Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

HazCat posted:

You're misreading it the same way I did initially. It's not that the hottest women are choosing the grossest men, it's that the grossest men are choosing to gently caress the hottest women (instead of the preferential robot) because they have a fetish for actual humans. The flip between part 2 and part 3 of the graph is who has the power to choose partners.

Incels are fantasizing that one day the hottest of ladies will desperately beg for their dicks because they've been replaced by hunks of metal and plastic for the majority of men.

I am clearly not cut out for a career in Future Sexy Logistics. Time to switch majors again...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

green chicken feet posted:

I never heard the subtract 1.5 rule before.

If everyone gets an automatic minus 1.5, doesn't that effectively shift the scale to run from -1.5 through 8.5 instead of 1 through 10 :confused:

Im sure its slightly more complicated than that but the idea is the 1-10 scale is inaccurate and everyone needs to be graded downward.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

HazCat posted:

You're misreading it the same way I did initially. It's not that the hottest women are choosing the grossest men, it's that the grossest men are choosing to gently caress the hottest women (instead of the preferential robot) because they have a fetish for actual humans. The flip between part 2 and part 3 of the graph is who has the power to choose partners.

Incels are fantasizing that one day the hottest of ladies will desperately beg for their dicks because they've been replaced by hunks of metal and plastic for the majority of men.

Little do they realize that women can give themselves orgasms better than they can.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Yeah, ladies are already pretty okay replacing dicks with hunks of metal and plastic and have been since basically the discovery of those materials.

chumbler posted:

I wonder now what they think about matrilineal societies and studies showing that girls raised in them perform equally or better on various tests than boys, if I'm remembering correctly.

But I also probably already know the answer.
I think you mean that abused and cucked men performed as poorly as women :smugissar:

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Saw a random friend share this on Facebook. One of over 8k people who did. Incels are idiots, but the toxic poo poo they wallow in is definitely all over our culture.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

LanceHunter posted:

Saw a random friend share this on Facebook. One of over 8k people who did. Incels are idiots, but the toxic poo poo they wallow in is definitely all over our culture.

It's more that they take what's in our culture to illogical extremes.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

LanceHunter posted:

I don't think the existence of jokes is a new or startling development in this or any other culture.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

This graphic has a lot of things wrong with it, but one of the funniest things is that they think 2 out of 10 men are already turning to robot sex dolls.

The facial expressions on those things are terrifying. They have a long way to go before anyone beyond the most desperate fringes of society would have sex with them. This refers to the dolls as well as to the men who use them.

Brothel says sex dolls are now more popular than real women

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

quote:

We also recently shared how grieving customers have been flocking to order a version of the $US9,995 ($12,600) doll styled after their dead wives.
:eyepop:

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

sincx posted:

I'll just leave this here...

Do you think incels are aware that "adultery" had existed forever?

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

chumbler posted:

So wait, knowing anything about women won't help them get laid, but they supposedly read "peer reviewed articles" (read: reddit posts) all about them?

Oh, there's no shortage of actual peer reviewed articles that'll feed right into a mechanistic view of attractiveness. http://rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/278/1706/774

Nicomo posted:

It is sad that these guys have an echo chamber on the internet where they can have their awful views and mentality reinforced on a daily basis, rather than being on their own in the real world meaning they'd have more of a chance to grow up away from it. What will they be like at 40-50?

In my case the hate (of which, as I say, there was much less at that time) just burned out, and having inevitable contact with women told me they weren't ogres, and I recognized a couple of mistakes I was making as silly. Which isn't to say I "recovered" in terms of relationships, but I no longer felt the need to define myself by rage or upset against it. Well, other than an ongoing hatred for misuse of the word "entitled" and society's incoherent attitude to persuasion..

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

dog food stalls
Grimey Drawer

This may mean that the kind of guy who frequents a brothel is more likely not to care about sex as something to be enjoyed between people but only as an outlet for his own sexual tension. And he may be very self-conscious about himself sexually and probably prefers not to have to consider his performance.

