Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Nuns with Guns posted:

The Moomin comics are fantastic, by the way, and everyone should grab the print collections or at least find some scans online to read

That is absolutely correct. Nobody should be put off by Bravest having one as an avatar for a while.

They aren't even particularly hard to get: https://www.amazon.com/Moomin-Complete-Jansson-Comic-Strip/dp/1894937805/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1503271372&sr=8-1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
They're almost as good as Clevin Protagonist.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Bravest is the best poster in BSS.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Moomins sometimes come through newspaper comic thread.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

E: Whoops, wrong thread

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Bravest is the best poster in BSS.

:agreed:

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Back before the clevining that happened here someone posted Last Halloween as a good sfw comic.

Good yes but I would not exactly call it safe for work. Despite being a comic about a small child it has both a bit of nudity and a good deal of ultraviolence.

Both of those seem done now that the scene as been set so probably sfw to keep up but I wouldnt archive binge personally.

Still a very good comic and more worth talking about than SFP.

Also the author did an educational dinosaur comic book thing thats quite fun.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

GlyphGryph posted:

Back before the clevining that happened here someone posted Last Halloween as a good sfw comic.

Good yes but I would not exactly call it safe for work. Despite being a comic about a small child it has both a bit of nudity and a good deal of ultraviolence.

Both of those seem done now that the scene as been set so probably sfw to keep up but I wouldnt archive binge personally.

Still a very good comic and more worth talking about than SFP.

Also the author did an educational dinosaur comic book thing thats quite fun.

Aw poo poo, sorry about that. It's been a while since I binged it, so I completely forgot about any nudity, and didn't even think about the ultraviolence.

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
has anybody itt ever successfully become a webcomic

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I have been continuously updating for years now, and I've even had a few guest artists illustrate my anatomy.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm a webcomic that never got off the ground and is still in planning but totally going to go up one day soon guys promise and that schedule of three times a week is never going to change either!

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I've been on hiatus since 2006 but I still post holiday special pages at Halloween and Christmas and have a table at every con there is

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I miss updates all the time and my art sucks poo poo.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I've been in extremely unedited text-only updates for two years now, like a Dickens serial about what if videogames we're real and sexy

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Today's Bad Machinery, featuring: an all too believable characterization of a child.

:ughh: drat it Scout.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Fish Noise posted:

A Nick Robinson sequence, then. After that:

Whoah, what? I knew he got fired but not much more than that.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.
I'm surprised no one brought up the fact that Clevin is very clearly the author's self-insert. There are many layers to this characters and by that I mean two: wish fulfillment and creepy as gently caress.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

anti-magic posted:

I'm surprised no one brought up the fact that Clevin is very clearly the author's self-insert. There are many layers to this characters and by that I mean two: wish fulfillment and creepy as gently caress.

As I mentioned in the other thread, dude's either going to die, or come in and be an awful shitheel because the main girl is hanging out with her It's Complicated Other.

If neither happen, this comic is worse than I thought

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Burkion posted:

As I mentioned in the other thread, dude's either going to die, or come in and be an awful shitheel because the main girl is hanging out with her It's Complicated Other.

If neither happen, this comic is worse than I thought

It's the author's self-insert, that fucker is never dying or if he does his loving long lost twin (Blevin) will slide in to maintain an adequate level of Clevin in the comic.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Alternatively: Clevin will die, horribly, and it will be in the most horribly melodramatic, tacky, self-aggrandizing way possible.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
He's going to die. What other purpose is there for the character?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Typical Pubbie posted:

He's going to die. What other purpose is there for the character?

anti-magic posted:

It's the author's self-insert

PMush Perfect posted:

self-aggrandizing

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

anti-magic posted:

Which one? I know one of them's a woman, but they both look pretty Clevin.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Pavlov posted:

Which one? I know one of them's a woman, but they both look pretty Clevin.
The guy writing it. He's the one we can blame for Clevin being such a Clevin.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

the author's self insert is clevin

the artist's draws herself as the protagonist

this leads to bad places

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Huh. Guess it's really only a matter of time before the whole comic goes up in a blaze of internet drama glory, then.

:munch:

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
i am actually blevin irl

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

the old ceremony posted:

i am actually blevin irl

post your webcomic

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
related, from the K6BD thread:

Operant writes and draws Kill Six Billion Demons

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
It's not surprising the creator of K6BD is a man of exquisite taste.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Straight White Shark posted:

I appreciate the clevin effortposting (clevinposting), I've been tuning out SFP since pre-clevin and was completely oblivious to where this clevin thing was coming from.

Cleffortposting.

I mean come on it was right there people.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Mods please rename the thread to Webclevins Thread 4: Pretty much just clevins about clevins

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Mods please rename the thread to Webclevins Thread 4: Pretty much just clevins about clevins

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Wilde Life is putting out some really gorgeous artwork lately.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
quick question: Was a comic self titled 'strong female protagonist' ever good enough that clevin actually ruined anything?

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Motherfucker posted:

quick question: Was a comic self titled 'strong female protagonist' ever good enough that clevin actually ruined anything?
no, lol

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

It showed some promise at first, the rough bits possible to wave off as growing pains. It just turned out that, nope, that wasn't something we were going to get less of.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

haha you think the guy who couldn't recognize a Kate Beaton comic and got really mad about one posted in the funny panels thread pays any attention to these webcomic discussions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

BSS has a whole subforum, we're limited to a few small threads.

Face it folks, we're the weird ones here.

• Locked thread