Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

panascope posted:

This is what Hixson does and it always makes its points back.

They've literally made their points back once and are hot trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Broken Record Talk posted:

What's a Breacher cost? That seems like a good max.

20pts each for the first 10, 15pts for each extra up to 20 max.

That gives you Hardened Armour + Boarding Shield too. It makes Destroyers look even worse.

Cirith Ungol
Oct 12, 2015
What do you guys think of this list? Trying to run a Terror Assault list without using a Leviathan for a change.

2500 copy 2
Legiones Astartes

Centurion in Terminator armour: combi-bolter; chainfist; Trophies of Judgement

10 Terror Squad Executioners: Headsman (artificer armour; power fist; melta bombs); 9 Terror Squad Executioners; 9 × volkite charger
Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod

10 Terror Squad Executioners: Headsman (artificer armour; power fist; melta bombs); 9 Terror Squad Executioners; 9 × volkite charger
Drop Pod

10 Terror Squad Executioners: Headsman (artificer armour; Nostraman chainglaive); 9 Terror Squad Executioners; 9 × volkite charger
Drop Pod

10 Assault Space Marines: Assault Sergeant (artificer armour; power fist; melta bombs); 9 Assault Space Marines; 2 × power weapon

Javelin Attack Speeder Squadron
Javelin Attack Speeder: pintle-mounted multi-melta

Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron
Vindicator: hull-mounted laser destroyer array; pintle-mounted combi-bolter

Konrad Curze: Rite of War (Terror Assault)
3 Chosen Terminators: Terminator Standard Bearer (combi-weapon); 2 Chosen Terminators; 2 × combi-weapon; power fist; chainfist; plasma blaster
Land Raider Phobos: dozer blade

2,496 points

Cirith Ungol fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Aug 22, 2017

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Cirith Ungol posted:

What do you guys think of this list? Trying to run a Terror Assault list without using a Leviathan for a change.

2500 copy 2
Legiones Astartes

Centurion in Terminator armour: combi-bolter; chainfist; Trophies of Judgement

Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod

Drop Pod

10 Terror Squad Executioners: Headsman (artificer armour; Nostraman chainglaive); 9 Terror Squad Executioners; 9 × volkite charger
Drop Pod

10 Assault Space Marines: Assault Sergeant (artificer armour; power fist; melta bombs); 9 Assault Space Marines; 2 × power weapon

Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron
Vindicator: hull-mounted laser destroyer array; pintle-mounted combi-bolter

Konrad Curze: Rite of War (Terror Assault)
3 Chosen Terminators: Terminator Standard Bearer (combi-weapon); 2 Chosen Terminators; 2 × combi-weapon; power fist; chainfist; plasma blaster
Land Raider Phobos: dozer blade

2,496 points

Where does the Centurion go? He can't fit in the LR since Curze is Very Bulky.

Right now your solo vindicator and small assault squad seem like extremely ripe targets- I'd really consider doubling down on one and making it either a squadron of lazer tanks or a big assault squad (or raptors!) instead of the two understrength versions you have now. I'd consider giving your centurion a jump pack (and maybe making him a chaplain), scrapping the LR, upgrading the assault squad to raptors and putting Kurze and the hero in it, and then seeing if you can fit in another vindicator.

The volkite charger spam is adorable and extremely nasty, but I'd also consider making one or two of the terror squads more CC oriented- maybe the dreadclaw ones, since they can assault anyway?

Cirith Ungol
Oct 12, 2015
To be clear sorry, Curze deploys with assault squad and the Centurion deploys in land raider, unless someone brings a Typhon, in which case the cent just kind of hangs out. I've run a Chaplain with Curze before at 2500 it has always seemed like overkill. I only own one laser Vindi but I definitely need more... My poor wallet.

Cirith Ungol fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Aug 22, 2017

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Cirith Ungol posted:

My poor wallet.

:homebrew:HORUS HERESY:homebrew:

Ok, that makes a lot more sense. Given that, I think my only suggestion would be to cut the volkite off one of the units and have them be choppy. I also wouldn't expect too much out of the vindicator, since it's pretty fragile and the most obvious target in your list.

Cirith Ungol
Oct 12, 2015
Correct me if I am wrong, I am at work and can't look at unit entry at the moment. I am pretty sure Terror Squads are all equipped with pistol and chainsword as standard, the Volkite (or boltgun) being an additional weapon, not a replacement. I am pretty sure the squad only has access to some number of Heavy Chainswords instead of Volkites as the only other option and preffered enemy Volkites are so nice.

I was considering dropping the Vindicator for a apothecary in each Terror Squad but I have never run them and felt like I might be a bit light on anti armour. Incidentally, how do people model their apothecaries?

Cheers for your replies!

