Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Pesticide20 posted:

Congrats dude!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

meh.com has this for $45 ($130 @ Amazon) 🤔

ENERGIZER JUMP STARTERS (11100mAh, Black with Flashlight) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y4LQJ7H/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_7M7Nzb0EJBB7Y

100% worth a purchase if you don't have one. They will pretty effortlessly jump off any passenger car or truck.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Someone post the get out frog YouTube video. I need it for something

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Someone post the get out frog YouTube video. I need it for something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbMLphi7HQU

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Handsome Ralph posted:

Proposed to my girlfriend today :toot:

I'm gonna go against the grain here to let you know You hosed Up, but it's okay because It's Not Too Late To Fix This.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Like you ever wonder why so many married guys kill their whole family the themselves? You'll find out soon enough

Other advice I have:

Start hiding assets from her now
Develop an escape plan with your mistress before you make a move. Just showing up at her doorstep one night with a suitcase is rude
Make sure she never, ever sees you successfully complete a chore indoors
Start taking 45 minute poops now, don't try to blame old age later
Get in the habit of getting cash bck everywhere so she can't track how much money is in your wallet at any given time

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I just read "proposed to girlfriend" and took "girlfriend" as she said no. Gotta fix that nomenclature, dude.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

milk milk lemonade posted:

Develop an escape plan with your mistress before you make a move. Just showing up at her doorstep one night with a suitcase is rude
Get in the habit of getting cash bck everywhere so she can't track how much money is in your wallet at any given time

This but really.

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I just read "proposed to girlfriend" and took "girlfriend" as she said no. Gotta fix that nomenclature, dude.

This too.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Past tense phrasing :colbert:

Now the ardous journey of dealing with wedding planning junk. My idea of eloping to Scotland was met with mild interest so maybe I'll luck out yet again.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Just got a $5000 increase in my credit limit :stare:

Going to keep budgeting for my previous credit limit since I don't need more but still...

:stare:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

That'll happen pretty routinely once you start to build credit. Interestingly, it actually helps your credit score assuming you maintain the same level of utilization, since your overall utilization will be a smaller percentage of your overall available credit.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

It's a trap. My limit is like 40k but I'll be damned if I ever go higher than I can pay off with my next check.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I don't plan on using any more than I'm using now and pretending like I never got an increase at all. What I've been doing for the last year or so is using credit whenever possible to get the cash rewards, but only if I have money in my checking account to pay it off. Then before my billing cycle ends I'll pay all but $50 or so of it off.

Maybe I'm wrong but I've heard carrying a small balance on your billing statement and paying a tiny bit of interest will make you more attractive to creditors since they see you are responsible, but they still make a few dollars off of you. I could be way off base but whatever I'm doing has increased my credit score by 200ish points in the last couple of years.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I don't worry about micromanaging it because I got a mortgage and two car payments but I'd be curious if that is true.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

It's a trap. My limit is like 40k but I'll be damned if I ever go higher than I can pay off with my next check.

I had two international trips that fell in the same billing cycle last year and I ended up owing something like $12,000 (which I was reimbursed for before the bill was due, thankfully). Cash back from that was nice, though!

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Proposed to my girlfriend today :toot:

:thumbsup:

edit

LingcodKilla posted:

My daughters worked a summer for a credit card call center (so horrible that it convinced them to go to and finish college)

They call people who don't build up a balance Deadbeats.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I have been micromanaging every penny of my finances since I got out of the military and got everything paid off.

My credit limit was $300 in 2015 and that was on a secure credit card because it's all I could get "approved" for. I'm not quite walking around able to put a BMW on my Visa, but I'm really satisfied with the progress I have made.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

I have been micromanaging every penny of my finances since I got out of the military and got everything paid off.

My credit limit was $300 in 2015 and that was on a secure credit card because it's all I could get "approved" for. I'm not quite walking around able to put a BMW on my Visa, but I'm really satisfied with the progress I have made.

