Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I just used a t2 ticket on Jane because I needed her bios to level the last BO (Black Dwarf) to 60.

Oh well. She'll probably collect dust with most of my other T2s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
It's not like she's bad, she just not life changing.

I still use Lincon + Thors pretty regularly.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Should I T2 Vulture or Rogue?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Still keeping me up at night: Jean or Thanos?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Dave posted:

Jean.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

punchymcpunch posted:

floor 28 or something gave me a choice of a combat rumble or a combat rumble which was really awesome and i was forced to waste sharon there

I'm stuck on Stage 14 because I have the option of combat rumble, combat rumble, or combat rumble with Lash as the boss. And since I had a ton of combat only choices I'm out of all my blasters and have like 10 people who can win a stage but can't do poo poo in a combat rumble.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

The Dave posted:

Should be Jean in a landslide

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

just get both, they use different mats

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

The Dave posted:

Jean is better at everything except extreme alliance battle because there isn't a day for her to shine. Thanos with the new uniform is also really really good though so if you think he's cool you won't be disappointed.

They can both autorun 12-7 and 12-8. They can both ace literally every timeline battle if you play manually, and both will ace most of them but not all if you play it on auto, but Jean is easier to play and requires less skill/luck. They both dominate in their respective battleworlds if u care (lol). They're both top tier at Risk but Jean has the edge there because of her leadership and 2 lives passive. Thanos is better at XAB becacuse there's a universal supervillain day that he's best in slot at, but Jean is much better at WBU because she has more DPS.

Basically uniformed Thanos has a bit more survivability but Jean has a lot more DPS.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

WBU might seal the deal for me. Time to sink a lot of time and gold into her!

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Really not pleased that the maintenance started early, maybe one run into popping the special. Got the day's crystals, but still rude.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I missed the daily crystals. That annoyed me. Hopefully I'm just aware enough to check in tomorrow morning before it resets. Luckily I managed to finish my Special and Dimension runs before it started. It kicked in basically a minute after I was done when I was trying to collect my challenge prizes and burn off energy.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

When's maintenance supposed 2 be done?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

fart simpson posted:

When's maintenance supposed 2 be done?

12am pst

jjef
Jul 25, 2008
Hey guys I need some help.

I just started playing this game and took the advice in the first post about maxing out Sharon Rogers ASAP. I got her at lvl 60 and 6 red stars and played through the story mode to Chapter 11.

What should I be focusing on now as a new player? There is so much stuff to do in this game and I'm overwhelmed and bit nervous that I'm not playing it right. Could you possibly give me some direction?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

jjef posted:

I just started playing this game and took the advice in the first post about maxing out Sharon Rogers ASAP. I got her at lvl 60 and 6 red stars and played through the story mode to Chapter 11.

What should I be focusing on now as a new player? There is so much stuff to do in this game and I'm overwhelmed and bit nervous that I'm not playing it right. Could you possibly give me some direction?

Jean Grey is pretty good

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

jjef posted:

theres an icon that shows you most of the stuff you can do each day and if youve done it or not, i forget what its called but youll find it. do as much stuff as you can / have time for. try to do the daily challenges for free crystals. try to run three rifts in hot time but really try to get at least one for the gold because youll always need gold but try for 3 cos thr energy you get is useful and youll always need cards and uniform kits. try to get at least 3 6* characters so you can do a world boss a day with sharon and start working towards a native t2 character. try to do the dr strange and wolverine epic quests as best you can.

if you have spare energy run wbi and if you run out of characters for that farm up a story mode character.

yeah, its a lot! theres nearly always something you can be doing.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

also if you got the gold make sure you donate to the alliance each day, you get tokens you can use on black order mats or bio selectors

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007

jjef posted:

It's Reddit, but this guide for new players is worth a look.

jjef
Jul 25, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

theres an icon that shows you most of the stuff you can do each day and if youve done it or not, i forget what its called but youll find it. do as much stuff as you can / have time for. try to do the daily challenges for free crystals. try to run three rifts in hot time but really try to get at least one for the gold because youll always need gold but try for 3 cos thr energy you get is useful and youll always need cards and uniform kits. try to get at least 3 6* characters so you can do a world boss a day with sharon and start working towards a native t2 character. try to do the dr strange and wolverine epic quests as best you can.

if you have spare energy run wbi and if you run out of characters for that farm up a story mode character.

yeah, its a lot! theres nearly always something you can be doing.

