Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

He's also cursed with being a D-lister for life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
That panel makes me think of Ryu doing a Shin Shoryuken on Zangief or something.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Ignite Memories posted:

That's a radical panel, but i can't for the life of me figure out how his left hand is moving in that direction as he twists his body the other way for that punch.

I think it's supposed to be motion blur as he's punching with the right hand.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

marshmallow creep posted:

Who is that punching Hulk?

Black Saitama.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I think it's supposed to be motion blur as he's punching with the right hand.

I think that is what Ignite is referring to, as the motion blur seems to indicate he's bringing his left hand up/towards his body, which is odd considering that his left arm would be swinging away as he's twisting his upper torso to uppercut with his right arm.

That is way too much thought put into a guy throwing a punch.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That Hulk face is one of the better punched-faces I've seen.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

I think the blur coming off Blue Marvel's left hand is wind/dust/whatever from the shockwaves coming from the punch. There's similar effects all around the circles coming from the point of impact.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

He's also cursed with being a D-lister for life.

Why is that?

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Ignite Memories posted:

That's a radical panel, but i can't for the life of me figure out how his left hand is moving in that direction as he twists his body the other way for that punch.

Super speed left hook.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Apocron posted:

Why is that?

Same reason they had to come up with a stupid reason to take away most of Doctor Strange's magic to use him, most bad guys can be summed up with "and then the Blue Marvel flew threw him at mach 2."

Also, he's a relatively recent character.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Plus he's got one of those "been around forever, but nobody remembers him until now/has been kept secret" story deals that is just asking to be hated by the fans.

Also regarding the motion lines, in my head he's already swinging a left hook to follow up that right uppercut.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I had a friend who said that the Blue Marvel was his favourite Marvel character and I honestly didn't believe he existed until I googled him.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Apocron posted:

I had a friend who said that the Blue Marvel was his favourite Marvel character and I honestly didn't believe he existed until I googled him.

He's cool in all the Ewing books he's been in. I haven't read the mini where he was introduced.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

He's cool in all the Ewing books he's been in. I haven't read the mini where he was introduced.

Me neither. I have read a little one shot with him in that Age of Heroes anthology after Siege that's basically Blue Marvel sitting in his totally-not-the-Fortress-of-Solitude underwater and going "drat, man, I gotta get off my rear end and get back in the game!"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Doing insanely cool poo poo with C-listers is Al Ewing's amazing superpower.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Skwirl posted:

It was actually not nearly as bad as I was expecting, given the whole "dude who's awesome and has been around forever but you've never heard of him until now" hook. I quite liked it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

It was actually not nearly as bad as I was expecting, given the whole "dude who's awesome and has been around forever but you've never heard of him until now" hook. I quite liked it.

Well usually there's some weird mind wipe story like with Sentry to go along with that where everyone doesn't remember him. Blue Marvel's reason is a bit more lovely and unfortunately realistic based on the climate at the time he quit. And then he eventually just goes to work at a University.

Also Blue Marvel was buddies with Uatu which automatically makes him cool in my book.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

X-O posted:

Well usually there's some weird mind wipe story like with Sentry to go along with that where everyone doesn't remember him. Blue Marvel's reason is a bit more lovely and unfortunately realistic based on the climate at the time he quit. And then he eventually just goes to work at a University.

Also Blue Marvel was buddies with Uatu which automatically makes him cool in my book.

He is also dating the best Captain Marvel

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

bobkatt013 posted:

He is also dating the best Captain Marvel

I thought he was still dead.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Toshimo posted:

I thought he was still dead.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
So, the folks in Delicious in Dungeon are hunting a Red Dragon. Laius, the swordsman, lost his sister to the damned beast only weeks before. ( Read right to left )

It tears through their party like paper, and nothing they have can scratch it's armour. It's only weakpoint is a missing scale on its neck.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Squidster posted:

So, the folks in Delicious in Dungeon are hunting a Red Dragon. Laius, the swordsman, lost his sister to the damned beast only weeks before. ( Read right to left )

It tears through their party like paper, and nothing they have can scratch it's armour. It's only weakpoint is a missing scale on its neck.

Haven't I seen this ridiculed before in this very thread?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

ecavalli posted:

Haven't I seen this ridiculed before in this very thread?

That was a different manga with a dragon who's scale is not properly established in any of the panels.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Getting purposely injured/maimed in order to get an opening for a killing blow is always cool and badass.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I don't think Delicious in Dungeon has been posted to this thread yet; I have posted some manga to it in the past. Delicious in Dungeon is hella charming and full of fun characters, so it has my whole-hearted recommendation for those who like:

1) cool heroes fighting weird monsters
2) cool heroes cooking and eating the aforementioned

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Also every character is fantastic and the moment Dungeons & Dinners stopped being posted in the good webcomic thread was a sad one

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Squidster posted:

I don't think Delicious in Dungeon has been posted to this thread yet; I have posted some manga to it in the past. Delicious in Dungeon is hella charming and full of fun characters, so it has my whole-hearted recommendation for those who like:

1) cool heroes fighting weird monsters
2) cool heroes cooking and eating the aforementioned

3) The elf being horrified yet still cant stop eating monsters

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

That was neat (loved the little detail of his cheeks flapping as he flew) but I can't get over "SFX: LEAN"

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

hup posted:

That was neat (loved the little detail of his cheeks flapping as he flew) but I can't get over "SFX: LEAN"

It's one of those weird things with manga, they have sound effects for loving EVERYTHING. Stretching has a sound effect, staring has a sound effect, silence has a goddamn sound effect.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Alacron posted:

It's one of those weird things with manga overly literal translators

Just imagine if every American comic you read had "KABOOOOOMMMMM" replaced with "sfx: explosion" or "SCREEEEEEEEEE" with "sfx: tires squealing".

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Nipponophile posted:

Just imagine if every American comic you read had "KABOOOOOMMMMM" replaced with "sfx: explosion" or "SCREEEEEEEEEE" with "sfx: tires squealing".

Well? Go on, what would you put for leaning?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I would use shluppy and bathroom for every sound effect

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Babe Magnet posted:

I would use shluppy and bathroom for every sound effect

I still can't quite wrap my mind around how "Shluppy" would sound (probably sfx:lean), but if I'm remembering the context correctly, the "ba--THROOM!" was loving brilliant.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I am pretty sure I have seen comics with 'Throw' and 'Catch' put in as sound effects.

Edit: I think it was actually 'Toss!'

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
NURPLE

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Doc Hawkins posted:

Well? Go on, what would you put for leaning?

FAPPO!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Defenders #4

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It is loving weird to see Jessica Jones do something besides worry about her stupid loving kid in a comic again.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Who is that man that Danny is beating to death, and what did he do to deserve the flashy poo poo in public?

Other than throw Jessica through a window, I mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

goatface posted:

Who is that man that Danny is beating to death, and what did he do to deserve the flashy poo poo in public?

Other than throw Jessica through a window, I mean.

That dude is Diamondback, and he has been kind of a dick in the "pfft I have plans for all you super-types" way in the Defenders comic thus far. Right up until Iron Fist kicked seven shades of poo poo out of him.