Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Leperflesh posted:

Every expenditure is a compromise between features. See, here you are recommending Samsung, even though they've been up to this sort of thing:
https://www.extremetech.com/electronics/241500-samsung-smart-tv-update-forces-users-see-ads

LG has the best web TV interface. And as for the specifics of my tv: it's in a bright room, I don't use it as a computer monitor so the (what you called "fake 4k" - horseshit, it has 4k resolution, it's 4k) RGBW pixel arrangement has no negative effect on what I'm watching, and it performs very well for the price I paid compared to the other TVs that were available at that time (march).

Calm down, I figured the man who does so much research would look into getting the best PICTURE (that's why to use a TV is to view things so why not have things look the best) would not buy such a subpar TV with so many compromises. Yeah, Samsung has ads if you use the smart tv functions, and Vizio records your poo poo. Built-in smart tv/webtv functions are absolutely garbage and easily outclassed by hooking any roku/xbox/ps4/pc/laptop to the TV. The picture on those brands absolutely shits on the picture quality of the LG, and rtings proves it over and over. Don't take my word for it, take the professional TV reviewers word.

Ya got took, plain and simple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

lol edited my TV post. BrownThunder cleverly linked to a review of a different TV than the one I bought. My UH7700 tv from LG is true 4k.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
TV fight!

TV fight!

TV fight!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Ehud posted:

How did Brock Osweiler beat the Pats that one time?

Mostly the defense and not much tape on Brock yet, imo e: also lots of Pat injuries

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

I'm glad of it. I guess it didn't matter though since you called the RGBW pixel structure 4k as well.

Edit: The TV you have has the same ads you blasted the Samsung for tho. Thinking Emoji

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Ehud posted:

I really like watching hurricane coverage on the weather channel. It provides a sense of nostalgia and reminds me of my childhood as a budding Florida man.

We had a magnetic dry erase map on the fridge where my mom taught us how to plot lat/long coordinates of Hurricane Floyd bearing down on my childhood and going out to help spray paint our house number on the driveway :unsmith:

Ahhh memories

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I like my Roku 4k tv

But yes Tom Brady absolutely juices and also has hair plugs

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Tom Brady is like the LG Tv version of a quarterback, constantly cheating and nudging the rules to claim they are better than they really are

makes you think

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Hot Diggity! posted:

I like my Roku 4k tv

But yes Tom Brady absolutely juices and also has hair plugs

I think he dyes his stubble. Is that even possible?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
What is the best way to watch out of market NFL games these days now that the gamepass vpn loophole is closed

Is r/nflstreams good?

Sling box? How would I set that up to get Chiefs games

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Blitz7x posted:

We had a magnetic dry erase map on the fridge where my mom taught us how to plot lat/long coordinates of Hurricane Floyd bearing down on my childhood and going out to help spray paint our house number on the driveway :unsmith:

Ahhh memories

We used to go get hurricane plotting maps from the gas station. My drunk dad would take me up there on his motorcycle for maps and more beer.

Don't worry I had a helmet.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

BrownThunder posted:

I'm glad of it. I guess it didn't matter though since you called the RGBW pixel structure 4k as well.

Edit: The TV you have has the same ads you blasted the Samsung for tho. Thinking Emoji

The TV I bought is true 120hz RGB, but yeah RGBW is still 4k, albeit a compromised-quality cheap option for one.

The LG TV I bought does not spam me with ads and more importantly, it did not get a pushed, mandatory software update from the manufacturer that caused it to spam me with more ads than before, with no way to fully turn them off.

Basically Samsung lately have been kind of scummy and I don't recommend them as a brand. See also: exploding phones.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

What is the best way to watch out of market NFL games these days now that the gamepass vpn loophole is closed

Is r/nflstreams good?

NFLStreams still works great, especially if you can hook a PC to your TV with adblock. I built an HTPC solely for this reason

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Is r/nflstreams good?

You can get streams from r/nflstreams but you better have your antivirus ready for action

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Samsung is scummy, agreed. They're basically the Uber of TV makers

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

BrownThunder posted:

NFLStreams still works great, especially if you can hook a PC to your TV with adblock. I built an HTPC solely for this reason

Seconding this. Go for VLC/Ace Streams when available. They have the best quality and less of the adsy/virusy bs

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I just got sunday ticket like a scrub

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

BrownThunder posted:

Samsung is scummy, agreed. They're basically the Uber of TV makers

Samsung, Uber, and Tom Brady are all good.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hm

I plan on buying whatever Tv is around $800 at Costco

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Time posted:

Samsung, Uber, and Tom Brady are all good.