So I don't see this as a trend that is likely to take off for the average guy - the kind of guy who doesn't pay for sex.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I wonder who gets clean up duty for the bot, or can it flush itself out?

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

hyphz posted:

Oh, there's no shortage of actual peer reviewed articles that'll feed right into a mechanistic view of attractiveness. http://rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/278/1706/774
While Proceedings of the Royal Society is a respectable journal, the article was only cited 43 times in 7 years, which is kinda meh. Hardly scientific consensus. This is what people outside of science don't usually get: ALL sorts of research get published, in more or less respectable journals, because that's how science is suppose to work, interesting or novel ideas are introduced and discussed, other researchers may or may not find it plausible or interesting, may or may not continue to explore along those paths, and hopefully some kind of consensus is reached after some (usually very long) time. I'd say that even for the very top journals in each field, the majority of the research published represents dead ends. But "science journalism" in mainstream media portrays the scientific process as something much more linear and straight-forward: "researcher publishes article in mid- to low-tier journal, all previous research on the subject is completely demolished".

But who am I kidding, I'm sure most these guys consider Reddit peer-reviewed since you can vote on posts. But maybe that's where we are heading - an academic resume in 2050 may well state "Professor So-and-so has published extensively on Reddit, is the mod for 4 subreddits, and has had over 50000 up-votes."

Content:

quote:

my gym instructor took a vacation and passed me on to a female gym instructor, who was a real life fitness model. She resigned on the day she was supposed to teach me because I was too ugly.

I then decided to take up yoga as a substitute exercise, but the female yoga instructor who was another fitness model made up a lie about having to travel out of state so that she could avoid teaching me because I was too ugly (even though I was paying just like everyone else).

Feeling doubly Sussed, I decided to go to the chiropractor my dad was going to. I have heard from my dad that she was pretty good and always gave personal treatment (instead of using you as a test subject for their interns like some doctors do, ending in medical debacles) but when she saw how ugly I was, she refused to treat me personally like she did my Chad father, and subjected me to her non professional secondary staff even though I paid just as much as my father.

In my life, Looks discrimination is real.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

quote:

You missed out on teen love

The only love to exist, really.

You will never be a teenager with an adorable girlfriend who is unaware of how she can abuse her power in society. Every time I see a teen couple I get insanely triggered and my entire day is ruined. I can't live the rest of my life like this, but it's only going to get worse. I'm already an obese man who uses all his psychic energy grinding worthless poo poo in mmos. This is the fate females chose for me, and I hate it. But I can't commit suicide. My existence is for God to see how much suffering one man can endure in life.

Edit:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

A mgtow chooses to waste their life in mmos. An incel is made to.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

quote:

My existence is for God to see how much suffering one man can endure in life.

lmao these dudes really need the darfur war orphan clause

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

dog food stalls
Grimey Drawer

Wicker Man posted:

I wonder who gets clean up duty for the bot, or can it flush itself out?

And how is it even possible to clean one thoroughly enough. It's not like the bot can enforce whether or not the guy's gonna use a condom, or for that matter whether he's going to smear all sorts of bodily fluids over its entire body.

noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth

Shanghaied posted:

quote:

I'm already an obese man who uses all his psychic energy grinding worthless poo poo in mmos. This is the fate females chose for me, and I hate it.

leave me alone, mom! I don't play mmos all day because I want to, this is the fate the stacies chose for me! no I won't get a job! jeez!

