Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
*in a very ubisoft voice*

we are screwing our chalice customers eheheh
tabernacle the players :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
jesus christ siege

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
i'm with ubi on 90% of this stuff but taking out maps had better have a really loving good reason

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

What the gently caress, Hard.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Imagine how fresh and fun boat will be when it comes back next year.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Wooper posted:

Imagine how fresh and fun boat will be when it comes back next year.

its nice of you to pretend favela won't be the one getting "reworked"

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Ela's tactical capri leggings meant that they used too many polygons modelling her butt, ergo they have to remove whole maps to make up the difference.

They probably have a maximum disk space that they can't go over and didn't account for a season 2 and beyond

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
If you're going to delete maps remove Bartlett first.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Hard posted:

I try avoiding the WE VS YOU since i've always considered myself a goon before anything else in this thread but I guess it can't be helped :/

Blaming an entire company of ~10k individuals over a map change seems overkill is all i'm saying.

I'm also curious on how you consider Op Health gently caress you over? It's not completely out yet. You can say how much Ubi is the equivalent of Hitler if you're not happy with the result but in the meantime stop being mad at a videogame man.

Sieges like a love/hate relation where shes batshit insane but the sex is amazing.

There is nothing in OP Health that could not have been done along with whatever season content we missed out on. Most of OP health has been back end stuff, with some minor cosmetic spawn peek map fixes that literally shouldn't take longer than two days for a couple artist to implement, if that. (and for the record I have been in games/film industry for 10+ years so this is not some armchair expert thing.)

You guys have been consistently short changing us on content you promised and now you are actually taking away content. That is never ok. I am pretty sure I am in the top %1 of players in terms of monetary support for this game (I don't even want to mention how much I spent so far, it is embarrassing) but you guys are making it hard to continue doing so. Most of our regulars already stopped playing Siege for lack of content and I am not sure how losing even more content is going to bring them back.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Wooper posted:

*in a very ubisoft voice*

we are screwing our chalice customers eheheh
tabernacle the players :smuggo:

We renamed them Calice and Tabarnak but I appreciate your willingness to assimilation.

Jehde posted:

What the gently caress, Hard.

I've always liked your style.

'Think i'm gonna log in discord tonight.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Yacht was the best map for shootouts, every round involved some sort of prolonged exchange of bullets

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laMpouxZYWU

The Duggler posted:

Holy poo poo they actually removed favela from the game lmao

rocket league is also removing the best maps from their game now :tinfoil:

@hard: can yall just replace border with the new map at least?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

The Duggler posted:

Yacht was the best map for shootouts, every round involved some sort of prolonged exchange of bullets

Agreed.

It's one of the few maps that is just one long nearly fully destructible hallway with patches of cover in between.

That's not to say that I can't think of ANY way to improve it (the lighting................) but I think we should still have access to it while whatever revamp is done to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsK8vDtrFV4

Stuff like this just doesn't happen on other maps, Border being the only one that gets close to having that level of single level destruction.

For all its faults, it really is one of the best designed maps in the game.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I used to really dislike yatch but its grown on me. Just a fun kind of shooty map and each floor offers a different play style. Compared to coastline it's top tier.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Hard, I said however long ago when you brought up the map removal thing that it was a dumb bad idea and I stand by that.

It's a really dumb and bad decision and it would be great if we could get more justification for it, also people are going to be incredibly(rightfully) mad if it's because of something like limitations from consoles being mirrored on PC for the sake of parity when it makes no sense to gimp the objectively superior(and IIRC much more popular?) version of the game.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Boat was bad but they kept putting worse maps in.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

lol. Bad game is bad news @ 11.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Yacht so good it actually appears in TWO maps! (for now)

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

keyframe posted:

There is nothing in OP Health that could not have been done along with whatever season content we missed out on. Most of OP health has been back end stuff, with some minor cosmetic spawn peek map fixes that literally shouldn't take longer than two days for a couple artist to implement, if that. (and for the record I have been in games/film industry for 10+ years so this is not some armchair expert thing.)

