Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Node posted:

I've hit a wall with my Rathma necromancer. I managed to do a 70 grift so I can get primals, but that was with a lot of deaths. And I had to resort to having two Unitys with an immortal companion. I'm about paragon 480 or so. Can I beat higher level grifts with a very specific setup (relying on Rathma, skeletons and skeleton mages) or do I need to switch to a different build entirely?

This is me right now - https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Node-1599/hero/93648539 . I know I don't have the Endless Walk set complete, I have not been able to get a good Compass Rose after so many cubing. Same with Tasker and Theo.

I will admit I am not very good at dodging projectiles. Winged Assassins one shot me no matter what, and succubi/similar creatures can wipe me out before I even know I'm in danger.
Running Dayntee's Binding plus Decrepify would probably help quite a bit, and the added mobility from Blood Rush can be a lifesaver as well. I also use Esoteric Alteration instead of a third damage gem (Zei's in this case).

To be honest I got up to GR 75 for the conquest without ever using Simulacrum or Land of the Dead because the Rathma necro just shits out preposterous amounts of damage as it is. It absolutely is key to never let an enemy/projectile anywhere near you, though, so always stay behind your skeletons and consider summoning mages to block projectiles. (And kill everything you come across because you don't want stray monsters coming up behind you.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

My jewelry in rathma set is Haunted Visions / Krysbins / CoE / Evol

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
So I've beaten the first 2 seasonal challenge things. I'm not dying at all anymore, but everything takes freaking forever to kill.

Like, fighting Adria on Hard took literally 6-7 minutes of just sitting and clicking. I never saw my own health move.

It's like leveling as a healer spec in WoW. Doable, but loving boring.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Sounds like you're in need of some serious equipment upgrades. If you post your profile link, we can give you some pointers.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Annath posted:

So I've beaten the first 2 seasonal challenge things. I'm not dying at all anymore, but everything takes freaking forever to kill.

Like, fighting Adria on Hard took literally 6-7 minutes of just sitting and clicking. I never saw my own health move.

It's like leveling as a healer spec in WoW. Doable, but loving boring.

What the hell class are you playing that with a four piece set you can't even beat a boss on hard difficulty? Did you open the gifts and equip the green items?

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Guilty posted:

What the hell class are you playing that with a four piece set you can't even beat a boss on hard difficulty? Did you open the gifts and equip the green items?

He's playing Necro and the gift is rathma which doesn't get its major damage boost until six piece.

Still, having trouble on Hard if you're wearing a level 70 item in every slot seems worth looking into.

Dross fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Aug 24, 2017

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Not gonna lie, playing around on the PTR server and seeing that the top ranked Barbs are Whirlwind builds makes me super happy :allears:

I can't wait for this patch to go live. I've almost hit GR70 on the PTR server with the buffs, can't wait to do it for real.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Bust Rodd posted:

^^dude put tasker & Theo in your cube immediately, and take off t-pledge in favor of the bone armor necklace or a hellfire, without a compass rose it's just a Blackthornes

I've spent about 13k blood shards on gloves and Kadala hasn't pooped out a T&T yet. Good idea about the necklace, does bone armor become any good with that amulet? Or a passive I could get (in theory) from a hellfire?

MMAgCh posted:

Running Dayntee's Binding plus Decrepify would probably help quite a bit, and the added mobility from Blood Rush can be a lifesaver as well. I also use Esoteric Alteration instead of a third damage gem (Zei's in this case).

To be honest I got up to GR 75 for the conquest without ever using Simulacrum or Land of the Dead because the Rathma necro just shits out preposterous amounts of damage as it is. It absolutely is key to never let an enemy/projectile anywhere near you, though, so always stay behind your skeletons and consider summoning mages to block projectiles. (And kill everything you come across because you don't want stray monsters coming up behind you.)

The Dayntee's special is nice but like you said, monsters die so fast, and with it, the curse. So you have to keep recasting Decripify while also dealing with Singularity draining all your essence. Also I'm really bad at dodging projectiles because I have tunnel vision and am probably retarded.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Node posted:

I've spent about 13k blood shards on gloves and Kadala hasn't pooped out a T&T yet. Good idea about the necklace, does bone armor become any good with that amulet? Or a passive I could get (in theory) from a hellfire?