And how is it even possible to clean one thoroughly enough. It's not like the bot can enforce whether or not the guy's gonna use a condom, or for that matter whether he's going to smear all sorts of bodily fluids over its entire body.

for everyone's sake, I hope they just drop them in a vat of lye for a couple hours once one of those loons is done with them

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I'm addicted to reading /r/truerateme comments, they're so insane. Dudes who look like extras from Silicon Valley pull a 6/10 while a dude who looks like Channing Tatum gets a tough 7/10 from some people.

https://imgur.com/a/D0rJP

quote:

8/10 face (x3), 10/10 height (x2), 7/10 frame (x1)
Rating = 0.95(facex3+heightx2+frame)/6, (0.95=adjustment coefficient) = 0.95*51/6 = 8/10

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

noether posted:

for everyone's sake, I hope they just drop them in a vat of lye for a couple hours once one of those loons is done with them

Little do we know in twenty years the sex doll cleaning industry will replace the service sector as the major employer of the populace.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

What'd you do today?
oh u no, just applied some coefficient adjustments to my rating of hot boys.

honestly I suspect a lot more of these incels are gay than they realise. they're always posting about hot guys and how they're uncomfortable with women.

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

We'll have one entire section labelled "for degenerates"

well why not posted:

I'm addicted to reading /r/truerateme comments, they're so insane. Dudes who look like extras from Silicon Valley pull a 6/10 while a dude who looks like Channing Tatum gets a tough 7/10 from some people.

It's the pic cuddling the cute kitty that does it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

well why not posted:

Men rating other men's attractiveness to women is as dumb as women's magazines telling women what men* like.

*Who own companies that want to sell them stuff.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Keep it up, champ.

Unlockable Ben

Shanghaied posted:

While Proceedings of the Royal Society is a respectable journal, the article was only cited 43 times in 7 years, which is kinda meh. Hardly scientific consensus. This is what people outside of science don't usually get: ALL sorts of research get published, in more or less respectable journals, because that's how science is suppose to work, interesting or novel ideas are introduced and discussed, other researchers may or may not find it plausible or interesting, may or may not continue to explore along those paths, and hopefully some kind of consensus is reached after some (usually very long) time. I'd say that even for the very top journals in each field, the majority of the research published represents dead ends. But "science journalism" in mainstream media portrays the scientific process as something much more linear and straight-forward: "researcher publishes article in mid- to low-tier journal, all previous research on the subject is completely demolished".

Sure. But also there's any number of studies showing that women are statistically attracted to the things that women are traditionally attracted to. The problem is that "women" is such a huge group that the chance of an average guy's lifetime experience meeting women ever coming close to a statistically representative sample is basically nil, and I expect most incels have even less than this.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Of course he thinks chiropractics are a real thing

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
More relevant is the somewhat obvious possibility that if these professionals are bailing on him specifically (they probably aren't) it's far more likely they're doing so because he's creepy rather than ugly. I wouldn't work back magic on somebody who was paying me to touch them for the sole purpose of getting around the trouble of nobody being willing to do it for free.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

lemon-lyme disease posted:

if these professionals are bailing on him specifically (they probably aren't)

It's some reverse-gang-stalking type of poo poo here: woman gets off the train at her stop, "aha, she's repulsed by me!"

I'd say that someone should tell them that no one gives a poo poo about them, but then they'd be "aha, normies don't give a poo poo about me".

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

SaltyJesus posted:

lmao these dudes really need the darfur war orphan clause

Darfur war orphans eventually become Darfur war soldiers, and I'm pretty sure they gently caress.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
What is even the point of this subreddit, logically? They don't want to help each other feel better or change. They actively discourage it.

It seems like logically they would realize that whatever delusional fantasies about government sex welfare or whatever are never going to happen, so they might as well either experiment with changing and see if it helps, accept that they're going to be alone, or kill themselves.

Faced with those three choices and really ONLY those three choices, these guys are like gently caress it, we'll do it live and choose none of the above.

It's just weird to me because it seems so inhuman to seemingly WANT to be unhappy and actively resist any option which might lead to increased happiness just to wallow in it. Change, accept it, or die. Not "option d: don't change, don't accept it, and don't kill myself and instead just constantly impotently whine about it."

