Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

Just countered with Hunt & Jamaal Williams for Bennett. He said he'd have to think it over so it's a possibility. Thanks for the insight.

Gross, tell him you had a moment of temporary insanity and cancel that offer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

It's not an official offer, so I can back out. What's so bad about it? I'd be trading my 12th and 14th round picks for his 8th round pick. And I need to lose 3 players anyway, so a 2-for-1 trade sounds nice.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

It's not an official offer, so I can back out. What's so bad about it? I'd be trading my 12th and 14th round picks for his 8th round pick. And I need to lose 3 players anyway, so a 2-for-1 trade sounds nice.

An 8th round for Bennett is terrible. You're trading a ton of upside for a TE that, at least at this stage in the season, is interchangeable with several others.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
What if Ware or Ty Montgomery tear an ACL this weekend? It's a bad trade not only based on the players involved, but on the timing.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I don't like Beckham to begin with, but I still take him at 5 without even considering Evans or McCoy right despite the injury? Half PPR.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Hand Row posted:

I don't like Beckham to begin with, but I still take him at 5 without even considering Evans or McCoy right despite the injury? Half PPR.

Yeah

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Contrariwise, I'd say if you don't like him, don't take him. Evans and McCoy are both going to do well. Last year Evans was a 6 points better than OBJ in my .5ppr anyways. That's basically even and Evans only stands to widen the gap if OBJ misses any time.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yeah I still think that OBJ injury is worse than they are letting on. I would take Evans over him if I had the chance right now. (Saying this as a Giants fan)

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

RCarr posted:

RVProfootballer posted:

He has to drop these two players anyway and he doesn't have a TE rostered. I guess you could wait until the day before Week 1.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

RisqueBarber posted:

He has to drop these two players anyway and he doesn't have a TE rostered. I guess you could wait until the day before Week 1.

He has to drop players, not necessarily those 2. I'd rather lose Ginn and Anderson personally.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ben Nevis posted:

He has to drop players, not necessarily those 2. I'd rather lose Ginn and Anderson personally.

This. And not rostering a TE doesn't mean he should trade decent RB fliers for a bad one.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

To each his own. I'd rather have Ginn & Anderson. You could also convince me to keep Hunt & Ginn.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Anyone picking Zeke around his ADP for snake? I'm finding it more and more appealing as I run through more and more mocks.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Boosh! posted:

Anyone picking Zeke around his ADP for snake? I'm finding it more and more appealing as I run through more and more mocks.

What's his ADP now? As far as I know, the range of outcomes for his appeal is still like "suspension pushed back til next year as this becomes a new long process" to "suspension reduced to 2-4 games" to "no change", right? If he's being priced like he will miss 6 games, I'd take him and hope for the best.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

RVProfootballer posted:

What's his ADP now? As far as I know, the range of outcomes for his appeal is still like "suspension pushed back til next year as this becomes a new long process" to "suspension reduced to 2-4 games" to "no change", right? If he's being priced like he will miss 6 games, I'd take him and hope for the best.

I'm operating under the assumption that he will serve the 6 games.

His Yahoo! ADP is 19. He is lumped in with Lamar Miller, Crowell and Gurley none of which I'd start over whichever JAG Dallas has in Zeke's place.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
So what's a good defense to have for week one? Bills against Jets? Rams against Colts?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

pubic works project posted:

So what's a good defense to have for week one? Bills against Jets? Rams against Colts?

Yep. In that order probably.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Pittsburgh has a great early schedule.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Pittsburgh has a great early schedule.

They're owned. :(

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
So the last few years I've used a website to help me during my league's draft.The problem is that I can't remember what it is. I'm fairly positive I found it in the OP of last years thread (because I couldn't remember it last year either) but it has helped me quite a bit. It's an aggregate of lots of mock drafts, and it's set up in a table format, with the X-axis being pick number in that round, and the Y-axis being the round. Different positions (QBs, WRs, TEs, etc.) were different colors, but if a player was drafted, you could click on the players name and gray out the box indicating he was off the board.

