Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Reisen's pretty good in Legacy, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

A bomb that's literally just tanking hits in a shmup will do that for a character, yeah.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Yeah I would rather Legacy mode just not exist but it's there and I know it's possible so I'd still like to be able to do it, at least on Normal when I'm starting to clear some of the other games on Hard.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Sanae had such 80's hair back then.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
It's like the 2040s when Sanae goes down the rabbit hole. Hipsters ran out of things to pillage.

e: Oh hey, high quality rips are already here for TH16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3ofk0OqQFQ

WarpedNaba fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Aug 23, 2017

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Clarste posted:

Sanae had such 80's hair back then.

80's hair entered the realm of fantasy, checks out.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
https://plustek.bandcamp.com/album/story-of-modulated-frequency

This guy just released another album of FM synth/chiptune remixes of Touhou themes. The cover of Reverse Ideology is cool and good of course terrible of course.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

get dunked

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

WaHH 41! Featuring the secret 4th main character of the entire comic, Nitori again. Seriously, think about it, she's everywhere.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Aug 25, 2017

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

What is this mysterious season incident? Can't wait to see the villainous culprit

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

I can't believe the abnormal seasons were related to an incident.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

I hope we get to see Aunn at the shrine in the future.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Bring Back Sanae

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Name dropping Garden of the Sun, Yuuka confirmed

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Do you think people bring their own stalls to the Hakurei shrine despite its inconvenient location or is Reimu's secret super power that she can conjure up stalls from thin air whenever her business sense is tingling?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

a cartoon duck posted:

Do you think people bring their own stalls to the Hakurei shrine despite its inconvenient location or is Reimu's secret super power that she can conjure up stalls from thin air whenever her business sense is tingling?

Yes.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
A driveby post from the land of people who are way too good at STGs.

The second perfect Lunatic run of Touhou 16 (no deaths, no bombs, no releases) just got accomplished by a Dutch player called Yatsuzume and you can watch this spectacular performace here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPsNtvYR_HI

the first player was a chinese dude a couple of days ago and I don't think a video got put up that I saw, the third perfect was accomplished like 30 minutes later by Japanese player gobou so lol at two perfect plays being done within the same loving hour. Notably all of them were done with ReimuWinter so yeah it's about as I figured. There is no point to this post I just wanted to share that goddamn people are really good at touhou and man do they work fast.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Irisize posted:

I can't believe the abnormal seasons were related to an incident.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
In this chapter, Marisa scolds Comedy WaHH Reimu into Game Reimu

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

In this chapter, Marisa scolds Comedy WaHH Reimu into Game Reimu

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I bet the Aki sisters are behind this :argh:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Blackheart posted:

I bet the Aki sisters are behind this :argh:

unexpectedly cool :cool:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

Given those stairs and Suika's love of parties, it'd probably be easier to ask her to carry them to the shrine.

And hey, enormous oni benching stalls past your house - how's that for free advertising?

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Maybe she just has stalls that she rents out. Of course none of the youkai have any money either.

Great, now I'm envisioning Reimu in a gangster outfit trying to collect on unpaid debts.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Where would she keep the things, though? We've seen her warehouse - standing room only.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

WarpedNaba posted:

Where would she keep the things, though? We've seen her warehouse - standing room only.

There's also the hell fairy infested basement.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The places the fairies live don't seem to occupy any kind of physical space. Remember that the tree the three fairies see as having windows and doors and space inside for multiple rooms with beds is just an ordinary tree to everyone else, and would presumably continue to be an ordinary tree if chopped down or whatever (ie: it's not an illusion they're casting on it). Likewise, the Hakurei shrine doesn't actually have a basement, and Clownpiece just lives inside the dirt somehow.

Fairies are weird.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Clarste posted:

The places the fairies live don't seem to occupy any kind of physical space. Remember that the tree the three fairies see as having windows and doors and space inside for multiple rooms with beds is just an ordinary tree to everyone else, and would presumably continue to be an ordinary tree if chopped down or whatever (ie: it's not an illusion they're casting on it). Likewise, the Hakurei shrine doesn't actually have a basement, and Clownpiece just lives inside the dirt somehow.

Fairies are weird.

So the fairies from Touhou have living areas with TARDIS-like properties.

What an amazingly dorky sentence.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

My understanding was that fairies are nature spirits, they can live inside flowers and trees because in a sense they are the flowers and trees. Clownpiece is the weird one because she's a hell fairy, somehow. Cirno is also a little weird but an ice fairy is still closer to nature than hell.

I guess Piece brings a little hell with her and the ground underneath the shrine is good enough to be a replica hell apartment.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
After playing Lunatic with Aya I now understand the appeal of Autumn releases. It's the closest we'll ever get to PoFV gameplay in a mainline game :zerg:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

It's true.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I like the idea that Mai and Satono are responsible for every life and bomb you pick up throughout the series.

e: Life/Bomb Pieces are because of budget cuts

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Wow a graphics patch already

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

I lost it at the fidget spinner on Narumi's Pet Golem card

The bullet graphic apparently spins very rapidly but you can't usually tell because it's a solid circle, well played.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/mefomefomefo/status/906075655816826880

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iI0-OdRzHI
⑨th anniversary of cirno's perfect math class so iosys made a new one

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Now with less bus memes