Imagined fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Aug 24, 2017

Barudak
May 7, 2007

General Dog posted:

Darfur war orphans eventually become Darfur war soldiers, and I'm pretty sure they gently caress.

Darfur Orphans II Darfur Soldiers is my favorite Boys II Men cover band.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Keep it up, champ.

Unlockable Ben

Imagined posted:

It's just weird to me because it seems so inhuman to seemingly WANT to be unhappy and actively resist any option which might lead to increased happiness just to wallow in it. Change, accept it, or die. Not "option d: don't change, don't accept it, and don't kill myself and instead just constantly impotently whine about it."

Simple enough: all those options look like net reductions of happiness.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
"Guys, I've got this huge splinter in my foot. No, I'm not going to take it out myself, no I'm not going to go to a doctor, and no I'm not going to just suck it up and quit complaining about it. I'm just going to whine like a big baby while making sure nothing happens that might improve things."

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Imagined posted:

What is even the point of this subreddit, logically? They don't want to help each other feel better or change. They actively discourage it.

Exactly. The whole point to this subreddit is that going outside your comfort zone is hard, so here's a conspiracy theory to make you feel better about never going outside it

It's basically a giant security blanket

Imagined posted:

Some people just love being the victim :shrug:

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib
"I will in fact be taping more wood to the end of the splinter so it never heals"

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Keep it up, champ.

Unlockable Ben

Imagined posted:

"Guys, I've got this huge splinter in my foot. No, I'm not going to take it out myself, no I'm not going to go to a doctor, and no I'm not going to just suck it up and quit complaining about it. I'm just going to whine like a big baby while making sure nothing happens that might improve things."

Obviously broken analogy. You can't compare "changing yourself to be more attractive" to taking out a splinter! It can be a pretty huge change, right down to core values, and there's no guarantee of it ever working and no interim cues on how you're going.

"Suck it up and quit complaining" doesn't make you happier. The splinter still hurts, after all. Adapting can make you happier, but that takes years and isn't something you just decide to do. Now, it is likely that posting on these groups is preventing people adapting. But just stopping wouldn't necessarily solve that because making a conscious decision to adapt when other options seem to be available also prevents adaptation.

Going to doctors doesn't help much either, it just throws you full tilt into society's contradictory message on persuasion. I can't forgive the threats, misogyny, hate and vitality but I can forgive the "red pill" belief that society in general is in denial about the nature of persuasion in markets (and not just seduction)

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Imagined posted:

It seems like logically they would realize that whatever delusional fantasies about government sex welfare or whatever are never going to happen, so they might as well either experiment with changing and see if it helps, accept that they're going to be alone, or kill themselves.

Faced with those three choices and really ONLY those three choices, these guys are like gently caress it, we'll do it live and choose none of the above.

They want validation, not improvement. Also they're open misogynists so bad that they get kicked out of anywhere else.

The most charitable and sympathetic interpretation is that they've so internalized the warped presentation of relationships and sex in media they consume (even excluding porn) and can't separate it from reality that they feel like failures for not being that. So their loneliness for other reasons, some deserving and some not, gets compounded.

I guess I'm also thinking here of the unfortunate guys who just have trouble with social interaction but get sucked into incels' black hole, not the unrepentant misogynists who deserve no sympathy.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Aug 24, 2017

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Men prefer attractive women too. And studies show they put more emphasis on appearance in a partner than women do. Pretty much everything they say can be applied to ugly women, which they may not be aware of since only "Stacy" catches ones eye. People aren't aware or care about a blah person's existence next to the babe. That's just how humans are. Women seem to accept more given we wear makeup and do cosmetic surgery to a far greater extent; these guys want the world to bend to them which isn't going to happen. Yes there exist men willing to use us for sex so it is easier to get a partner, but that isn't a guarantee for affection non-abusive companionship or even an orgasm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I can get on the level of nazi comparisons if that speaks to them more aptly. Denying the existence of incel women is worse than denying the Holocaust!

• Locked thread