You guys have been consistently short changing us on content you promised and now you are actually taking away content. That is never ok. I am pretty sure I am in the top %1 of players in terms of monetary support for this game (I don't even want to mention how much I spent so far, it is embarrassing) but you guys are making it hard to continue doing so. Most of our regulars already stopped playing Siege for lack of content and I am not sure how losing even more content is going to bring them back.

tbf a lot of Op Health work has been done on a structural level where we shipped ( on release) things that held by a thread. It's for the long run really and this whole thing was bound to happen at some point if ubi wanted Siege to last.

If i'm being perfectly honest here i think Ubi, 1. promised too much and 2. explained too much and while a providing a certain amount visibility and transparency is nice, it still leave room for people to react ,however, after giving our side of the story the rest is not really open to discussion. It's just a summary of what happened. Take it as you want it's just my view on it.

Also since you've been in the industry for 10+ years you're well placed to know that even if a simple level design change that does indeed take 2 days or less is not easy to ship then theres a lot more involved than the actual fix.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

keyframe posted:

I am pretty sure I am in the top %1 of players in terms of monetary support for this game (I don't even want to mention how much I spent so far, it is embarrassing)

Yeah, when the digits hit 4 you take a Hard look at your Siege spending habits. Hell, even I've bought something around $200 worth of the game mainly due to $15 full edition sales to get new people playing.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Ubisoft: "Am I out of touch...? No, it's the players who are wrong."

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

ubisoft makes one good game, devs decide they cant have that

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Seriously Hard, wtf

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

I pay a fraction of your wages, I wish you would listen more carefully to my input, Hard.

DA PANET EARF
Jun 14, 2011

keyframe posted:

How much are you in for commando?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Yacht is the best map you idiots, what are you doing?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

I'm Jim Ubisoft. I invented Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege. Removing the maps was my idea. Ask me anything.

Orv
May 4, 2011

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I'm Jim Ubisoft. I invented Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege. Removing the maps was my idea. Ask me anything.

Have you had a CAT scan lately?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hard, I know these decisions are not up to you and for once, I will say, "Hard, tell everyone else to fix the game, you've done well."

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I hate Yacht and Favela so this change does not effect me at all.

Take out all the maps you need so ela's butt can be the best or whatever.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Take out all the operator FMVs and cosmetics.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Orv posted:

Have you had a CAT scan lately?

nanomachines

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Instead of removing maps you should put in a nuclear power plant map because I'm having a meltdown.

tjones
May 13, 2005
Remove all the skins and bullshit cosmetics. Remove the acog for everyone. Remove the stupid loot crates. Fix the glitches. Don't forget Poland. Take MP out of beta.

Man I should manage games. This poo poo is easy.

VVV Thanks mate :)

PS: Before anyone takes my shitposting seriously, removing the maps will suck even if I hate favela. I know people who love that horrible map in the same way I love Bartlett. As far as everyone I play with is concerned, we just want the loving bugs fixed. My group has quickly become smaller due to people losing interest and things like operation health and now the removal of the maps isn't making it easy to get them to keep playing. Make them fix the game Hard. Thanks.

tjones fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Aug 25, 2017

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

tjones posted:

Remove all the skins and bullshit cosmetics. Remove the acog for everyone. Remove the stupid loot crates. Fix the glitches. Don't forget Poland. Take MP out of beta.

Man I should manage games. This poo poo is easy.

I'd vote for you

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

wait they are temporarily pulling the shittiest maps and reworking them, and goons are pissed about that?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

rap music posted:

wait they are temporarily pulling the shittiest maps and reworking them, and goons are pissed about that?

they arent even removing them from the game, just making it impossible to play them in normal multiplayer, which is even dumber.

While all of these are astoundingly bad decisions, I think the part that makes me actually angry is the fact that the stated reason is to make it easier for new players to learn the maps. I mean, haha are you for real nigga just play more.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
do what rocket league did and convert every single map to the exact same boring design lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

rap music posted:

They will rework "some of" the maps they remove, and eventually they will just remove maps entirely and forever, no rework.

How anyone is defending any of this, even sarcastically, is beyond me.

• Locked thread