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Cirith Ungol posted:

Correct me if I am wrong, I am at work and can't look at unit entry at the moment. I am pretty sure Terror Squads are all equipped with pistol and chainsword as standard, the Volkite (or boltgun) being an additional weapon, not a replacement. I am pretty sure the squad only has access to some number of Heavy Chainswords instead of Volkites as the only other option and preffered enemy Volkites are so nice.

I was considering dropping the Vindicator for a apothecary in each Terror Squad but I have never run them and felt like I might be a bit light on anti armour. Incidentally, how do people model their apothecaries?

Cheers for your replies!

They can add Volkite Chargers, or Bolters, or Heavy Chainblades. Volkites can be fun, but you might consider the Heavy Chainblades; +2S and re-rolling 1s means you WILL do a metric crap-ton on wounds in close combat, which is where you really want your Terror Squads to be. 10 guys with Heavy Chainblades are going to kill around 5 Marines on the charge, which is pretty nasty.

As far as Apothecaries go, I'd use Forgeworld's Apothecary set, mixed with some bits from other Night Lords squads. The generic FW Apothecaries are pretty rad, but there are only 2 sculpts, so you can kitbash them a bit to add some uniqueness to each one. https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-BE/Space-Marine-Apthecary-Set

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
I slapped a narthecium on a calth guy for my one on foot:

Used the 40k ravenwing command kit to make a bike one too, but I don't have a photo of that one.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Started oil washing my Iron Warriors and I have a dilemma: do I give Shakin' Perty an oil wash too or do I leave him clean to stand out even more? I think that either way I'm washing the wrecked Titan on his base.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm in the middle of a move to my very own ham castle (basement), but I took a break to snap some overexposed cell phone pix of the things (some of them, there's a lot more) I've been cooking up over the last 6 months. These are in various states of completion, some are still early WIPs while others are mostly complete.

Preator / Chaplain. Really love this guy:

Siege Breaker. Only a proof of concept, but I also really like how he's coming together:

Navigator:

Dark Mechanicus magos. Did a pass to make him look less generic. He needs some fur and that's it:

Rapiers. These take forever to make because they are scratch built and I had to cast the rollers from OOP bits. Lots of goons helped me with this one by sending me the parts I needed. I planned to do 9 because I was an idiot, but I've cut it down to 6 which is a more reasonable goal.

They have all the options too:

Corpse Crows. My militia allies. I have about 40 done out of 100:

Praevian. Still early in the project, but this is the overall concept.

Vigilator. Blew up two tanks in the two games I used him as a proxy. As reward is to get painted:

Storm Sword for my Corpse Crows. I hated this thing when I first started the project, but it's shaped up a lot and I'm really starting to like it. The main gun is going to a huge short barreled mortar:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

BULBASAUR posted:

Dark Mechanicus magos. Did a pass to make him look less generic. He needs some fur and that's it:

These are great. Where's this axe from?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Thanks mang. Those are from the AOS Varanguard everchosen knights. You can pick them up separately from bits sellers every month or so.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

PantsOptional posted:

Started oil washing my Iron Warriors and I have a dilemma: do I give Shakin' Perty an oil wash too or do I leave him clean to stand out even more? I think that either way I'm washing the wrecked Titan on his base.

Perty is the goon primarch so why would he be clean???

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Make a custom Pert with a mini 40k table populated by epic scale minis.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

PantsOptional posted:

Post a pic of it to see if it needs washed or not.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Stanyer89 posted:

Post a pic of it to see if it needs washed or not.

Luckily my Foldio came in today so I'll post pics tonight and fulfill my toxx at the same time, after I'm done beating the pelts off these space woofs.

E: space woofs gave up and quit saltily so here are some lovely cellphone pics that are also literally my first lightbox pics and I probably don't know how to properly use it yet. I'll probably take better pictures later with a real camera.

Perty:

The Boys:

Family Photo:

TOXX FULFILLED

PantsOptional fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Aug 24, 2017

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
I started on Angron for my toxx. I think he's going to turn out well.

Once that's done, I really want to make a Matrix of Ruin. I can't stop thinking about it. The templates. THE TEMPLATES.

So far I have:

++ Matrix of Ruin (Mechanicum: Taghmata Army List) ++

+ HQ +

Magos Reductor [305pts]: Abeyant, Archmagos Reductor, Cyber-familiar, 2x Cyber-occularis, Djinn-skein, Paragon Blade, Rad Furnace, Rad Grenades

Converted from an iron circle domitar? Hard to avoid making a melee monster. Alternative is an HQ that hangs back and repairs...

