Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
What's the latest on Odell's injury? Still likely to be out at least week 1?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

How big is the gap between Gronk and Travis Kelce in goon's opinions?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

What's the latest on Odell's injury? Still likely to be out at least week 1?

Aiming to play week 1, but may miss a week or two.

Ty1990 posted:

How big is the gap between Gronk and Travis Kelce in goon's opinions?

Not as big as you'd think, in my opinion. Especially since Gronk will probably miss games due to injury as always.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Mikey Purp posted:

Time for my annual, help me figure out my keepers in this Really Complicated Keeper League post!

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, .5 PPR, 6 PT Passing TDs.

For keepers, each player is assigned a point value based on the round where they were drafted last year. You can keep up to 10 points worth of players for free, and above that you have to give away draft picks to make up the difference as follows:

1st rounder: 5 points
2nd rounder: 4 points
3rd rounder: 3 points
4th rounder: 2 points
5th rounder: 1 point

You can keep a maximum of 16 points worth of players.

Here are my options:
Matt Ryan - 5 points
Derek Carr - 6 points
Lesean McCoy - 6 points
Todd Gurley - 5 points
Julio Jones - 8 points
Julian Edelman - 5 points
Keenan Allen - 5 points
Jameson Crowder - 2 points

Currently leaning towards keeping Matt Ryan and Keenan Allen with no pick penalty, but it actually may be in my best interest to just lock in Ryan and Carr for a 5th since they should be a pretty deadly duo again this year in a 2QB 6 pt TD league.

Questions? Thoughts?

Shameless repost. Please feel free to make other suggestions but the two options that seem most valuable to me are these:
1. Matt Ryan and Derek Carr, giving up a 5th round pick
2. Matt Ryan and Keenan Allen, giving up no picks

Which would you rather have in a 2QB, 6pt TD league?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

RCarr posted:

Aiming to play week 1, but may miss a week or two.

Thanks. I draft fourth next week and will probably be getting him, as long as he doesn't completely break between now and then.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Question for you league managers.

Im starting a 12 person league with a 20$ buy in.

Payouts look like this

1st: 140$
2nd: 60$
3rd: 20$

Which leaves 20. What is a good way to incentive people to keep up with the league so they have a chance for that 20. I was thinking something like "Highest weekly total"

But I am looking for other ideas that people might have.

Thoughts?

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Aug 24, 2017

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Mikey Purp posted:

Shameless repost. Please feel free to make other suggestions but the two options that seem most valuable to me are these:

Depends on your leaguemates, I think. What will the QB landscape look like after keepers are chosen? Carr is probably more valuable than Keenan in a vacuum, but if there will be plenty of low QB1/high QB2 guys thrown back, keeping Keenan and the 5th might make more sense.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Papes posted:

I agree with the first part, but Henry in that case is more valuable to every player in the league who didn't draft Murray. There won't be many weeks where starting both will be viable.

I think you could've spent last season starting Coleman and Freeman weekly and found yourself winning. The Titans have the potential to have that type of one-two punch based on how they love to run the football.

I'm not shying away from a good to potentially great player because he happens to be on the same team as another good player. Give me all the good players. :D

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

OxySnake posted:

All right goons, how bad did I mess this up.

14 Team .5 PPR 2WR / 2RB / 1Flex 200$ Auction.

Keepers are Marked with a K

QB: Luck (16), Cutler (1)
RB: Woodhead (K: 24), Todd Gurley (35), Mark Ingram (32), Rex Burkhead (3), Jamaal Williams (2), James Conner (1)
WR: Michael Crabtree (K: 10), Stefon Diggs (24), Keenan Allen (24), Sammy Watkins (20), Robby Anderson (1)
TE: Hunter Henry (5)

DST / K: Already have waivers in to drop them for Cameron Brate and Robert Turbin.

I got stuck with Henry and Watkins when I tried to up the bids and everyone backed out.

I got Luck and the Colts homer in my league took 2 extra QBs to prevent me from having anyone to back him up until he gets back. (Stafford, Bradford).

I wouldn't have spent 16 on Luck, I think Woodhead kept at 24 is way too high. I wouldn't spend more than 15 on him. Ingram seems like an overpay to me, I wouldn't pay more than 25 unless he was literally the last of his tier. Diggs at 24 also seems high. I probably wouldn't pay more than 18 for him (with the same caveat as with Ingram). I know you got stuck price enforcing on Henry, but I wouldn't have paid more than $1 for him, so I wouldn't have tried to enforce.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Mikey Purp posted:

Matt Ryan and McCoy at the cost of a fifth seems pretty tempting. Especially if you can get a high end quarterback with your first pick. What QBs are likely to be available in the first round? And where are you picking?

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Sataere posted:

I think you could've spent last season starting Coleman and Freeman weekly and found yourself winning. The Titans have the potential to have that type of one-two punch based on how they love to run the football.

I'm not shying away from a good to potentially great player because he happens to be on the same team as another good player. Give me all the good players. :D

I agree that 2 running backs in a historically great offense can be playable but can the Titans realistically sniff those numbers?

