Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
I won a bunch of Saints Row/Agents of Mayhem-themed goodies from a contest at Volition and just got back from picking them up at their office. They gave me a t-shirt, some stickers, a Saints Row DVD "for internal use only, do not distribute" I haven't watched yet, and...

A sealed copy of Freespace 2 in remarkably good condition. Too bad I didn't bother putting an optical drive in this PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC

Rollersnake posted:

I'm redecorating my nerdroom. Anybody know of a not-hideous way to display loose Game Boy carts?

Silverware drawer organizer.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Monopthalmus posted:

wait he said nonhideous

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Zand posted:

wait he said nonhideous

Nah that looks nice.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Bloodplay it again posted:

I won a bunch of Saints Row/Agents of Mayhem-themed goodies from a contest at Volition and just got back from picking them up at their office. They gave me a t-shirt, some stickers, a Saints Row DVD "for internal use only, do not distribute" I haven't watched yet, and...

A sealed copy of Freespace 2 in remarkably good condition. Too bad I didn't bother putting an optical drive in this PC.

As if that's a problem these days: https://www.gog.com/game/freespace_2

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Star Man posted:

As if that's a problem these days: https://www.gog.com/game/freespace_2

The source code was released in 2003, too. I wouldn't open an 18-year-old PC game to play it, especially when I know there's some collector out there who wants it more than I do. The only PC games I still have boxes/discs for are Star Wars Galaxies, Neverwinter Nights Diamond, the BF1942 expansions, and Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Monopthalmus posted:

Huh, I kinda dig this.

I need to reorganize my nerd dungeon. Such a mess. Might go get another one of those 2x4 Ikea bookshelf things, those are nice for organizing my consoles. I wish they could fit my stereo receiver, though...

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
Speaking of 8bitdo, I got my NES30 arcade stick the other day, and I can only get it to boot up in xinput or dinput mode (based on the mode switch). The instructions say I should be able to get it into Switch mode by powering it on with Y + Start, but no luck so far.

Works great wired on my PC, but I already have a stick for that and I was hoping to use this one on the Switch.

And in xinput via Bluetooth, I can get my Retropie setup to pick it up, but only 6 of the 8 buttons. L2 and R2 aren’t detected.

I have a hunch I just have to wait for a firmware update, but has anyone else gotten one yet and had any luck with it?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
My 4inchNELL Mega Man Volnutt arrive in the mail! :toot:

My Mega Man is better than your Mega Man, because mine is Legen-wait for it...

Pretty little princess with frilly miniskirt :swoon:.

-dary. Volnutt is a Legendary Mega Man :allears:.

His head's gone! :stonk:

That's better. Safety First! :eng101: and I fixed my camera resolution to 16:9.

The stand actually came with it, with a little aerial-pose arm, so that's a nice bonus.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 25, 2017

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
If you put an "h" or "l" at the end of the imgur filename url, we don't have to load 8MB images. i.imgur.com/12345h.jpg instead of 12345.jpg

Seems weird to care about in the day and age of today, but awful.apk crashes on some pages because of it, and some of us are on Sprint :v:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

If you put an "h" or "l" at the end of the imgur filename url, we don't have to load 8MB images. i.imgur.com/12345h.jpg instead of 12345.jpg

Seems weird to care about in the day and age of today, but awful.apk crashes on some pages because of it, and some of us are on Sprint :v:

Fixed! :pseudo:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
My lovely ISP (and lovely old Android phone) thanks you!

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Rollersnake posted:

I'm redecorating my nerdroom. Anybody know of a not-hideous way to display loose Game Boy carts?

I got one of those acrylic nail polish racks like people suggested from the MyLifeInGaming video. I have GBA games on it right now and some doubled up until I get time to rearrange, but you could imagine how a well organized one can look:

You can do 5x7 for GB/GBC games, or 5x11 for GBA games. They are deep enough to double up games (like I have my Link's Awakening DX cart over my regular Link's Awakening cart), and you can double up GBA games too by just flipping one to face the opposite way. However, if you want neat organization, just buy multiples.

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Aug 25, 2017

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Code Jockey posted:

Might go get another one of those 2x4 Ikea bookshelf things

I'm redoing my whole room with Ikea Ivar shelves, and I highly recommend them. It's the cheapest modular shelving option they have and much nicer than the lovely black particle board WalMart media shelves I was previously using.

RodShaft posted:

Nail polish display racks.
https://youtu.be/oreOa_rIUj0

Video Game Connection in Cleveland uses plastic compartment boxes(like for fishing lures) with the dividers out of them and the lids off to display gameboy games and hucards. Makes flipping through them easy.

YouTube's blocked for me at work, but I assume you mean those tiered racks, and those look like they'd work perfectly. Thanks!

Hopefully when this is all done it'll finally feel like a gaming library and a nice little space to relax in, instead of a bunch of random poo poo haphazardly crammed into too small a space.

