Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

Don't date people with no hobbies

Ever

"Would you like to join in?"

"Nah looks [too hard/boring/like it allows you to express your individuality and not be purely devoted to me/etc]"

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Ya'll just gonna ignore the fact that his mother still gives him half her food to this day when they eat out?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

dudeness posted:

Ya'll just gonna ignore the fact that his mother still gives him half her food to this day when they eat out?

He's fycking his mom.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Doesn't she even chew it for him? :females:

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Pick posted:

He's fycking his mom.

this is r/relationships, he's definitely doing that

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

It's a short commute anywhere, unless you're used to all just living in your mom's house and loving your brother

Oh, look at Mr Moneybags over here that can afford to gently caress outside the family. I bet you can buy human food too, huh?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Merrick's Purrfect Bistro Beef Wellington & Cowboy Cookout canned meals really are the best.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

He's fycking his mom.

My mom is a very small woman who eats very little, in the unlikely event I went to dinner with her I could easily see her at least offering half to me.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Milotic posted:

gently caress, these are awful parents.

I just found out that my [21 M] friend and coworker [25 M] has been making sexual advances on my 15 year old sister. What do I do.

Just beat him within an inch of his life, jfc

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

EDIT2: I called him a feeder because he likes to joke like he's turned on when I eat big portions. It's a joke we have. Sorry if you clicked on this expecting something sexy but pls stop yelling at me.

You loving tease!

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Food Weird posted:

Refuses food with fat.

Food Weird posted:

Mad I didn't share my burrito

:thunk:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Milotic posted:

gently caress, these are awful parents.

I just found out that my [21 M] friend and coworker [25 M] has been making sexual advances on my 15 year old sister. What do I do.

Beat the hell out of him you weird failure, why are you coming to the internet for this?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Taxes are a vital part of a state's revenue and it is your civic duty to pay them, regardless of what kind of fringe the menu has.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Barudak posted:

Undoubtably. You dont have a mandatory food tax, control peoples diets, fake allergies, or seethe when people cotton onto your food bullshit without it leaking out somewhere else.

Ive no idea what got her to stay after the allergy thing because that was like a signed in triplicate "do not date me" note.

These stories always leave you to fill in the blanks with either a normal person who inexplicably against all reason settled for Gollum, or someone who recognized a kindred spirit in their shared loves of living alone in caves and singing gruesome little songs about eating live fish, and was willing to overlook their little ring obsession for the sake of having someone who didn't recoil at the sight of them. Whichever makes more sense to you.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Aug 25, 2017

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

quote:

I called him a feeder because he likes to joke like he's turned on when I eat big portions.

quote:

Sorry if you clicked on this expecting something sexy

:thunk:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

almightyerin posted:

Food tax lmao. What a loon.

quote:

He gets annoyed if I order something without meat in it. He can't have a meal without meat. 

quote:

He has high cholesterol

:thunk::thunk::thunk:

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

The one the only. Accept no substitutes.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

These stories always leave you to fill in the blanks with either a normal person who inexplicably against all reason settled for Gollum, or someone who recognized a kindred spirit in their shared loves of living alone in caves and singing gruesome little songs about eating live fish, and was willing to overlook their little ring obsession for the sake of having someone who didn't recoil at the sight of them. Whichever makes more sense to you.

In the comments I think she said something along the lines of "I'm not stable myself so I can't tell if this is normal or not" also admitted that she's mildly autistic.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Me [22F] with my SO [30M] of 2years, I feel like the only parent

quote:

Where do I even start?

Our kid is three months, I barely get out and have 0 time to myself. My SO holds our kid for 5-10 (being generous) minutes until he starts to yell "HELP ME!" In the most annoying tone ever. He gets upset at me for asking him to spend time with us instead of in the basement and complains that he works all day. I have not had a single day for myself, I barely shower or relax. The kid cries like screeching ear piercing wails to be held and if I sit down he cries louder. I'm on my feet all day and he sits at a desk all day, he comes home says hello and then disappears into the basement.

Our kid is colicky and has reflux. We have to give him a medicine and I'll text my SO to prepare the medicine for him and my SO never comes or gets extremely upset when he does and starts acting like a shithead. Last time I asked he came up and broke a cup and blamed me saying I was rushing him. He won't change diapers I asked him to tonight and he said he would I went about 4 minutes with our kid sitting in a full diaper of poop before I decided to change it and he's all like "I said I would do it, stop" but waits for me to finish cleaning the kid up to but in.

He goes to the gym, I'm not allowed to go to the gym although they have a daycare there. I'm excited for him to work out but he's been getting attention from other women and he comes home and enjoys telling me about it. I'd have no problem with it if he wasn't cheating on me with other women while he hides out in the basement.

