Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

psydude posted:

Does he have a golf course there?

He's scouting for cheap locations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

waiting for harvey to have hot gay sex with texas

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I hope Trump honestly pitches the atrocious federal response as precisely what his voters had been asking for.

I also hope nobody gets hurt and everything works out ok, but we are definitely not heading into this disaster on a good footing.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

I hope Trump honestly pitches the atrocious federal response as precisely what his voters had been asking for.

I also hope nobody gets hurt and everything works out ok, but we are definitely not heading into this disaster on a good footing.

I was joking at first but just looked at the weather and Amarillo might not get any rain at all until next week :lol:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

I was joking at first but just looked at the weather and Amarillo might not get any rain at all until next week :lol:

I guess if I want an apocalyptic event to annihilate the southwest my best hopes are for a dormant volcano to blow its top.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Casimir Radon posted:

Quick show of hands. Who wants to buy a shirt that says "Shoot the looters" and the picture will have a family that is clearly Caucasian stealing stuff on it?

i wouldn't buy it, but i would wear it for free and maybe even throw a few dollars at a charity if i received it as a "thanks for ur donation"

that's literally how i funded half of my t shirts.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

I guess if I want an apocalyptic event to annihilate the southwest my best hopes are for a dormant volcano to blow its top.

have the earthquakes settled down? I know it wasn't as bad as the fracking out in OK, but I remember them getting more frequent before I escaped.

And I mean Amarillo is a first strike target because of pantex, man. Pantex is where I would look towards for major disaster over a volcano or something out there.

I suppose it all could just fall into a sinkhole at some point.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/TreyYingst/stat...er%3D14%23pti12

sorry texas

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

"Texans have a proud history of enduring war, strife, and natural disasters. They should know that I and the government stand with them for the upcoming severe weather event, and will do everything in our power to aid them before, during, and after the storm has passed."

Is that so hard Donnie?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

tastefully arranged labia posted:

"Texans have a proud history of enduring war, strife, and natural disasters. They should know that I and the government stand with them for the upcoming severe weather event, and will do everything in our power to aid them before, during, and after the storm has passed."

Is that so hard Donnie?

well yeah

he already kind of did the "go ask your mother" routine about supporting people

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump...pagenumber%3D14

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It's Politics 101 for answering an off the cuff question like that. Stroke the ego, make a vague promise that may be empty, move on.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Pulling one from the Sandusky playbook and his sexual attraction to underage boys.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

Quick show of hands. Who wants to buy a shirt that says "Shoot the looters" and the picture will have a family that is clearly Caucasian stealing stuff on it?

does it come in 5XL

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
stevie wonder wouldn't whiff a pitch this bad if he was going against roger clemens in his prime

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/...3D18%23lastpost

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

stevie wonder wouldn't whiff a pitch this bad if he was going against roger clemens in his prime

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/...3D18%23lastpost

Surely that's 50 cent territory. [video type=""]83FHj53QBHY[/video]

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
RIP in hurricane piss Texas

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

RIP in hurricane piss Texas

While the events in Texas were reprehensible, we have to acknowledge there's blame on all sides.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
who here can't honestly see donny saying something like "the several hundred people that died could have been better prepared or they should have left town"

timma85
Feb 13, 2006
Trump maybe getting cut off from his daily feed of InfoWars content.

I hope this is true.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I hope everyone who voted for Trump in Texas gets exactly what they wanted . I hope everyone else gets their valuables and families and gets the gently caress out.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

tastefully arranged labia posted:

It's Politics 101 for answering an off the cuff question like that. Stroke the ego, make a vague promise that may be empty, move on.

"They're gonna be safe"

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/901166628976689157

I can see things going very, very, very badly.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

facialimpediment posted:

"They're gonna be safe"

Holy poo poo.

Edit: Like, what the gently caress, at least have the basics of "Listen to officials and [insert something else here]" instead of best of luck to you all.

:wtf:

Thwomp fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Aug 25, 2017

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

timma85 posted:

Trump maybe getting cut off from his daily feed of InfoWars content.

I hope this is true.

Add Alex Jones to the hyperbolic list of people I would strangle with their own guts given the opportunity.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

facialimpediment posted:

"They're gonna be safe"

Trump should mention his grandchildren once in a while because I didn't know he had any and it's the only card he has left to slightly humanize himself in public opinion.

Because until some googling my reaction to that little girl was "Jesus Christ who is that and why are her parents letting her get on a helicopter with HIM?"