+ Elites +

Myrmidon Secutors [475pts]: Triaros Armoured Conveyor
. Myrmidon Lord: 2x Phased Plasma-fusil
. Myrmidon Secutor: 2x Phased Plasma-fusil
. Myrmidon Secutor: 2x Maxima Bolter
. Myrmidon Secutor: 2x Maxima Bolter
. Myrmidon Secutor: 2x Graviton Gun

These guys roll with the HQ.

+ Troops +

Thallax Cohort [310pts]: 6x Heavy Chainblade, 6x Thallax, Ferrox

The Ferrox protect the artillery.

Thallax Cohort [160pts]: Photon Thruster, 3x Thallax

+ Heavy Support +

Krios Battle Tank Squadron [250pts]: Krios, Krios

Ordo Reductor Artillery Tank Battery [200pts]: Earthshaker cannons, Ordo Reductor Artillery x2

Ordo Reductor Artillery Tank Battery [215pts]: Medusa cannons, Ordo Reductor Artillery x2

Ordo Reductor Minotaur Battery [215pts]
. Ordo Reductor Minotaur: Armoured Ceramite

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance: Loyalist

Legio: Ordo Reductor

++ Total: [2130pts] ++

For the last 400 points I could take a super heavy or more tanks. I can't get this idea out of my head.

I'm not sold on the melee deathstar. Can just as easily make an HQ unit with conversion beakers and repair rolls. Frees points for a D gun.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Taking a vortex missile launcher as the LoW would be so Rogue Trader and fun.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

PantsOptional posted:

Luckily my Foldio came in today so I'll post pics tonight and fulfill my toxx at the same time, after I'm done beating the pelts off these space woofs.

E: space woofs gave up and quit saltily so here are some lovely cellphone pics that are also literally my first lightbox pics and I probably don't know how to properly use it yet. I'll probably take better pictures later with a real camera.

Perty:

Looks great, classic Stanyer to get mad about space wolves though.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

ijyt posted:

Looks great, classic Stanyer to get mad about space wolves though.

Naw, it wasn't him, it was some hamstore 40k spacewoofs.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Oil up the pert, I say

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Oil up the pert, I say

But you always say that and now we can't go back to that YMCA.

Baby's first 30k list:

++ The Age of Darkness (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [1500pts] ++

+ HQ +

Legion Praetor [172pts]: Cataphractii Terminator Armour, Chainfist, Digital Lasers, None, Volkite Charger

Moritat [115pts]: Artificer Armour, None, Volkite Serpenta, Volkite Serpenta . Consul: Moritat

+ Elites +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon [190pts] . Legion Contemptor Dreadnought: Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannons

Legion Terminator Squad [238pts]: Cataphractii Terminator Armour . Legion Terminator Sergeant . . Combi-Weapon . . . Combi-weapon: Combi-weapon: Meltagun . . Power Weapon: Power Maul . Legion Terminators: Chainfist . . Combi-Weapon . . . Combi-weapon: Combi-weapon: Plasma gun . Legion Terminators: Chainfist . . Combi-Weapon . . . Combi-weapon: Combi-weapon: Meltagun . Legion Terminators: Lightning Claw . . Combi-Weapon . . . Combi-weapon: Combi-weapon: Meltagun . Legion Terminators: Heavy Flamer . . Power Weapon: Power Sword

+ Troops +

Legion Tactical Squad [195pts]: 15x Legion Tactical Space Marines . Additional Wargear: Bolters, Legion Vexilla . Legion Tactical Sergeant: Bolter

Legion Tactical Squad [160pts]: Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines . Additional Wargear: Bolters . Legion Tactical Sergeant: Bolter

+ Fast Attack +

Xiphon Interceptor [205pts]

+ Heavy Support +

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank [225pts]: Accelerator Autocannon, Dozer Blade, Lascannon Sponsons, Multi Melta

+ Allegiance +

Legion and Allegiance: XIII: Ultramarines, Loyalist

++ Total: [1500pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

This is revised with suggestions below.

This is mostly using a Calth box plus a Xiphon and Sicaran from FW. To expand I'll add Guilliman and at least one Legion Heavy Support squad for anti-tank. Comments?

Beerdeer fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Aug 24, 2017

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

I hadn't considered the homoerotic aspect, oiling might be mandatory now...

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Give the Praetor something. If it's the Calth box I think he has a chainfist? Which isn't too bad if you're rolling with a squad so the sergeant can eat the challenges.

Ditch the Extra Armor on the Contemptor, and upgrayedd to a Kheres Assault Cannon.

Give all 5 Terminators combi-weapons of some kind, because they're cheap and useful. I'd recommend combi-plasma. Give the sergeant a Power Maul if you go with the idea of letting him take challenges for the Praetor. Since you'll likely have him fighting guys in 2+ armor the AP3 on the sword won't matter and the extra strength on the maul gives you a better chance of wounding. Who knows, you might luck out and clobber them before they can strike back!