If I ask to take a shower he'll either tell me he's going to sleep for work the next day or rush me out of the shower because the kid starts to cry. He goes out with his friends, hangs with them on Friday nights, I have yet to see any of my friends and only just got to see my family since the kid was born. We see his family more than mine and my nieces and nephews have strayed away from me when we had great relationships before.

I've asked to use his laptop so I can continue learning how to code but he doesn't want to give me access to it and gets upset at the fact that I've asked for it. So whatever I laid off. I have absolutely nothing to entertain myself but my phone, the Tv and going out for walks but it's too hot where we live so that's once in a blue. I've spent nights walking around town until the sun came up because our kid will not sleep and is inconsolable. He gets upset that the kid cries to go with me but is never around

**tl;dr: My SO is an rear end in a top hat

Oh ho, an update!

Me [23F] with my SO[30M] 2 years, I left with outmr child

quote:

After the encouragement to leave I decided to pack and leave. I got our kid and myself packed up with as much as I could take but was having a hard time getting out kid to calm down. It took me a little while but I finally got my child to relax and was on my way out the door when my SO decided to come home early (if he even went to work)

He looks at me and sees the car running, looks inside and sees the pack and play in the car. He takes the keys and walks inside the house. I go inside demanding the keys and he tells me I can't leave in his car with his things with his child. I try grabbing the keys and he pushes me to the ground while I'm holding out child. I don't know why but I got up, walked out the door and to the bus crying my eyes out. I took the bus into the next city and found a women's shelter. Since leaving he's visited my parents, cousin and my sisters place asking about me. He even had a woman who claimed it be a detective show up claiming she was investigating me for kidnapping our child.

I'm so depressed here and I have nothing. It's gloomy and I much rather be somewhere else compared to this shelter with my child. I'm thinking about getting a hotel with the bits I have. I want to get divorced. My parents are begging me to go and stay with them but it's far too dangerous. I cannot sleep here and the other women are extremely catty which scares me beyond anything. I've had thoughts on going back but it'll just be worse.

I'm struggling but trying. Tomorrow I'm going to try and find some cheap rates for a hotel nearby and hopefully get some well needed sleep.

I'm in tears right now just typing this out from my phone. My child shouldn't have to go through this and not should I. As much as I'd like to use a credit card or bank it would only let him know where I am. If all goes well with the hotel I'm going to try and visit my cousin in hopes that he can lend me some cash until this is all sorted out.

It sucks just last year I was getting married now I'm spending my 23rd birthday in a shelter with my child hiding away from the man who I loved so dearly.

My mother warned me and she was right I only wish I weren't so naive.

tl;dr: Making the best of this situation, could really use a shoulder to cry on

Her follow up comment in the update is horrifying.

quote:

I visited my cousins house and he just happened to be stopping by. I would stay at my parents but I don’t want them to get hurt. I left the shelter and am now at a hotel. I’ve withdrawn as much as I could from our accounts and loaded it onto a prepaid card. Running low on funds but have the hotel until Monday

Christ girl, call the loving police.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

tactlessbastard posted:

My mom is a very small woman who eats very little, in the unlikely event I went to dinner with her I could easily see her at least offering half to me.

Don't gently caress your mom!!!!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

almightyerin posted:

My [28F] husband [30M] seems to have some mental issue around food and I can't figure out what it is.Relationships
submitted 4 minutes ago by iwinatanxiety

When we first started dating, 9 years ago, he refused to eat anything with fat in it. I chalked this up to him just being a fitness nut.

during any dinner he wants to share with everyone

he told me it's important that he always take a "tax" from whatever I order so he can eat some

he used to tell me what to ea

I made him an omelette when we first started dating. When he realized I used real eggs instead of egg whites, he told me he was "allergic to yolks" and that I had poisoned him. He then went into the bathroom and pretended to throw up. Later he admitted it was just a preference and apologized for upsetting me and lying.

why in the everloving gently caress did she MARRY this dude

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
On a January evening of the early seventies, Christine Nilsson was singing in Faust at the Academy of Music in New York.

My [22 F] girlfriend broke up with me [22 M] during a festival for the solar eclipse. I don't really know what's next at this point.

quote:

This is a throwaway for obvious reasons. Sorry for the length of the post in advance, but there are a lot of details. Some of it may be TMI, but I want to try to be as honest as possible so it doesn't seem like I'm leaving anything out.

I met this girl at a concert a few months back. She was looking for her friends and couldn't find them. I suggested that she get on my shoulders to see if she could find them, and that's what happened. After the show was over, I got her name and went on about my day.

I found her on Facebook, and we decided to go out soon after that. We ended up going to a couple of festivals a week or two later and had a blast. After that, we decided to make it official and she moved in with me shortly after. This was definitely the first mistake, but her living situation called for a quick decision on that part.

Now, a bit of background info on my ex. She doesn't have a license or a car, she has a two year old daughter, and she is a dancer at a strip club (not full nude if that matters). She is a really great person, but she is overwhelmed with her situation and that causes her to be depressed and withdraw.