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

RVProfootballer posted:

Depends on your leaguemates, I think. What will the QB landscape look like after keepers are chosen? Carr is probably more valuable than Keenan in a vacuum, but if there will be plenty of low QB1/high QB2 guys thrown back, keeping Keenan and the 5th might make more sense.

I am picking 9th. Typically QBs are very highly valued and are all gone within the first 3 rounds, but that also means that some of the top flight options will be too expensive to keep, so I guess there's a realistic chance that a decent QB falls to me at 9.

Sataere posted:

Matt Ryan and McCoy at the cost of a fifth seems pretty tempting. Especially if you can get a high end quarterback with your first pick. What QBs are likely to be available in the first round? And where are you picking?

This is a good thought which I haven't really considered. I'm picking 9th, and keepers aren't revealed until everyone has made their final selections, so it makes it hard to gauge what will be available.

The feedback and the fact of how deep QB is this year make me start leaning away from keeping both Ryan and Carr. Ryan + McCoy is definitely interesting, what about Ryan + Jones for a 3rd?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RisqueBarber posted:

I think you said somewhere that same requests don't repeat though right? If not, that's a lot of custom leagues out there.

Also, it looks like there's two custom folders now and one of them is empty and the other one doesn't have any files for 13, 14 or 16 teams. Still updating?

edit: It looks like it reset itself. There's only 2 gigs worth of data in the parent directory and there's only 10 megs worth of custom files.

Felter Chesthard posted:

Hey Beer are the custom sheets still being generated? Mine hasn't shown up yet but maybe it's because it's next Wednesday.

The problem is that Nextcloud is freaking out about the folder structure I use, so it's causing everything to choke. I'm working with SkySilk to help me figure out an alternative solution; we'll have something by the end of the day.

In previous years I used DropBox. That resulted in my account routinely being closed when it hit the 100,000 download limit, which apparently happens in roughly an hour based on how yesterday went.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The problem is that Nextcloud is freaking out about the folder structure I use, so it's causing everything to choke. I'm working with SkySilk to help me figure out an alternative solution; we'll have something by the end of the day.

In previous years I used DropBox. That resulted in my account routinely being closed when it hit the 100,000 download limit, which apparently happens in roughly an hour based on how yesterday went.

Why not use a filter system instead of a folder structure. Text search and/or drop-downs filtering from one giant folder? You might also try tagging custom requests with a unique string that the submitter knows to easily search out their sheet.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Sounds like your only option is to only post them here.

:getin:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

OxySnake posted:

Question for you league managers.

Im starting a 12 person league with a 20$ buy in.

Payouts look like this

1st: 140$
2nd: 60$
3rd: 20$

Which leaves 20. What is a good way to incentive people to keep up with the league so they have a chance for that 20. I was thinking something like "Highest weekly total"

But I am looking for other ideas that people might have.

Thoughts?

$20 / 13 weeks is about a $1.50 per week. Not much of an incentive.

I'd take the 3rd place money and the extra $20 and make that a prize for best regular season record.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

coronaball posted:

$20 / 13 weeks is about a $1.50 per week. Not much of an incentive.

I'd take the 3rd place money and the extra $20 and make that a prize for best regular season record.

It's highest total score for any week gets 20$ not each week.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Papes posted:

I agree that 2 running backs in a historically great offense can be playable but can the Titans realistically sniff those numbers?

My point is I'm not going to avoid a good to potentially great player because someone at the same position is already on the roster. I don't know that they can, but I think there is a lot to like about Derrick Henry. :shrug:

Mikey Purp posted:

This is a good thought which I haven't really considered. I'm picking 9th, and keepers aren't revealed until everyone has made their final selections, so it makes it hard to gauge what will be available.

The feedback and the fact of how deep QB is this year make me start leaning away from keeping both Ryan and Carr. Ryan + McCoy is definitely interesting, what about Ryan + Jones for a 3rd?

McCoy and Julio are about equal value in 1QB PPR leagues, so all things being equal, I would rather lose a 5th than a 3rd. Especially considering that your losing about 25-30 players from your starting pool of players.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

CompeAnansi posted:

Why not use a filter system instead of a folder structure. Text search and/or drop-downs filtering from one giant folder? You might also try tagging custom requests with a unique string that the submitter knows to easily search out their sheet.

Because the original method was to just post them on DropBox, and unique strings would make life difficult for duplicate requests. I may look at putting more stuff in the file name to help.

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Thanks for the info. Who would have thought these sheets would be so popular.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Felter Chesthard posted:

Thanks for the info. Who would have thought these sheets would be so popular.

I sure as hell didn't.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I was offered his Tyrell Williams for my Kareem Hunt and Jamaal Williams. Non-ppr, standard scoring. 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/FLEX(WR/RB/TE)

Tyrell went in the 10th, and Kareem/Jamaal went in the 12th/14th, respectively.

I do need to drop 3 players to pick up a Defense/Kicker/Tight End, so a 2 for 1 trade sounds nice.

Thoughts?

