Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

ps I've actually really been enjoying your podcast, Lowtax, sorry for being riled up I just like your forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Thanks Rich

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
No matter your political leaning, violence is bad. If you commit or support violence you are calling for the end of rationality in society.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Nut to Butt posted:

There are roving gangs of neo-nazis brutally murdering queer peoples of color in the streets and the police and mods don't care.

* queer person is being beaten to death * "MODS... PLEASE..."

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Putty posted:

No matter your political leaning, violence is bad. If you commit or support violence you are calling for the end of rationality in society.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

kickascii posted:

You seem to be new around here, so I'm going to cut you some slack. What youre doing is called "feeding the trolls." No person capable of turning on a computer and composing a coherent sentence could also simultaneously hold that view.

smh

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Adept Nightingale posted:

ps I've actually really been enjoying your podcast, Lowtax, sorry for being riled up I just like your forum
Thank you, and it's no problem, I went back and looked at your post with the names of the racist people and banned half of them.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lowtax posted:

Oh jesus, see poo poo like this is retarded as gently caress. On one hand, people say Trump is a loving idiot and can't speak and all the words he uses are dumb words for dumbo dumb dummies. Then you say "oh also he's talking in secret code words and is LITERALLY CALLING FOR GENOCIDE, TO MURDER ALL BLACK PEOPLE, BECAUSE HE IS A NAZI."

Come on man, Trump is an idiot who sucks but he is not "an open Nazi." That word has almost lost all meaning because the left has been calling every republican one since the first Bush.

This is true to an extent. Crazy internet people have been calling Republicans Nazis for years. Trouble is the alt-right are real actual Nazis and Trump keeps giving them accidental support by saying dumb things because his skull contains a moldy vidalia onion instead of a functioning human brain.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
MIllennials needed a compelling villain to bring meaning to their lives of soulless consumption so they decided to go to war with the pathetic remnants of far-right white supremacists left in this country and along the way amplified and empowered them. Similar to how the media most critical of Trump just couldn't loving stop covering him every second during the campaign. Nazis existing isn't the left's fault exclusively, but to deny the hand they had in bringing them to the national stage for this dog and pony show of self-righteous affirmation is self-delusion.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Thanks. Quick question, can we change the newbie avatar to comething other than a guy who planned the rape and murder of a lady before he was caught?

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

VikingSkull posted:

ah, WWII, when we proudly fought fascists by firebombing and nuking civilians wholesale

we should do that again

*shrugs* it worked

8-Bit Scholar posted:

ha ha alright then I think uh hm

You are definitely a sane, rational person.

Man, all of this loving WWII nostalgia outta nowhere. I get that this generation is kind of bummed out we got a bunch of boring modern day wars in lovely deserts, but having a hardon for a conflict that happened almost 80 years ago is the most interesting development out of this whole thing. I thought the Cold War nostalgia was weird enough, but we're just gonna keep going back in time. Like, sorry you didn't get to re-enact your favorite parts of Call of Duty in real life but you aren't fighting a massive foreign war machine here. When you hop on your 50 cal now you're just gonna be gunning down like, ten schlubby white dudes who blame immigrants for why nobody wants to gently caress them. S'not that glamorous man, you're not really fighting the power here.

lol yeah it's true, WWII nostalgia is pretty recent and isolated

The exact number of heavily armed white supremacists openly organizing with what seems the tacit endorsement of the president is hardly the matter of contention

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Putty posted:

counterpoint: Political powergrows out of thebarrel of a gun

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
If you punch a Nazi, chances are it isn't going to magically reroute the neurons in his brain to your way of thinking. More likely he is going to hate your argument even more and will remember to bring his crowbar for the next rally.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Putty posted:

What about Black Friday?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Save the forums, banish political discussion to its own subforums.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This is true to an extent. Crazy internet people have been calling Republicans Nazis for years. Trouble is the alt-right are real actual Nazis and Trump keeps giving them accidental support by saying dumb things because his skull contains a moldy vidalia onion instead of a functioning human brain.
I completely agree, I just believe Trump, and the self-professed "Nazis" out there, are all too monumentally stupid to pull off any secret code word ethnic genocide or whatever. They are barely intelligent enough to form sentences.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Uncle Enzo posted:

Nah Trump supporters, at this point in time in August of 2017, are more or less Nazis. Sorry Richard, you handed GBS to freepers

https://twitter.com/RichardBSpencer/status/900181906704171013

It's interesting to think that the 'top kek wpww' 4chan nerds are basically a neo-freep for the right where they were quickly thought of as being a powerful force, and now they're sliding back into unknown mediocrity and probably won't take it well when the GOP ignores that they exist.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Putty posted:

If you punch a Nazi, chances are it isn't going to magically reroute the neurons in his brain to your way of thinking. More likely he is going to hate your argument even more and will remember to bring his crowbar for the next rally.

