Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

People complain about Cid a lot, but I'm pretty sure that crystallised l'Cie can be brought back for another Focus by the Fal'cie as an established part of the setting - that's why l'Cie turn to crystal, to be preserved for later use. That's why Vanille and Fang woke up, right?

:goonsay:

There's always the chance I'm misremembering or inadvertently pulling poo poo out of my rear end, of course. Or you could be talking about Rosch, who does indeed die twice before you even fight him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

"Thy masters call out to thee once more, Cid. Thou haveth one final mission before the eternity of rest shall find thee."

"What is it?"

"Thou shalt oversee a race and then be shot in the head."

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

AlphaKretin posted:

People complain about Cid a lot, but I'm pretty sure that crystallised l'Cie can be brought back for another Focus by the Fal'cie as an established part of the setting - that's why l'Cie turn to crystal, to be preserved for later use. That's why Vanille and Fang woke up, right?

About l'Cie being revived for later use, yeah that's the ideal in the lore. Either you sleep forever in crystal stasis, or you get revived by fal'Cie/gods with a new focus. I don't think it's explicitly said anywhere in the game, not even the datalogs, but the ultamania makes it quite clear that it was the intended system. So when it happens to Cid it doesn't feel like it's an impossible scenario.

As Terper pointed out though, it does suck for Cid's whole deal. His big thing in fighting the party was that he was trying to defy his focus and forced himself against fal'Cie will. Then just sorta comes back and accepts his fate from Bart. It's kinda sad, though kinda makes sense that the only escape was either a life of servitude or death.

Why Vanille and Fang woke up...I don't think 13-1 ever really says why they did? I can't find anything in the datalogs or ultimania that says directly why they did wakeup. And I don't remember if 13-2/LR said so either, but I think it's just assumed you'd understand that things get hosed up when Etro gets involved.

AlphaKretin posted:

Or you could be talking about Rosch, who does indeed die twice before you even fight him.

Well, I'd say 2 things about this:

1. In the cutscene where Rosch looks like he gets shot, it looks like more trickery with the cutscene direction for drama. Basically the same thing they did for Sahz's suicide in the next chapter. We see him get shot, but we don't know where or any confirmation that he's dead (it looks like his upper body wasn't touched). Aka bad ff13 cutscene direction once again makes things more confusing and dumb than they are.

2. I know I know, "But the datalogs!" is a meme.....but...yeah it's true. In the datalogs, they don't talk about Rosch dying after that cutscene, unlike other characters who did die and the datalogs says "yeah they dead".

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Does anyone have a good exp and AP farming method? Because I'm a crazy person I decided to Max both out.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Wasn't there a thing you could do with Zu beaks and EXP grenades?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
You can use Zu Beaks to create magic that hits the actual damage cap, not the 9999 one, but I don't remember if you can use it for exp. It's likely you can.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Norns posted:

Does anyone have a good exp and AP farming method? Because I'm a crazy person I decided to Max both out.

AP farming is going to that semi-enclosed area in the Three Valleys where you get the Blade Of Brennae, pulling out the Shield of the Just, and killing 2-4 hounds each time they spawn. If you have them, wear the accessories that give bonus AP for A-rank aggression & time, although they won't be as useful as you think because most of the time you want to kill everything before the battle properly "starts," in order to minimize downtime between spawns.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Ah just run around with the beast whistle and one shot them with the shield. Cool I'll try it

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Hahahahha: Coming to PC in '18

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/08/21/final-fantasy-xv-pc-release-confirmed/

https://youtu.be/ZFFmieoN-DM

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

170GB :shittypop:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

holy loving poo poo

Wild Hunt with all the DLC isn't even half that!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Apparently that's for the 4K version specifically.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I'm waiting for the poor person's requirements ok. Also, it's why I own 1TB HDD for games storage.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

:stare: 16GB ram recommended? What the actual gently caress?

