Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Safety Factor posted:

No, it doesn't. Power level is used for the summoning roll, but you aren't setting aside Power points for summoned units. They're just free.

I thought you could do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Safety Factor posted:

No, it doesn't. Power level is used for the summoning roll, but you aren't setting aside Power points for summoned units. They're just free.

Only because the Reinforcement Points is a Matched Play rule. It's very easy to say "We're playing Matched Play with PL"

In fact, when my group uses the Open War deck, its just Matched Play with PL and an understanding that going a bit over or under is ok (so we can use the Ruse cards).

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

MonsterEnvy posted:

I thought you could do that.

JoshTheStampede posted:

Only because the Reinforcement Points is a Matched Play rule. It's very easy to say "We're playing Matched Play with PL"

In fact, when my group uses the Open War deck, its just Matched Play with PL and an understanding that going a bit over or under is ok (so we can use the Ruse cards).
Exactly. It is a Matched play rule and is not covered in Open or Narrative. Nothing is stopping you from doing this, of course, but it is not included in those sections. It would basically fall under house ruling.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
This fire raptor is the most painful model I've built to date. That includes a chinacast spartan. I've glued my hand to my hairdryer 4 times so far.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Booley posted:

This fire raptor is the most painful model I've built to date. That includes a chinacast spartan. I've glued my hand to my hairdryer 4 times so far.

This is the price you pay for getting a decent Sicaran.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Booley posted:

_________________/

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

panascope posted:

_________________/

Yes, I play eve, what of it? I have resin to spend $5 on rather than changing the avatar someone bought me.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Safety Factor posted:

Exactly. It is a Matched play rule and is not covered in Open or Narrative. Nothing is stopping you from doing this, of course, but it is not included in those sections. It would basically fall under house ruling.

Narrative play is all house rules, friend

We play matched play rules in Narrative missions/with PLs all the time

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Yeah, really for us Matched Play just means "Playing 40k". It means Rule of One, roughly matched army values, pay for summoned models, and everything has to be battleforged. Everything else is fungible.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Booley posted:

Yes, I play eve, what of it? I have resin to spend $5 on rather than changing the avatar someone bought me.

That's quite the pony you got there.

*shuffles away slowly*

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Booley posted:

:wink:

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
I really hate the models for kastellan robots but I really love the rules, they're exactly what I need against primaris. Any ideas of models I could use as a proxy that are a bit more dieselpunk, or at least a bit more skitariish?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

You could try the much, much better Castellax from Forgeworld.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

!Klams posted:

I really hate the models for kastellan robots but I really love the rules, they're exactly what I need against primaris. Any ideas of models I could use as a proxy that are a bit more dieselpunk, or at least a bit more skitariish?

Available here. Just uh, don't look at the rest of the site.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Actually you should look at the rest of their site because they have hilarious and wild wacky poo poo like this KERRIGENE STEALER

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

TTerrible posted:

Oh wow, that's loving perfect, thanks!! Why not look at the rest of the site though, this stuff seems cool? Let's see...

...oh. Oh, it's all skeezy as all loving get out, because of course it is. Shame on me for even wondering really. Still though, you rule!

Also, had a look at Castellax... It's a really hard to define thing, because all of 40k looks like it was drawn by a 14 year old boy, and that's half the charm, but, I dunno I find a lot of like the titans and knights and stuff, and these Castellax, to be just the wrong side of that. The kastellan at least are just kinda not in keeping. I mean, in my opinion, obviously.

!Klams fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Aug 25, 2017

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Cypher what did they do to you

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

TTerrible posted:

I actually have 4 to 6 of those heads, from an old project, if anyone is interested.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
You shut your goddamn mouths, Kastelan's are awesome B movie Robots. Especially if you cut the nobs off their legs and position them boss as hell.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Are you satisfied with your heresy?

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Broken Record Talk posted:

I actually have 4 to 6 of those heads, from an old project, if anyone is interested.

Well certainly I am interested, but I'm uk based, so I dunno if that ruins everything?

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
Played a match against Space Wolves today, my Fulgurite Electro-Priests finally did work! They took out a Fenrisian Great Axe/Blizzard Shield Venerable Dreadnought in a single turn of combat. Rolled 3 mortal wounds on the charge with Voltagheist Field and a whopping 15 mortal wounds in combat. The Dreadnought even went first in combat through command points and only managed to kill 2 of them. I know the performance was way above average, but it at least gives me hope that they'll pretty much destroy anything in close combat given the numbers and right movement maneuvering. Having Chant of the Remorseless Fist active as my canticle certainly didn't hurt either. Ended up winning the match 7-2 as a cherry on top. Still waiting for the Tempestus Scions to shine but they'll get their day, in the meantime I'm gonna try to avoid deep striking against hardy units with good invulnerable saves.