Putty the Nazis already started running over protesters with cars so I think this argument is bullshit.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

funmanguy posted:

Thanks. Quick question, can we change the newbie avatar to comething other than a guy who planned the rape and murder of a lady before he was caught?
I like it because he is ugly and that's funny.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Putty posted:

Trump told his supporters to attack protestors and police to hit the heads of people they arrested into cars lol

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

new phone who dis posted:

MIllennials needed a compelling villain to bring meaning to their lives of soulless consumption so they decided to go to war with the pathetic remnants of far-right white supremacists left in this country and along the way amplified and empowered them. Similar to how the media most critical of Trump just couldn't loving stop covering him every second during the campaign. Nazis existing isn't the left's fault exclusively, but to deny the hand they had in bringing them to the national stage for this dog and pony show of self-righteous affirmation is self-delusion.

I'm not saying Nazis are the left's fault, but they surely would have quietly gone away if only people would ignore them, despite the marching and the swastikas and the murders in broad daylight etc.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

If girls on the internet didn't say the boobs in video games were too jiggly, nazis wouldn't exist!

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

Putty posted:

negative. death to Nazis

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Smythe posted:

not a fan lol

I'm still on board. Smythe for Prez.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Uncle Enzo posted:

lol yeah it's true, WWII nostalgia is pretty recent and isolated

The exact number of heavily armed white supremacists openly organizing with what seems the tacit endorsement of the president is hardly the matter of contention

Tell me more about how you wanna be BJ Blaskowitz

I'm sure all the kids in school will agree you're real cool

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Katamari Democracy posted:

What about Black Friday?

This is a completely different argument I didn't mind shedding blood for my discount Wii U.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Putty the Nazis already started running over protesters with cars so I think this argument is bullshit.

Putty posted:

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Uncle Enzo posted:

*shrugs* it worked

clearly it didn't because there are still nazis

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Lowtax posted:

I like it because he is ugly and that's funny.

Some people really find it uncomfortable because of the whole rape thing. Would it be ok to find another equally funny picture that wasn't of a rapper?

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

theperminator posted:

No there aren't
You didgeridon't have a clue, buckaroo!

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Uncle Enzo posted:

I'm not saying Nazis are the left's fault, but they surely would have quietly gone away if only people would ignore them, despite the marching and the swastikas and the murders in broad daylight etc.
I don't agree with that. Look at all the cases of them getting publicly shamed and disappearing off the face of the earth. I support engaging those people and showing them their stupid ideas have consequences.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Lemming posted:

Trump told his supporters to attack protestors and police to hit the heads of people they arrested into cars lol

Source?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Uncle Enzo posted:

They spent decades having extremely marginalized, pathetic demonstrations that went nowhere. Now all of a sudden that "punching Nazis" is the cool and trendy thing, people are getting hurt and dying in political brawls.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Anyone who attends these protests are probably not right in the head. I say give everyone monster trucks to even the odds.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Putty posted:

This is a completely different argument I didn't mind shedding blood for my discount Wii U.

Nazis are already being violent, why shouldn't I reserve the right to defend myself from their violence Mr. Video Game man?

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

They spent decades having extremely marginalized, pathetic demonstrations that went nowhere. Now all of a sudden that "punching Nazis" is the cool and trendy thing, people are getting hurt and dying in political brawls.

Honestly, what really happened is that the white supremacist movement got a president they support for the first time in, well, many decades.

This is not me saying Trump is, himself, a nazi-- I don't think he is. I think he's willing to take their votes, certainly, because I don't think he has any moral center whatsoever, but that's not the same thing.

The trouble you have here is that the militia movement, which has for DECADES been super marginalized and planning all their actions in a fantasy war against the federal government, has shifted targets to people who are more possible for them to kill.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Putty posted:

Anyone who attends these protests are probably not right in the head. I say give everyone monster trucks to even the odds.

I want a tiny little car attached to a boulder with a pink dildo on the front hood

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Lowtax posted:

I don't agree with that. Look at all the cases of them getting publicly shamed and disappearing off the face of the earth. I support engaging those people and showing them their stupid ideas have consequences.

I also support shaming people who backed Hillary because god drat look at how she dresses lmao

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
those reformed skinheads who found jesus usually say something about reaching rock bottom changed their mind or whatever. getting punched in the face at a nazi rally is a pretty good rock bottom tbh.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Putty posted:

this is a good idea and I'm glad it came from a poster on the spiritual successor to the internet's most popular monster truck newsletter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Katamari Democracy posted:

I also support shaming people who backed Hillary because god drat look at how she dresses lmao
She's pretty awful

• Locked thread