One of the first problems that happened is during a night that she was working and I was out with some friends about a week before she was supposed to move in. She told me that she could just catch a ride with a friend and I didn't have to get her if I didn't want to. I ended up going to get her anyway and going back out to party. Over the next couple of days, she started acting really strangely, but I didn't think much about it. She ended up telling me a few days before she was supposed to move in that an old friend found her there, kissed her, and asked her to come home with them, and that she was actually thinking about doing it. She was doing drugs and drinking while she was working, but her judgement being cloudy didn't really make it feel any better. It took a day or so, but I decided that I would get over it because she came to me even though she didn't have to, and she did it knowing that it could be the end.

After that, she moved in and things were really great for a couple of months. We didn't really fight at all and had a lot of great times. There were small disagreements, but nothing that wasn't solved in 15 minutes or less. But she did start to get depressed again because of her job and the lack of a car. I also get grumpy sometimes, but usually it's just irritation at other drivers or stress (I was unable to get my medication for ADD because of money, so I was not as happy as I usually am). At this point, both of us were stressed out a bit and it was much harder to react the way we should.

Here is the start of the real trouble, which started a few weeks ago. My friend was visiting for a week, and my mom came the next week. We didn't have a whole lot of time by ourselves for two weeks, and both of us are introverted extroverts and need that to maintain. While my mom was visiting, I started to get sick. One night, I watched GoT with a friend, had a few drinks, and got to sleep late even though I had work in the morning. She told me earlier in the day that she would come home and wake me up with sex when she got back, which I happily agreed to. She came home from work, got on top of me and made out with me, and then got ready for bed. I tried to initiate sex, and she told me that she wasn't in the mood at that moment, which is fine. She then started to snore very loudly, and being sick, still a little drunk, and having blue balls, I was getting frustrated. I took care of myself and tried to sleep again, but it wasn't working. I woke her up and asked her if she would wait for me to sleep because I had work in the morning and was unable to sleep because of the snoring. She wasn't really pleased about that, and we started to fight. We fought about the snoring and waking her up as well as my frustration at her waking up just to tease me (although I probably shouldn't have been so mad about that). Long story short, we fought, she tried to take our blanket and go to sleep with her daughter, and I was not happy about that. I grabbed the blanket back from her after she took it off of me, and I accidentally hit her when I did it. I have never hit a girlfriend intentionally, and I was really surprised when she yelled about me hitting her and she started fighting back. After that, we yelled some more and she ended up leaving the room to sleep with her daughter. We didn't talk the rest of the night even though neither of us slept, and I left for work the next morning.

I was getting more sick as the day wore on, and we talked after I came home for work. We talked through everything and made up. The next day, I was working from home with my friend because I was sick, and she went out to run errands. She ended up going out to lunch with her best friend, which turned into an all day drinking session. I know how she is when she gets drunk, so I texted her to ask if I should come with my friend to make sure she doesn't drive drunk. She said that she would be fine, but I already knew that she wouldn't.

I went to the bar with my friends and we all had some drinks and fun. She was very drunk and making out with her friend, which was fine by me. I am lax when it comes to kissing in general, but she is uncomfortable with either of us kissing other people. She excludes girls from that for herself and guys for me, but I have no interest in kissing other dudes. While we were sitting at the bar, her friend grabbed my hand and tried to pull me in to make out with her, but I pulled back to avoid upsetting my gf. Her friend asked my gf if she could kiss me. I thought I saw her give permission so I let it happen. My gf then went and kissed my friend, so I thought we were mingling a bit and kissed her friend some more. My gf then got angry and tried to drive home drunk. I told her no and made her hand over the car key.

A little while later, she wanted to go drive it again but was drunk enough that she forgot that I had the key. Since I didn't drive there, I tailed her to find out where the car was. She tried to get in and found out that the key was missing. She told me she was going back to the bar, and I told her that she just needed to get in so I could take her home. She agreed, and got in. She started yelling at me about kissing her friend, and I tried to explain that I didn't mean any harm by it. While I was driving, she started choking me and pulling my hair (in a sexual way) and wouldn't stop when I asked her to. I pulled over, she stopped, and she started to do it again when I got back on the road. I stopped again, and we ended up having sex in the parking lot.

We got home, and she refused to put clothes on when we walked in the house. She ended up stumbling on the stairs, and my mom walked out and saw. I got her up to the bedroom and we passed out soon after.

The next day, my friend was still over and we worked from home again. She was getting very drunk all day and she was angry about the night before and told me that we were over. She said that she was going to gently caress my friend while I was taking my mom to the airport, but I knew it was just mainly talk. I got back from the airport, and she started to play with herself in the room we were working in. Stupidly, I said gently caress it and decided it was a good time for a threesome. She started to ignore me while she tried to please him, and I ended up shutting it down. She cried because she didn't know what she did to upset me, and my friend told her that she had to pay attention to me too. After we were done working, we went downstairs and started to fool around again. This time she paid attention to me, but I couldn't get in the mood because it's pretty distracting to see everything going on (also being sick). I ended up asking my friend to stop fooling around for a minute so she could focus on just me. She got angry about that and we started to fight.

