Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Wow queues to get into the game. Havent had those for ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

NPR Journalizard posted:

Wow queues to get into the game. Havent had those for ages.

Think the Aus server farm got eaten by drop bears. Got disconnected and can't get back in.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Yeah servers are doing some weird poo poo rn

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Raged posted:

Think the Aus server farm got eaten by drop bears. Got disconnected and can't get back in.

Yeah, I cant either. Just hangs on the zone loading screen.

Annoying because I just finished a map, and was zoning back to my HO to unload and then wanted to get all the loot from the bosses. I know I saw another unique drop and now I will never know what it was.

edit : nope, singapore is working fine and i got it and it was a goredrill. Also, there is sweet gently caress all difference in ping between the two.

NPR Journalizard fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Aug 24, 2017

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

I've been farming abyss a lot and have gotten like 30 kaom's heart div cards and the 'scam culture' surrounding that card is funny. Always like 15 people whisper you an insane lowballs right away, also have had four people now who put the wrong amount of chaos in the trade window hoping I wouldn't notice, like 5 chaos in 1 size stacks.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Yeah I think it's poo poo the bed for everyone

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I'm playing a different elemental build on HC currently. Reflect works the same for everyone.

Yeah? Wow good to know. :jerkbag:

Unless you're actually reflect immune you can easily blow yourself up with how much damage Ngamahu does. Got caught offguard in Legacy and died to the stupid albino reflect porcupine for example.

Even needing a flask is risky if you face some reflect Nullifier.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Kild posted:

Unless you're actually reflect immune you can easily blow yourself up with how much damage Ngamahu does. Got caught offguard in Legacy and died to the stupid albino reflect porcupine for example.

Better not play any build that does direct damage then, it's just not safe!

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
What do you guys use as your t14 maps? Don't have any completed right now, but that seems dumb, since I would probably get more t15s of I ran them.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mr. Despair posted:

Just like the majority of the HC ladder then.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Eezee posted:

What do you guys use as your t14 maps? Don't have any completed right now, but that seems dumb, since I would probably get more t15s of I ran them.

I like mineral pool, springs, shaped reef.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

So the Xbox launch is today, idk if this thread should update with that, or if someone who owns an Xbox should make a new one?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Mr. Despair posted:

Pollyzoid
Nov 2, 2010

GRUUAGH you say?
^^^

Kild posted:

Run a Sibyl's Lament if you're afraid of exploding to a reflect mob. Just having the 25% reduced reflect pantheon is enough for me, with a ruby flask to be safe.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mr. Despair posted:

welcome to hc

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dreadarc

I've got maybe 5 or 6 Jewelers orbs. I have 3 sockets on this right now, but a 4th would be nice. Would I probably waste all of my orbs trying to get 1 more socket on this thing?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Dennis McClaren posted:

I've got maybe 5 or 6 Jewelers orbs. I have 3 sockets on this right now, but a 4th would be nice. Would I probably waste all of my orbs trying to get 1 more socket on this thing?

1-handed weapons (and anything that you can dual wield, or put in offhand like shields) has a maximum of three sockets - sometimes less, if it's low level

So no, 3 sockets is the best you'll do on that weapon

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Lprsti99 posted:

Well, I'm bad at actually evaluating builds, but one thing I notice right off is you are waaaay overcapped on resists. Elemental Weakness maps only drop your Resistances by 34%, and I don't think there's anything else that will drop them other than monsters that cast individual curses. Like, you could swap the boots over to something that has high life, movespeed and some lightning res and you'd be in roughly the same spot, but with more life.

FYI I grabbed a Lioneye's and Divinarius and my resists are all at 110-115% now. Updated my all resist ring. Made the hat 4L and swapped Enfeeble for Warlord's mark.
https://pastebin.com/b1tUMddt

Life went from 4559 to 5326, DPS from 79k to 87k. I could get 5k DPS from getting Throatseeker but jewels look like my best bet for now. I could use life on boots but those have so many resists I will have to wait until I get some stupid valuable drop or an exalt to get life there.

