Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Has the end of season been announced yet? Kinda want a new season with that new patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I just want the patch. I am the unwashed ns menace.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Tahirovic posted:

Has the end of season been announced yet? Kinda want a new season with that new patch.

No, they're testing a lot of changes on the PTR, which is why they've launched it so early, but I wouldn't expect it to be live for at least another 6-8 weeks since Season 11 has only been out for one month. They already have more changes planned for next week's patch (Jade harvester getting dmg reduction, trying to buff HOTA without buffing IK, etc.) and other internal tests they're not sure they'll even launch (testing IK 6pc at 1500%). They're also actively crushing any 6/4 pc combos people find, like the Nat/Marauder combo. I don't know if they'll kill Tal/Vyr yet, or ever, but ever since the Necromancer, they've stated how much they hate the combination of sets and it seems they're doing their best to avoid another 6/4 Archon setup. It will be good if they take their time to test everything to make S12 really crazy and most sets viable for the majority of the population.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
What legendary gems should I be using with my Shadow Impale DH when I'm grifting above GR70? I'm following this Icey Veins' guide, and while clearly I keep Trapped and Gogok all the time, for my third gem, the guide advises Bane of the Powerful at first, and then switching to Pain Enhancer "[f]or extremely high end pushing . . ."

I'm only just starting to level up my Pain Enhancer, and haven't tried it out so far, but what's the point at which I should consider switching out the Bane of the Powerful? I'm not sure what constitutes "high end pushing" with the amount of power creep, and how GR70 was relatively easy for my DH that has middling gear and no ancient Karlei's yet (ignore the Nemesis Bracers, which have been to speed up GR60s while leveling the Pain Enhancer -- I have Strongarm Bracers for going above 70).

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

McCoy Pauley posted:

What legendary gems should I be using with my Shadow Impale DH when I'm grifting above GR70? I'm following this Icey Veins' guide, and while clearly I keep Trapped and Gogok all the time, for my third gem, the guide advises Bane of the Powerful at first, and then switching to Pain Enhancer "[f]or extremely high end pushing . . ."

I'm only just starting to level up my Pain Enhancer, and haven't tried it out so far, but what's the point at which I should consider switching out the Bane of the Powerful? I'm not sure what constitutes "high end pushing" with the amount of power creep, and how GR70 was relatively easy for my DH that has middling gear and no ancient Karlei's yet (ignore the Nemesis Bracers, which have been to speed up GR60s while leveling the Pain Enhancer -- I have Strongarm Bracers for going above 70).

Pain enhancer feels much cooler.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

I switched out for PE when I started having trouble with BOTP. Then I switched to Necromancer when I started having trouble with PE.

mewse
May 2, 2006

McCoy Pauley posted:

Pain Enhancer only needs to be level 25 for the attack speed boost.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The actual bleed damage on PE is negligible. The reason why DHs use it is so that they can roll right up to an elite in a crowded pack and machine gun daggers to the face.

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

Whats the fastest class/build for leveling?

I can build pretty much everything for necromancer at this point so if they have a build thats close to the fastest that would do as well.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

TheAbortionator posted:

Whats the fastest class/build for leveling?

I can build pretty much everything for necromancer at this point so if they have a build thats close to the fastest that would do as well.

At this point, the question "what class is best at ____?" can nearly always be answered with Necromancer. Minus supporting, I suppose.

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

awesome. Any idea what the best build is for Speed Clearing? Bounties? And leveling Gems?

I cleared the GR 70 a few days ago, and now that primals can drop im changing up my goals to just do what ever Im doing either faster or at higher difficulties.

I'm guessing support classes are mandatory for clearing the higher end GRs? And if so whats the most in demand one?
Because I would def make one if thats the case.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

TheAbortionator posted:

awesome. Any idea what the best build is for Speed Clearing? Bounties? And leveling Gems?

I cleared the GR 70 a few days ago, and now that primals can drop im changing up my goals to just do what ever Im doing either faster or at higher difficulties.

LazyStorm.

It's basically the same as the Icy Veins Bone Storm build but 5 piece Inarius with Blind Faith and Frailty aura. I'm doing T13's/GR70's in 3-5 minutes depending on elite/pylon density.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

TheAbortionator posted:

Rathma's is a good speedfarming build, but for GR pushing you'll probably want to go with Trag'oul's or Inarius. Check out the build guides on icy-veins for direction wrt to what items you'll need to make those builds work 80+.

On a side note, it drives me a little bit crazy how much easier it is for Necros to push 85+. Like, if you slap together all the right pieces of the top tier pushing builds, 85 is a cakewalk.

