Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Weeping Wound posted:

nuclear power owns though

the energy grid can totally support it in places that aren't near hurricanes though, jeez

nuclear power does own but it is also dying because people are monumental fuckin idiots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
dipping hatch tortilla chips in milk

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
primary and general chat loving blows, none of it is funny and its tedious whatifism and whataboutism

now hurricane deathwatch because Trump admin doesn't give a poo poo otoh...

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Young Orc

Oiled and Ready posted:

Bernie crossover chat is hilarious because it is a low number, not a high one, and the only reason to talk about it is that if anything it debunks the bernie-trump voter myth

way more pumas voted for McCain in 2008

if hillary had won noone would give a poo poo

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/Scaramucci/status/900941625098084352

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
woah my stomach has an opinion

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Oiled and Ready posted:

Bernie crossover chat is hilarious because it is a low number, not a high one, and the only reason to talk about it is that if anything it debunks the bernie-trump voter myth

:ssh: they would have been trump voters even if he won

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lastgirl posted:

primary and general chat loving blows, none of it is funny and its tedious whatifism and whataboutism

what if the hurricane was that bird

🐦

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Boy this Bernie guy, let me tell you something, I think, the democrats should have run him

I'm starting to think he would have won

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Unfortunately, Trump tweets from the beforetime, pre-escalator, are not canon anymore. They are now non-canon "Trump Legends" because the Trumpian Extended Universe has zero cohesion if they are included.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
we could produce our own loving hurricanes if we located out powerp[lants to the ocean

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Oiled and Ready posted:

the article actually even points out that bernie > trump voters are a smaller margin than hillary > mccain voters in 08 but sure lol it's all about racist bernie bros

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
all these houston refugees, im gonna have to grab an extra box or two of ammo for my road gun

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Admiral Ray posted:

we could produce our own loving hurricanes if we located out powerp[lants to the ocean

you have any idea how much energy we could harness if we had wind turbines on the coastlines?

but hey, we can put solar panels on THE WALL

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Lastgirl posted:

*extremely goth voice* it all ends in death one way is as good as another

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Dewgy posted:

the article actually even points out that bernie > trump voters are a smaller margin than hillary > mccain voters in 08 but sure lol it's all about racist bernie bros

I mean, HillaryIs44 went for Trump this time, so Racism might not be a horrible predictor here

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lastgirl posted:

you have any idea how much energy we could harness if we had wind turbines on the coastlines?

wait

put solar panels on the hurricane

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
a good model for the trump administration would be to drain the oil from ur cars engine. And then get in, start it up and drive away~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUfmDUOqgx4

:dare:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Lastgirl posted:

mother should I run for president
-Donald J Trump, probably

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Sir Tonk posted:

way more pumas voted for McCain in 2008

if hillary had won noone would give a poo poo

Wrong, this same data would be aggressively used to convince the majority of Bernie people, who definitely didn't vote, that Trump Bernouts were a radical fringe, and if they don't fall in line with neolibs they are guilty by association

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
actually listening to the song and lol wtf is going on

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Lastgirl posted:

gently caress that, wave harvesters are the real future of off-shore power generation

...which, like off-shore wind turbines, will be a real bitch to build because of nimby morons crying about their views

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mormonpartyboat posted:

wait

put solar panels on the hurricane

etremeply bond villain: :bisonyes:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

financially racist posted:

nuclear power does own but it is also dying because people are monumental fuckin idiots

there's also the small matter of nuclear waste nobody seems interested in dealing with since right-wing ideology is incapable of dealing with actual existential threats partly because it is an existential threat all by itself

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The Glumslinger posted:

I mean, HillaryIs44 went for Trump this time, so Racism might not be a horrible predictor here

have you ever considered a name change to the cumslinger

If not I really think you should

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
so

i've been kinda terrified of taylor swift for a long time

like, she wields incredible power imho

if she was in public and pointed at someone and said BRING ME HIS HEAD

it would happen, it would get done, and no one would ever speak of it again

... pretty sure the new song is tay activating her sleeper army

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
whaa what if people from houston start taking refuge in Louisiana and then the Louisiana people get all racist over it

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Chokes McGee posted:

“I didn’t want this job. I didn’t seek this job.” [Tillerson] paused to let that sink in.

A beat or two passed before an aide piped up to ask him why he said yes.

“My wife told me I’m supposed to do this.”

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Chokes McGee posted:

"She should be running"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

sloppo posted:

so

i've been kinda terrified of taylor swift for a long time

like, she wields incredible power imho

if she was in public and pointed at someone and said BRING ME HIS HEAD

it would happen, it would get done, and no one would ever speak of it again

... pretty sure the new song is tay activating her sleeper army

Member of the Katy Perry #resistance checking in o7

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
the hurricane is trump and the us is also trump

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe
ugh when is lord poseidon going to swallow texas im so bored

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
so it feels like the hurricane area should be evacuated. Why hasn't that happened yet?

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
I bet the people who voted for a Nazi instead of a Feminist would have voted for a Communist Jew if given the opportunity.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

The Nastier Nate posted:

so it feels like the hurricane area should be evacuated. Why hasn't that happened yet?

lol

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
if taylor swift ran as the GOP presidential candidate in 2020 she'd win in a loving landslide and the US would be a global fascist tidal wave

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Oiled and Ready posted:

JESUS gently caress O+R HAS A CORRECT TAKE????

gently caress THIS 2017

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Ages posted:

ugh when is lord poseidon going to swallow texas im so bored

this is hubris, do you want to be next in the list

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Chokes McGee posted:

this is hubris, do you want to be next in the list