This is without Aspect of Carnage as I have ONE ascendancy trial left and I don't want to think about how many maps I've run trying to get it. The wiki says the trials only appear on low level (1-6?) maps, is there any differentiation within that? I am missing the fifth trial. I also am so bad at trials my I have to ask myself if the trial is worth losing my entire xp bar.

Trials are awful with Dark Pact. I need a ranged attack I can slot for areas where I need to knock out totems. Or at least one that doesn't take 12% of my HP with every cast with spell echo.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Araganzar posted:

FYI I grabbed a Lioneye's and Divinarius and my resists are all at 110-115% now. Updated my all resist ring. Made the hat 4L and swapped Enfeeble for Warlord's mark.
https://pastebin.com/b1tUMddt

Life went from 4559 to 5326, DPS from 79k to 87k. I could get 5k DPS from getting Throatseeker but jewels look like my best bet for now. I could use life on boots but those have so many resists I will have to wait until I get some stupid valuable drop or an exalt to get life there.

This is without Aspect of Carnage as I have ONE ascendancy trial left and I don't want to think about how many maps I've run trying to get it. The wiki says the trials only appear on low level (1-6?) maps, is there any differentiation within that? I am missing the fifth trial. I also am so bad at trials my I have to ask myself if the trial is worth losing my entire xp bar.

Trials are awful with Dark Pact. I need a ranged attack I can slot for areas where I need to knock out totems. Or at least one that doesn't take 12% of my HP with every cast with spell echo.

buy dream trial prophecies, they give a much higher chance of trials spawning

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Dennis McClaren posted:

Don't socket things in weapons while leveling. You'll be swapping out to something else at fairly regular intervals and linking a bunch of leveling weapons gets expensive

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Just started playing PoE this week and I am amazed at how many people I see running around with the $480 armor and forums titles. Good on GGG I suppose if they have the hardcore following willing to spend that much on a game. They got $10 out of me for the currency tab, and I can't really see any reason to spend more than that, but to each their own.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Yeah that's what I thought two years ago too.

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

Prophecy120 posted:

Just started playing PoE this week and I am amazed at how many people I see running around with the $480 armor and forums titles. Good on GGG I suppose if they have the hardcore following willing to spend that much on a game. They got $10 out of me for the currency tab, and I can't really see any reason to spend more than that, but to each their own.

I've played this game for thousands of hours over several years. I'm more than happy to pick up a supporter pack now and again. I've probably given them around £150 by now and think it's not only well worth it, but very cheap entertainment compared to almost anything else I spend money on.

Plus I get to play dress up.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

That's why i always run warchief totems when I do HC. I live by my own advice :colbert:

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

dyzzy posted:

Yeah that's what I thought two years ago too.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Kild posted:

I've tried avatar of fire slayer ngamahu on standard a bit, reflect never felt safe enough with only 25%. Never tried using the ring, but I just preferred raider with high dodge or berserker massive leech because there were a lot less random deaths. Especially the raider, really fun and fast while being surprisingly safe.

That said never have played on hc, so add grains of salt as needed.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Mr. Despair posted:

That's why i always run warchief totems when I do HC. I live by my own advice :colbert:

Dont stop there, I personally only run warchief totems, at all, ever.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010
So I found Darkray boots last night and got me thinking of doing a Frenzy build. Looking at using a bow as main weapon. I found the Doomfletcher build but that seems super expensive. Is there another bow build that is like Doomfletcher in the aspect I can change it up a bit for frenzy charges and have a ton of DPS to wreck anything.

Thanks!

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

funmanguy posted:

I've tried avatar of fire slayer ngamahu on standard a bit, reflect never felt safe enough with only 25%. Never tried using the ring, but I just preferred raider with high dodge or berserker massive leech because there were a lot less random deaths. Especially the raider, really fun and fast while being surprisingly safe.

