Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

What is coconut slang for??? Are they just selling coconuts in addition to their selection of drugs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Haier posted:

Hmmm, buying highly illegal drugs in China from Instagram... what could go wrong?

quote:

For more information write to our Wechat or Telegram

I'm the criminal mastermind arranging drug transactions via a platform openly monitored and censored by the Chinese authorities.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

I'm the criminal mastermind arranging drug transactions via a platform openly monitored and censored by the Chinese authorities.
[/quote]

I use PGP for all my wechat drug deals

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Tolkien minority posted:

What is coconut slang for??? Are they just selling coconuts in addition to their selection of drugs?

I'm going to guess Cocaine

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Known Lecher posted:

Maybe they have a guy that has a bag of polished crystals, shredded coconut, plastic joke hash tags, stamps, wheat grass boxes, and speedometers, so if there is a raid he has plausible deniability.

LOL, yeah right.

Tolkien minority posted:

Google tells me it is slang for cocaine.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
On topic: I immediately stopped tagging my few photos on IG when I arrived last year because the spam was unbelievable. I'd tag Shenzhen or Zhongshan or something, and within minutes I would be flooded with followers selling Chinese knock-off handbag and shoes, and other dumb poo poo like drones and PCB parts. They were obviously refreshing the location tags with their hordes of accounts. Worse, to me, was the all of the Chinese "models" and photographers who would do the same thing, but it was out of a desperate plea for attention. Then came the comments in English and Chinese of "I like the photo, pelase follow me back" and you look at their profile and it's some 20-year-old fuerdai going to school in the Boston, using some $3000 range finder he bought on vacation in Japan.

Then I realized I could make my profile private and avoid all of this, so I just did that.

It makes me grateful that these people are not on Facebook. Indians + Mainlanders on FB would be too much. I have Indian friends on my FB and spam Indian FB pages, so I already subjected to random Indian men trying to add me all the time.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Haier posted:

On topic: I immediately stopped tagging my few photos on IG when I arrived last year because the spam was unbelievable. I'd tag Shenzhen or Zhongshan or something, and within minutes I would be flooded with followers selling Chinese knock-off handbag and shoes, and other dumb poo poo like drones and PCB parts. They were obviously refreshing the location tags with their hordes of accounts. Worse, to me, was the all of the Chinese "models" and photographers who would do the same thing, but it was out of a desperate plea for attention. Then came the comments in English and Chinese of "I like the photo, pelase follow me back" and you look at their profile and it's some 20-year-old fuerdai going to school in the Boston, using some $3000 range finder he bought on vacation in Japan.

Then I realized I could make my profile private and avoid all of this, so I just did that.

It makes me grateful that these people are not on Facebook. Indians + Mainlanders on FB would be too much. I have Indian friends on my FB and spam Indian FB pages, so I already subjected to random Indian men trying to add me all the time.

Show bobs

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

big forehead big life

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
from my understanding hypnosis isnt real

but hey dog can do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQFC-MVaRHY

oh china has dog beat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adJez6xwPcw

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun story. My wife wore a Reebok shirt for the longest that said "big or small save them all" and had no idea it was about boobs lol

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

whip posted:

Fun story. My wife wore a Reebok shirt for the longest that said "big or small save them all" and had no idea it was about boobs lol

i moving penish

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

You feel me?

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

ahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It is mildly endearing in it's terribleness.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

This is eerily similar to my worst student's attempt at a college application letter last year. The only thing missing is "I am best singer than Jay Zhou!"

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Hired

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
interview: we'd like to test your skills in lifting strong bear. There is a bear over there go lift it.

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party
a friendly amateur basketball match in shanxi

https://my.mixtape.moe/fmnbox.mp4

e: non table breaking mp4

big time bisexual fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Aug 25, 2017

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Breaking news: Chinese man somehow killed by black bear.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

angel opportunity I thought you stopped chinaposting

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Eh, I've seen worse resumes.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

"Please feel me"

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

big time bisexual posted:

a friendly amateur basketball match in shanxi

what the actual gently caress it looks like the ref was the one who threw the first punch

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Coolguye posted:

what the actual gently caress it looks like the ref was the one who threw the first punch

No why?