The Dayntee's special is nice but like you said, monsters die so fast, and with it, the curse. So you have to keep recasting Decripify while also dealing with Singularity draining all your essence. Also I'm really bad at dodging projectiles because I have tunnel vision and am probably retarded.

The bone armor necklace is awesome and boosts your passive damage resist as well as your storm damage with the thy flesh rune.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

T1g4h posted:

Not gonna lie, playing around on the PTR server and seeing that the top ranked Barbs are Whirlwind builds makes me super happy :allears:

I can't wait for this patch to go live. I've almost hit GR70 on the PTR server with the buffs, can't wait to do it for real.

The top ranked barbs right now in season are Whirlwind builds. It will probably be the same next patch/season, except the numbers will be bigger.

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
I decided to start playing this after a multiyear break; requested to join the LLJK Community with the same name as forums.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Gooch181 posted:

I decided to start playing this after a multiyear break; requested to join the LLJK Community with the same name as forums.

Are you sure you didn't request to join the LLJK Clan? I don't believe you need to request to join the community, you just click a button and you're in.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Guilty posted:

I only have 2 pieces, since, you know, I only beat the first 2 things.

And its not that I couldn't beat them, its that it was a loving slog.

Here is my necro: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Annath-1272/hero/93820124

For context, this is the Wizard I'm coming from in my normal playthrough: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Annath-1272/hero/66119417

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
gently caress You Fist of Az'turrasq

Haven't seen you in 800 Paragon levels and 1000 DB

That is all

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch

DrSeRRoD posted:

Are you sure you didn't request to join the LLJK Clan? I don't believe you need to request to join the community, you just click a button and you're in.

I totally didn't know there was a difference; thanks!

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Annath posted:

For context, this is the Wizard I'm coming from in my normal playthrough: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Annath-1272/hero/66119417

Your weapon NEEDS a socket. This is pretty much non-optional. Put your highest level emerald in it. You have multiple open sockets in other places as well.

Your first priority should be a better weapon.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Annath posted:

Get some damage via a better weapon. Either upgrade one at the cube (any 2h scythe will be a huge bump in damage) or at least craft a yellow level 70 2-hander and that should boost your dps. Rolling armor into crit on your helm and cooldown or vitality on your gloves to crit damage will help. Like was said above, you want a socket on your weapon so when you roll a decent 2h yellow, roll off vitality or a crappy stat and put the highest emerald that you can in there. Also, gems on your chest. Put some topazes in there. Get crit on your bracers and try for rings with crit/chd and a socket so that you can start using legendary gems from GRs. Hell, just taking the weapon and rings you gave to your templar will be upgrades.

Gooch181 posted:

I totally didn't know there was a difference; thanks!

You're welcome.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Annath posted:

Never use a yellow weapon, always use an orange or green one. Doesnt matter what it is at fresh 70, you can craft better ones at the black smith. You probably dont have a gift and a good emerald to use, but if you find a weapon with a socket, put the highest lvl emerald you can get in there ASAP. Do the challenge rift, and start putting items into your kanai's cube, that will give you a huge boost also.

Also on your wizard, you seem to have no weapon in your kanai's cube and a restraint for some reason. Never use a set item if you're not getting the set powers (unless you have no other options). Also dont use a puzzle ring.

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!

Annath posted:

My god you are using a blue shield and your cube is empty. I'm Strangepants #1244 if you want me to carry you through some high (ish) tier rifts.

I just switched my WD over from a LoN with random mismatched ancients build to an actual build: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Strangepants-1244/hero/92425803
I can to Tier 70 without dying already, although I sometimes run out of time. Any hints at what pieces I should update next?

Dr Strangepants fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Aug 24, 2017

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Dr Strangepants posted:

My god you are using a blue shield and your cube is empty. I'm Strangepants #1244 if you want me to carry you through some high (ish) tier rifts.

I just switched my WD over from a LoN with random mismatched ancients build to an actual build: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Strangepants-1244/hero/92425803
I can to Tier 70 without dying already, although I sometimes run out of time. Any hints at what pieces I should update next?