My friend went to get cigarettes after we calmed down, and she started to taunt me as soon as he left. She told me she was going to record me, and I grabbed her phone and said that we weren't going to play that game. She chased me and tried to grab it from me, and eventually I gave it back. My friend came back, and she started yelling about how awful I am and that I tried to fight her. I got defensive and yelled back, and she came over and started to try to hit me. My friend broke it up and we pretty much ignored each other for the rest of the night.

The next day, I went to my friend's house to work from home and left her alone all day. I came back and she apologized for being so awful the day before, we talked it out, and decided to move on. We were fine for a couple of weeks after that. Then one night she left work and disappeared without saying anything (at 2 AM). I was worried about her either being in trouble or being so messed up that she went home with someone, so I went out looking for her.

She came back at 6:30 or so, and I had to take care of her daughter while I was working from home, something I didn't like that much. We argued about that and I told her that it was inconsiderate to go out all night when I had to work, and she told me that she hosed someone else the night before. Later on, she told me that she wanted an open relationship while she was working. After she got back, she asked me if I wanted to talk about things and I asked her if she really did have sex the night before. She said yes, and showed me the picture of her with another girl. We never specifically excluded her being involved with other girls, so she didn't think it would be a problem. She also thought that because of my relaxed attitude towards sex that it would be fine. I am open to adding in extras as long as we both are up for it, and she didn't really like the idea of adding in extras. I told her it was not really fair that she could get sexual with other people and I couldn't, even though she says it would be fine if I did it with other guys. Again, I have no interest in other guys so it isn't really fair to me. I understand the logic, though. Neither of us would date someone of the same sex, so there wouldn't be a chance of us leaving each other for them, but it still doesn't make me want to get involved with dudes.

We fought a lot about it and went around in circles all night. I told her that what she did was cheating, and she kept saying that she wasn't and she didn't know that I'd be upset about it. She wanted me to get her cigarettes, but I didn't feel like it at 4 AM, especially because of how mad I was. She tried to drive herself, but I wouldn't let her because she was drunk. She then decided that she was going to walk there and I said fine.

She was shuffling around downstairs for a while and I was wondering why she didn't leave yet. She then went into the bathroom, locked the door, and I smelled rubbing alcohol. I asked her what she was doing and she wouldn't tell me. Eventually she came out, and I asked her if she hurt herself because there was blood everywhere. She told me no, and I told her to show me. She ended up cutting herself deeply on her hip (much deeper than she intended), and I told her that we needed to get her to a hospital. She refused to let me take her. After a while, she called her friend and her friend tried to convince her to go to the hospital. She wouldn't let me take her, so I ended up calling an ambulance.

She was extremely mad about that because she didn't want her kid to be subject to child protective services, but I had to get her patched up. At the hospital, they found Xanax, coke, and painkillers in her system from the night before, which all contributed to her bad decision making the day before. I talked to the psychiatrist and made sure they knew that she wasn't trying to kill herself, and they let her go later that day. Later on that night, we talked about everything. I was ready to pull the plug, but she wanted to stay together in an open relationship. We were going around in circles again, so I went to my friend's house to get away from the situation. The next day, we talked some more and she talked about how depressed she was about everything. Her job is terrible, she has a kid and can't go out as much as she wants, and she doesn't have a license or a car so that makes it even more difficult. She also started talking about how we never go out anymore as a couple, which I didn't even notice was happening, so she was falling out of love. We talked through things and agreed to try to go out more together. Not everything was solved yet, but we agreed to try to be better about communication and going out.

That was almost two weeks ago, and this brings us to the festival that started last week for the solar eclipse. We left for the festival, and had a great time for a few days. She got very drunk for a couple of days and said that she was going to not get drunk that day, but she ended up getting drunk anyway. She was stumbling around, knocking things over, and in general just being drunk. She told me at one point to not let her drink anymore, so I decided to try to follow through. As we were kissing when going out to the show, she was biting my lip as she usually does, but it started to hurt because she was being too aggressive with it. I asked her to be a little bit nicer about it because there was a hole in my lip, and she said that she would bite a hole in it if I put my lips there. I got frustrated and told her that this wasn't fun anymore. I told her that I'm coming to her to tell her that she is hurting me and asked if she would respect that I was uncomfortable with it. She proceeded to tell me that she didn't care and that she was done with me. She then tried to grab beer and I wouldn't let her. I told my friends that I didn't want them giving her any more beer because she was too drunk.