Also, Get This: When you rearrange the first letter of those, you get Carson Wentz

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

just lol if you don't but tvs full price at best buy

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

Hm

I plan on buying whatever Tv is around $800 at Costco

I did this and I'm very happy with my purchase

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Always buy from Costco if you can, especially with their credit card that turns a 1 year warranty into 4 year

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I just got sunday ticket like a scrub

:same:
When I got DirecTV to update me to 4k service they upgrade my sunday ticket to the better version with red zone, which is a nice perq since I do fantasy.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Still never gone into a costco

heard they have good hot dogs

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Their jeans are also good for lazing around the house on a Sunday or doing yard work

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

As a recent convert I can safely say that Costco owns and I should have joined sooner! I get all wide eyed everytime I go.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I'm telling man, their socks

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah I don't buy Costco electronics on the possibly wrong assumption that like the other giant retailers, they're carrying special costco-only SKUs that have been subtly de-featured in order to support the lower price. But goddamn I love me some costco shopping.

This summer I went in and got whole fresh wild caught alaskan salmon for like $7.99/lb, it was gorgeous and amazing

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

the primary issue is that to go inside you have to be a member and I don't want to be a member without going inside and seeing what its like

the struggle

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

The TV I bought is true 120hz RGB, but yeah RGBW is still 4k, albeit a compromised-quality cheap option for one.

The LG TV I bought does not spam me with ads and more importantly, it did not get a pushed, mandatory software update from the manufacturer that caused it to spam me with more ads than before, with no way to fully turn them off.

Basically Samsung lately have been kind of scummy and I don't recommend them as a brand. See also: exploding phones.

Leperflesh trying to talk to BT about TVs is literally worse than whomever tried to talk to Swickles about doctoring.

Let the expert be an expert. Wikipedia isn't going to bring you to their level in 10 minutes.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

MrLogan posted:

Leperflesh trying to talk to BT about TVs is literally worse than whomever tried to talk to Swickles about doctoring.

Let the expert be an expert. Wikipedia isn't going to bring you to their level in 10 minutes.

dude attacked my tv on the basis it was a different worse tv, tho

you spend a thousand bucks on something, you're emotionally committed and are duty-bound to defend your choices as an american consumer

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

the primary issue is that to go inside you have to be a member and I don't want to be a member without going inside and seeing what its like

the struggle

Just hold a random card out and smile and nod walking past. You need a card to actually buy something but they're not too strict on letting people in. Or just say you need to get a new card

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I gave up on Costco for a couple of reasons

It's insanely busy at all times and I hate waiting in long lines.

They move inventory to totally different places and I never know where to buy my favorite products.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Blitz7x posted:

Just hold a random card out and smile and nod walking past. You need a card to actually buy something but they're not too strict on letting people in. Or just say you need to get a new card

Pick a random person of the opposite gender and approximate age as you and pretend you're their spouse for five seconds as you walk in through the door.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

Pick a random person of the opposite gender and approximate age as you and pretend you're their spouse for five seconds as you walk in through the door.

Also, similar weight.

Mel, you may have issues.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah I don't buy Costco electronics on the possibly wrong assumption that like the other giant retailers, they're carrying special costco-only SKUs that have been subtly de-featured in order to support the lower price. But goddamn I love me some costco shopping.

This summer I went in and got whole fresh wild caught alaskan salmon for like $7.99/lb, it was gorgeous and amazing

It's not possibly wrong, it's definitely wrong, because the model numbers are sometimes changed on big items to prevent price matching. Avoiding Costco electronics when they have the best return policy/warranty on the planet is insane.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The swole chapo boy wrote about the passing of Rich Piana, that's a pretty interesting look at the guy:

http://deadspin.com/rich-piana-lived-as-big-as-he-was-1798428768

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

MrLogan posted:

Also, similar weight.

Mel, you may have issues.

Costco doors are pretty large, I think that's a door Mel can fit through without needing to turn sideways like he normally does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
mels fat and lonely!!

• Locked thread