Sent you a requerst

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I couldn't really get Inarius Bonestorm Necro working for me until I found this guide:

https://youtu.be/FtghKZoa0iA

His build makes sense and let me finally eke out a GR70 despite only having started my character this past weekend and having a few ancient items. Video is super long but he's at least not rambly, just thorough in his explanations.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Bonestorm is not a pushing build, it tears through T13 though. T70-75 is near its limit of being any more efficient than any other non-speedfarming build.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
Thanks to the good Doctor, I have quite improved my gear!
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Annath-1272/hero/93820124

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Annath posted:

Thanks to the good Doctor, I have quite improved my gear!
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Annath-1272/hero/93820124

Keep rolling your weapon until you get a socket, but that's looking better! You should definitely be able to finish the season journey now to finish off your set.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Dross posted:

Bonestorm is not a pushing build, it tears through T13 though. T70-75 is near its limit of being any more efficient than any other non-speedfarming build.

This. It'll do an 80 but it's rough and requires some real choice gear.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah, everyone new needs to take some time to read a bit of icy veins and understand that there are two types of endgame builds, speed farming and pushing builds. It's rare that a build is both, so understand what your gear and skills are for and why.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Super rare instance where Kadala actually is useful.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Katamari Democracy posted:

Super rare instance where Kadala actually is useful.

Missing two critical stats 😐

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Hey I will take it compared to my non ancient one!

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Katamari Democracy posted:

Hey I will take it compared to my non ancient one!

If your non-ancient isn't enchanted yet, it's a lot lot better than the primal you got sadly for Rathma mages, roll vit to 6 crit and you're set.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Enchanted?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
They probably meant augmented.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Aug 25, 2017

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
No, enchanted as in rerolled a stat at the mystic.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Suspicious posted:

No, enchanted as in rerolled a stat at the mystic.
That makes more sense with the rest of their post. It's not enchanted; it doesn't have the icon.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Mainstat (and damage on weapons) is the only offensive stat that scales with ancient / augments, and it's ultimately less valuable on a per item basis than damage multipliers like chc/chd/elemental and skill bonuses. A normal helm with both 6% crit and 15% mage damage is superior to a primal with neither of those things even though the primal has a mainstat cap that is like 700 higher including augment. Especially given that the value of a single point of int shrinks as your paragon level rises, while the value of multipliers rises.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Dross posted:

Yeah I'm getting that sense from rolling through some 75's with a friend tonight.

I did pick up some primal Rathma's gloves though. Looks like there are some Rathma push builds, but it sounds like this season is basically Trag'Oul's blood lance or bust, yeah?

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Rathma is real good, just not for serious competitive grift pushing. You can still speed farm 80s with rathma, if that's the concern

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Clockwerk posted:

Rathma is real good, just not for serious competitive grift pushing. You can still speed farm 80s with rathma, if that's the concern

Do you have a link to a profile, or a video, that does this? I saw the one on icy veins. The guy had 49m toughness and I have no idea how he gets that much, when my build has 19m toughness and follows the guide very closely.

I'm getting better at getting behind my mages and protecting myself, but I can still get one-shotted by certain attacks various monsters can do. I have to use Final Service because of it, or else I'd die way too much.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I finally got my last piece of inarius because I wanted to try the Lazy Storm and even though I have only a few of the legendary gems and extra gear that I need, I am still comfortable in Torment level VIII which is the highest I've ever played. Good lord!

I don't have the rings, weapons, amulets of belts that I need. And I certainly don't have the pieces of inarius with the optimum statistics. I cannot reroll because I just don't have enough forgotten souls or deaths breaths yet, but as long as I can clear regular old rifts and get myself some keystones it is good fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

VideoGames posted:

I finally got my last piece of inarius because I wanted to try the Lazy Storm and even though I have only a few of the legendary gems and extra gear that I need, I am still comfortable in Torment level VIII which is the highest I've ever played. Good lord!

I don't have the rings, weapons, amulets of belts that I need. And I certainly don't have the pieces of inarius with the optimum statistics. I cannot reroll because I just don't have enough forgotten souls or deaths breaths yet, but as long as I can clear regular old rifts and get myself some keystones it is good fun!

That's the spirit!