Later on, we went back to camp and she tried to get more beer. I told her that she didn't need any more several times. I was being nice about it at first, but I lost my patience (probably because I was drunk too) and yelled at her about how she wasn't going to drink anymore that night. She was embarrassed about me yelling at her in front of everyone and started to cry. We ended up going out again later and didn't drink any more.

The next day, she didn't want to talk about anything, and when she did she didn't want to acknowledge that she got too drunk and made a fool of herself. We ended up staying apart the rest of the night. I saw her and my friend (from the threesome) in the van. He was talking to her and giving her a shoulder rub. That didn't bother me at all. Later on, I looked into the van and he was grabbing her butt, and I told him that he needed to stop. He denied it even though I saw it and told me that he was just trying to make sure that she was in a good head-space. I trust that he wasn't trying to overstep boundaries, but it didn't make it any less uncomfortable for me.

The next day, we hung out together and she told me that she was going to move out. I told her that I understood and told her that she could have time to find a place. Later on that night, we went out with our friends to watch the show. We didn't talk a whole lot at that point.

Later on, she was sitting in a chair talking to some dude, and ended up making out with him right in front of me. I don't know if she intended for me to see it or not, but I went over and shut it down. I ended up talking to the guy that was kissing her and explained the situation, and he wasn't happy with me. I wasn't mad at him at all because he didn't know the situation, but that didn't make him feel much better about it.

Later on, I was walking around and saw my friend and ex (gf?) walking around. I went up to them and asked why she would go around kissing dudes right in front of me hours after breaking up with me. She got mad, and my friend told me to go away so he could handle the situation, and that he wasn't trying to screw me over. I left and danced with my friends, and went back to camp later that night.

Since it was the last night of the festival, I wanted to pack up that night and leave early since we had a long drive and the rental had to be back at a specific time. Everyone wanted to stay longer and continue to get drunk, but I explained that we had to be back at a certain time and it just wasn't possible to stay longer. Everyone ended up partying all night and passing out, so it was up to me and another friend to pack everything up. My friend who hung out with her the night before ended up cuddling her all night and all day on the ride back, and refused to help drive.

When we got back home, she informed me that she was going over to his house to party with him and our other friends. I pulled him aside and I told him that it would make me very uncomfortable if that happened because of how much they were hanging on each other the past couple of days. He told me that she was just trying to escape for a little while, was insistent that he was not trying to screw me over and told me that I was causing him a bunch of problems. I asked him if he would promise me that he wouldn't have sex with her, and he wouldn't do it. He said that it wasn't his goal, but he wouldn't be able to resist if she came on to him (which is the problem I had with it since I saw her kissing a dude right in front of me the day before). He ended up getting aggressive with me and left yelling in front of everyone. I tried to ask her to go home with her girl-friend, and she got mad and told me that I was just trying to control her.

That was last night. She is still at his house as far as I'm aware. I know that he isn't trying to have sex with her, but the fact that he is letting her over knowing that he might not be able to control himself makes me very uncomfortable. I don't want to lose my friend over this, but I don't think I could stand to look at him if they do end up boning. I don't know if she is trying to have sex with him or not (she told him that she wasn't interested in doing it at the festival and neither was he), but it doesn't make it any better.

She has a lot of problems with spitefulness and commitment because of previous relationships too. That's not to say I'm justifying her actions, but it makes it difficult when she projects those insecurities onto me.

I know that she needs space to think about things whether or not we get back together. But it is difficult to do so because she doesn't have a vehicle and she has a kid that needs watched while she goes to work. We have only had problems for about 3 or 4 weeks, and the months before it were great. I don't know what to do at this point and I need some advice.

Again, sorry about the lengthy post, but I feel like context was important to understand the situation. Thank you in advance for your help. Part of me wants to try to figure things out, a very small part of me is thinking about ending it. I love her still and I know that she loves me. I understand why she is depressed and lashing out, so it breaks my heart that she is doing it. If there wasn't a good reason for her to be wiling out, I wouldn't give it a second thought. I know I have been a jerk too sometimes, so it isn't all her fault. Is there any recovery from this? Is it pointless to try? If I should try to fix things, how do I go about doing that? How do I maintain the "No contact rule" while we live together?

TLDR; GF and I have been fighting for a few weeks and broke up the other day. We fought, I kissed her best friend when I thought I had permission, and we had a threesome with one of my best friends. She slept with another girl not knowing that I would be upset about it, asked for an open relationship, and then cut herself after we got done arguing. We went to a festival, ended up getting drunk and arguing after she was being reckless all day, and she broke up with me. Now my friend is mad, getting in the middle of the situation, and being really inconsiderate about how things feel to me. Is there any recovery from this? Is it pointless to try? If I should try to fix things, how do I go about doing that? How do I maintain the "No contact rule" while we live together?

