Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Laura K Dale wrote a series of 4? last week on harassment on VOD and streaming platforms

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/08/15/how-those-most-affected-feel-about-twitchs-lax-moderation

Her last was an interview with Totalbiscuit who has an interesting viewpoint as being seen by the outrage warrior types as a alt-right loony for making some illadvised comments about consumer advocacy during the gamergate idiocy then more recently throwing an 8chan troll out of a convention for asking 'are traps gay' making him a target for the pepe brigade.

Sarkeesian tweeted out

https://twitter.com/femfreq/status/897886510409687041

Which led to her followers deluging abuse on Dale and causing her to post this

https://archive.fo/qsJJf/e880abcb04650ea9d7819108591781c2dac46e4f

then delete her posts and hide her twitter for a few days while she dealt with the shitstorm of getting doxxed and harassed.

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/08/17/on-our-totalbiscuit-article

The editor elected to say the Journalist was wrong for writing the story and appologised to the people harassing her.

https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/898208422327443456

Totalbiscuit did what he always does then dusted off his old law degree and suggested he will sue Kotaku UK for libel

edit: its worth noting the widely recognised 'start' of gamergate was the 27th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Neo got real fat

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I know kung pao

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Bald-rear end baby hands having bloatee sporting middle aged video game opinion man wearing two dollar shades and drinking piss at midday to try and look sophisticated, I hope he falls down a manhole

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What were we talking about

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Crane Fist posted:

What were we talking about

the edit button

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'll edit your face

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i don't give a poo poo about totalbiscuit or anything about you-know-what, but it's pretty funny that he was making GBS threads blood for a while, ignored it, then went to a doctor months later and found out he had rear end cancer that could have been more easily treated had he decided to see one earlier
"How [insert website name here] Exploited Social Justice For Clicks"

get that OUT of my face has issued a correction as of 02:30 on Aug 24, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I saw "Sarkeesian" and "Total Biscuit". then my eyes glazed over and I don't remember the last 15 minutes. one moment I was at my desk and now I'm taking a poo poo.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I saw "Sarkeesian" and "Total Biscuit". then my eyes glazed over and I don't remember the last 15 minutes. one moment I was at my desk and now I'm taking a poo poo.

I evaluated it on it's merit's, compared and contrasted the rigor of the opposing points of view, then re-affirmed that centrists are scum.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hodgepodge posted:

lol 'salary'

Antifa types I know fall into two categories.

1. Too poor to afford 10bux to post on a dead gay comedy forum.
2. Make six figgies and pay 2k for a lovely apartment in (The Bay Area/Boston/NYC).

You can afford 10bux to post on a dead gay comedy forum, guess which category you're in.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The only really interesting bit of it was a trans woman was being accused of being a nazi sympathiser for interviewing a youtube children's (mental and actual) entertainer.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Check your posting privilege.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

OWLS! posted:

2. Make six figgies and pay 2k for a lovely apartment in (The Bay Area/Boston/NYC).

You can afford 10bux to post on a dead gay comedy forum, guess which category you're in.

sounds like extremists to me

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

OWLS! posted:

Sounds like you've met exactly two antifa

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Alright, there's category 1.5 that spends all of their disability money on guns and ammo and would not actively pay lowtax tenbux either.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I paid tenbux of my disability money to post here. :colbert:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
i am a wealthy antifa rawr hear me roar

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 230 days!

OWLS! posted:

believe it or not some broke people have had :10bux: to spend at some point in the last fifteen or so years

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Call Me Charlie posted:

You're posting in it.

But it's p. cool to be called a nazi apologist and a fascist for defending the ACLU, using their talking points and saying that physical violence is a bad response to speech

Hey so here's the thing this is not the first time people have gone whoa whoa whoa you can NOT just do violence at a Nazi for saying Nazi poo poo

Hell you can trace it back to

Lemme just check here

Oh yeah 1930s Germany

You can in fact do violence at a nazi, because their ideology is, in totality, violence, every word they speak is in service of that violence, and they have no compunction against doing a violence at you

You can't beat them by pointing at the rules because they don't give a gently caress about your rules

You beat them by making sure they know they will not be tolerated, whether that's getting them fired, shouting them down at rallies, or yes punching their fuckin teeth out of their skull

gently caress you and your insistence on nonviolence.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
There's nothing libs love more than following a losing strategy all the way into irrelevance

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

my view on punching nazis: i agree with the "it's good" crowd while also realizing that a lot of them are doing it for the clapter instead of any actual belief in things. that's the first and last thing i'll say about it