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Let me just steal a post...

sincx posted:

LMAO when did the CCP start using Taiping Rebellion-type faux-Christian propaganda?

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Mods, please rename someone "kitchen help in the Canada" tia

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Mistle posted:

Mods, please rename someone "kitchen help in the Canada" tia

Good luck, I'm still working on being renamed
Florida man simulator.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

madeintaipei posted:

Good luck, I'm still working on being renamed
Florida man simulator.

mods please rename him Florida man stimulator instead

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
Sorry that this is the wrong thread but I think it is relevant if you are looking at this in the next 2 hours.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1zqKVRbYXWWKB

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
Wechat is finally giving good translations

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
哪儿都有 actually means "There are x everywhere" so it's a bad translation

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Body type: dude
Personality: rude
Acts engaged in: lewd
Interested in: food

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Devils Affricate posted:

Body type: dude
Personality: rude
Acts engaged in: lewd
Interested in: food

Please stop doxxing me

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2q0NXIL6m0

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

angel opportunity posted:

哪儿都有 actually means "There are x everywhere" so it's a bad translation
I got the gist of it based on the conversation, because she got offended when I said Mainland people are more rude than other places I've been.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Haier posted:

Indian facebook spam is mostly "YAY Modi, you are the greatest thing ever in the history of the world!", "Look at this poor Indian tea seller/cleaner that got a degree and bettered themselves", "Here is an American of Indian origin that did something, anything good. Aren't we Indians teh best at everything ever!" with the odd "Pakistan are muslim terrorist" thrown in for good measure.

And, it should go without saying, but if you want to cause a shitstorm amongst Indians online, all you have to do is suggest that Sachin Tendulkar is not the very personification of earthly goodness, (even though it has been close to 5 years since he retired)

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

BrigadierSensible posted:

Indian facebook spam is mostly "YAY Modi, you are the greatest thing ever in the history of the world!", "Look at this poor Indian tea seller/cleaner that got a degree and bettered themselves", "Here is an American of Indian origin that did something, anything good. Aren't we Indians teh best at everything ever!" with the odd "Pakistan are muslim terrorist" thrown in for good measure.

And, it should go without saying, but if you want to cause a shitstorm amongst Indians online, all you have to do is suggest that Sachin Tendulkar is not the very personification of earthly goodness, (even though it has been close to 5 years since he retired)
I got a death threat on a Gujarati FB page (it's a prohibition state) because I made fun of "city" Indians who think that drinking alcohol immediately makes them civilized because they bought into the British stereotypes and Indian whiskey advertisements. Indians make some of the absolute worst drunks I have ever been around. If they aren't crying for no reason, they are extremely aggressive and angry and looking for a problem. The more money or power their dad/family has, the worse they are when drunk. Also the more rapey and woman hating.

When I said "spam Indian FB pages," I meant myself. I am addicted to commenting retarded poo poo in all caps. A majority of Indian comments, no matter the topic, are complaints. You are right about all the stupid things they post, but even on nice things like "The city government just installed new traffic lights to help the traffic issue in this area," the comments are always "Fix the drivers! This place is terrible!" "Why so mny lorries allowed? U bttr do something about dis!" "Ther's always man selling fruit nearby and people stand and buy fruit and now the raod is congestion. REmove fruit man!" Then they get upset when I post "NOW THAT THERE IS A RED STOP LIGHT, I WILL KNOW WHEN I AM ILLEGALLY CROSSING. GET OUT OF MY WAY! I HATE RICKSHAWS AND TATA NANO. POOR PEOPLE! GOD BLESS."

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

omrofl a whole new world to troll

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
REMOVE FRUIT MAN!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
One thing I must stop when I leave China is being able to point out the person's looks or weight because that's fine here. When I see photos of somebody, or am out with someone, I am freely allowed to say "LOL, so fat," or "He looks like a pig" or "That girl is balding and looks like a man." I mean, it's true, but everyone says that stuff out loud here all the time and nobody cares because it's part of the culture. I can't really do that so easily in other places, and I have gotten so used to it that I feel a little sad about not being able to instantly say "Wow, look at that guy's disgusting mole!"

Edit:

I mean come on, a pig holding a pig. (Sadly by its ears, which must hurt like hell and made it deaf)

Haier fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Aug 26, 2017

• Locked thread