Edit1: I should mention that the house we live in is one that I bought almost a year ago, so there is no way that I'm leaving it to get away from the situation. She might stay with someone else, but I haven't talked to her for more than about a minute to figure out what her plan was, which is still up in the air. I also talked to another friend who is staying with my friend and ex, and he said that nothing has happened between them, and that my friend is genuinely just giving her a place to escape for a bit.

I'm [M/22] and listening to "dancing queen" by ABBA made me really depressed about my life, age and girls.I'm also in love with this girl [18/F] from okcupid who thinks im a stalker.

quote:

I heard the song 'dancing queen' by abba yesterday in a restaurant, and the lyrics really made me think

So I'm 21, and so far, my life hasn't been what I was hoping it would be. I've never had a girlfriend or even a kiss, and I've only had sex once in my life when I was 19...and that was at the moonlite bunnyranch.

my life has failed. im very unhealthy, and none of my plans worked the way i wanted them to. i hitch-hiked to LA when i was 19 to be a rockstar, but that didnt work. ive always had fantasies of fortune and fame, of being somebody, because i just cant stand being a nobody. i often have little fantsies and daydreams throughout the day, very vivid. ive had them my entire life, although i used to get very strong visions when i shot speedballs (heroin/cocaine) in L.A. i dont do that anymore, but sometimes istill get the visions and they're actually quite fun.

ive spent my entire life on the "outside"- no friends, no sex, no real life. living in hollywood was a wild ride, for sure, and its a great story, but im still riddled with regret.

when dancing queen came on, i had one of those visions. i found a website that had lyric interpretations, and the first entry struck a chord. Google "dancing queen lyric meanings ", it's the 2nd result.

its really about a beautiful 17 year old girl, in the prime of her life,having one of those magical youthful summer nights. every looks at her, and how perfect she is, and "The theme in the song is one of joy and a celebration of youth and innocence while a lament for that same loss of youth and innocence felt by the onlookers." this was really sad for me, because it reminds me of how my true youth is nearly over- that magical 17-20 era, the college years- and ive never had any real experience with a girl.

i had a vision of the dancing queen. i imagined her as a girl from okcupid im in love with. i imagined some resort on a greek beach, seeing her dancing, wishing i could be with her, how beautiful she is. but the reality is, im almost 22, she just turned 18. im ugly, she's beautiful. i got IP banned by okcupid for messaging her a lot and creeping her out, she said she thought it was harrassment. i know it was wrong and im really sorry :( its actually a mini-scandal on r/okcupid. i'm known for being a creepy, stalker troll, and they hate me for it. she hates me for it. I hate me for it.

im really scared ofthe day im 26 and see some 19 year old college kids walk in, and seeing how attractive the girls are. ill be "old" to them, past my prime, officially sliding down towards the end. i find that im still mostly attracted to 17-19 year olds, I think but I never experienced that so my brain never matured past it. mentally, i still feel 20. im notreadyto be 22, and it feels weird, like ill wake up tomorrow and be 18 again. its really scary that aging if forever, especially when you missed the best years.

Actually, one of the reasons i wanted to get famous was to promote transhumanism/anti-aging technologies that could make people biological young again, giving me a 2nd chance.but now my opportunity to explore avenues for becoming famous hve run thin. too old to start acting, and the rock star trip has been over for over 20 years. i have one thing left- my book. im writing a book on MRA/feminism with a autobiographical part.

but now im a shell of my former self. 4 years of terrible diet has left me very unhealthy. my looks are gone my energy is gone and my mind is gone. but i want to come back. i want to get to live, just once, at LEAST once.

so this morning i woke up and went running at the beach. it was my first time running in over a year- ivebeen too sick. i nearly threw up and thought i was going to die, but i finished the whole run. im going to start eating paleo, and im going to get better so im good enough for that girl from okcupid

because the truth is...i realize that i adore her, and always will. she's perfect and i cant stop thinking about her. i have to make myself better to deserve her.

TL;DR lament lost youth, unreturned love.

christmas boots fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Aug 25, 2017

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

fruit on the bottom posted:

On a January evening of the early seventies, Christine Nilsson was singing in Faust at the Academy of Music in New York.

My [22 F] girlfriend broke up with me [22 M] during a festival for the solar eclipse. I don't really know what's next at this point.

I made like the sun during the eclipse and hid my eyes away from whatever words are in that novella.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I read most of it.

TL:DR - It's a poor idea to expect a good relationship with a stripper, who knew?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Pvt.Scott posted:

I made like the sun during the eclipse and hid my eyes away from whatever words are in that novella.

i read like half of it before giving up and basically he's dating a trainwreck of a woman and refuses to get off of the train, which definitely should not have taken thirty paragraphs to express

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Pick posted:

gently caress YOU dad, you're not the boss of me

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pick posted:

Also don't post some dude's take on what Seinfeld would look like without jokes but if it ran for just as long anyway

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I'm gonna assume the funny part of that is the ungodly length that nobody could ever read, since nothing is bolded.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Is my bf crazy? (self.relationship_advice)

quote:

So I really need advice on my boyfriend, we met 2 months ago and it sounds crazy but we were already talking about rings and moving and just so obsessed with each other. I feel like I've been living in a fairytale. I get along with his family great, he's soo hot and always texting me sweet stuff all day everyday. Well my ex texted me wanting to come by and pick up an air mattress that be bought to go on a camping trip so I told him to come grab it. Well my bf came to surprise me at the same time and walks in to my ex being here and lost his mind.