My team:

QB- Ryan
WR- Beckham, Thomas, Landry, Garcon, Britt, Robbie Anderson, Tedd Ginn
RB- Howard, Fournette, Ingram, Crowell, CJ Anderson, Hunt, Jamaal Williams

RCarr fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Aug 24, 2017

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

RCarr posted:

I was offered his Tyrell Williams for my Kareem Hunt and Jamaal Williams. Non-ppr, standard scoring. 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/FLEX(WR/RB/TE)

Tyrell went in the 10th, and Kareem/Jamaal went in the 12th/14th, respectively.

I do need to drop 3 players to pick up a Defense/Kicker/Tight End, so a 2 for 1 trade sounds nice.

Thoughts?

My team:

QB- Ryan
WR- Beckham, Thomas, Landry, Garcon, Britt, Robbie Anderson, Tedd Ginn
RB- Howard, Fournette, Ingram, Crowell, CJ Anderson, Hunt, Jamaal Williams

Does he have a top 8 tight end that you can get instead? If not, I would do it and drop Robbie Anderson.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Spermy Smurf posted:

Ingram has been a top 10 RB for like 3 years now. He's being drafted so late I dont get it.

He's constantly on the edge of either being injured or having his spot taken by someone behind him. Not that it actually happens, but that there's always that threat behind him to take touches away and reduce his production.

This year he's got one of the best runners in the history of football behind him and a talented bulldozer rookie in Kamara. Both of those guys can catch passes and ADP is still a pretty good blocker. I think this might be the year Ingram finally falls out of the top 10 for RBs (he'll finish top 5 now that I said that)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RisqueBarber posted:

Does he have a top 8 tight end that you can get instead? If not, I would do it and drop Robbie Anderson.

He's got Martellus Bennett and Antonio Gates .

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Would you rather handcuff LeSean McCoy with Jonathan Williams or Mark Ingram with Alvin Kamara?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

89 posted:

Would you rather handcuff LeSean McCoy with Jonathan Williams or Mark Ingram with Alvin Kamara?

probably McCoy and Williams more so than Mark and Alvin. Without any evidence I feel like NO's run game is going to be a mess as they try to feed their 3 backs.

whereas if McCoy goes down or gets traded, Williams is for sure getting the work.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

89 posted:

LeSean he's more high risk than Mark.

RCarr posted:

He's got Martellus Bennett and Antonio Gates .

Try for Marty B. I wouldn't trade for Gates. Worst he can say is no.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RisqueBarber posted:

LeSean he's more high risk than Mark.

Try for Marty B. I wouldn't trade for Gates. Worst he can say is no.

Just countered with Hunt & Jamaal Williams for Bennett. He said he'd have to think it over so it's a possibility. Thanks for the insight.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Ok, so all of these guys are on the waiver wire. Do I make any moves?

quote:

Eric Ebron
Adam Thielen
Marvin Jones
Cameron Brate
Antonio Gates
Zay Jones
Cooper Kupp
Kenny Golladay
Robby Anderson
James Connor

Honestly, though, I don't think I can drop anyone.

quote:

QB: Tom Brady
WR: TY Hilton
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
RB: LeSean McCoy
RB: Melvin Gordon
TE: Jimmy Graham
FLEX: Mark Ingram
K: Gostkoswki
DEF: Eagles

Bench:
Marcus Mariota
Tevin Coleman
Terrance West
Rex Burkhead
Julian Edelman
Eric Decker
Rishard Matthews
Jonathan Williams

:shrug:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

89 posted:

Have you tried trading some players to make room for waiver adds?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

89 posted:

I'm not a fan of Rishard. Might drop him for Marvin, Zay, or Kupp.

MacheteZombie posted:

Lmao it's 89, he'll be trading soon enough.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

MacheteZombie posted:

And honestly, I am high on Rishard. Now you have Corey Davis and Decker opening the field up, Rishard is the #1 reciever and is on the outside + he has the chemistry with Mariota already.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Would you rather have...

Mark Ingram & TY Hilton

or

CJ Anderson & Amari Cooper

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

89 posted:

Looks good. I'd hold tight.

89 posted:

Would you rather have...

Mark Ingram & TY Hilton

or

CJ & Amari personally.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Whatever happened to the Tajae Sharpe hype train? That was a fun one.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Doltos posted:

He's constantly on the edge of either being injured or having his spot taken by someone behind him. Not that it actually happens, but that there's always that threat behind him to take touches away and reduce his production.

This year he's got one of the best runners in the history of football behind him and a talented bulldozer rookie in Kamara. Both of those guys can catch passes and ADP is still a pretty good blocker. I think this might be the year Ingram finally falls out of the top 10 for RBs (he'll finish top 5 now that I said that)

ADP cannot block or catch footballs in an actual game. He is also 32 and a walking injury concern.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

89 posted:

Would you rather have...

Mark Ingram & TY Hilton

or

The latter for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

89 posted:

Would you rather have...

Mark Ingram & TY Hilton

or

Definitely CJ and Amari.

I don't like TY with the Colts' injuries at O-Line and Luck a big fat question mark. And I'm reading that CJ's stock is rising if Jamaal gets cut.

• Locked thread