Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Neither the new RG nor the inevitable next MG have been announced. RG Johnny Ridden's Zaku II and MG GM Sniper Custom are P-Bandai.

EDIT: ...Is what I sincerely thought given Bandai's recent practice, but jokes on me. They really are general release.

I'm actually surprised. Both of those would've been easy to justify as P-Bandai.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Aug 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Yeah, I have to question the logic that makes MG Heavyarms Custom a p-bandai, and RG Johnny Rotten's Zaku an official release.

Seems rather strange on a popularity and unique sculpted assets note.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
It's probably to give the design team a breather after managing to achieve the goddamn Unicorn Gundam not being a shrapnel-launching piece of poo poo.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Speaking of pieces of poo poo, I got the Aesculapius and it's as terrible as I expected articulation and color separation-wise. I'm just a sucker for G-Unit designs.

It's impressively stanky; 0 double jointed limbs, rubber hands, and every gold part (claws, fin, dick tip, vents) is a sticker. Crab Mode also has single-piece sculpted square tubes, in case you were worried that its arms might achieve right angle poses.

...but it's still a Gundam that cosplays as a Z-Gok, so I have no regrets.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Aug 24, 2017

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I would much rather have Shin's Zaku over Ridden's. White > Red.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

A general release Mg is always welcome, it's just a design that's kind of "meh."

Guess they're saving their big guns for the December release.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I would much rather have Shin's Zaku over Ridden's. White > Red.

But Johnny > Matsunaga. He's the guy who took home a bronze medal in murder, but everyone thinks he's Char, who's cooler and handsomer and a newtype, so Johnny just kind of has to keep explaining that, no, Char couldn't be here, but he's the Crimson Lightning, and isn't that good enough?

Also, unlike Shin, Johnny never quit a cushy government gig over Side 3 going "Hahahaha, NO." to Gato's demands that Zeon rise again.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm quite happy with the new announcements. The BD 2 means we're one step closer to getting a revive of the basic ground Gundam, and the RG Zaku 2 was one of my favorite builds ever, so the high mobility type will be fun as well.

And there's also that origin Zaku Half Cannon thing.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
I just wish we had gotten the Gouf instead of a special pilot zaku.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just wish we had gotten literally anything that wasn't a Zaku instead of another Zaku

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Just wait for the next hguc after the Blue destiny units are done to be the Zaku JC type.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I wish we'd gotten a mechanicore Zaku :kheldragar:

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.
Hey its not Gundam but I just finished the pre-painting work for a 1/20 Mechatrowego kit. I had never heard of these but they looked hella cute so of course I had to get one.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

worthless. posted:

Hey its not Gundam but I just finished the pre-painting work for a 1/20 Mechatrowego kit. I had never heard of these but they looked hella cute so of course I had to get one.

the is possibly the best mecha photograph ive ever seen

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Booyah- posted:

the is possibly the best mecha photograph ive ever seen

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
I have a Wego to build myself but he's orange. :kimchi: I'm excited!

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Turns out almost all of the new releases from GM's Counterattack are P-Bandai.

I guess Island Wars' line of kits didn't do that hot. :negative:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I think they should rename the Origin/MSD HG line to Zaku Suit Origin, More Zaku Discoveries. They've got a standard release of the Half Cannon and a Kycilia Zabi Zaku 1 custom coming out, as well as the C5 that is just around the corner. I love the Origin Zaku design, but this is getting a little ridiculous.

Char's Zaku II
Zaku 1 Slender/Denim Custom
Zaku High Mobility Type Gaia/Mash Custom
Zaku High Mobility Type Ortega Custom
Zaku 1 Black Tristars ver.
Zaku II C/C5 Type
Zaku 1 Kycillia Zabi Custom
Zaku Half Cannon
Char's Zaku 1
Char's Zaku 1 Customized

The only P-Bandai on this list is the Zaku 1 Black Tristars version. I do like the Half Cannon though. It's underslung arm guns remind me of the XV-88 Broadside suit from 40K.

EDIT: Shoot, I forgot the Zaku High Mobility Test Type from P-Bandai. The one based on the prototype from 08th MS Team.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Aug 25, 2017

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

Is.. is that a HGBF Psycho Gundam with a GM head?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Watch the BF OVA.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Turns out almost all of the new releases from GM's Counterattack are P-Bandai.

I guess Island Wars' line of kits didn't do that hot. :negative:

The GM, Ninpulse, and Star Burning Gundam are all regular releases, with two accessory packs. Assuming Mao and Fellini's are P-Bandai's like the Z'gok (I'm assuming you saw it confirmed, since I haven't seen that), it puts it pretty near an even divide.

Kind of figuring the Psycho's a P-Bandai too, then?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Want to trade some general release zakus for some of your p-bandai? That list is only going to get longer.
(And given my love for the design my wallet will get a lot thinner)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Once again proving my point that every single UC Gundam looks better with a GM head.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

Once again proving my point that every single UC Gundam looks better with a GM head.

The V-Fin is dumb as hell and Gundam heads look way too much like human heads for my real robot sensibilities.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh poo poo the new petitgguys come with English placards

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Zeon Covert Ops really fell on rough times after the budget cuts.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 363 days!

Booyah- posted:

Yep it's that type of marker, which I am loving so far. It doesn't have a problem with PS plastic which is the majority of sprues in most kits. ABS is the softer type that they use for a lot of joint parts instead of the rubbery connector stuff. In modern kits any ABS sprues are more clearly marked then before, but all sprues will have an indication somewhere of the type of plastic.

By the way, what do you use to clean with the alcohol? Q-tips seem too big and absorbent.

Ah, I don't touch the ABS parts or any connectors with the marker, that would explain it. to clean, I use Tamiya cotton swabs, they're basically q-tips but are pointy and have a small surface area. They're like $5 for 50 at Hobby Lobby.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Guy Goodbody posted:

oh poo poo the new petitgguys come with English placards

I was already going to buy all of these, now I'm gonna buy them all and love it 2x as much.

Need some Gundam Wing ones too. A little petit'gguy wearing duo's hat :3

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Neurolimal posted:

Zeon Covert Ops really fell on rough times after the budget cuts.

Good guess, but wrong emblem; They're Celestial Being variants (the blue one being Setsuna's, and the green one is Lockon Stratos).

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012

worthless. posted:

Wow, I love that boy and I gotta know more about the line so I can own all of them.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

worthless. posted:

Does it come with a little figurine to put inside or do you have to buy those separately?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
We[ed]Go's are adorable, but kinda expensive for what they are.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Droyer posted:

Does it come with a little figurine to put inside or do you have to buy those separately?

Some do, some don't. The Nichijou one comes with a little Professor and Nano but I don't think the EVA01 one comes with a little Shinji.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

EthanSteele posted:

Some do, some don't. The Nichijou one comes with a little Professor and Nano but I don't think the EVA01 one comes with a little Shinji.

Give me a link the Nichijou one right loving now. :shepspends:

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Give me a link the Nichijou one right loving now. :shepspends:

It sold out at amiami and hobbysearch, but it might be in other places though! [url=http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-RBT-3961This is it[/url] to aid you in your search. I have one in the backlog pile because I'm a cheeky boy who got the last one at hobbysearch.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

So, the mega size unicorn comes with waterslides, wasn't expecting that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWiqBys9Uh8

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
GM GaoGaiGar is complete! For a debut piece, GM have definitely earned my attention, especially if their goal is to make more model kits of SOCs.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So who do I have to kill to get them to do the Aquarion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Can you hear it? I'm sure you can hear it. That far-off roar!