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

Maker Of Shoes posted:

LazyStorm.

It's basically the same as the Icy Veins Bone Storm build but 5 piece Inarius with Blind Faith and Frailty aura. I'm doing T13's/GR70's in 3-5 minutes depending on elite/pylon density.

Ohhhh i think I held onto an ancient blind faith too. Thanks a ton.

Rathmas the only build where only one piece I'm holding is ancient as well. Everything else I got at least 3 ancient pieces with relavant (i think stats)

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

TheAbortionator posted:

Ohhhh i think I held onto an ancient blind faith too. Thanks a ton.

Rathmas the only build where only one piece I'm holding is ancient as well. Everything else I got at least 3 ancient pieces with relavant (i think stats)

Yeah, ditch the compass/pledge and wear a khalan, convention and krysbin. the inarius 6 piece bonus will constantly trigger blind faith which in turn triggers the triple damage on krysbin's. the frailty auto aura will keep your cubed fang at maximum potential too. For gems I run Pain Enhancer, Bane of the Trapped and Boon. Only two buttons I use are the periodic refresh of bone armor and whatever button you have bound to pick up deafbreafs. for speed clearing GR's just swap out the Boon for whatever you like; Star Weaver, Toxin. For cubed stuffs: Fang, Aquilas and RoRG. If you pick up the Dark Reaping perk your drive by killings will keep your life topped off and your essence topped off for Aquilas DR.

It's ridiculous.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Aug 25, 2017

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug

Maker Of Shoes posted:

LazyStorm.

I'm liking the auramancer build better. I think I'm about a minute faster on GR60 clears and I'm trying to get to GR70 speed farming but I need some more ancients to get enough toughness

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

gariig posted:

I'm liking the auramancer build better. I think I'm about a minute faster on GR60 clears and I'm trying to get to GR70 speed farming but I need some more ancients to get enough toughness

Yeah, this works for general speed farming and is more engaging. The BlindFaith/Frailty one I posted above is literally one button every 60 seconds. I don't even bother with a boss killing ability and just run circles around the rift boss for a few seconds.

e: I'll get a dfans build posted in a few

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The BlindFaith/Frailty one I posted above is literally one button every 60 seconds.

Yeah, after double checking I have really good ancients blind faiths and helm plus ancient gloves armor and boots.

I also window d3 and netflix alot. And convection is just to much attention to pay.

90% of the time when I play this the less i have to do the better.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

TheAbortionator posted:

Yeah, after double checking I have really good ancients blind faiths and helm plus ancient gloves armor and boots.

I also window d3 and netflix alot. And convection is just to much attention to pay.

90% of the time when I play this the less i have to do the better.

The fun thing about CoE and necro+lazy is that Necro's only cycle through 3 elements and everything you do in that build will be caught by CoE at some point. Bone Armor poison, PE is physical, the occasional lance into a boss is cold. I don't even bother looking at the CoE icon. It's totally not necessary though. You can slot whatever you want in there. I watch netflix on another monitor while using this build too. :v:

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The fun thing about CoE and necro+lazy is that Necro's only cycle through 3 elements and everything you do in that build will be caught by CoE at some point. Bone Armor poison, PE is physical, the occasional lance into a boss is cold. I don't even bother looking at the CoE icon. It's totally not necessary though. You can slot whatever you want in there. I watch netflix on another monitor while using this build too. :v:

This right here is some poo poo. Not only do Necro's get their own version of CoE that's WAY better than any ring available to other classes, they also get increased benefit from CoE itself.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Yeah, this works for general speed farming and is more engaging. The BlindFaith/Frailty one I posted above is literally one button every 60 seconds. I don't even bother with a boss killing ability and just run circles around the rift boss for a few seconds.

e: I'll get a dfans build posted in a few

This is the same build with the same button pushing. This dude just noted blind faith and frost burn aren't actually doing anything useful. After I switched back to 6p inarius, Rorg -> bulkathos and frost burn -> hexing pants I'm inclined to believe he was right. Kill speed went up dramatically.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Vomik posted:

This is the same build with the same button pushing. This dude just noted blind faith and frost burn aren't actually doing anything useful. After I switched back to 6p inarius, Rorg -> bulkathos and frost burn -> hexing pants I'm inclined to believe he was right. Kill speed went up dramatically.

I don't see Frostburns being useful but how is a very high chance to blind on hit not useful for Krysbins? :confused:

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

Well pretty much have everything with all relavent rolls and ancient.

