Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Toshimo posted:

CAN YOU MAKE IT THROUGH THIS TRAILER WITHOUT CRINGING?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTMZ2X5cE_Q

The great irony is how cheap this looks.

e:

Ever wonder why Jimmy had to marry an ape?

Spoiler: Superman does not bother to find a way out for Jimmy. (Jimmy Olsen #98)

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Aug 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

prefect posted:

Same here. It might have been about a kid with Stardust powers for all I knew. The main appeal was "anything he wants to happen, he can make happen, no matter how ridiculous". Embarrassing in retrospect, but I was just a stupid kid.

There was a Richie Rich animated cartoon when I was little, where Richie and friends are crimefighters for some reason.. The one bit that sticks in my head is when Richie is chasing a badguy in his car (how can a 8yo drive? don't ask) and the baddie shoots a liquid that makes the car's windshield grow hair, so Richie pushes a button which makes mechanical arms spray the windshield with shaving cream and shave it.

So, yeah, a kid with reality-warping powers battling others.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Gynovore posted:

There was a Richie Rich animated cartoon when I was little, where Richie and friends are crimefighters for some reason.. The one bit that sticks in my head is when Richie is chasing a badguy in his car (how can a 8yo drive? don't ask) and the baddie shoots a liquid that makes the car's windshield grow hair, so Richie pushes a button which makes mechanical arms spray the windshield with shaving cream and shave it.

So, yeah, a kid with reality-warping powers battling others.

So he's basically the old joke of Batman's superpower being "I'm very rich," taken to its logical extreme. It all makes sense now.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
My favourite is the clearly hastily rewritten rejected Batman spec scripts which lead to Rippy and Crashman, (Why they're that name, I dunno, but gently caress it who cares)

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Of everthing in his life he names after money puns, you think his superhero identity would be one of them.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Elfface posted:

Of everthing in his life he names after money puns, you think his superhero identity would be one of them.

He actually is trying to keep a secret identity? Except neither him or his butler wearing loving masks.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Taintrunner posted:

I got halfway through and had to stop and scream

THE BILLIONAIRE CHILD HAS ANOTHER CHILD DRESSED UP AS A SEXY MAID

The weirdest thing is she's like eighteen, at least six years older than Waste-of-Skin over there.

No, wait, the weirdest thing is that she's wearing stay-ups.

No, wait, the weirdest thing is that she's apparently a robot, according to Wikipedia.

SHE'S TWENTY-THREE? What.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Everyone under 25 looks like a baby to me too.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

:corsair::same::corsair:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Um...

E: Found context!
That's a Skrull Psylocke

Say Nothing fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Aug 24, 2017

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

SHLUPPY?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Shluppy.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Shluppy!

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
The X-treme X-SCHLUPPY!

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

bunnyofdoom posted:

My favourite is the clearly hastily rewritten rejected Batman spec scripts which lead to Rippy and Crashman, (Why they're that name, I dunno, but gently caress it who cares)

Man, this is dredging up long-forgotten memories... I think the story is that their characters of Rippy and Crashman had public lives as stuntmen. This would've been back when Evel Knievel was big, and people were trying to cash in on that (Johnny Blaze, Fall Guy, etc.)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Flaming Carrot Comics #22

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Sound logic there.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I still dream of a day when our oceans will be free of the alien menace...

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/nocontextxmen/status/900167881568243713

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

New thread title!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Say Nothing posted:

Um...

E: Found context!
That's a Skrull Psylocke

Ah the somewhat rare case where adding context only makes things worse.

SHLUPPY indeed

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I don't think anybody was editing X-Men for a while

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Darthemed posted:

Invaders From Liefield World

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Taskmaster breaking the fourth wall in Secret Empire 9.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Someone needs to crosspost this into the Good/Bad Art thread because wtf is up with that shadow?

edit: upon further consideration, I think Wolverine has answered that

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Aug 24, 2017

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Someone needs to crosspost this into the Good/Bad Art thread because wtf is up with that shadow?

It's not just the shadow, what's with his feet? It's like he has ballerina legs and is standing en pointe.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
He's developed the backward-knees, impeccable chest and animal-ears all furries strive for. Wolverine is becoming his fursona.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

purple death ray posted:

Writer: "So, after skrull Psylocke has finished threatening to do things to naked Jubilee's mouth, she feeds her to a tentacle monster - Shluppy!"
Editor: "Sounds good to me."

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Darthemed posted:

This always seemed kind of fun--is there a collected version of it somewhere?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

purple death ray posted:

They were there, but all there energy was just loving with the writers.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Taskmaster breaking the fourth wall in Secret Empire 9.

taskmaster being the sane supervillain is always funny, like the bit in i think the Siege even where he realised that he was way outta his depth

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

quite stretched out posted:

taskmaster being the sane supervillain is always funny, like the bit in i think the Siege even where he realised that he was way outta his depth

It fits with his origin story having "And then after mimicking an Olympic dive perfectly, I almost drowned because I forgot to learn how to swim too." making him learn early to know when he is... out of his depth :downsrim:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

A Strange Aeon posted:

This always seemed kind of fun--is there a collected version of it somewhere?

There were some collections published in the 90s but they're a bit pricey to find now.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Section Z posted:

It fits with his origin story having "And then after mimicking an Olympic dive perfectly, I almost drowned because I forgot to learn how to swim too." making him learn early to know when he is... out of his depth :downsrim:

i wasnt aware of this and it's amazing, thank you

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

quite stretched out posted:

"Deadpool, look, my heart isn't really in this fight so can we just make this looks good and then I lose to you?"

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Taskmaster's complete absence in the MCU baffles me because he's like the exact character people want in a super hero movie

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

mask taster

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Countblanc posted:

Taskmaster's complete absence in the MCU baffles me because he's like the exact character people want in a super hero movie
He is neither handsome, nor does he have pathos. Useless as a film character, save as a henchman.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Unless your name is Loki, the Marvel movies have a massive hard-on for showing that crime/evil doesn't pay, and even then Loki's plan in Thor 1 was some roundabout "for Asgard" bullshit and his Avengers plan was finding a way to run away from Thanos without getting blamed.

Taskmaster's whole schtick of being the "Catch-22 henchman" just doesn't fly in that Comics Code Authority milieu, especially with Disney financing everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

mind the walrus posted:

Taskmaster's whole schtick of being the "Catch-22 henchman" just doesn't fly in that Comics Code Authority milieu, especially with Disney financing everything.

You seem to interpret malice, when the far simpler answer is: People like the bad guy defeated and the good guy winning in their superhero fairy tales. Or is the Disney spirit the reason why Batman defeats Bane and Superman Zod?