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

get that OUT of my face posted:

my view on punching nazis: i agree with the "it's good" crowd while also realizing that a lot of them are doing it for the clapter instead of any actual belief in things. that's the first and last thing i'll say about it

They should be disabused of that notion at high speed, too, namaste

If you stand shoulder to shoulder with people yelling blood and soil you deserve to get hit just as much as they do for supporting them

Probably more because a part of you knows it's wrong

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

staying true to my word, i got an email from medium this morning urging me to read a group of articles. i didn't get past the first one, provocatively titled "10 Reasons Why Bernie Sanders Must Be Stopped." googling tells me that this is all he's written about on medium for a while and that this is his twitter bio

not even a blue checkmark to his name, but give it time

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
That avvy goddamn

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

"pushback against conspiracy theories"

have you done an advanced search for "Russia" or "Kremlin" on his timeline?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

"pushback against conspiracy theories"

have you done an advanced search for "Russia" or "Kremlin" on his timeline?

https://twitter.com/search?l=&q=russia%20OR%20kremlin%20from%3Aroydelfino&src=typd&lang=en

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
https://twitter.com/RoyDelfino/status/892552648468987904

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
https://twitter.com/RoyDelfino/status/889012276576923650

theres reallly only about six tweets there, about 1% of his overall tweets

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

That avvy goddamn
it's like if thomas kinkaide and that right-wing painter from utah who explains every element to his works had a forbidden neoliberal love child

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

get that OUT of my face posted:

Just strike all military-age males based on metadata.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Agag posted:

Just strike all military-age males based on metadata.

I just go punch everyone, that way I know I get all the Nazis!

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
So uh if you are all for workers protections and against right to work, why are you championing an employer firing people for privately held political views they don't express in the workplace. Obviously if they were overtly nazi in the workplace they would be fired for it already.

Most business owners sure as gently caress aren't trade unionists or swampies so making firing people forpolitical views they don't express in the workplace totes legal is one of the most obvious bad ideas I can think of.

White nationalists are not nice people and deserve mockery but you need to think about what the actual results of your latest great idea is before you go charging off to do it. Social media seems to have convinced a generation that your public and private lives are the same and you should be ruined forever if you make the slightest slip up (being a nazi isn't a slight slip up obviously).

Much like the issue with reform and turning the process from vengeance to reform, you should be taking the lesson of not all Nazis or white nationalists are irredeemable.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Byolante posted:

So uh if you are all for workers protections and against right to work, why are you championing an employer firing people for privately held political views they don't express in the workplace. Obviously if they were overtly nazi in the workplace they would be fired for it already.

Most business owners sure as gently caress aren't trade unionists or swampies so making firing people forpolitical views they don't express in the workplace totes legal is one of the most obvious bad ideas I can think of.

White nationalists are not nice people and deserve mockery but you need to think about what the actual results of your latest great idea is before you go charging off to do it. Social media seems to have convinced a generation that your public and private lives are the same and you should be ruined forever if you make the slightest slip up (being a nazi isn't a slight slip up obviously).

Much like the issue with reform and turning the process from vengeance to reform, you should be taking the lesson of not all Nazis or white nationalists are irredeemable.

You would think that, but the people you are arguing with are fetishtizing violence against the ever expanding "other." They obviously aren't consistent in their beliefs and only talk about punching Nazi's because that is popular right now. I'm sure once the next Woke Woman movie comes out, they will get over it and not post about violence as often as a sociopath does.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Until they redeem themselves they deserve to be treated like poo poo, because they're poo poo. Namaste

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

You would think that, but the people you are arguing with are fetishtizing violence against the ever expanding "other." They obviously aren't consistent in their beliefs and only talk about punching Nazi's because that is popular right now. I'm sure once the next Woke Woman movie comes out, they will get over it and not post about violence as often as a sociopath does.

Lmbo

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Until they redeem themselves they deserve to be treated like poo poo, because they're poo poo. Namaste

I mean sure, Game of Thrones isn't that great, but I don't know why you'd constantly post about how poo poo those people are.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

I mean sure, Game of Thrones isn't that great, but I don't know why you'd constantly post about how poo poo those people are.

Ah yes because it's a short hop from Nazis are poo poo to people who like GoT are poo poo to exactly the same defree as Nazis

You got it in one guy who thinks this is all because of wonder woman

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Abusing people won't encourage them to change their ways, it will just teach them to hate yours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Byolante posted:

The only really interesting bit of it was a trans woman was being accused of being a nazi sympathiser for interviewing a youtube children's (mental and actual) entertainer.

a trans woman can be a nazi sympathizer or anything she wants 2

• Locked thread