Is this like some kind of tacit admission that they can't be bothered to optimize their own game or something?

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

This port is pretty much a technological grandstanding showpiece

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

1080ti?! the gpu that, thanks to idiot shitcoiners, is 800 dollars? wtf

Wrist Watch posted:

:stare: 16GB ram recommended? What the actual gently caress?

Is this like some kind of tacit admission that they can't be bothered to optimize their own game or something?

i mean 16gb of ram will run you like eighty bucks these days if you get it on sale. it ain't 2010 anymore, man

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Aug 21, 2017

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I know ram isn't expensive, my point is that looks like a huge amount for the recommended version of the game, even in 4k/8k.

I don't play anywhere near that resolution though so who knows, maybe that's totally normal and I'm talking out of my rear end. It's not something I've seen other games approach anything near, at any rate.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
The RAM's fine by itself, but the CPU and video card confirmed how bloated the reqs are. We'll see how it runs on everyday hardware; on paper, though, this might be the most poorly optimized PC port since Arkham City.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

isk posted:

The RAM's fine by itself, but the CPU and video card confirmed how bloated the reqs are. We'll see how it runs on everyday hardware; on paper, though, this might be the most poorly optimized PC port since Arkham City.

Someone told me PS4 reqs = GTX 970 so IDK why they would ask for 1080Ti v:v:v

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Alder posted:

Someone told me PS4 reqs = GTX 970 so IDK why they would ask for 1080Ti v:v:v

Motto posted:

Apparently that's for the 4K version specifically.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

They said, while making a FF7 remake in a totally different engine

Its because all their contractors already know unreal engine 4. Same with Kingdom Hearts 3.
Any Luminous Engine projects are probably going to be mostly internal outside of some asset creation.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXx5rYY1OkM

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
That's hilarious.
And kind of neat.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
Well, at least that's one version of FF15 my computer can run :v:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Alder posted:

Uh. This is kind silly but if the price is right I’ll probably end up getting it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Alder posted:

Combat looks better.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Whew. Not a fan of those faces

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Alder posted:

Ambivalent. Looks... okay? Its SD though...

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I dont give a poo poo FFXV on iphone sounds alright with me

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

[quote="“WaltherFeng”" post="“475619199”"]
I dont give a poo poo FFXV on iphone sounds alright with me
[/quote]

:yeah: depending how much of the game’s content is translated to mobile it could be pretty fun.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

I don't get the backlash. It's totally a side project and looks adorable

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

What backlash

It's starting to feel like people just like makeup arguments so they can say poo poo

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn6Sy3Xx5Ss

Some Assassin's Creed x FF15 crossover. Ahaha, I just don't even know anymore.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Rascyc posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn6Sy3Xx5Ss

Some Assassin's Creed x FF15 crossover. Ahaha, I just don't even know anymore.

It'll probably be better than actual Assassin's Creed

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

This is what the Dream Egg is for? :what:

Someone must have gone, "poo poo! We need to do something with this thing... Um... Oh!".

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Speaking of which, where was that stupid moogle from the tutorial? "I've been waiting for you and watching over you" or some poo poo and we never see it again. It was in one of the demos too.

There's so much stuff they wanted to put in this game and never finished ugh. It could've been so much better.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

The game grew on me and I like it's stupid warts all over. It's good insight into the FF7 remake and whatever the gently caress comes next.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Elephant Ambush posted:

Speaking of which, where was that stupid moogle from the tutorial? "I've been waiting for you and watching over you" or some poo poo and we never see it again. It was in one of the demos too.

There's so much stuff they wanted to put in this game and never finished ugh. It could've been so much better.

Carbuncle? He's a summon on Easy difficulty. It's pretty dumb that he doesn't show up at all otherwise.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

To be fair most of the summons hardly show up at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah I think I got Gaia once and Leviathan never in my playthrough. All the other summons were Shiva or Ramuh.

• Locked thread