Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Verranicus posted:

Odds of Trump actually using this to look good and not bungling it like everyone here expects him to?

100% and 0%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Verranicus posted:

Odds of Trump actually using this to look good and not bungling it like everyone here expects him to?

Pivot.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Kale posted:

Your turn now unfortunately it looks like. I read it as a total neutral statement just as you described and didn't see anything death wishing in there but that's just me. Honestly I chalk it up to the make up of users browsing right now, people are just looking for a fight in this thread today I've learned.

You read it correctly.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

oh, fun, the flooding and mud will be intense

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

WampaLord posted:

Just stop. Knock it off. We all know what you're trying to express here, and we don't want it.

Tell me what I'm "trying to express." Go ahead. Tell me.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Your Taint posted:

I sure as hell hope he looks good after this. I'm rooting for him and I hope he handles it exactly as he should.

I still think he's a motherfucker, but people's lives are at stake and I hope he doesn't gently caress it up.

I'm rooting for America and it's in America's best interest that this isn't another Katrina.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

:catstare:

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

Verranicus posted:

If he does nothing but make stupid commercials while the professionals handle things, he'll probably be ok. Don't worry about him doing well now even if he does he'll find another penny to stick in the light socket.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Mustached Demon posted:

I'm rooting for America and it's in America's best interest that this isn't another Katrina.

Exactly.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

image text is fake, almost 20 inches fell in houston on that date

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Holy poo poo. Stay safe, Texas goons.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

That's loving terrifying.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Nine inches of rain is quite a lot if you're in the lower part of the city. That place right there will get hosed up by anything more. Even the richer parts that are higher up are going to get hosed up if it rains too much.

It really is going to be like Katrina again.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

boner confessor posted:

image text is fake, almost 20 inches fell in houston on that date

Maybe overall but that is definitely around a foot of water. look at the cars.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
We had some terrible flooding in my part of Wisconsin in the summer of '08 and that was with far less rain than is predicted in the worse areas, and spread out over a longer time.

I hope to never be anywhere near flooding like that. Good lord.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Spun Dog posted:

I think I'm reading english, but it doesn't make any sense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milkshake_Duck

I posted about how TSwift is coasting on racism, is probably a Trump supporter like her dad, and is completely stealing from Kanye and (goddamn, goddamn, GODDAMN*) Beyonce while trying to paint herself as the victim for being outed as a drat liar. The goddamn album is being released on the anniversary of his mother's death.

*10 points to whoever gets this reference

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Maybe overall but that is definitely around a foot of water. look at the cars.

It's up to the wheelwell, so more than that.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Spun Dog posted:

I think I'm reading english, but it doesn't make any sense.

Milkshake duck: https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/741904787361300481?lang=en

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Well actually that's a photo of the Cleveland Cavaliers victory parade.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Your Taint posted:

But the people there are going to face a consequence, good or bad, of the vote they a significant minority of them cast.
fixed that for ya

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Your Taint posted:

While we're on the topic of music, it would be a horrible idea to live in a city built on rock 'n roll. Rock 'n roll is not a stable foundation to build anything and every structure in that city had to be horribly unstable and dangerous.

It's environmentally friendly to build a city on rock and roll, it ain't noise pollution.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
How this monster looks from the ISS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gDkDpzB8Zo

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is Kanye also a Trump supporter?

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Thanks you two

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Is Kanye also a Trump supporter?

That has nothing to do with Taylor coasting on racism and using it to her advantage as well being so drat white and fragile she needs to steal his merch themes, call out his stage show, and release an entire album about how she is a victim of the mean black man while aping her entire aesthetic from those same black people she is claiming victimized her.

https://twitter.com/sbstryker/status/900407217681190913

https://twitter.com/TSwiftDailyNews/status/900410518325919745

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I've flown before, and the earth can look pretty unreal between 5,000-15,000 feet. You're just not used to seeing things from that perspective at that scale.

The perspective from the ISS is so much wilder. I don't know if I could be there, looking at that storm like that, and not just suddenly have something in my brain snap like "OH MY GOD WHERE THE HELL AM I AHHHHHHHHHH". Cool poo poo.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Your Taint posted:

I hope you didn't hurt yourself jumping to that conclusion.
Like in the game in office space?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Koalas March posted:

That has nothing to do with Taylor coasting on racism and using it to her advantage as well being so drat white and fragile she needs to steal his merch themes, call out his stage show, and release an entire album about how she is a victim of the mean black man while aping her entire aesthetic from those same black people she is claiming victimized her.

https://twitter.com/sbstryker/status/900407217681190913

Taylor Shift made a song praising racism? Really? If so, gently caress her.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I agree Taylor Swift is garbage, that's not what I was asking.

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002
I hope trump does a great job and gets blamed for loving it all up anyway and gets on twitter to petulantly defend himself only this time he's right but it still somehow doesn't matter

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Randbrick posted:

I hope trump does a great job and gets blamed for loving it all up anyway and gets on twitter to petulantly defend himself only this time he's right but it still somehow doesn't matter

That's more or less what I said earlier, and it's actually a real possibility that if FEMA has major successes with this storm, he will decry those successes as failures and blame them on somebody.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
What would Trump loving up the federal response even mean?

Edit:
Not the repercussions of his personal response, but how would the administration's incompetence impede the bureaucratic process of emergency response?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

It's times like these when I am glad I mostly listen to synthwave and post rock.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
I stop following this thread for an hour and suddenly we're furiously debating Taylor Swift :psyduck:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Flip Yr Wig posted:

letting people live in their own poo poo and drink their own urine at NRG Field?

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

moostaffa posted:

Official WH stance: "Listen to local leaders"
Trump on twitter next week: "I saved thousands of lives"

e:
https://twitter.com/TreyYingst/status/901160024696901632

That is some delusional, callous rear end poo poo right there.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Randbrick posted:

Trump can't even do a stopped clock is right twice a day which is incredibly stupid and impressive at the same time.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

boner confessor posted:

also i just want to point out that assuming that this storm peaks at 35 inches of rain then it would only be the fifth wettest tropical storm to hit texas since records began

it's a big storm for sure but texas and the other gulf states tend to get hit by these storms

https://twitter.com/KHayhoe/status/901162324786110465

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Taylor Swift doesn't care about black people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Flip Yr Wig posted:

most of his loving up is already locked in through his appointments to FEMA/DHS but he could also fail to push through post storm cleanup measures like declaring a disaster area and failing to put pressure on relief funding like what happened in north carolina earlier this year

http://myfox8.com/2017/05/10/governor-cooper-shocked-and-disappointed-after-nc-gets-6-1m-in-hurricane-matthew-relief/

• Locked thread