Skip the Dozer Blades, it's too situational of an item for a transport that's gonna die anyway.

The Moritat's cool but will almost definitely die every game, so make peace with that. Remember to shoot his weapons last to benefit from Interlocking Tactics where possible.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Beerdeer posted:

Moritat [115pts]: Artificer Armour, None, Volkite Serpenta, Volkite Serpenta . Consul: Moritat

Comments?

Shine on you crazy diamond. :allears:

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Beerdeer posted:

Legion Terminator Squad [217pts]: Cataphractii Terminator Armour . Legion Terminator Sergeant: Combi-Bolter . . Power Weapon: Power Sword . Legion Terminators: Chainfist, Combi-Bolter . Legion Terminators: Chainfist, Combi-Bolter . Legion Terminators: Power Fist . . Combi-Weapon . . . Combi-weapon: Combi-weapon: Meltagun . Legion Terminators: Heavy Flamer . . Power Weapon: Power Sword

Lightning Claws over Power Swords, every time. You're not getting an extra attack either way, so Shred is the way to go.

Overall, your list looks pretty decent, given the restriction to stick to the Cath set + some goodies. The Xiphon and Sicaran are both fine additions. You might consider a ride for your Terminators as one of your next purchases; otherwise they're going to spend a lot of time walking and very little time killing.

Good little read up on Smurfs in the AGE OF DARKNESS: https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Space_Marine_Legion_List_(30k)#XIII_Legion:_Ultramarines

If you like Drop Pods, Orbital Assault might be the direction to go; the Storm Bolters on the Drop Pods make for a nice easy way to kick off Interlocking Tactics. Plus, it lets your Terminators Deep Strike, instead of walking like poors.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Battle Brothers! Judge my Zone Mortalis List!

++ Zone Mortalis - Attacker (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [1000pts] ++

+ Elites +

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad [215pts]: Veteran Tactics: Weaponmasters
. Legion Veteran Sergeant: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Bolter
. . Caedere Weapon: Twin Falax Blades
. Legion Veteran Space Marines: Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Chainsword or Combat Blade
. Legion Veteran Space Marines W/ Special Weapon: Bolt Pistol, Chainsword or Combat Blade, Meltagun
. Legion Veteran Space Marines W/ Special Weapon: Bolt Pistol, Chainsword or Combat Blade, Meltagun

The Red Butchers [290pts]: 4x Butcher Terminator, 4x Second Power Axe
. The Devoured: Chainfist, Power Fist, Second Power Axe

+ HQ +

Legion Praetor [150pts]: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Digital Lasers, None, Paragon Blade, Refractor Field

+ Troops +

Legion Assault Squad [345pts]: 14x Legion Assault Space Marines
. Additional Wargear: Combat Shields
. . Power Weapon: Power Axe
. Legion Assault Sergeant: Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs
. . Caedere Weapon: Excoriator Chainaxe

+ Allegiance +

Legion and Allegiance: Traitor
. XII: World Eaters: Blood Madness

Rite of War: Beserker Assault

++ Total: [1000pts] ++

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

How can the Devoured have a chainfist, powerfist, and two power axes?

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

panascope posted:

He's really really mad.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

PantsOptional posted:

I hadn't considered the homoerotic aspect, oiling might be mandatory now...

30k is 40k except all traces of heterosexuality has been purged and replaced with 10 foot tall buff dads that are obsessed with their battle brothers geneseed.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

panascope posted:

Please do not question the sanctity of the Battlescribe Datafiles tia

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Please do not question the sanctity of the Battlescribe Datafiles tia

Please call him Goro, or Machamp.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Speaking for fat primarchs I forgot to post this guy yesterday: Fat Golg:

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Your entire apartment is probably filled with a fine layer of cancer dust

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Hixson posted:

Your entire apartment is probably filled with a fine layer of cancer dust

Apartment? I'm living, breathing, walking cancer

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

BULBASAUR posted:

I'm posting cancer

:same:

Shazaminator
Oct 11, 2007
The power of Shazam compels you!

panascope posted:

Powerfist and chainfist on his hands, and then a power axe clutched in the toes of each foot.

It's like how Angron has a plasma pistol in one hand and his two axes held together in his other hand.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

BULBASAUR posted:

Thanks mang. Those are from the AOS Varanguard everchosen knights. You can pick them up separately from bits sellers every month or so.

Very cool. Follow-up Q, because I"m planning to replicate this: Where's his replacement hand from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
I'm gonna be detailing and fiddling with this thing for the rest of my life, but it's at least now at a point where I'd put it on a tabletop, so :toxx: completed. LAZER TANK