It's was incredibly helpful in helping me track who was still available and who was taken, as well as letting me know which players were better picks.

I tried this years OP, but couldn't find it (unless I'm an idiot, which could definitely be the case). Does anyone know what site I'm talking about?

E: nevermind, it's fantasy football calculator. I just needed to change the ADP list to "grid"

BAE OF PIGS fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Aug 25, 2017

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Where do I find a Beer Sheet if I have submitted a request? The submission form says it will be in the Custom folder but there is no link or any further info

Edit: Think I found it

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Aug 25, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Glad I got DeVante Parker while he was still cheap

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Benne posted:

Glad I got DeVante Parker while he was still cheap

Me too brother. In both of my leagues

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

So I just threw out a random trade of Blount and Smallwood for JStew. I really didn't want anything to do with those two after what I saw tonight. Does this guy know something that I don't?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

So I just threw out a random trade of Blount and Smallwood for JStew. I really didn't want anything to do with those two after what I saw tonight. Does this guy know something that I don't?

He knows that everyone involved in that trade loses. :v:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Sataere posted:

He knows that everyone involved in that trade loses. :v:

Whew okay. I needed to free up a roster spot anyways.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Whew okay. I needed to free up a roster spot anyways.

Non-sarcastic answer is a lot of people seem to think Blount and/or Smallwood are going to do real well this year. I wish them good luck, because I think they'll need it.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Sataere posted:

Non-sarcastic answer is a lot of people seem to think Blount and/or Smallwood are going to do real well this year. I wish them good luck, because I think they'll need it.

I'm a blount truther. Guys like Michael Turner have prospered just by being the only square-shouldered, large guy in a good offense.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Just did an auction draft for a 0.5 PPR goon league, tell me what you think:

QB: Matt Ryan ($4)
RB: Todd Gurley ($34) Lamar Miller ($31) CJ Anderson ($14) Ameer Abdullah ($10) Marlon Mack ($2)
WR: Jordy Nelson ($46) Alshon Jeffrey ($14) Cameron Meredith ($2) Brandon Marshall ($12) Willie Snead ($7) Eric Decker ($4) Jeremy Maclin ($3)
TE: Hunter Henry ($1)

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Jota posted:

Just did an auction draft for a 0.5 PPR goon league, tell me what you think:

QB: Matt Ryan ($4)
RB: Todd Gurley ($34) Lamar Miller ($31) CJ Anderson ($14) Ameer Abdullah ($10) Marlon Mack ($2)
WR: Jordy Nelson ($46) Alshon Jeffrey ($14) Cameron Meredith ($2) Brandon Marshall ($12) Willie Snead ($7) Eric Decker ($4) Jeremy Maclin ($3)
TE: Hunter Henry ($1)

This is a pretty loving great draft. Matt Ryan, Eric Decker and Jeremy Maclin are great values.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Sataere posted:

This is a pretty loving great draft. Matt Ryan, Eric Decker and Jeremy Maclin are great values.

As a fellow member of this draft I agree. Most of those values happened after I ran out of money. :saddowns:

Rate my team too! (0.5PPR, 2RB, 2WR, 1 FLX)

QB: Tom Brady ($20)
RB: LeSean McCoy ($62), Leonard Fournette ($26), Bilal Powell ($13), Terrance West ($3), Alvin Kamara ($1)
WR: Keenan Allen ($23), Larry Fitzgerald ($15), Emmanuel Sanders ($9), Pierre Garcon ($7), Jordan Matthews ($1)
TE: Travis Kelce ($18)
K: Dan Bailey ($1)
D: Pittsburg ($1)

CompeAnansi fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Aug 25, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
THANK YOU BEER :hfive:

smoothitron
Dec 25, 2013

Big Brother
Family league, did I do okay?