That said never have played on hc, so add grains of salt as needed.

Yeah basically was seeing if Slayer was safe enough but it looks like it's not so it's probably better off Zerker.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Fixit posted:

So I found Darkray boots last night and got me thinking of doing a Frenzy build. Looking at using a bow as main weapon. I found the Doomfletcher build but that seems super expensive. Is there another bow build that is like Doomfletcher in the aspect I can change it up a bit for frenzy charges and have a ton of DPS to wreck anything.

Thanks!

Tornado Shot Raider might be your thing?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Kild posted:

Yeah basically was seeing if Slayer was safe enough but it looks like it's not so it's probably better off Zerker.

Either way it should be fun. I would seeing the character as it progresses and whatnot.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

Valle posted:

Tornado Shot Raider might be your thing?

Looks fun! Almost same as Doomfletcher, but without Doomfletcher. Would I take Vaal Pact off if I wanted to run Uber Labs with this build?

Do most builds now recommend a Kaom's plate? Should I be farming for the div cards for one since I cannot afford one?

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

..btt posted:

I've played this game for thousands of hours over several years. I'm more than happy to pick up a supporter pack now and again. I've probably given them around £150 by now and think it's not only well worth it, but very cheap entertainment compared to almost anything else I spend money on.

I gave them some money to get a currency tab and I have to say if you are playing this game it's probably worth eating ramen noodles one night to get it. It's so good I about jizzed in my pants when I saw it. Each currency has its own spot and they stack up to 5,000, but the default click still pulls just one stack into your inventory.

This has been a paid announcement for jizz in your pants currency tabs.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Phobophilia posted:

What's a good 2-handed sword skin? Not a fan of the starforge 3d art, it's too flashy and mystical for something that does pure physical damage. I quite like the new colossal sword they've previewed, because it's relatively grounded. But if I don't want to pay for that, what looks good?

Dancing Dervish looks cool if you cant find an Edge. Oro's also has 3d art.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
How badly do you want to annul this

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Fixit posted:

Looks fun! Almost same as Doomfletcher, but without Doomfletcher. Would I take Vaal Pact off if I wanted to run Uber Labs with this build?

Do most builds now recommend a Kaom's plate? Should I be farming for the div cards for one since I cannot afford one?

I do uber lab with vaal pact on, but ymmv. I've played for a while and gotten used to most traps though. If you pick the god that gives you life flask charges you should be good regardless.

As for Kaom's plate...I went with grace and Queen of the Forest instead. Of course, a 6l QotF is actually slightly more expensive than a Kaom's, but if you can make do with a 5l they're fairly cheap. Less life but gottagofast!

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Araganzar posted:

I gave them some money to get a currency tab and I have to say if you are playing this game it's probably worth eating ramen noodles one night to get it. It's so good I about jizzed in my pants when I saw it. Each currency has its own spot and they stack up to 5,000, but the default click still pulls just one stack into your inventory.

This has been a paid announcement for jizz in your pants currency tabs.

I plan to drop some money on stash tabs, but I'm waiting for a sale. Are the sales usually 50% off?

Also do armor sets ever go on sale? I don't mind spending about $30-40 on a good game, but after buying tabs, I can't justify buying the Gloom armor unless I can get everything half off. (Gloom Armor is extremely my jam.)

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Armor sets do go up on the daily sales, usually for like 30-40% off

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Jusupov posted:

How badly do you want to annul this

Real bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

NofrikinfuN posted:

I plan to drop some money on stash tabs, but I'm waiting for a sale. Are the sales usually 50% off?

Also do armor sets ever go on sale? I don't mind spending about $30-40 on a good game, but after buying tabs, I can't justify buying the Gloom armor unless I can get everything half off. (Gloom Armor is extremely my jam.)

Don't think the sales are that deep.

Stash tabs go on sale every 3 weekends, and I think the last one was 2 weekends ago.