He walked in and we were both in different rooms its not like anything was going on, but he got really mad and turned to leave and I followed him so I could explain the situation. Which I completely understand looked horrible. He was screaming at me really loud while we sat in his car trying to explain myself and he kept saying my answers were stupid and he wanted to punch me in the face And smash my head through the window.

Well after about 40 minutes of screaming he pulls away in his car and he gets really creepy he's saying things like, it really sucks when you trust someone and they betray you, you don't know me that well what if I killed you, I could kill you right now. You don't know what I'm capable of so I open my door trying to get out and he's like no please don't leave I'm not going to hurt you I was just trying to scare you and hurt you like your hurt me.

So he was holding my arms and not letting me get out and after about 5 mins with my door open the whole time he pulls over and we talk, come back to my place and hes still saying things like he wants to punch me and delete all the pictures in my phone bc I don't deserve memories so I went to delete then and he says not to. So I feel like he's just playing games at this point so I go to leave my apartment and he holds me so tight so I don't leave I have bruises on both my arms from it. He said he needed me bc he was hurting so I couldn't leave.

Everyone I've talked to says I have to run as fast as I can bc that's the start of abuse but I understand he was mad and probably just said stuff out of anger. He says that's not him and he was just saying that stuff to scare me and it was an act and it will never happen again. He's appolized 100s of times and is begging for another chance. I feel like if he was willing to give me another chance I should give him one but my friends are all really concerned and say I should change my locks and everything so I'm so confused and would love some advice.

:siren:YES HE IS CRAZY YOU DUMBASS REDDITOR:siren:

maskenfreiheit fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Aug 25, 2017

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My [29 M] sister [25 F] seems to have gone off the deep end over the past couple years, she's had a kid with a married guy who she lives with, and has gone somewhat insane.

quote:

My sister has been somewhat of a difficult person to have a relationship with over not just the past couple years but essentially her whole life. She's the youngest and the most doted upon, also the only girl with two older brothers. I'm sure that fact has something to do with her personality but I'm sure narcissism plays a role with her more recent... issues.

Some of what's happened to her has been tragic, but some is of her own devices and a result of her actions. I guess where I should start is when I lived with her for a short period. She was chronically unemployed or underemployed, tended to do stupid poo poo like driving drunk and hitting deer. Crashed a rent car once, that was fun for my parents to deal with. When she was living with me she was still somewhat dealing with a legal issue revolving her stealing from Target. After she finally extricated herself from her apartment obligation to me and moved in with her boyfriend at the time she was neither employed nor living in a place that was hers. She entirely depended on her boyfriend, who was the type of well off peacocking gym trainer douche who was fine with that.

Fast forward a couple years and her relationship with one boyfriend ends, and another one starts not long after the other's over. This time she's dating an ex-military guy who's out for medical disability. The guy is a mixture of total incompetence and actual physical damage. He's one of the more tragic people I've ever met. He really can't hold it together, be it a marriage or having a working car/cellphone for more than a week. Apparently he totaled two cars in the same day once and him and my sister share a phone because he keeps breaking them (including any other small electronic devices he may own), suffice to say the guy's a mess, mentally and physically. He's married to this girl that won't let him divorce her so she doesn't go off his benefits, making it so that my sister can't technically marry him even though they have a child. My sister is fine with this allegedly and doesn't want to marry him, but for some reason is talking about having another child with him.

The truly tragic thing about my sister in recent events is that while she was pregnant with her daughter she was run over by a negligent driver in the middle of a crosswalk. She was bedridden and had severe issues walking for about a year but thankfully there was no damage to the child and my sister fully recovered. She sued the guy who ran over her and settled out of court for about 50k. Since the settlement she's taken the money and bought a trailer and a truck to pull it. The trailer is one of those airstream kinds of trailers and the truck is this terribly large 6 wheel truck that gets about 8-10 miles a gallon. Apparently they had a van at some point too but I think her boyfriend may have wrecked it, not 100% sure about that.