10 team 0.5 PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 W/T Flex, 1 W/R/T Flex

QB: Dak Prescott

RB: Le'Veon Bell, Dalvin Cook, Bilal Powell, Adrian Peterson, Thomas Rawls, Doug Martin

WR: TY Hilton, Amari Cooper, Keenan Allen, Golden Tate, Cameron Meredith, Jordan Matthews

DEF: Buffalo
K: Cairo Santos

Also thanks a ton for catering to my dumb league settings, Beer.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Spoeank posted:

THANK YOU BEER :hfive:

Enjoy!

And incidentally if anyone can think of a better way to isolate sheets and get people what they need I would love to hear it. That approach is murdering my provider.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Enjoy!

And incidentally if anyone can think of a better way to isolate sheets and get people what they need I would love to hear it. That approach is murdering my provider.

Dump all the files into one folder. Generate an HTML page that uses your organization pattern to populate a table with autogenerated links to the files in question. Generate filenames that let you generate that html page without having to manually edit anything. Visitors all go to the same web page and click the link for the file they want. This approach requires a web site, but you can get a domain name and basic hosting for like $20 a year or something. beersheets.com seems to be registered on godaddy, is that you?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Rotoviz just pumped out a bunch of good articles in the past 24 hours. If you've been on the fence about them, it's a good day to check out the headlines and see if it's the kind of thing that interests you. It's the only subscription I've ever spent money on for football.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

Rotoviz just pumped out a bunch of good articles in the past 24 hours. If you've been on the fence about them, it's a good day to check out the headlines and see if it's the kind of thing that interests you. It's the only subscription I've ever spent money on for football.

What do they do?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

What do they do?

Their niche is quantitative analysis that is actually pretty decent. There's a lot of trash numbers out there in fantasy football land, but rotoviz does a good job of identifying and exploiting the cases where statistics and machine learning are actually useful. Like, "how much regression to the mean do we expect for players that did x" or "what is the ideal team composition for an MFL10 (i.e. how many defenses, QBs, TEs etc to exploit the variance per position)" or "what do dynasty trades tell us about perceived player value" or "what is the historic performance of the TE3 and is Greg Olsen likely to hit it and live up to his adp".

But they're also perfectly happy to draw from the tape. This offseason, they interviewed a local beat writer for every single team about things like usage and role, offensive line quality and depth, camp standouts, offensive and defensive philosophy etc. They then spent a few minutes after each interview to numerically explore some hypotheticals guided by the beat reporter's observations (e.g. what the range of outcomes could be given the usage and distribution expected by the reporter etc.). It was a great series. Actually, I should mention that the podcasts are free, though there are a lot of them (a few a day) and only a handful a week are really worth carving out time for.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

On that note, 4for4 usually has a 60 dollar subscription for the year, they currently have a deal where you can drop 10 dollars on fanduel and get the 4for4 sub with it for free.

A pretty good deal if you want extra analysis and don't got a lot to spend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Forever_Peace posted:

Their niche is quantitative analysis that is actually pretty decent. There's a lot of trash numbers out there in fantasy football land, but rotoviz does a good job of identifying and exploiting the cases where statistics and machine learning are actually useful. Like, "how much regression to the mean do we expect for players that did x" or "what is the ideal team composition for an MFL10 (i.e. how many defenses, QBs, TEs etc to exploit the variance per position)" or "what do dynasty trades tell us about perceived player value" or "what is the historic performance of the TE3 and is Greg Olsen likely to hit it and live up to his adp".

But they're also perfectly happy to draw from the tape. This offseason, they interviewed a local beat writer for every single team about things like usage and role, offensive line quality and depth, camp standouts, offensive and defensive philosophy etc. They then spent a few minutes after each interview to numerically explore some hypotheticals guided by the beat reporter's observations (e.g. what the range of outcomes could be given the usage and distribution expected by the reporter etc.). It was a great series. Actually, I should mention that the podcasts are free, though there are a lot of them (a few a day) and only a handful a week are really worth carving out time for.

So they don't like Olsen? it feels so hard to lock up a good TE this year. Someone reached for Gronk (early second), someone reached for Kelce (early third). trying to stream TE was a nightmare last year. I spent a fifth rounder on Olsen and that seems like a fair price for consistency, but I guess we'll see.

• Locked thread