Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Business Gorillas posted:

holy poo poo they're really gonna do it arent they :radcat:
If by "it" you mean "not pass tax reform" then yes.

The question in my mind is the spending bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

the trump retweet curse

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
lol one of my teenage sons is a little Marx fan and while shopping for used books with his mom he bought "Heritage Guide to the Constitution" and then got really mad when he got home and found out what the heritage foundation is. He showed it to me and I laughed pretty hard when I saw Ed Meese's name on the cover. He wants to take it back but I told him to try reading it. He's afraid it'll turn him into a proud boy or something. At least he also got David Harvey's Companion to Capital on my advice.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

euphronius posted:

how long can a bottle of liquor stay in your house ? the longest one has lasted in mine is like 10 days

I once made a bottle of liquor last for two weeks, but that was only because i was working on another bottle of liquor at the same time

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Augus posted:

yeah the government is getting shut down

Maybe, but not over this.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

pathetic little tramp posted:

There's no way they'd do this. It would just be insane. People would instantly see their taxes going up and want blood.

ah hahahahaha

literally laughing out loud

this is adorable

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

NEED MORE MILK posted:

i grew up and houston and spent a lot of summers on galveston. i cant imagine why anyone would ever live on that loving island lmao

An old friend from high school lives there. Haven't seen him online so he's probably getting his rear end out of there as fast as he can.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Elephanthead posted:

Why is everything named Freedom poo poo?

because "freedom" is just a feel-good buzzword

"why would you vote against the Freedom For Starving Children Act that takes all food away from children, why do you hate freedom??"

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Joementum posted:

ethan allen got drunk one night and took over fort ticonderoga without having to fire a shot. he walked in the front gate, up the stairs to the captain's quarters, opened the door and held a sword to him until he surrendered the fort.

henry knox then stole all the cannons from the fort and transported them a couple hundred miles to boston so that george washington could capture the city from the british

The fact that more people don't know about Henry Knox is a crime.

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://twitter.com/josheidelson/status/900766486301691905

e: can't leave this unsaid, but Reagan was a government snitch in Hollywood who ratted on anyone suspected of being a communist, and as President he smashed the Air Traffic Controllers' Union.

gently caress it. throw in thatcher as well.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Captain_Maclaine posted:

It was pretty funny. I gave him a week off for being terrible, he sent me this whiny-rear end PM about it (which I ignored), and then as soon as he got back he got on the wrong side of FAU who permabanned him back on the fifteenth.

oh man he sent pms i think every time he got probed

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

pathetic little tramp posted:

There's no way they'd do this. It would just be insane. People would instantly see their taxes going up and want blood.

they would absolutely do this, they are hosed unless they can cut taxes

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://twitter.com/josheidelson/status/900766486301691905

e: can't leave this unsaid, but Reagan was a government snitch in Hollywood who ratted on anyone suspected of being a communist, and as President he smashed the Air Traffic Controllers' Union.

what the fuccc

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Zyla posted:

just orb

Holy gently caress his face must've melted off :stonk:

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Nevermind. He just posted asking if anyone is having a hurricane party.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I did a thing posted:

gently caress it. throw in thatcher as well.

yes thatcher was also a big supporter of unions

co-opt the right

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
bring down reagan statues

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Rah! posted:

I once made a bottle of liquor last for two weeks, but that was only because i was working on another bottle of liquor at the same time

I got given a bottle of Mad Dog 20/20 as a joke gift after leaving my last job before grad school, and I kept that goddamn thing around for seven years as I never was in self-destructive enough a mood to actually drink it. Finally just dumped it when I moved.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Myron Baloney posted:

lol one of my teenage sons is a little Marx fan and while shopping for used books with his mom he bought "Heritage Guide to the Constitution" and then got really mad when he got home and found out what the heritage foundation is. He showed it to me and I laughed pretty hard when I saw Ed Meese's name on the cover. He wants to take it back but I told him to try reading it. He's afraid it'll turn him into a proud boy or something. At least he also got David Harvey's Companion to Capital on my advice.

STDH.txt, goons could never reproduce

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

he makes artisanal fast food?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

so basically this in video form

https://twitter.com/nycguidovoice/status/841025132210479104

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Yinlock posted:

they would absolutely do this, they are hosed unless they can cut taxes

hear me out on this one.

What if they're hosed?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

luv 2 see the govt fall apart and shut down while hurricane death comes this way

also this is what's gonna happen

the hurricane is katrina 2.0 and causes enough damage that trump has to decide between funding the wall or funding disaster relief

then makes his announcement on national television, THURSDAY AT 9PM

BE THERE

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

seriously. i cant even imagine the burns that poo poo mustve caused

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

maybe it just rebounded

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Joementum posted:

ethan allen got drunk one night and took over fort ticonderoga without having to fire a shot. he walked in the front gate, up the stairs to the captain's quarters, opened the door and held a sword to him until he surrendered the fort.

henry knox then stole all the cannons from the fort and transported them a couple hundred miles to boston so that george washington could capture the city from the british

this repeated multiple times is the canadian side of the war of 1812 in a nutshell

just a bunch of drunk canadians stumbling into forts and shouting at people

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
remember the taliban hate us for our freedoms. they get so mad when people choose for themselves. it grinds their gears. the thought of changing the television channel drives them to a blind rage.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

I want 22lbs of olives in a trough. Where can I procure this delicacy?

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Zeroisanumber posted:

The fact that more people don't know about Henry Knox is a crime.

I read a book about him stealing the cannons when i was like 10, and then i completely forgot about him until now :911:

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Ham Rove chilling after his retirement.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
i still think the republicans should have passed a bill to rename the obamacare exchanges "ronald reagan free enterprise health care zones" and called it a day

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

do yall think amanda knox was actually innocent???

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Reality Winner posted:

remember the taliban hate us for our freedoms. they get so mad when people choose for themselves. it grinds their gears. the thought of changing the television channel drives them to a blind rage.

the taliban especially hate when you support our brands

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/TwoPaddocks/status/900809530254151680

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I want 22lbs of olives in a trough. Where can I procure this delicacy?

eating 22lbs of olives sounds like a good mod challenge imo

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

remember when a bunch of right wingers got mad at Hawaii for opposing trumo's immigration poo poo and one of them was like "i cancelled my Hawaiian vacation and am going to GALVESTON instead" :laffo:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Joementum posted:

i swear to god if this congress makes the dumbasses who hoard gold coins turn out to be the sane ones....

lol if you haven't already converted all the money in your bank accounts into commemorative donald j trump electroplated coins, cash stuffed in mattresses, and conflict diamonds

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Zyla posted:

do yall think amanda knox was actually innocent???

Who?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Joementum posted:

i still think the republicans should have passed a bill to rename the obamacare exchanges "ronald reagan free enterprise health care zones" and called it a day

i still love how the house dems trolled the poo poo out of the house gop by submitting "republican more pay for less care act" as a name, leading to an insane overreaction in response and leading the bill to be renamed "greatest healthcare act of 2017" or w/e

• Locked thread