Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The key to smart homeownership is to not under any circumstances follow the rule of thumb for how much house you can afford. Buy way way way under your means.

Rule of thumb is three times your yearly income, but people buy up to or slightly over that and are hosed as soon as anything goes wrong.

what shithole town do you live in that houses arent 15x yearly income

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

tithin posted:

I'm very said I missed the double sex number

peasant

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Duscat posted:

i've actually talked to the city a couple of times, because we're getting this huge blast of runoff from a side street up the hill that comes right in my uphill neighbor's driveway and mine

they say they're putting up new sidewalks in our street in 2018 and that'll fix it and that's the earliest they can do anything anyway

just start sandbagging the municipal street s

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
lol @ engaging Tayne

learn the lessons ive learned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i91XV07Vsc0

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Reality Winner posted:

hold on, wait for it

:ssh:

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

um peasants are good and cool sir

as a prominent pesant i

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Duscat posted:

in brokaw's defense, he and all other old school journalists had no idea what the gently caress was even happening when the meme magic frogs boosted by russian botnets took over political discourse on the right

There's certainly something weird about seeing the old world getting overrun by the new one, a little mortality reminder that at some point the old guard will die out and the current generation will take over. There's sort of a disbelief that all the dumb opinions on the internet would ever matter to The Discourse(tm) as managed by massive media conglomerates who've been at this for decades, but yeah, they're increasingly unable to explain the world outside their own sphere or control the direction of the country from it.

That bit about looking at the only sorts of young people becoming Republicans any more and imagining what's going to happen to that party once Generation Pepe comes to political maturity is pretty goddamn unpleasant. At some point the old generation is going to die out or lose grip on power and it'll be lord of the flies in here.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Agrajag posted:

this is duscat in a few months

y'all joke but that is actually a thing that can happen in these parts

what's a quick way to put together a ground penetrating radar, i have microcontrollers and basic ic components

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Reality Winner posted:

The vast majority of America has cheaper houses.

If you're in a place where houses cost 15x your yearly income, you can't afford to own. Sorry. That's life. Blame the boomers.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Reality Winner posted:

I'm p. sure the only houses in portland that cost 3x my annual income are an hour outside the city in rural shitholes like vernonia and gresham

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Dolash posted:

There's certainly something weird about seeing the old world getting overrun by the new one, a little mortality reminder that at some point the old guard will die out and the current generation will take over. There's sort of a disbelief that all the dumb opinions on the internet would ever matter to The Discourse(tm) as managed by massive media conglomerates who've been at this for decades, but yeah, they're increasingly unable to explain the world outside their own sphere or control the direction of the country from it.

That bit about looking at the only sorts of young people becoming Republicans any more and imagining what's going to happen to that party once Generation Pepe comes to political maturity is pretty goddamn unpleasant. At some point the old generation is going to die out or lose grip on power and it'll be lord of the flies in here.

that is extremely my poo poo

HereComesEverybody
Mar 2, 2007

a commodius vicus of recirculation back to Howth Castle and Environs.

Katy Tur's Phish references are nice but she can really shoehorn them in from time to time. She must have a running bet with that other Phishhead news guy on how many she can fit into a broadcast. Play it, Leo!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

tayne your right especially for first homes

underbuy and use excess incolm to improve the house

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Agrajag posted:

this is duscat in a few months

im the guy pissing in the hole while someone is staging a rescue

Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

tayne your right especially for first homes

underbuy and use excess incolm to improve the house

I just spent $27K on new siding and a new roof

That said, I don't plan on selling ever, they'll move me out of here in a casket.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

The vast majority of America has cheaper houses.

If you're in a place where houses cost 15x your yearly income, you can't afford to own. Sorry. That's life. Blame the boomers.

for Seattle, Shoreline and Renton have some pretty decent houses that aren't both your arms or legs

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

DrPossum posted:

actually thats me ill thank you to stop stealing my identity

Apr 7, 2003

Weeping Wound posted:

for Seattle, Shoreline and Renton have some pretty decent houses that aren't both your arms or legs

I hear Seattle is a sausage party due to the tech industry causing a gender misbalance, c/d?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

DrPossum posted:

you have a strong and healthy stream my bud

i salute your strength through urine streams

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

27k for a roof and siding sounds decent

when we bought j made sure roof was under 10 years old

but oh boy the bathrooms

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
what the hell is this olbermann garbage? tom going "SIR SIR SIR MR PRESIDENT SIR SIR MR PRESIDENT.... no"?