Ripley posted:

It's Reddit, but this guide for new players is worth a look.

Thanks for the help. This is a whole lot to take in, haha. I'll go through all of it and hopefully I can start getting the hang of this.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
What was the maintenance for?

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Datasmurf posted:

What was the maintenance for?

Netmarble posted:

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

We will be taking down the servers for a planned maintenance period. During this time you will be unable to access the game as the servers will be down. This maintenance will allow us to attempt a few back side changes as well as the following modifications:

1. Gear Re-rolling price changed from 1 Gold back to a normal price.
2. Fixed an issue with Spiderman 2099's skill cooldown time showing incorrectly with Deadly Rake (1★) and Spider Mirage (6★)
3. Server Stabilization
4. Shadowlands floor 13 Hit Point changes.

After the recent Shadowland changes, we have found that stage 13 was more difficult to complete than the floors around it. Due to this we are modifying HP of characters that appear on this floor so they are comparable to the difficulty of the stages around it.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The thing that really bugs me with SL now are these wave stages where I have to kill all the goons to complete the wave. There's real challenge it's just the time sink waiting for them to spawn and then kill them, only a select few of my characters can pull it off.

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS
I don't know if anyone else noticed, but as part of the Thanos event, all costumes are 40% of tomorrow. I've saved up 4,720 crystals so far, so I'm super excited to make it rain and maybe finally make some more significant progress in Shadowlands. I also had no idea how much Elsa Bloodstone sucks without a costume, even at tier 2.

Barkhawk
Dec 23, 2006

Application sent to Doctor Goons as justbark

jjef
Jul 25, 2008
I heard Loki is good (correct me if I'm wrong please) and I'm two biometrics from unlocking him. Should I buy his alternate uniform now in advance while it's on sale? The uniform is 500 crystals now, down from 1250..

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

This is a new low for uniform prices, spend it!

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Did they announce the "Spend Gold And Get Prizes!" limited event beforehand and i just missed it didn't bother reading any messages?

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I'm trying to figure out what to spend gold on. I've already rerolled a ton of iso sets and donated 1 million to my alliance, but I'm still far away from spending the max.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Datasmurf posted:

I'm trying to figure out what to spend gold on. I've already rerolled a ton of iso sets and donated 1 million to my alliance, but I'm still far away from spending the max.

Urus are an endless gold pit...

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
True, but I don't really have many URUs.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Datasmurf posted:

True, but I don't really have many URUs.

level 6 skills

porkinson
Jan 20, 2015

If you don't have everything upgraded in your lab yet, I just spent 3mil upgrading my shop.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

level 6 skills

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Just reinstalled this after 250 days of freedom. I used to run Ultron/FemLoki/Silk at 5-6*.

I came back to a free 6* and 5x 100 characater token selectors. Is there anything really amazing I could pick or is the rule still pick who you like?

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

It's easy to hit 10mill but i also spent the morning fusing up some BAMs to bring Thanos up from 4* to 5* and that probably would have been more useful if i had waited about two hours. Such is life and it's looking like getting our boy Tane House a proper ISO set is going to bring me pretty far up the way anyway.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I don't see the rewards to be worth it enough to care.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Just reinstalled this after 250 days of freedom. I used to run Ultron/FemLoki/Silk at 5-6*.

I came back to a free 6* and 5x 100 characater token selectors. Is there anything really amazing I could pick or is the rule still pick who you like?

Get Sharon Rogers.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

Get Sharon Rogers.

Saw that in the OP but didn't see her in the list until I went back. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Saw that in the OP but didn't see her in the list until I went back. Thanks!

Don't forget to pick up her Starlight uniform too, while it's on sale; takes her from excellent to incredible.