'd argue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Here being this meeting not this thread grey wolves are rad as gently caress