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
here you go nerdos

https://livestormchasing.com/map

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

quote:

CORPUS CHRISTI, Tex. — Even on a calm day, the causeway leading from Corpus Christi to the town of Aransas Pass rides just a few feet above Corpus Christi Bay.

By mid-morning Friday, as rain and wind began pelting the area, most buildings of Aransas Pass were boarded up amid widespread concern water could pour into the community of 8,300 residents from three sides. To the southwest of town, sits the bay, which was already churning more than 12-hours before Hurricane Harvey’s expected landfall. To the east, Redfish Bay separates the town from San Jose and Mustang islands. And Aransas and Copano bays are tucked north and northeast of town.

When a Washington Post reporter spotted a city worker and asked whether they are staying, despite a mandatory evacuation, the man responded, with concern splashed across his face, “I don’t want to.”

But in a scene reminiscent of the bungled government 2005 response to Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans, 66-year-old Mike Taylor said he was left behind.

As part of routine hurricane preparations, Aransas Pass maintains a list of residents who need help evacuating. Taylor, who doesn’t own a car and lives with his disabled 40-year-old son, said he thought he was on the list.

No one ever arrived to take him to safety.

“I thought I had been on the list, but no one came, so now I am just out trying to find some groceries,” said Taylor, who was trudging down Route 35 in a yellow raincoat, even though all the grocery and convenience stores appeared closed. “I lost my driver’s license because I am nearly blind.”

When the Washington Post asked him if he needed help contacting city officials, Taylor said he was resigned to just stay at home – a two-bedroom, one-story house just a few blocks from the water.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Man this is crazy. The local news here has been telling people to get out since early this week. Why does everyone always act all surprised and do it last min? I think Houston/Corpus Christi may be the the new New Orleans.

Also, they are saying that gas prices should spike at least $.25 to $1.00 due to this storm.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ASAPI posted:

Man this is crazy. The local news here has been telling people to get out since early this week. Why does everyone always act all surprised and do it last min? I think Houston/Corpus Christi may be the the new New Orleans.

Also, they are saying that gas prices should spike at least $.25 to $1.00 due to this storm.

A lot of the US refinery capacity is going to be offline for at least a little while so yeah prices are going up at least a little.

Regarding not evacuating...

https://twitter.com/LuchsLikeRain/status/900936322386350080?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

A lot of the US refinery capacity is going to be offline for at least a little while so yeah prices are going up at least a little.

:capitalism:

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

ASAPI posted:

I'd give them a bit of leeway because it did go from an expected tropical downpour to a Category 3 hurricane in like 48 hours but they've been yelling evacuate since the storm showed real signs of rapid strengthening and that was earlier this week. All levels of government should get voted out for a poo poo response and for anyone caught by the storm trying to evacuate and couldn't for lack of government assistance.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ASAPI posted:

A third of the country believes Jews invented climate change, you tell me.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Casimir Radon posted:

I'd buy 7.

Not really, I'd buy like maybe one if I had the spare cash, but I like the idea

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Aug 25, 2017

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Someone post that not so fake NOAA alert

Also Bernie would have won

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/901184968130314240

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

hobbesmaster posted:

That is basically what is happening with my company. They really don't realize that the downtown area (Austin) is going to be flooded and inaccessible. They told us if we can't work from home we needed to burn a vacation day.

The correct answer would be, "gently caress it, we are closing up shop". Funny, the company I work for is based in NY, they did that for Sandy...

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Someone post that not so fake NOAA alert

Also Bernie would have won

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/901184968130314240

I feel like it's been a year since we did the only poll on this that mattered

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

word is Trump about to end DACA

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen

quote:

People who are in vulnerable positions may make a seemingly poor decision, (9/11)

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
a good portion of the us is an unexpected 400 dollar bill away from bankruptcy

yah they gonna go with jobbos

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
If/when we get through this era, it will likely have been because one old, retired Marine general had a stupid nickname he didn't like and some stupid New Yorker liked it.

https://twitter.com/ReaganBattalion/status/901184752094457856

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

ASAPI posted:

That is basically what is happening with my company. They really don't realize that the downtown area (Austin) is going to be flooded and inaccessible. They told us if we can't work from home we needed to burn a vacation day.

The correct answer would be, "gently caress it, we are closing up shop". Funny, the company I work for is based in NY, they did that for Sandy...

Comedy option: have a friend with a pickup truck and a nail gun show up before opening hours and board up all the windows and customer doors!

Do the same for his place of employment.

Take that capitolism

• Locked thread