Great job on the adulting!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
No poo poo sometimes I motivate myself to do chores like clean the house or fold my laundry by saying "what would an adult do?"

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

No poo poo sometimes I motivate myself to do chores like clean the house or fold my laundry by saying "what would an adult do?"

I'm feeling a little guilty about going fishing every night from Thursday to Monday but the seasons is over next weekend.
Plenty of time for the honey-do/be a goddamn adult list then.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

milk milk lemonade posted:

Like you ever wonder why so many married guys kill their whole family the themselves? You'll find out soon enough

Other advice I have:

I suggest you try being open and honest in your relationship and see how that works for you :nsa:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I had this week off before starting my new job on Monday. I made a list of poo poo to do and it felt good to do it all. Still had time for fun, too.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rad Lieutenant posted:

I suggest you try being open and honest in your relationship and see how that works for you :nsa:

:thunk:

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Rad Lieutenant posted:

"Life Under The Pergola" by Beanie

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Eh, he's right in some ways.

The minute my exwife figured out I knew how to do laundry, it was on my list. Also cooking, because I worked as a cook. And dishes because that goes with cooking, right? By the end I was doing all the goddamn chores and she just sat on her rear end reading with a $5 coffee in her hand. While I worked late nights and went to classes during the day.

Goddamn, just reminded myself why I like being single. I only have to clean up after myself. Might as well go delete okcupid again.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Maybe I'm wrong but I've heard carrying a small balance on your billing statement and paying a tiny bit of interest will make you more attractive to creditors since they see you are responsible, but they still make a few dollars off of you. I could be way off base but whatever I'm doing has increased my credit score by 200ish points in the last couple of years.

This is a pretty common misconception. Carrying a balance doesn't improve your credit score, and it means you're paying interest as soon as you swipe your credit card. If you pay off your balance every month, you never pay interest and you get at least the same benefit to your score.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Someone tried to do a tax scam on an employee here. They said they were a sheriff from Wisconsin and that the employee was going to be arrested for tax fraud unless they paid up. So we ran a warrant check and then traced the number and emailed the jurisdiction's actual sheriff about their scammer boy. :hehe:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

:cheers:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
friend of mine has a equestrian facility that caters to white people pretending to be western that want their children to play with horses all day. here's some names of the latest group to signup.

Fallon
Pallyn
Skyler
Kaycie
Kaily
Cierra
Kendi
Jami
Cierra
Brikayli

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

white people are crazy

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I dated a girl named Braedy who had a brother named Brigand and a sister named Brookie.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
My sons class has Braden Jaden Caden Hayden and 2 kids named Aiden

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Saw a Phalicity in my facebook feed. Someone I went to school withs' kid.

These are people who name their kids Cannonn (actual spelling) and some other similar sounding but poorly spelled poo poo.

White people in farm country. The gently caress.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Rad Lieutenant posted:

My sons class has Braden Jaden Caden Hayden and 2 kids named Aiden

Same thing in my kids classes.

I get irrationally angry when a kid has a last name for a first name.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Didn't people use to complain about "black" names like this?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

cultural appropriation and ability to get firstname.lastname on gmail without using numbers like a beta

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

cultural appropriation and ability to get firstname.lastname on gmail without using numbers like a beta

i'm dickgobbler69@gmail.com and i like it that way

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

LingcodKilla posted:

Didn't people use to complain about "black" names like this?

And probably still do. It's part "my child is a snowflake" and part dumb as gently caress parents. Every race can be guilty of it because everyone is retarded.

If I was dumb enough to have kids, they'd get easy names. A boy would definitely be named Dick. But I had a great uncle named Dick so I don't see anything wrong with it.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Aug 25, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If you want to name your kid something stupid that's cool with me but don't be surprised if they get made fun of. Kids are assholes even if you think the world is getting more liberally minded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

I dated a girl named Braedy who had a brother named Brigand and a sister named Brookie.

Did their parents know what brigand means?

Because that's kinda cool.

• Locked thread