Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
I got in with no password somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Dilber posted:

I mean, yeah. You have a bunch of ACC titles, and have done better than us recently.

Don't make this about VT, motherfucking Duke has more ACC success than Miami.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Crotch Bat posted:

Don't make this about VT, motherfucking Duke has more ACC success than Miami.

yeah, but they don't have a trophy case i can mock.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Well thank god for small miracles.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Girls, girls, you're both terrible.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The best/worst thing about being a fan of Texas State is that there is no smack talk.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Komet posted:

Virginia and William & Mary might be close

Must be a reloading year for W&M

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

all-Rush mixtape posted:

The best/worst thing about being a fan of Texas State is that there is no smack talk.

you're poo poo

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

all-Rush mixtape posted:

I'm willing to talk poo poo on behalf of my beloved UTSA Roadrunners (Meep Meep, Bitch)

E: wait gently caress Texas State is in the Sun Belt ugh. Umm, my beloved Troy Trojans?

MourningView fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Aug 24, 2017

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

all-Rush mixtape posted:

It's okay. There won't be a bobcat team after the next 4 days with 20 inches of raining flooding all of San Marcos.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

All my 'Go Noles' did was spur arguments nooo

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Aug 24, 2017

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
A conversation the other day led me to realize that outside of the SEC, I really don't give a poo poo about other teams/conferences. I'll watch the games, sure, but ultimately unless it affects Tennessee, I couldn't care less who wins or loses.

What would you guys think about doing a thread where we each get a team in a different conference to root for, randomly selected by other goons? Like a raffle system of some kind where if I were to match up with pillsburysoldier, for example, they would pick a team in another conference (can't be their own team or someone on my teams schedule) for me to root for. That includes rooting against rivals if there are any.

I would have no idea how to implement this but I thought it would make the season more interesting.

e: also disclaimer that my level of effort into this would be super low and I'm hoping someone else would want to pick it up

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Iunno, my team is FSU, but i often root for wazzou, tcu, duke until the nazis, arky iowa, okie state, charlie strong, against urban meyer, etc.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

the mean lunch lady posted:

I got in with no password somehow

me too

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, I root for FSU always, and a variety of other teams, especially huge underdogs. Nobody in conference or those inbreds in Gainesville, though.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
As soon as I hit post I lost interest in going through all that and decided I'm going to randomly root for Washington because Dubs is A Good Dog and dog mascots are cool and I think Dubs and Smokey would be bros.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

all-Rush mixtape posted:

I'd give you poo poo if Fran was still coaching there

Um... ESPN ranked you the unhappiest fanbase in all of CFB so uh cheer up? I got nothing

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Watching that montage of bad UF passing/catching was fun though

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Joey Freshwater posted:

A conversation the other day led me to realize that outside of the SEC, I really don't give a poo poo about other teams/conferences. I'll watch the games, sure, but ultimately unless it affects Tennessee, I couldn't care less who wins or loses.

What would you guys think about doing a thread where we each get a team in a different conference to root for, randomly selected by other goons? Like a raffle system of some kind where if I were to match up with pillsburysoldier, for example, they would pick a team in another conference (can't be their own team or someone on my teams schedule) for me to root for. That includes rooting against rivals if there are any.

I would have no idea how to implement this but I thought it would make the season more interesting.

e: also disclaimer that my level of effort into this would be super low and I'm hoping someone else would want to pick it up

We used to do adopt-a-mid-major. That was fun. Then it got to be :effort:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Joey Freshwater posted:

One..benefit? of changing conferences I've noticed. I still care way too much about the Big 12 and root against Texas (and obviously Kansas) every year. I'm pumped about watching OU/OSU/KSU fight things out this year.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

kayakyakr posted:

Didn't that also correlate with Boise State being the mid major consistently in the running for a while there too? And conference realignment :(

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Lets go the North Texas Mean Green, bitch

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I've never given enough of a gently caress about the Big 12 and especially Big Ten to pick rooting interests there, but I pull for UNC (they're my No. 2 as my childhood/hometown team) and I've always had a soft spot for Arizona State for some reason. Utah used to be my mid-major of choice, back when they were still in the Mountain West, so I've been watching their adjustment to the Pac-12 with interest. I also root for Army because my dad went to West Point and I hate watching successful teams, apparently.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I usually pick a team in each major conference (aside from the Big XII) to root for when the year starts based on various interests or how much I like their coach or something like that.

This year it'll prolly be: UW (pet a dubs), NW (usually), and LSU (I like Dave Aranda). Haven't picked an ACC team, but I'm rooting against Syracuse. Also rooting for SDSU (dunno why, just like SDSU), Tulane (I like Willie Fritz), BGSU (Mike Jinks), and Troy (For some reason I like Neal Brown too?).

Who should I pick in the ACC?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

pillsburysoldier posted:

Watching that montage of bad UF passing/catching was fun though

Yeah so LDR is legitimately possibly the starter for Michigan.

Until that bit of news came out, I was optimistic.

The fact that he is even competing is a bad bad sign for Zaire and Franks. Like bad.

Randaconda posted:

Yeah, I root for FSU always, and a variety of other teams, especially huge underdogs. Nobody in conference or those inbreds in Gainesville, though.

Uh, the panhandle is basically southern Alabama.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kayakyakr posted:

I usually pick a team in each major conference (aside from the Big XII) to root for when the year starts based on various interests or how much I like their coach or something like that.

This year it'll prolly be: UW (pet a dubs), NW (usually), and LSU (I like Dave Aranda). Haven't picked an ACC team, but I'm rooting against Syracuse. Also rooting for SDSU (dunno why, just like SDSU), Tulane (I like Willie Fritz), BGSU (Mike Jinks), and Troy (For some reason I like Neal Brown too?).

Who should I pick in the ACC?

Either FSU or Wake Forest

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah so LDR is legitimately possibly the starter for Michigan.

Until that bit of news came out, I was optimistic.

The fact that he is even competing is a bad bad sign for Zaire and Franks. Like bad.

Uh, the panhandle is basically southern Alabama.

whatever, jorts

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

all-Rush mixtape posted:

We stole your coach 11 years ago. He kinda sucks. I'm not sure which team this reflects badly on.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

kayakyakr posted:

Yeah but it also led to a hilarious meltdown by someone about how adopting a mid major team was elitist by major conference programs

It went on for paaaaages

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Ungratek posted:

Yeah but it also led to a hilarious meltdown by someone about how adopting a mid major team was elitist by major conference programs

It went on for paaaaages

oooo, I remember that. That was amazing.

e: someone also got upset at me for calling CSU's Hughe's Stadium "cute"

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Always root against Cuse.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ungratek posted:

It went on for paaaaages

link?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Lol, even Tulane would own Texas State.

kayakyakr posted:

This year it'll prolly be: Tulane (I like Willie Fritz)

:yeah:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
My general rule is that I will root for any midmajor that runs the option

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Ungratek posted:

It went on for paaaaages

I remember that was the Hawaii fan. I dunno if he posts anymore or not.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Just :lol: if you don't have FAU as your adopted mid-major this year.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

swickles posted:

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

I did my Masters there so :getin:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

swickles posted:

it's great when a midmajor goes full heel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Randaconda posted:

whatever, jorts

Hey....hey....I don't wear jorts they are loving awful.

• Locked thread