Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i like how you can immediately tell the states that declined the medicaid expansion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's not the 80-90 year olds from the greatest and silent generations who are loving us. It's the 55-70 year old boomers.

Correct. My Nazi fighting Grandpa and early feminist Grandma are voting hardcore Dem all the time.

However their kids...

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

botany posted:

if you ever wondered what a dog turd would look like if an evil witch transformed it into writing:

http://www.salon.com/2017/08/23/a-strong-opinion-stop-counter-protesting_partner/

"Yes, yes, it's true that in one case a counterprotest scared nazis away, but in my sample size of two there was another case where someone died."

"Why can't everyone just ignore nazis like I do? Can't they see that nazis don't affect my life at all?"

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Hollismason posted:

Ugh its probably bad that my immediate thought was " oh good someone didn't shoot up a elementary school and it's only a hostage situation"

AP posted:

Tom and Patsy Plant told The Post and Courier of Charleston they were eating at Virginia’s restaurant and saw a man come out of the kitchen with a gun in his hand who said, “There’s a new boss in town.”

The man looked like “an ordinary grandpa, but he had a crazy look,” the couple said. They were able to escape out a back door

Where's ShuckS anyway?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

KickerOfMice posted:

Where's ShuckS anyway?

Press conference is late :tinfoil:

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/BrianaWhitney/status/900783084530012160

:thunk: x 1000000

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Edit: f,b

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Holy poo poo so many people are going to die.

"The government isn't even telling us to leave, it won't be that bad"

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Lol imagine saying or thinking "the average person is smart"

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Press conference is late :tinfoil:

It's always a few minutes late, half an hour is not unusual.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

What city is this guy mayor of? I can't find anything by googling him. He's not the mayor of Houston, Galveston, or New Orleans.

Edit: Never mind. It's Corpus Christi.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Holy poo poo so many people are going to die.

"The government isn't even telling us to leave, it won't be that bad"

"People don't want the government telling them what to do."
JFC That part of the government, NOAA and National weather service :nws:?

THAT IS WHAT THEY DO.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
https://twitter.com/DrDenaGrayson/status/900788475234013184

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Lol imagine saying or thinking "the average person is smart"

I have a deep seated perhaps irrational faith in humanity as a collective.

But not when part of said collective has decided that roughly the entire rest of the world is trying to make them look like idiots.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

twice burned ice posted:

What city is this guy mayor of? I can't find anything by googling him. He's not the mayor of Houston, Galveston, or New Orleans.

Corpus Christi

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

twice burned ice posted:

https://ballotpedia.org/Joe_McComb

Corpus Christi

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

twice burned ice posted:

Corpus Christi. He's also a libertarian.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
They must have thought enough time has blown over since the "both sides" comment that it's safe to hold a briefing.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Lightning Lord posted:

Ah. He's probably waiting for the invisible hand to gently guide the storm away.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

KickerOfMice posted:

"People don't want the government telling them what to do."
JFC That part of the government, NOAA and National weather service :nws:?

THAT IS WHAT THEY DO.
Libertarians are against non privatized air raid sirens

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

That makes much more sense. Thanks!

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Lightning Lord posted:

"If the storm wrecks your house and kills your loved ones, you should remember that for the next time you consider doing business with it."

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

twice burned ice posted:

Edit: Never mind. It's Corpus Christi.

was

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
https://www.whitehouse.gov/live/press-briefing-press-secretary-sarah-sanders-4

feed now live, no SHuckS yet but should get rockin in the next 5-10min

okay she's up

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

axeil posted:

Correct. My Nazi fighting Grandpa and early feminist Grandma are voting hardcore Dem all the time.

However their kids...

Counterpoint: My 95-year-old grandmother and wife of WW2 European Theater vet is a hard Republican, and pressured her seven children and their spouses (and their adult children) to all vote Trump. And they all live in Florida or Missouri.

Didn't work on me or my mother because we're persona non grata in The Family anyway. She merely voted for Jill Stein.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
You guys all read that New Yorker article on the libertarian sperglord behind Cambridge Analytica and Breitbart?

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/03/27/the-reclusive-hedge-fund-tycoon-behind-the-trump-presidency

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
How To Hack An Election

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Forever war in Afghanistan

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Briefing starts now.

:getin:

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
Shucks on deck and propagandizing off the bat

Caros
May 14, 2008

Oh good, storytime with Shucks is back.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Uh is she actually saying that a dad and son being brought into the same endless war is a good thing?

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair
Is she loving crying?

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

axeil posted:

The thing that really makes me sad about trans-hate is that even if transition wasn't something that can keep trans folks from killing themselves, why the gently caress should anyone care? It's the same thing as gay marriage. Jim becoming Jen or Jen becoming Jim and presenting as their preferred gender has absolutely 0 impact on anyone except Jim/Jen and their romantic partner. So why the gently caress is it anyone else's business? If it makes them happier than they are right now, it's something we all should either support or just not give a poo poo about.

It's why all this anti-LGBT poo poo makes me nauseated. They're not forcing you to get gay married or transition or anything else. They just want to live their life in peace and bigots aren't letting them and working to convince other people they're scary and should be punished.

It's really depressing/upsetting. I hope all the trans goons out there are staying safe and mentally healthy through this. I can't imagine how much it sucks.:smith:

But you see, I might become attracted to one and deceived into sex thus making me gay.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
yeah this is straight up propaganda

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Is it just distorted audio or does she sound ready to cry at times?

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

botany posted:

yeah this is straight up propaganda

always has been tbh

the entertainment value is when reporters try and call them out on the bullshit propaganda

YAY BIRTHDAYS

LET'S SING THE SONG

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
Happy birthday hucksdad

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Holy poo poo Sarah shut up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
relationship between White House and GOP Congress is "fine"

• Locked thread