Also had an ancient shadow hook, so i just need the mats to extract from my POS trangs sythe and grind some better jewerly and Im good to go.

Also im using WH over binding and cubing the binding.

Using a trifecta ancient bricked ability amme though.

I have neither Kyrpins or wisdom rolled any good. Which one should I cube and should i be using a trash one over a trifecta without an ability?

TheAbortionator fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Aug 25, 2017

JohnnySavs
Dec 28, 2004

I have all the characteristics of a human being.
Do I still have time to gear up something that will clear GR75 for an idiot like me if Raiment, Inna's, or Archon-Tal won't cut it? Or am I beyond hope?

HT Garg seems the obvious choice.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DrunkFonzie-1401/hero/92165394

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I don't see Frostburns being useful but how is a very high chance to blind on hit not useful for Krysbins? :confused:
The bone storm effect has a pretty low proc coefficient (it used not to, which was what made the Mirinae gem so great with the set). If I remember right even a Blind Faith with a perfect blind roll in practice only has something like a ~6% chance to blind an enemy per tick.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

JohnnySavs posted:

Do I still have time to gear up something that will clear GR75 for an idiot like me if Raiment, Inna's, or Archon-Tal won't cut it? Or am I beyond hope?

HT Garg seems the obvious choice.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DrunkFonzie-1401/hero/92165394

I hope this is a joke. Wiz can surely do 75 with decent gear without any augments. HT garg is going to take much longer and even with perfect stuff you're still herding retarded cats. Best I got to was 72ish (without augments but a few ancients) before I gave up on that build.

Run with goons or pubbies to get better gear/rolls/etc.

Your gloves (no CD), bracers (no CC), pants (no vit), helm (not 6%, not terrible but alas), and chest (worthless hydra roll) don't have the best rolls. Go to the gear page for your build on icy-veins and see what to shoot for. There's room for improvement.

Or gear up a rathma's necro. You can do 75 pretty easily (I did).

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Aug 25, 2017

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

MMAgCh posted:

The bone storm effect has a pretty low proc coefficient (it used not to, which was what made the Mirinae gem so great with the set). If I remember right even a Blind Faith with a perfect blind roll in practice only has something like a ~6% chance to blind an enemy per tick.

Hrm, I'll have to look into that. I seem to remember seeing it proc a lot but I'll have to look closer tonight. Just looking for something that'll keep my krysbins at full tilt.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Wiz should be able to do 75 pretty easily. If you can't just roll a necro or impale DH

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

The idea behind frostburn was linked to using the cold damage / move speed rune for bone armor.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Decided to pick this up and give it a go. I want to nab both battlechest (has both original and expansion by the look of it) and rise of the necromancer right? Just wanted to check first.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Dross posted:

The idea behind frostburn was linked to using the cold damage / move speed rune for bone armor.

Movement is way more easily solved by Boon. Burning an item/cube slot for that seems poor.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I think people are trying to use it for grifts and poo poo lmao

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Movement is way more easily solved by Boon. Burning an item/cube slot for that seems poor.

Which gem do you sub out for Boon? Toxin?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Red Mundus posted:

Decided to pick this up and give it a go. I want to nab both battlechest (has both original and expansion by the look of it) and rise of the necromancer right? Just wanted to check first.
Getting the Reaper of Souls expansion is non-negotiable, but the necromancer pack I'd consider holding off on until you know whether you enjoy the game in general.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The cold rune on Bone Armour contributes the movement speed bonus, Frostburn isn't needed for that at all. (Though I do tend to agree that Frostburns probably aren't worth it.) And Boon doesn't work in greater rifts, of course.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Dross posted:

Which gem do you sub out for Boon? Toxin?

Toxin for GR's, Boon for non. Toxin's benefits are slight, at best.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

MMAgCh posted:

Getting the Reaper of Souls expansion is non-negotiable, but the necromancer pack I'd consider holding off on until you know whether you enjoy the game in general.

Thanks!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Vomik posted:

Hold on a minute. Bulkathos scales with Bone Storm?

I've got a crit primal one of these in my stash.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Hold on a minute. Bulkathos scales with Bone Storm?

I've got a crit primal one of these in my stash.

Inarius pretty much buffs every kind of damage that you can do.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Bull Kathos always rolls crit damage :agesilaus:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Red Mundus posted:

Everything that is good about necromancer they are going to patch into all the other classes finally in about a month or two. Reaper of Souls is a must, but necromancer patch is only if you like the aesthetics (including wings, pet, portrait) or if you want the two extra stash tabs