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

The key to smart homeownership is to not under any circumstances follow the rule of thumb for how much house you can afford. Buy way way way under your means.

Rule of thumb is three times your yearly income, but people buy up to or slightly over that and are hosed as soon as anything goes wrong.

I'm waiting for Trump to crash the economy. I missed out the last time a dumbass republican crashed the economy into the ground and made houses affordable for the working schmucks like me. (and I was in college)

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

I just spent $27K on new siding and a new roof

That said, I don't plan on selling ever, they'll move me out of here in a casket.

lol you think they make caskets in size fat as gently caress

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

i piss in all holes, text me if ur interested

heres my number: 555

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Our house cost a little under 1x our combined yearly income and we get poo poo from people about not buying enough house

Also Dr. FAUXTON's entire family are a bunch of yinz-spouting hill people who live near Wheeling and they all loathe pittsburgh to the point where they would rather drive to Columbus for poo poo they could get/do in pittsburgh because they said y'all drive like poo poo and never finish your loving roadwork

they still hoot and holler for that fat rapist quarterback though

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

Agrajag posted:

This will be him

http://nypost.com/2017/04/26/overly-obese-body-sets-crematorium-on-fire/

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

My hometown isn't one of the hot real estate markets and decent homes are still 100-200k, the only problem is it's drat near impossible for a young person to break into a decent job. You basically have to go away for school, pick up a few years' experience in an industry (while renting and probably not saving that much and maybe fighting down debts), then use that beefed up resume to break into one of the few jobs back home. Can't get a university degree or professional post-secondary program and job experience somewhere out of town? Service economy and eternal renting.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I hear Seattle is a sausage party due to the tech industry causing a gender misbalance, c/d?

it's getting worse by the day, but a lot of good folks live in and around places not named Pioneer Square and Lake Union

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
xpost hurricane thread (the coast there is galveston, inland area houston) https://twitter.com/GCarbin/status/900887170440941568

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

http://nypost.com/2017/08/24/powerball-winners-husband-was-recently-killed-in-freak-accident/

drat this lady got lucky tiwce

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/RealAlexJones/status/900888386168291328

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

gods testicle of wrath

Apr 7, 2003

Agrajag posted:

they'll find a way to bury you, don't worry

FAUXTON posted:

Our house cost a little under 1x our combined yearly income and we get poo poo from people about not buying enough house

Also Dr. FAUXTON's entire family are a bunch of yinz-spouting hill people who live near Wheeling and they all loathe pittsburgh to the point where they would rather drive to Columbus for poo poo they could get/do in pittsburgh because they said y'all drive like poo poo and never finish your loving roadwork

they still hoot and holler for that fat rapist quarterback though

Pittsburgh has hands down the worst drivers I have ever seen in my life, to the point where I refuse to drive anywhere

I spent a lot of time n New Jersey in my youth and Pittsburgh drivers are somehow worse

euphronius posted:

27k for a roof and siding sounds decent

when we bought j made sure roof was under 10 years old

but oh boy the bathrooms

I've got one bathroom but that's okay

everything besides the roof was brand new or less than ten years old and the siding was a luxury we splurged on

also

someone buy this mansion and renovate it into the CSPAM Fort

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/150-Stratford-Ave_Pittsburgh_PA_15206_M38559-64190#photo9

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

https://twitter.com/mccarthyryanj/status/900830566924386309

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

BAE OF PIGS posted:

I'm waiting for Trump to crash the economy. I missed out the last time a dumbass republican crashed the economy into the ground and made houses affordable for the working schmucks like me. (and I was in college)

very loving :same:

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

Dolash posted:

eternal renting.

welcome to my life

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

they'll find a way to bury you, don't worry

Pittsburgh has hands down the worst drivers I have ever seen in my life, to the point where I refuse to drive anywhere

I spent a lot of time n New Jersey in my youth and Pittsburgh drivers are somehow worse

I've got one bathroom but that's okay

everything besides the roof was brand new or less than ten years old and the siding was a luxury we splurged on

also

someone buy this mansion and renovate it into the CSPAM Fort

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/150-Stratford-Ave_Pittsburgh_PA_15206_M38559-64190#photo9

those porches omg

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

euphronius posted:

gods testicle of wrath

60 inches over 72 hours is quite the orgy

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

VectorSigma posted:

i live in wisconsin and i have never seen a rat that wasn't someone's pet or their pet's food

They run along the power lines in Florida

• Locked thread