Now here's where things get really insane. My sister has always had some rather off the wall thinking, she's been indoctrinated into more than one church/cult. This is a byproduct of my parents being very religious while we were growing up, so I think she's always been in that religious mindset and kind of moves from partially insane conspiracies involving the Illuminati and "The Jews" to believing that quartz has healing energies. Her latest insanity involves the fact that her boyfriend apparently has gotten word from his military intelligence contacts who say that the economic downfall of the entire world has started and that The Jews are going to revalue everyone's debt to zero sometime in the next few years, causing widespread economic destruction and the end of life as we know it on earth. They've concocted this half-baked idea that they're going to buy a mountain in the back country of Colorado about a couple hours from civilization, build an "Earth Ship" (look it up on youtube), and cover a small part of the land in $25,000 worth of solar panels that she's bought like yesterday.

Now, about these solar panels. She takes 50% of her settlement and just dumps it on these useless things, and then has the gall to request to store them in my parent's garage in their rent home. My parents asked me if I thought they should let her store them there and I told them not to let her do that as that would be them enabling her insanity. After they refused to store them she flew off the handle and started saying actually incredibly hurtful and mean things about my father. A bit about my dad, he's not exactly in the best of health. He has psoriatic arthritis, psoriasis, sleep apnea, crippling social anxiety, has been morbidly obese for a long time, and recently has moved to Colorado so he can take care of himself with access to cannabinoids that help his symptoms. He's also been going to yoga 1-3 times a day every day for the past couple years or so and has lost over 120 lbs. But when my sister decided to kick up a fuss and bitch and moan about them not helping store her stupid solar panels, his symptoms flared up from the stress. I won't get into the specifics of what my sister said to cause these issues but suffice to say they were just short of totally inexcusable and bordered on outright vulgarity and just disgustingly mean. She actually found a way to make my father feel bad about working out and being healthy.

I've actually found a way to stupidly involve myself in her affairs once again. I guess on /r/raisedbynarcissists they call it LC. I've been LC with my sister for some time now but since she's been in the hospital and had the child its seemed socially imperative that I address her. Lets just say I agreed to help her financially somewhat (which I've stopped doing) but after her spat with my father I'm outright not speaking to her and I feel that If I was to talk to her I'd unload on her about how she's not only warped her world view into something so divorced from reality that it mirrors insanity but that her actions with relation to our father has made me want to tell her that she's an outright oval office and that she should go gently caress herself. The real cherry on the sundae of why I feel that way was that she decided to "apologize" to my parents regarding her recent words by blaming them on her period. This fact only serves to make me more pissed off, not less. My parents, in particular my mother, have heard how I feel about my sister at this point and actually have said that maybe I should give her a reality check, that she needs to hear some stern words. Thing is I'm tired. I've got issues of my own to deal with, mental, health, financial. I'm trying to do a cross country move in two months and really don't need to deal with someone texting me calling me an rear end in a top hat because I'm ignoring them.

I just don't get what I should do at this point. I don't have the time or the energy to deal with this. I don't think it's fair for her to wantonly disregard her own financial security in the name of insanity, simultaneously endangering herself and her child. I don't think it's fair that I should have to help her and I don't think I want to at this point either. I'd like to perhaps have some kind of relationship with my niece but she's caught between a dumbass and a nutter.

tl;dr: Sis is nuts, tragic things happen to her but she makes bad decisions in life and with her money causing family friction. Her words damage my father's health. I have neither the time nor the energy to deal with her insanity but I worry about my niece.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I genuinely expected that eclipse post to be Galtse.txt at certain point but, no, guy is just really in love with a person who wont remember his name in 3 years

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

Wowee that lady is a whole basket of batshit.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You know, both parties dont need to agree with a divorce for it to happen. Yes, even the debt jubilee jewlluminati.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
I liked the striper one, because I kept skimming it and feel on "and then she kissed another guy" like a thousand times in a roll.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
That lady and her partner are like, professionally full-time crazy.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
[MA] Neighbor is threatening to sue me because of the flags I fly in my front yard (self.legaladvice)

quote:

I live in Massachusetts and I fly four flags in my front yard. A transgender flag with the no symbol, a "Make America Great Again" flag, a gay pride flag (I'm bisexual as is my wife), and the U.S. flag.

My neighbor is a trans woman apparently as this morning I got a nasty note about how I am "bigoted", and that I am getting sued if I don't take down the flag. Now, in my town there is no bylaw stating that I can't have certain flags up in my yard as long as they are not obscene. This neighbor has also verbally abused me in the past and has called me "a trumpanzee", "a disgrace to queers", and "an alt-right nutjob".

I do not wish to offend anyone but I am upset that my free speech rights are being infringed. I understand reasonable people can disagree on issues, but I don't agree with this whole "lesbians are bigoted if they don't date trans women" argument I see everywhere. That is why I flag the transgender flag with the no symbol. I don't think most people even know what the transgender flag looks like.

What legal recourse do I have to stop my neighbor from suing me for my flags?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

because i just cant stand being a nobody

Boy, do I have some bad news, sport

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

maskenfreiheit posted:

[MA] Neighbor is threatening to sue me because of the flags I fly in my front yard (self.legaladvice)

this sounds real and i sure do believe it