FireMrshlBill posted:

I got one of those acrylic nail polish racks like people suggested from the MyLifeInGaming video. I have GBA games on it right now and some doubled up until I get time to rearrange, but you could imagine how a well organized one can look:

You can do 5x7 for GB/GBC games, or 5x11 for GBA games. They are deep enough to double up games (like I have my Link's Awakening DX cart over my regular Link's Awakening cart), and you can double up GBA games too by just flipping one to face the opposite way. However, if you want neat organization, just buy multiples.

Yeah, even doubled up with the GBA games on their side, it doesn't look bad. Either way, it's better than keeping a significant portion of my game collection in plastic bags in my closet when I had a solution for everything else.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Aug 25, 2017

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Secret of Mana is getting a mobile-like 3D remake not unlike the first game in the series did, on February 15th, 2018. This time, it will be on PC, PS4, and Vita.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKHjcnOGPhs

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
How "old man yells at cloud" is it that my first reaction was that I liked it a lot more in 16bit?

Honestly the only Mana news that could get me excited was some sort of official English release of Seiken Densetsu 3.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Nate RFB posted:

How "old man yells at cloud" is it that my first reaction was that I liked it a lot more in 16bit?

Honestly the only Mana news that could get me excited was some sort of official English release of Seiken Densetsu 3.

Well they remade 1 and 2, I don't see why 3 wouldn't follow assuming 2 does well.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The heat death of the universe will occur before SD3 and Mother 3 come out in English officially.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Nate RFB posted:

The heat death of the universe will occur before SD3 and Mother 3 come out in English officially.

I definitely think it can happen since we got an official English release of the very first game after so many years, but that doesn't conflict with your point, I think us dying in a sea of fire is imminent.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

... has Flammie always had the same haircut as Randi?

and yeah, 16 bit sprites can be pretty generic but generic 16 bit sprites still look a hell of a lot better than generic pastel-textured mobile-friendly 3D models.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Adventures of Mana was fantastic and this looks great too, holy poo poo.

It's not stuck on mobile either, thank christ

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Medullah posted:

250 feet is more than an entire football field away? #FakeNews!

poo poo like this I can guarantee is why Nintendo uses friend codes.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

univbee posted:

Secret of Mana is getting a mobile-like 3D remake not unlike the first game in the series did, on February 15th, 2018. This time, it will be on PC, PS4, and Vita.

Why the gently caress is this not on Switch

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010

univbee posted:

Nate RFB posted:

Looks like an n64 game. Obviously not a compliment.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Not a Children posted:

The remake of the first game was stuck on phones and Vita, this is a god damned improvement.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Not a Children posted:

Probably to not complete with their Mana series trilogy that so far Japan only.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Rirse posted:

Probably to not complete with their Mana series trilogy that so far Japan only.

If that were true it wouldn't be on the SNES Classic.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

FireMrshlBill posted:

yeah that looks good

edit

univbee posted:

These really need a graphics option like with the Monkey Island remake and Master Chief collection, imo

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Aug 25, 2017

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Not a Children posted:

Probably because it's the same engine as the last two Mana games and the Switch wasn't out when they started it.

I'd expect a switch port around the time they finish the PC version of AoM.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

falz posted:

Looks like an n64 game. Obviously not a compliment.

What N64 games are you playing?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Not a Children posted:

There was an old man named Felix
who was CEO of Square Enix
due to a system glitch
released no games for Switch
and made the Vita rise like a phoenix

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I want to say nice effort, but your blatant disregard for scansion offends my sensibilities.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Oh good maybe I'll finally get around to playing Secret of Mana once this drops, but only if they fix up the lovely sprinting and combat that turns me off the original.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Mak0rz posted:

Oh good maybe I'll finally get around to playing Secret of Mana once this drops, but only if they fix up the lovely sprinting and combat that turns me off the original.

nudge nudge

You know what doesn't have lovely sprinting and combat? Legend of Mana.

The Mana series has to be the most inconsistent series released by a major company and nobody I've met has liked more than two games from it. Yes, there's someone out there that loved Children of Mana.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
I like Final Fantasy Adventure and Sword of Mana and Adventures of Mana.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

al-azad posted:

The Mana series has to be the most inconsistent series released by a major company and nobody I've met has liked more than two games from it. Yes, there's someone out there that loved Children of Mana.

I like Final Fantasy Adventure, Secret of Mana, The Third One, and most of all Legend of Mana, which is one of my favorite games ever.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

al-azad posted:

nudge nudge

You know what doesn't have lovely sprinting and combat? Legend of Mana.

I like everything but Heroes and Children.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Rollersnake posted:

I like Final Fantasy Adventure and Sword of Mana and Adventures of Mana.

I'm so sorry.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010

al-azad posted:

What N64 games are you playing?
None because it's a terrible console. </opinion>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Remake train continues, Yakuza Kiwami 2 releasing December 17 in Japan. Yes, that's a Yakuza 2 remake with the Yakuza 6 engine.

• Locked thread