Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Detheros posted:

Just follow Hatsuu, she's been retweeting them all. :v:

https://twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/900414372329078784

Hatsuu gonna overwork Burch since she no longer can do life is strange

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Wait that cute, likeable voice is also Tiny Tina's? What the gently caress.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Justin_Brett posted:

Wait that cute, likeable voice is also Tiny Tina's? What the gently caress.
voice actors can have different voices, and voice direction can make a character sound likable or unlikable

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
ashly burch is a legit good actor, it's not her fault her brother wrote her into one of the least endearing or funny video game scripts of all time

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Once upon a time, you could hire rean schwarzer for free and have him do stupid poo poo

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

he's still pretty willing to do stupid poo poo if you ask

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Tae posted:

Hatsuu gonna overwork Burch since she no longer can do life is strange

Wasn't the prequel thing just because of a schedule conflict? I don't know if Life is Strange 2 would somehow continue the story (why???) or do a new thing.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

GrandpaPants posted:

Wasn't the prequel thing just because of a schedule conflict? I don't know if Life is Strange 2 would somehow continue the story (why???) or do a new thing.

No, she specifically stated she turned down the job because of the strike.

Though she's still a writer and consultant on the prequel which is awkward.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
Finally 100%'d Ark of Napishtim. Nightmare was... a thing

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

The Colonel posted:

i don't want to argue about kevin vs joshua but if you're going to do this i'm gonna say kevin is a better character on his own than joshua

Zin better character than Kevin, and he barely exists.

Kevin was okay in SC but the third did him no favors.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Good things about Kevin:
1. Cry for me
2. Introduced Ries
3. Onion Graham.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
hot take: actually, kevin is good

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF11p90v38o

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Logicblade posted:

Good things about Kevin:
1. Cry for me
2. Introduced Ries
3. Onion Graham.

4. Voiced by Keith Silverstein

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The Cold Steel 3 trailer is finally out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr-8b6S6HOQ

I'm, uh, too afraid to watch it actually.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Anime scenes now. Guess they want the big fights not in engine any more.

Also muse makes sharon meek and shy in comparison

Tae fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Aug 24, 2017

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Terper posted:

The Cold Steel 3 trailer is finally out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr-8b6S6HOQ

I'm, uh, too afraid to watch it actually.

I wanna punch Ouroboros. I wanna punch the Ironbloods. I wanna punch the giant robots. Guys and gals, I just wanna punch the world.

:supaburn:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I don't think I've seen a bigger no fucks for not playing cs2, but i guess that's how falcom does it.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

their jaws move when they talk :aaa:

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

I wanna punch Ouroboros. I wanna punch the Ironbloods. I wanna punch the giant robots. Guys and gals, I just wanna punch the world.

:supaburn:

Sadly I think Angelica may be the one character that hasn't been shown, so may need to stick to stabbing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

OddObserver posted:

Sadly I think Angelica may be the one character that hasn't been shown, so may need to stick to stabbing.

Angelica has been shown, she got a really fantastic redesign in fact.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

https://my.mixtape.moe/oaglpt.png

With these hp numbers :supaburn:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

OddObserver posted:

https://twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/890263961165221888

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

lets hang out posted:

https://my.mixtape.moe/oaglpt.png

With these hp numbers :supaburn:

I am kinda wondering if they just set it up in debug menu or something for the trailer.... Since I don't think the guest characters there are going to be level 1.

...and yeah, I don't know how I managed to blank out on the Miss Suave redesign.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.
Does anyone else get burned out when playing a lot of Kiseki in a short period of time? Like as soon as I finished SC (which I marathoned through in the span of a few weeks), I started the 3rd, but I wasn't enjoying it as much as I felt like I should have. I put it on hold and picked it back up and I'm enjoying it much more.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I could see that happening to a newer player in the present, but in my case at least I started when FC first came out on Steam and thus there's always been a pretty large gap between each release/playthrough.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
So is xseed a SAG shop or are they just small enough that the union doesn't care?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The VA strike is against certain companies, not voice acting as a whole. And jobs that would be striked against were done prior to like February.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

Nate RFB posted:

I could see that happening to a newer player in the present, but in my case at least I started when FC first came out on Steam and thus there's always been a pretty large gap between each release/playthrough.

I've been playing catch-up since just after SC came out

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Some more characters shown as playable in the flurry of footage at the end. Might not be new and not too surprising, but hey. Aurelia, Tio, and Olivier.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

They were revealed in the initial teaser PV like months and months ago.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Ingame, not as party members I'm pretty sure though. Like how people weren't sure about Tita at first.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

I refuse to believe someone could beat FC and have Estelle as the only interesting character, so he's got to be very early and just needs to keep playing.

Well, Olivier is always fun because he manages to find ways of topping himself , no pun intended, every single moment he is in a scene. Schzera or however she's spelled, Zin, Kloe and Agate are all boring stereotypes (I mean yes, a lot of these characters are just archetypes but well-written, but still), and Tita is just whatever Tita is.

I just beat the game today, actually. I'm having trouble remembering many of the characters during my journey aside from some of their light comedic moments. Alba I remember just because of his importance to the plot, but he's not so much memorable so much as setup for the next game that you sort of HAVE to remember. Everyone else? Eeeeh. I mean I remember the mayor and his assistant in the rogue-filled town because that plot was so easy to figure out you spent most of it wanting to bash the main characters over the head for not walking up to the obvious arsonists and throwing them off the drawbridge.

Oh, and Duke Dunan, for being Donald Trump with slightly better hair.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
Dunan isn't like that for long. He actually grows up and becomes a decent guy by the midgame of SC.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Kloe and Agate both have really good arcs in SC, and to a slightly lesser extent Schera does as well. Zin unfortunately is in the Gaius Worzel camp of just kind of being there.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
FC Zin is a brick wall that at least chumps most enemies since his Taunt is full screen and actually works on things you'd want, and he doesn't waste a part slot since you literally only get to choose for the final dungeon.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
He also has that craft which is insanely broken.

Or maybe that was SC

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Aug 25, 2017

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

no he has Distend in all three games

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Thunder God Kick was the one that's actually broken though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Logicblade posted:

Thunder God Kick was the one that's actually broken though.

It was a fun broken in SC. Kinda sad it got fixed in TC.