Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
New players is always a good thing.

The part that sucks is this is the time shitlords like to take advantage and register new accounts so they can try out all those sweet hacks.

I'll take an idiot TK'er because "rook mine" over a hacker anytime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
lol brb rerolling an IQ/Ela only account and just sit outside the map until i have a 20:1 k:d and not even finish placements

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Sultan Tarquin posted:

It's not even that. Just my teams are full of screaming people all tking each other then quitting :smith:

You're describing every casual games with pubbies. I wish i was joking.

IceOrb posted:

New players is always a good thing.

The part that sucks is this is the time shitlords like to take advantage and register new accounts so they can try out all those sweet hacks.

I'll take an idiot TK'er because "rook mine" over a hacker anytime.

Who said we're only banning by accounts?

Battleye evolved a lot in the past few months, any free/cheap hacks will get identified before they can even make a kill and that's if they can boot the game at all.

Thief posted:

i actually like playing with inexperienced players regardless of which side they're on. the shootouts are more exciting when they don't end immediately at first pixel exposure.

if you have a mic its the best time to roleplay thatcher :britain:

i've found the best way to neutralize toxic players in games like this is to just kill them with kindness and play a support role so they feel important enough to actually try

This this this, except the whole, ''let me add you as a friend'' Nah man, welcome to Siege it was cool once or twice but now I gotta get back to spawnpeeking.

Hard fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Aug 24, 2017

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
What kind of crack smoking is going on that the Casual map rotation includes Bartlett but not loving Yacht?

jfc

https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-299564-16/changes-to-map-rotations-in-season-3

Ranked playlist:

Casual playlist:

Maps in Ranked Missing: Kanal, Hereford, Bartlett, House, Plane, Theme Park, Yacht, Favela
Maps in Casual Missing; Yacht, Favela

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

RIP Yacht. You will be missed.

Not Favela, though. Burn in Hell.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

The gently caress put Yacht back in.

Unless you are fixing the nuclear sunlight by strategically placing air conditioning units throughout the level like you did for Kafe I can't see why you'd take Yacht out.

I'll just have to appreciate it by looking at it from the Coastline map I guess..

:<

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Whose loving retarded idea is it to omit maps from rotation? Ubisoft proving they are the dumbest company in business in every turn.

Lmao the "new players are having a hard time learning the maps" excuse. I swear to god....

If only there was a way to server side limit the map rotation for rank <25 players without removing it for the rest of us. Nah that would be too easy.

keyframe fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Aug 24, 2017

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

quote:

We are quickly approaching the limit of our data sizes, and this will require a rework of how our maps are stored. As a result, we are currently planning on removing maps from the game entirely down the road (not in Season 3).

Meanwhile BF1 is quickly approaching 100 god drat gigs in size without any issue.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Ubisoft makes so little content for their game I can't believe they're planning on just throwing some of it in the garbage.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Operation buy Ubisoft some bigger hard drives so we can keep maps in the game

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Athanatos posted:

Operation buy Ubisoft some bigger hard drives so we can keep maps in the game

Yeah really. I assume this is some sort of console related limitation? Does Microsoft only allow a game to be xxGB?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

my kinda ape posted:

Yeah really. I assume this is some sort of console related limitation? Does Microsoft only allow a game to be xxGB?

Why must PC master race suffer? TF2 still looks like the day it released on console.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

This is dumb as poo poo

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

Siege at the end of its lifespan: 100 operators, one map.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Bilal posted:

You know in your heart it will be Bartlett.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
The gently caress is this change, wow. Can we just get two ranked search options, one for the tryhards that need perfect balance and another for those of us that want some variety? 9 maps is gonna get stale so quickly. And the new map won't even be in ranked?

And I hope to hell they change their mind on removing some maps entirely. Even Bartlett is okay occasionally.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I look forward to the next 3 years of Operation Health while they continue to try to "fix" their poor decisions.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Bilal posted:

Don't worry man they will start removing OP's next because "new players are having a hard time learning them"

I wish an actual good company was developing this game.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Gotta make room for Hoisty so we're taking out Thermite.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
What blockhead at ubi thought this was a good idea.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Hard, pls

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

quote:

We are quickly approaching the limit of our data sizes, and this will require a rework of how our maps are stored. As a result, we are currently planning on removing maps from the game entirely down the road (not in Season 3).

What the gently caress.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Holy poo poo they actually removed favela from the game lmao

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

The Duggler posted:

Holy poo poo they actually removed favela from the game lmao

The one bright light of this only to be overshadowed by the air conditioning unit of map removal.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Weren't they talking how much more optimised the maps are and making the file system better and more efficient just in the last couple of OH updates?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Weren't they talking how much more optimised the maps are and making the file system better and more efficient just in the last couple of OH updates?

Gotta make room for more charms.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hibana can't blow up Mira's windows anymore to save on charges. Why does Hard hate me?

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
:munch:

keyframe posted:

Whose loving retarded idea is it to omit maps from rotation? Ubisoft proving they are the dumbest company in business in every turn.
I wish an actual good company was developing this game.

Bad. Calm down love.

Sultan Tarquin posted:

What blockhead at ubi thought this was a good idea.

Good.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Basticle posted:

Gotta make room for more charms.

I hope this is the reason just so that the stupid loving cosmetics are actually strangling the game to death.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
They have to remove maps to make room for the third-party software they're adding that makes bloom even stronger

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I hope this is the reason just so that the stupid loving cosmetics are actually strangling the game to death.

Half of the universal charms are so half-assed why even bother; I've never seen a single person use the Texas/bullet weight/keep calm/blood type charms.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Hard posted:

:munch:

Bad. Calm down love.

Good.

Calm down for what? First you guys actually hosed us over for OP health and went "heh you are not getting that map we promised you" and didn't release any new content in months and now you are actually taking away content that is in the game with the lamest excuse possible. There is a reason Ubisoft is the butt of every joke in gaming and it is not because you guys are competent.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

keyframe posted:

Calm down for what? First you guys actually hosed us over for OP health and went "heh you are not getting that map we promised you" and didn't release any new content in months and now you are actually taking away content that is in the game with the lamest excuse possible. There is a reason Ubisoft is the butt of every joke in gaming and it is not because you guys are competent.

dont play the game then

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I like Favelas and hate Bartlett.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Maybe they didn't make a Poland map because it won't fit in your harddrive.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I like Favelas and hate Bartlett.

You're half right

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Hard, what the gently caress.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

My install size is 34.7Gb how the gently caress can they justify the space excuse.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

keyframe posted:

I try avoiding the WE VS YOU since i've always considered myself a goon before anything else in this thread but I guess it can't be helped :/

Blaming an entire company of ~10k individuals over a map change seems overkill is all i'm saying.

I'm also curious on how you consider Op Health gently caress you over? It's not completely out yet. You can say how much Ubi is the equivalent of Hitler if you're not happy with the result but in the meantime stop being mad at a videogame man.

Razzled posted:

dont play the game then

Sieges like a love/hate relation where shes batshit insane but the sex is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Razzled posted:

dont play the game then

Do you get paid in reknown or ubibucks?

• Locked thread