Quick question, against units that have an ability that lets them make an extra attack before being removed from play when they die, do the electro-priests gain their 3++ before that extra attack or after?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

What are people using to produce those nice-looking, cleanly-formatted army lists?

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
Battlescribe, there's an app for it as well

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

goose willis posted:

Only revealed the truth that the Lion has been trying to keep secret for ten millenia - "The Fallen" aren't heretics at all; they're women.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

There's no way in hell that's a paint job, what sort of app are they using to gently caress with the colors and contrast

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Ilor posted:

Only revealed the truth that the Lion has been trying to keep secret for ten millenia - "The Fallen" aren't heretics at all; they're women.

That's why the Dark Angels cast them out

Cainer
May 8, 2008

!Klams posted:

I'm thinking of picking up the 30k equivalents, they look so rad.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

goose willis posted:

There's no way in hell that's a paint job, what sort of app are they using to gently caress with the colors and contrast

It's not even a picture of the model - it's the CG render of the sculpt.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

goose willis posted:

I wanna say it looks like the Plastic Wrap photoshop filter that was all the rage back in '06. It could just be a CG pre-render

ed: See above

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Cainer posted:

I'm thinking of picking up the 30k equivalents, they look so rad.

30K Mechanicum models are baller as gently caress

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

!Klams posted:

Well certainly I am interested, but I'm uk based, so I dunno if that ruins everything?

US here, so that probably means it isn't worth it for you. Shipping will cost more than buying them new.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

30k best k

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
One of the easiest and best Kastelan changes is simply putting the head on backwards.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Zuul the Cat posted:

One of the easiest and best Kastelan changes is simply putting the head on backwards.

Wow that is so much better

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

JoshTheStampede posted:

Nah, I think black pants would get lost with the black-shaded metal. Yellow works, especially since the visible pants are so small they need to be bright to really show up at all.

Zuul the Cat posted:

I think it looks good. A single, solid white or bone stripe might help them pop a bit more. You could change it up on each dude so they're unique.

Thanks guys. I tried the stripe and it does add a little pop to him, good idea. Looking forward to painting tiny stripes on all the dudes now :suicide: Although at least with AdMech there's not that many basic infantry and I'll do something different on the robots.

goose willis posted:

Hey baby, did it hurt when you fell from hea- *plasma*

e: wow that site is a goldmine. Ever wanted a sexy tech-priest? Now you can have one:

And then mixed in with the boobpriests and titty commissars there's these cool looking Imperial cars which would make excellent scatter terrain:

https://wargameexclusive.com/shop/imperial-soldiers/imperial-city-car-mk-ix-28mm/

Living Image fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Aug 25, 2017

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Corrode posted:

Thanks guys. I tried the stripe and it does add a little pop to him, good idea. Looking forward to painting tiny stripes on all the dudes now :suicide: Although at least with AdMech there's not that many basic infantry and I'll do something different on the robots.

e: wow that site is a goldmine. Ever wanted a sexy tech-priest? Now you can have one:

And then mixed in with the boobpriests and titty commissars there's these cool looking Imperial cars which would make excellent scatter terrain:

https://wargameexclusive.com/shop/imperial-soldiers/imperial-city-car-mk-ix-28mm/

Some bangin' titties.

Who the gently caress can play with those and think "Yeah nobody thinks I'm a pervert.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

Who the gently caress can play with those and think "Yeah nobody thinks I'm a pervert.

I'm kind of iffy on buying and playing with certain Malifaux models because of that reason. I just don't need that much T&A in my miniatures games.

For example, these two. Granted it's 2D but the minis are basically identical.

The one on the left isn't great, but it's okay. The one on the right is just gratuitous.

Floppychop fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Aug 25, 2017

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
I applaud their dedication to making their minis look like someone's deviantart account circa 2005.

Would totally go for a non-tiddy version of that tech priestess though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Corrode posted:

I think the latest 30k bat rep on GMG has a guy that uses one of their booby tech priests as his dominus (dominuss? dominess?)

And i just realised that Owen uses their not-commissars.