Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Oof, right thread :ughh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

If we sign Van Dijk. I want his announcement video to be him 2 footing Coutinho, standing up and Sadio Mané puts the captains armband on him

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
*arises from the depths of a volcano* wrong thread

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

chuggo is BACK posted:

*arises from the depths of a volcano* wrong thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOnqjkJTMaA

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X-Mrc2l1d0

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
"Zidane's Trigger":

And from Bleacher Report:

Brony Car fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Aug 24, 2017

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That Zidane one. Wow. poo poo is criminally unfunny.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Barcelona should be one of the most prestigious and respected institutions in world sports. This hallowed club should be capable of attracting and retaining the absolute best soccer players around the globe, operating with a dignity and professionalism befitting such a revered club in an era that in large part will forever be marked by the club’s sustained, ineffable, revolutionary greatness.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

VvD costs circa £70M.

A cure for VD costs around $17 to cure gonorrhea.

Is the Virgil expensive or the van?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://twitter.com/MLS/status/901810708060528641

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
gg rename me Heineken Rivalry Week

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

MLS posts shouldn’t be allowed itt, it’s too easy.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Being an Arsenal supporter is like being a character in the Walking Dead universe. It just keeps getting worse and worse for you and when you struggle to be happy in your depression you start to remember the good old days (unbeaten season).

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

R. Guyovich posted:

Being an Arsenal supporter is like being a character in the Walking Dead universe. It just keeps getting worse and worse for you and when you struggle to be happy in your depression you start to remember the good old days (unbeaten season).

this doesn't check out because the walking dead never had an unbeaten season

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
It was during that euphoria that I witnessed a member of the local constabulary utterly defuse a situation and calm Sergio Aguero down after he had been spoken to by a steward as though he were a child. I would like to personally thank the police officer for acting so sensibly and not imposing the 'letter of the law'.

If he had arrested the Argentine striker, I dread to think the mayhem it would have caused - carting such a high-profile player off to Bournemouth police station, as he was perfectly entitled to do according to the 'letter of the law'. Thank goodness the officer didn't exercise such bullish behaviour. Perhaps referee Mike Dean might learn a thing or two about acting in the best interests of all concerned.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTKkAZnClpg

I feel kind of bad posting this. Maybe I'm falling for the joke. Like it's a very elaborate parody making fun of other fans?

Brony Car fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Aug 31, 2017

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009

Brony Car posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTKkAZnClpg

I feel kind of bad posting this. Maybe I'm falling for the joke. Like it's a very elaborate parody making fun of other fans?

nah we arsenal fans really are this gay and fail

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I always laugh at how angry these grown men get over football when I see this

Chillao
Jan 12, 2004
discerning gentleman
I think we're one of the three or four favourites for CL this year. Klopp has a great European record, and our record vs the top 6 in England is immense.

Honestly, I'm more worried about our chances of getting 6 points from Bournemouth or Huddersfield than I am about beating Real over two legs.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
The first sentence is bonkers but everything else is correct.

Conclusion: Wrong thread!

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
When he was with United I imagine Rooney was herming, gutter-drunk, through the double-parked streets of Alderley Edge in his Overfinch. The local bizzies would turn a blind eye. "There goes our Wazza", they would tut. Now he's left the Mancs he's fair game.
WHY DOES EVERYBODY HATE US??

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
#Bantz

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
:roflolmao:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

lol

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

:megaman:

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Wenger.

Over 20 years at the helm. Was a fan before him but he kept me a gooner when man utd came calling.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This list is all over the place

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

TheBigAristotle posted:

This list is all over the place

I will say I like the recognition of Kasper's involvement in the Leicester miracle (incredible season between the sticks from him and he was half the reason they could do counterattack football the way they did), but yeah, it's all over the place

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Tbh if you're gonna go with a crazy leftfield pick it should be Big Jussi

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
I've always loved the about turn on David James when he became the best England could muster for a while. He went from being viewed as absolute shite to a "good shot stopper", which is code for "absolute shite, but we can't say it"

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ChelseaAction/status/904297437019254784

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I'm thinking of writing an erotic novel on Arsenal

I've put a substantial amount of thought into this, and feel that I have identified a niche market. I'm making this thread to see if there's any particular demand for such material.

Over the past twenty years, one thing that has been massively overlooked is Wenger as a sex symbol. We can discuss his merits as a football manager and argue whether he was successful or not, but one thing that is particularly obvious to us is that despite his tender age there seems to be a very mysterious, almost sexual element to the way he operates and the way we perceive him. When he talks, you want to listen. There's a sexual aura surrounding him when he enters the room. There's a particular scent that draws you closer to him. Look at the way the man dresses, this is someone that has a lot of sex. Although none of this is documented.

49 shades of Wenger (49 is a tribute to the unbeaten run) aims to vividly capture what Wenger does behind closed doors with some of the players that he has attempted to lure in over the years. There is a reason why our stars have claimed Wenger was a major attraction to Arsenal, and this book will let you know why in as much detail as possible. I'm not going to ruin it for you, but I may post some excerpts if moderators will allow, in the coming days.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

I've put a substantial amount of thought into this, and feel that I have identified a niche market. I'm making this thread to see if there's any particular demand for such material.

Over the past twenty years, one thing that has been massively overlooked is Wenger as a sex symbol. We can discuss his merits as a football manager and argue whether he was successful or not, but one thing that is particularly obvious to us is that despite his tender age there seems to be a very mysterious, almost sexual element to the way he operates and the way we perceive him. When he talks, you want to listen. There's a sexual aura surrounding him when he enters the room. There's a particular scent that draws you closer to him. Look at the way the man dresses, this is someone that has a lot of sex. Although none of this is documented.

49 shades of Wenger (49 is a tribute to the unbeaten run) aims to vividly capture what Wenger does behind closed doors with some of the players that he has attempted to lure in over the years. There is a reason why our stars have claimed Wenger was a major attraction to Arsenal, and this book will let you know why in as much detail as possible. I'm not going to ruin it for you, but I may post some excerpts if moderators will allow, in the coming days.

Mods, please allow this.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Wrong thread

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

This is a lot of words to say "he's French"

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
http://deadspin.com/the-usmnt-doesnt-deserve-to-qualify-for-the-world-cup-1800851386

You Know Who posted:

Klinsmann wasn’t putting the available players in the best position to succeed, nor has Arena done much more than the absolute minimum to get them playing better, nor do any of the excuses Arena (who is and always has been bizarrely arrogant for how much of a mediocrity he is) comes up with to deflect blame from himself and his players—may we never hear any more talk from him about the demographics of the American cities that host USMNT matches, nor any more speculation about how Trump’s immigration policies may be inspiring the U.S.’s CONCACAF foes to try extra super hard to beat the supposed avatars of his tyranny—detract from the incontestable fact that the U.S. doesn’t have many good players and thus will always be constrained by the talent of the squad until the player pool is deepened.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

dreamking1 1 point 22 hours ago

What would it take to get an American team to join the English soccer pyramid? Would they have to start in the 5th or 6th division? Is it a requirement they have a resident town/city in England? Asking for a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

so the coaches are idiots, the players aren't good enough, and the president is a racist prick? how horrible, how dare they :argh: