Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

glam rock hamhock posted:

Marvel Heroes needs to stop adding single heroes that you can't test out and cost 20 loving dollars to unlock

Stop playing lovely F2P garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Feenix posted:

You know, one thing that always bugs me in movies and games (mostly, like, Uncharted, etc..) is you do all this running around, killing, puzzle solving, for poo poo that apparently NO one has ever figured out, and then it opens up a BIG rear end DOOR to an OPEN-TOPPED valley which could have been easily spotted from a helicopter.

They joke about it in the new one

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

haveblue posted:

They're based on Indiana Jones movies which were based on old adventure serials; the tropes for those were laid down before we had satellite photography and helicopters that could fly over mountains.

And even before adventure serials, with the concept of lost cities or hidden realms.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
YEah, I hear you guys. I just felt like Lost Legacy had it egregiously bad. OH HEY LOOK AT THIS GIANT FOREBODING DOOR.

I WONDER WHATS ON THE OTHER SIDE. OH poo poo IT"S A GIANT loving VALLEY WITH THE WORLD'S BIGGEST loving STATUES VISIBLE FROM SPACE.

I mean, anyone in the last 40 years could have started their treasure hunting adventure THERE. :p

It's all good, though. I just get a kick out of how often I've seen something like that come up.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Weekly reminder that y'all need to play observer. Get with the program people

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
One thing I really liked in Uncharted 4 was how the puzzles were mostly broken and didn't work properly.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've spent more hours playing Jak & Daxter for the third time than I have Lost Legacy...

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

I've spent more hours playing Jak & Daxter for the third time than I have Lost Legacy...

I mean it's a way longer game so that would make sense and doesn't really mean all that much.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

sigh

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Marvel Heroes needs to stop adding single heroes that you can't test out and cost 20 loving dollars to unlock

Everytime they add a new hero it comes with a 15gb patch, which absolutely never auto downloads for me, and a handful of changes to the game. The only reason I keep the game installed is because I've got enough currency to buy a premium outfit. Trying to wait to see if the console version ever gets fem Deadpool... I've got a feeling they are going to wait for the next movie though.

revolther
May 27, 2008
Any sights into the flash sale going till 8/28?

Technomancer looks alright for a :10bux: Mass Effect alternative.
Adam's Venture looks like a similarly low budget uncharted with a focus on puzzles.
Lords of the Fallen and blue estate might be worth the 4 bucks each.

Re4 and Dead Rising 4 10bux each might be fun for anyone who hasn't played either. The JC3 dlc too if you're having fun with the base game.

Any clear winners you guys see and recommend?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

revolther posted:

Adam's Venture looks like a similarly low budget uncharted with a focus on puzzles.

Re4 and Dead Rising 4 10bux each might be fun for anyone who hasn't played either. The JC3 dlc too if you're having fun with the base game.

Since that is the date marked on the sales page I'm guessing there is a 100% chance it will go until then.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Like Uncharted was never gonna be a long campaign and was never claimed to be such so I don't know what you were expecting.

Man, you sure bitch a lot about pretty much everything in these threads

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Like Uncharted was never gonna be a long campaign and was never claimed to be such so I don't know what you were expecting.

Man, you sure bitch a lot about pretty much everything in these threads

You have missed the point considerably.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Lol at GRH calling someone else bitchy

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Not my fault I think games are mostly good while most games posters think they're mostly bad :(

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Actually nevermind I thought about it and that is in fact unironically my fault

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The enemies in Lost Legacy flank like a motherfucker. Playing on hard and standing in one place for more than 2 seconds is pretty much death. It feels drat near impossible to find a safe spot or stealth an area.

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

Is it an alright play on the PSQuad?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

It looks really good but I have too much to okay right now and it's almost guaranteed to be $19 by the time I'm freed up (plus Layers of Fear was good but not pay full price for it good)

Still, I'll get to it eventually . "A future where your fear can be hacked" is to wonderfully stupid a concept to resist forever.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
How is observer compared to SOMA?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

nachos posted:

I like the writing a bit more but some of the performances are wooden. Hauer is fine though. The mind hacking bits are great set pieces.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Observer
Absolver
Ruiner

I had to look up each one of these titles to remember what each one was

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It looks really good but I have too much to okay right now and it's almost guaranteed to be $19 by the time I'm freed up (plus Layers of Fear was good but not pay full price for it good)

Still, I'll get to it eventually . "A future where your fear can be hacked" is to wonderfully stupid a concept to resist forever.

Observer is better than layers of fear by a mile.

nachos posted:

I enjoyed the overall story of Soma more, but I liked the moment to moment stuff in observer more. Overall I'd say they are of similar quality.

Steve Jorbs posted:

Is it an alright play on the PSQuad?

It's good. There are some frame rate dips but the game is so slow I don't felt it detracted from it much or at all.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

revolther posted:

Technomancer is quite bad actually. Avoid.

Get darius burst at 85% off

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
How's Jotun? It looks pretty interesting, but people seemed mixed.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Observer
Absolver
Ruiner

I had to look up each one of these titles to remember what each one was

is absolver that kung fu game? I totally forgot that existed, is it out/coming out soon?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

sexpig by night posted:

is absolver that kung fu game? I totally forgot that existed, is it out/coming out soon?

Tuesday. I may get it. Right next to Everybody's Golf (and Mario X Rabbids)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Feenix posted:

god that's a good day for loving around and having fun.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

xcom expansion is out that day too :getin:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I am also playing an Xcom game on that day. Not the one you're thinking about.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Feenix posted:

Kiwami tho

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

oh my god I forgot Kiwami is then too. Tuesday is just drenched with games.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

Yeah Tuesday I think. It sounds really cool. I really can't get a read on if it's essentially a big arena or if it's an actual game you progress through but it sounds pretty interesting. If it ends up being good it sounds like the type of thing goons go crazy for.

http://www.pcgamer.com/absolver-hands-on-a-fun-and-complex-fighting-system-in-a-sad-sad-world/

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I have only seen a few videos but my mind keeps aligning it as 2017 online Karateka. But I could be way off.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Previews looked like dark souls but with a build your own deck of moves idk

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Hiro Protagonist posted:

How's Jotun? It looks pretty interesting, but people seemed mixed.

I only played it for like an hour so take this with a huge grain of salt but while it looks pretty, it doesn't feel that good to play.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

rabidsquid posted:

xcom expansion is out that day too :getin:

PS4 War Of The Chosen got delayed to Sep 12th.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Did they ever change XCOM to make it so the dumb looking upgraded armor doesn't have to replace all the cool customization options? I really hated that. I had all my characters looking like unique badasses and it's all gone after a few hours once you put the stupid Halo armor on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm watching Aliens right now and randomly thinking, if people are re-releasing 90s games on the PS4 the SNES Alien 3 might be one to consider. Unless I'm mistaken it was one of the first if not the first game to have a quest kind of structure to it like modern open world games do. With improved controls, it wouldn't even really need updated visuals (other than making the environments more distinctive) to have a really good atmosphere.

Edit: of course, there's probably licensing stuff to consider, and if they're willing to revisit that then give me a console port of Capcom's Alien vs Predator game holy poo poo.