Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

BrianWilly posted:

Is it Black Bolt, the guy who can't speak but is also too thick to learn sign language?

The guy playing Black Bolt has a fifty page Google Doc of the sign language he invented for the character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Well, I hope this fake sign language he made up will help the character come across understandably and relatably to the eager viewers heading to see it in all its IMAX glory? Maybe they'll pass out a translation pamphlet at the ticket booth.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
In IMAX the signs look like you're making them.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Habibi posted:

In IMAX the signs look like you're making them.

In IMAX whenever Black Bolt speaks all audio is replaced with the THX calibration sound at max theater volume, followed by that high pitched ringing sound they like to use for explosion aftermath in war movies for the next five minutes of runtime.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oi, hiatus fuckos...

Binging with Babish made Gemma's Fitzwich

It looks amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xugufifsB4s

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/edinburgh-tv-fest-marvel-exec-hints-at-comedic-direction-teases-inhumans-1031518?utm_source=twitter

quote:

While he wouldn't offer specifics, he also revealed that Marvel TV was working again with ABC – which it has partnered with on Inhumans – on a new female-focused show currently in development. "It's Jessica Jones-esque," he said, without providing further details.

She-Hulk?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

My first thought was something around Kate Bishop.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I would guess Spider-Woman if they wanna make something JJ-esque.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

But ABC had a noiresque female led Marvel TV show

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I wish they didn't say new because I would love more Agent Carter.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I hope it's not Kate.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I'd settle for a new character played by Hayley Atwell.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am holding out dear hope Spider-Woman is in Captain Marvel, so I'm putting for She-Hulk. I was live action Kate so much, but i cannot see how they can explain her without dealing with Clint.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Things I would rather not see attempted on a weekly network TV VFX budget: seven foot tall green rage monsters.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

howe_sam posted:

Things I would rather not see attempted on a weekly network TV VFX budget: seven foot tall green rage monsters.

It was already done from 1978 to 1982.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Dexo posted:

She-Hulk?

hamsystem posted:

Hayley Atwell as She-Hulk! And make James D'Arcy her secretary!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

hamsystem posted:

Marvel Reveals New Series, "Ajent Peggee Karter".

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

howe_sam posted:

And a female one, at that.

Re-watched season 3 and I completely forgot that Fitz is the one who killed Giyera . Fitz is such a bad rear end.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

howe_sam posted:

With She-Hulk you could just hire someone tall and muscly. Granted nobody's coming to mind right now.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Maxwell Lord posted:

With She-Hulk you could just hire someone tall and muscly. Granted nobody's coming to mind right now.

Adrienne Palicki would be ... oh.

Rhonda Rousey, maybe, if she does okay in the Roadhouse remake?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Beth Phoenix would be good.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Gwendylon Christie as She-Hulk.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
So I got my wisdom teeth out on Wednesday and I've been spending my recovery time binge watching season 4. I regret not watching it week to week, and I love the Framework plot device as a way to do what-ifs. And bringing back Ward again is somehow awesome.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

jivjov posted:

And bringing back Ward again is somehow awesome.

I hope they keep finding more and more ways to bring him back

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Honestly I was expecting a Ward LMD, given the middle arc of the season. Guess there's still time to pull that out in Season 5.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
They'll find some way to bring him back. Dude is too good an actor to just let disappear forever.

Sadly, bringing him back will in itself be horrible and corny.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

One of the Skrulls on the ship Coulson is on while shapeshift into Ward.

(yes, I know Fox has the rights to Skrulls or something, shut up)

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Klungar posted:

One of the Skrulls on the ship Coulson is on while shapeshift into Ward.

(yes, I know Fox has the rights to Skrulls or something, shut up)

Actually I think Fox has the rights to the Super Skrull and any other named Skrulls, but Marvel has the rights to the species itself. One of those weird gray areas

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

ShakeZula posted:

One of those weird gray areas

No, my dude, Skrulls are green.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Hydra Ward was actually corrupted Phoenix Force, the real Ward is lying in a cocoon at the bottom of Jamaica Bay.

Klungar posted:

(yes, I know Fox has the rights to Skrulls Phoenix or something, shut up)

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Fuzz posted:

They'll find some way to bring him back. Dude is too good an actor to just let disappear forever.

Sadly, bringing him back will in itself be horrible and corny.

Probably, but we also said last season that bringing him back in s4 would be horrible and corny but they somehow pulled it off!

ShakeZula posted:

Actually I think Fox has the rights to the Super Skrull and any other named Skrulls, but Marvel has the rights to the species itself. One of those weird gray areas

Yeah, and not only that, Skrulls are the bad guys in Captain Marvel--which has led to rampant speculation that at least one person in the MCU movies has already been replaced with one.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Argue posted:

Yeah, and not only that, Skrulls are the bad guys in Captain Marvel--which has led to rampant speculation that at least one person in the MCU movies has already been replaced with one.

"Well sometimes, dead is better. The Iron Man you put up in the wormhole ain't the Iron Man that comes back. It might look like that Iron Man, but it ain't that Iron Man, because whatever lives in the space beyond the wormhole ain't human at all. It's a Skrull."

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Argue posted:

Pepper was in Iron Man 3, but not Age of Ultron. And she and Tony were seperated by the time Civil War happened yet there she is again in Spider-Man. Hmm...

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
So am I supposed to look at the portal thing (and what Ghost Rider does with his chain) as the same general concept as what Doctor Strange does with a sling ring?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

jivjov posted:

So am I supposed to look at the portal thing (and what Ghost Rider does with his chain) as the same general concept as what Doctor Strange does with a sling ring?

Yeah someone from the show said that they deliberately made the portal like a tech version of Strange's portal to insinuate it was the same technique arrived at via a different method

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Heathen posted:

Pepper was in Iron Man 3, but not Age of Ultron. And she and Tony were seperated by the time Civil War happened yet there she is again in Spider-Man. Hmm...

That's probably just because Paltrow has a reputation to be impossible to work with. I was actually surprised they brought her back at all.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

cant cook creole bream posted:

That's probably just because Paltrow has a reputation to be impossible to work with. I was actually surprised they brought her back at all.

She probably won't shut up about her crazy health theories.

Hawkeye and his entire family are skrulls.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pretty sure they wanted her for AoU but she stayed out because she was tired of just showing up for a minute to do nothing.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
She was too busy hawking jade vagina eggs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Ojjeorago posted:

She was too busy hawking jade vagina eggs.

Oh, goddamn. I forgot about that "Ancient Chinese Secret" poo poo.

I should revisit Iron Man 3, because I definitely assumed Pepper wound up as some kind of Wolverine-healing superhuman after taking Extremis. But apparently not? Or she was "cured" or something?

• Locked thread